Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nurmi wants to keep reporters from tweeting and reporting on trial. Says witnesses do not want to testify in public due to threats.per Beth Karas.
same old argument.

I have to wonder if it's, in fact, Nurmi who is being/feeling threatened in this retrial phase?

I want proof of any allegations from Nurmi about CURRENT death threats. The previous trial is OVER. This is the new trial. Where is proof of what you are saying Nurmi?

JA is secure in jail and is not going to be harmed by anybody.

More BS from Nurmi. He just wants to make a scene in any way he can. Delay, Cause Disruptions, etc.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi is concerned about immediate threats that could be made to witnesses due to the instant reporting and media attention. #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Judge Orozoo says he's troubled by this argument because witnesses could be harassed after trial #jodiarias #3tvarias

Exactly what I was thinking!! Yay, Judge Orozoo!

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
#JodiArias defense attorney says he wants media out of courtroom to protect expert witnesses testifying about Jodi.

EXPERT witness? It's their job. They are getting paid. pfttt

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Nurmi complains he gets threats based on questions he asks..Judge O says it comes with territory #jodiarias #3tvarias

@monicalindstrom: #Nurmi made as good of an argument as he could have in 9 minutes #Jodiarias, I don’t like his position but it was sound

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 25s 26 seconds ago

Nurmi explains that judge Stephens said the potential for mistrial is there having already lost 2 jurors.

He is done now. #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: David B is back up and says they don't want to halt the trial. He states you can take a camera out but not the public #jodiarias #3tvarias

This seems to be going pretty well for us who want media access. Perhaps we should try to get the cameras back on too :) #JodiArias

LOL

en's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 9s 9 seconds ago
David B is back up and says they don't want to halt the trial. He states you can take a camera out but not the public #jodiarias #3tvarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi complains he gets threats based on questions he asks..Judge O says it comes with territory #jodiarias #3tvarias

@monicalindstrom: judge Portley “ is the public’s rights subservient to #JodiArias rights?”

YES!!! It comes with the territory! It's part of your job! No one EVER likes defense attorneys lol.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Nurmi says certain witnesses feel threatened #jodiarias #3tvarias

So that means she has several witnesses.....mitigators: ALv...Jodi was justified killing TA, and witnesses saying they saw bruises.

So, basically Nurmi wants this entire trial sealed for the next 50 years to protect himself and the 'expert witnesses.'

Just to be clear, Juan is only objected to a STAY regarding halting the trial. We do not know if/when he objected to the media being kicked out. He may have done that at the sidebar or in chambers. I don't blame him for wanting the trial to continue and not allowing endless stops/starts like last time.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 2m2 minutes ago Phoenix, AZ
#JodiArias defense attorney says he wants media out of courtroom to protect expert witnesses testifying about Jodi.

Does this suggest that this circus is because of ALV!? Grrr!! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member