Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just baffled by the antics that happen in this case.

AZL - you mentioned something about all of the sidebars being sealed . . . is that a normal way that proceedings are handled? Can you explain more?

No way. Totally abnormal and IMO unconstitutional.

The Court of Appeals issued a stay in the Arias trial putting a stop to it until it can decide the merits; that is, until it can decide the constitutionality of the closure order. The defense, of course, can always call another witness who isn't demanding a close courtroom so that the trial continues. But no one really expects that.

~ Beth Karas

. . .because there aren't any!! :floorlaugh:

<respectfully snipped>
It doesn't mean he has no other witnesses. It means that the order is probably longer and has more implications than the snippet(s) that have been tweeted. I would love to read it.

Do you think it will be posted online so that we can read it? (And probably then ask you all kinds of questions about it, haha)

This infuriates me. Remove all the bells & whistles - and the bottom line is this woman murdered this man - and has already been convicted of it. First degree. The DT are tapdancing around his corpse - with 27 stab wounds (9 IN THE BACK), a cut throat & gunshot to the head - tapdancing around it, throwing sparklers in the air, & yelling "HEY! LOOK AT THIS! DON'T LOOK AT THAT! HERE - OVER HERE! LOOK AT THIS!"

I hate it. I HATE IT! It makes me so very very angry....

Do you think it will be posted online so that we can read it? (And probably then ask you all kinds of questions about it, haha)

One of the tweeters said it would, but who knows.

ETA: Nevermind lol.

Tulessa is a victim as her brother and sister-in-law were murdered. She knows exactly what the Alexander's are going through.

Indeed, but she disagreed and stated as "not true" with what I actually posted: that Sharon Rocha no longer thinks of Laci's killer (which is exactly what Sharon said in interviews within a couple years of SP being sentenced) and she also disagreed that the Alexanders will eventually be able to think of Travis first and foremost and the importance of his killer and worrying about the killer's feelings will fade to the background once the killer is sentenced and gone. That's what I posted.

Based on the fact that the media was allowed back in to the courtroom, I am under the impression that the COA gave some indication or made some ruling beyond the stay. I will say this, in my mind (not a lawyer) the fact that they granted the stay, especially in light of the JM's position against it and the nature of the Judges questions, seems to suggest that the Judges have also given much thought and possibly arrived at some conclusions regarding the Constitutional argument that was set forth by the press attorney.

I hope a transcript of the decision/ruling will be made available soon

Thank you so much. You seem to be the only one that knows what is going on. I sure don't.

Lol you are kind but no....I can sometimes splice through fancy words but that's it. The term "stay" threw me off... but thankfully it means that the motion will be considered....no ruling yet but in the meantime, back to trial.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Based on the fact that the media was allowed back in to the courtroom, I am under the impression that the COA gave some indication or made some ruling beyond the stay. I will say this, in my mind (not a lawyer) the fact that they granted the stay, especially in light of the JM's position against it and the nature of the Judges questions, seems to suggest that the Judges have also given much thought and possibly arrived at some conclusions regarding the Constitutional argument that was set forth by the press attorney.

I hope a transcript of the decision/ruling will be made available soon

They were only allowed back in because the secret testimony was halted so other testimony was allowed to continue and they're allowed to be there for that.

Did I get any attention? Can someone just give me the down and dirty on what happened? I heard the appeals ct heard argument today. I've been stuck in mtgs for hours and have no clue what happened-I hate that! Take pity!

Most people I've know who speak in that manner have Cerebral Palsey. Could be other condition as well.

I don't think any other trial judge is going to conduct his or her courtroom or a murder trial in this same way. I think the chance of that is almost zero %. This is a very bizarre situation with a bizarre set of behaviors by this judge. Her rulings will not become precedent and I don't think any future defendant in some other trial in some other judge's court will pull these kind of shenanigans.

@monicalindstrom: Attorneys back at 1:30 tomorrow to determine next steps #JodiArias

@TrialDiariesJ: Court is in recess until 10am Wednesday but a hearing will happen on Tuesday #jodiarias #3tvarias[/QUOTE

A sealed hearing, no doubt?

I really think JSS has drank some of the Jodi arias koolaid. I dont think its an overabundance of caution at this point.

:gaah: She's been nipping on the CMJA flavored "koolaid" for a long time now ...

:gaah: But this time, she drank the whole pitcher !

:moo:

Who knows--it's sealed.

I cannot wait for this to get over, so that JSS actions in this case can be held to a level of scrutiny by colleagues, press and public. Her lackadaisical attitude towards the constitution is astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez