Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@jeffgoldesq: @chriswnews: Media closing: We run the risk of perpetual darkness & confusion unless the the court steps in & addresses 1st amendment. Amen.

Completely agree. His reasoning was people are mean to me. Defense attorneys are usually good at shutting out the noise and getting on with their jobs. Why is that so difficult for this man? Who cares what people think? Shutting everyone out so you won't be "scrutinized" is just not good enough.

He said he doesn't want him and Wilmont handling of the case scrutinized for all of eternity. he's worried about getting clients after the way the did this whole trial

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 4m 4 minutes ago

media lawyers says you can take the camera out of the court but

you cant take the public out of a public trial just for #jodiarias

Exactly !

There goes Monica. Really? Nurmi doesn't like people tweeting about him is sound legal reasoning?

I thought Nurmi was laughable. Same old argument we have heard since ALV. And she is still alive and well.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 29 seconds ago
David asks court to step in and fix this. Judges state a ruling will be made and released today #jodiarias #3tvarias

YES. Please "fix" this. And if it goes the way it should, then please let JSS understand that she can be firm with the JA and her defense and has laws to back her. She should not let the fear of an appeal direct her decisions.

This case bar none has been the weirdest case ever.

So now trials must be held in secret to protect hired guns?

Where in the hell is the logic in that? If they don't want the backlash about their paid opinions then don't testify. Seems pretty simple to me.

So they want to say all of this BS but they don't want anyone to hear them saying it????????????

Exactly! BS buzzer going off on what Nurmi is claiming.

It doesn't seem to me that there was any logical reason to close the courtroom. None whatsoever. So Nurmi's afraid of deaththreats? I mean come on, Jose Beaz is still alive and his case was much bigger than Nurmi's. Nurmi'll be fine. And Alyce LaViolette will just have to learn to live with those Amazon reviews.

ALV got what she had coming because she does not know S*** about domestic violence. IMO!!!!!

I thought Nurmi was laughable. Same old argument we have heard since ALV. And she is still alive and well.
ETA: did Jodi actually think she could slaughter someone and no threats would be made to her or those who lie for her? I don't condone threatening but her defense is all smoke and mirrors.

Didn't nurmi tell his witness they wouldn't have to testify in public? He had no right and now it's biting him in the butt.
" But Judge! I already told them ....."

so all this talk and speculation about why JSS found it necessary to close the courtroom and …. it was all because nurmi doesn't like live coverage and EXPERT witnesses, whose testimony SHOULD be scrutinized by all and sundry don't want anyone to hear what they say? Was there more that I missed? I'm very disappointed in the judge. I believed that she had good reason.

ALV got what she had coming because she does not know S*** about domestic violence. IMO!!!!!

Entitled, hypocritical and manipulative just like her client. And remember she 'harassed' Samantha!

@TrialDiariesJ: David asks court to step in and fix this. Judges state a ruling will be made and released today #jodiarias #3tvarias

Hopefully if JSS ruling is reversed, it will be before the jury convenes.

Could the COA overturn JSS's decisions and direct them to use subpoenas for those who refuse to testify? I mean, why doesn't she just do that? Is she worried the media's mere presence will affect their testimony?

The only person Nurmi should be afraid of, is the killer sitting close to him in the courtroom. Based on the motion she wrote asking for him to be removed, she might just strangle him come sentencing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx