Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AZlawyer, does this really mean KN has no other witnesses? Why would JSS and attorneys need to take a day tomorrow to decide what to do next? From the sidelines, it sounds like they have no experience in where to go when they have been rebuked. They just want to take their toys and go home? I am not trying to be critical of Martinez. This is just about the way the court is being run. And they want to say they will lose jurors? It's their own fault. I guess JA is about to get a huge migraine. Poor baby. I wish we could read the fll ring from the Judges. Seems like no one is clear what it means.
Also, this may not be a fair question but elections are tomorrow. Could the judges have made this decision to put off a final decision until after the elections?

Um . . . is jeffgoldesq always so eloquent in getting his point across?

WTH is he trying to say?

His grammar is actually proper in this tweet. He's saying this stay means they may reverse Judge Stephens ruling to keep the media out. Sounds like enforcing the original ruling to keep video out until after the verdict and have media watch from overflow room is a good compromise. I think that's what they'll tell her to do.

The DT are as desperate as a goldfish in a leaky bowl. MOO. I hope the jury sees it too.

His grammar is actually proper in this tweet. He's saying this stay means they may reverse Judge Stephens ruling to keep the media out. Sounds like enforcing the original ruling to keep video out until after the verdict and have media watch from overflow room is a good compromise. I think that's what they'll tell her to do.
Why would the media have to be in the overflow room?

Nice waste of jury time today. Or were they dismissed earlier?

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

So Im watching the hearing and I have a few observations.. While Nurmi seems to have lost an entire person he is still slow in his arguments. Still has that.. aaaaa.... thing...

I don't have an issue with JSS erring on the side of protecting JA's trial in that I don't want to do it again. That is why there is a COA. Everyone has their job.

A reversal would likely mean release of secret testimony as well, right?

Which means????? Please say this in English not legal talk.

It means that the appeals court found the media's argument relevant and its going to be talked about and in the meantime media is back in the courtroom for the phantom witness

Why would the media have to be in the overflow room?

Ask the appeals judges, they mentioned this would be a less drastic measure JSS could take instead of making them leave entirely. Perhaps so the witness doesn't feel "pressured" or "intimidated" by the media's presence.

I am just baffled by the antics that happen in this case.

AZL - you mentioned something about all of the sidebars being sealed . . . is that a normal way that proceedings are handled? Can you explain more?

So Im watching the hearing and I have a few observations.. While Nurmi seems to have lost an entire person he is still slow in his arguments. Still has that.. aaaaa.... thing...

I don't have an issue with JSS erring on the side of protecting JA's trial in that I don't want to do it again. That is why there is a COA. Everyone has their job.

There is being cautious and then there is being ridiculous.

Azl ~ Can JA still listen to what is being said at sidebar? I think ? I remember her wearing earphones last year during sidebar...:thinking:

They can arrange for her to hear if her attorneys request it.

Az, is thsi mean the public can also come in?

well no witness today

Depends on what the order says. Probably not, though.

I guess my question is... if you know someone is reluctant, or downright hostile even, how could that possibly assist a defendant? The judge would not issue a subpoena unless one side requested it... is that not right?

Correct.

AZlawyer, does this really mean KN has no other witnesses? Why would JSS and attorneys need to take a day tomorrow to decide what to do next? From the sidelines, it sounds like they have no experience in where to go when they have been rebuked. They just want to take their toys and go home? I am not trying to be critical of Martinez. This is just about the way the court is being run. And they want to say they will lose jurors? It's their own fault. I guess JA is about to get a huge migraine. Poor baby. I wish we could read the fll ring from the Judges. Seems like no one is clear what it means.
Also, this may not be a fair question but elections are tomorrow. Could the judges have made this decision to put off a final decision until after the elections?

It doesn't mean he has no other witnesses. It means that the order is probably longer and has more implications than the snippet(s) that have been tweeted. I would love to read it.

A reversal would likely mean release of secret testimony as well, right?

Yes.

Um . . . is jeffgoldesq always so eloquent in getting his point across?

WTH is he trying to say?

As I understand it, this ruling by the judges does not reverse JSS ruling about closing the court for the 'secret witness(s)', only that the court must reopen for other testimony, if such exists, but the media wants no closings at all, for any witnesses, under the presently stated 'risk' environment.

It means that the appeals court found the media's argument relevant and its going to be talked about and in the meantime media is back in the courtroom for the phantom witness

Thank you so much. You seem to be the only one that knows what is going on. I sure don't.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 40s 41 seconds ago

#JodiArias Nurmi is the 1st one out.

Willmott sits at def desk w/Arias & Maria looking at pic of TA & JA at Grand Canyon.

Court almost empty

For Nurmi:

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
UBM - Geez, she's even got her defense team obsessing over Travis now. :silenced: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez