Retrieving wreckage from AirAsia Flight To Singapore- no survivors recovered

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philip Wood's partner is on CNN saying she thinks there is a connection between MH370, MH17 and 8501. Grief has driven her crazy and I wish CNN wouldn't put her on the air.

I was wondering yesterday how long it would take them to put her on the air.

Philip Wood's partner is on CNN saying she thinks there is a connection between MH370, MH17 and 8501. Grief has driven her crazy and I wish CNN wouldn't put her on the air.
Grief has not driven her crazy, imo. She is talking about the connection being the way the airline has been run, the safety issues, the other issues which could be negligence, and any other thing the Malaysian Govt or Airline has covered up (or so she feels). That certainly is not crazy talk. She could be right. This is unusual because a government owns the airlines and we know how politics works behind the scenes...and even more sketchy things could happen when we are talking about that part of the world.

She is truly a victim and this is a victim friendly site. I see no reason to bash her in any way. She deserves to be heard.

They had Danica Weeks on as well. She still has her husband's ring around her neck. :(

It has to still be so incredibly raw for the families. They are still on their "firsts": first birthday, first Christmas, etc. Another plane crash just makes it worse.

CNN had Heidi Snow (fiance was on TWA 800) on this morning, I think. She was saying the calls in to ACCESS had increased, and that they have family members calling in about plane crashes as far back as the late 1950's.

How long will it take the planes to fly over where the smoke is coming from? I would have thought they would have been there by now.
Maybe any news is not being released yet...

Call me totally stupid - I'm one for the facts and not a conspiracy theory....I still find that the laws of average regarding these incidents are pretty high. I agree just downright creepy.
I like facts myself, but seems we are missing so many facts it becomes a guessing game with applied logic and theories. It is what we do around here. ;)

I believe this plane will be found, but being it is a heavy shipping channel and no one has seen anything so far in the sea...maybe it did crash on land. The same could have happened with MH370 and why no one has found any sign of it.

I have read of burning buildings smoldering for days and days so it does not surprise me that if this is the plane that it could be smoldering and smoke this long. That part is not unusual. I am a little surprised nobody saw the smoke yesterday though. It seems it would be visible pretty easily so why didnt they spot it yesterday.

Maybe there are some survivors and the fire was set intentionally!

I don't know. It is all just so sad.

ETA: I posted this when I heard about the smoke. It seems others are wondering the same thing.

Prayers again tonight for the families and that something is found soon.

:praying:

Maybe there are some survivors and the fire was set intentionally!

I don't know. It is all just so sad.

I was thinking the same thing.
Either the plane crashed on the island and there were survivors or it crashed close enough to shore that some survivors were able to reach shore.

I found this article describing the location of "Long Island" a little bit better. It kind of gives you an idea of where the smoke & objects have been spotted, via google maps.

Smoke spotted as searchers look for missing AirAsia jet

Local media in Indonesia reported the smoke was seen on Long Island, one of thousands that make up the archipelago that forms Indonesia.

Searchers have been scanning the water's surface for signs of the plane, which went missing with 162 people aboard on Sunday as it flew between the islands of Belitung and Borneo, a heavily traveled shipping channel with shallow waters.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/29/world/asia/airasia-missing-plane/

And this one.

An Indonesian official says objects have been spotted in the sea by a search plane hunting for the missing AirAsia jet.

Jakarta's Air Force base commander Rear Marshal Dwi Putranto says he was informed Monday that an Australian Orion aircraft had detected suspicious objects near Nangka island, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) southwest of Pangkalan Bun, near central Kalimantan, or 700 miles (1,120 kilometers) from the location where the plane lost contact.

http://abcnews.go.com/International...pots-objects-sea-airasia-search-area-27871565

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bor...b7ca9717d9022269!2m2!1d111.626448!2d-2.676583

No matter how many times the experts try to tell the news readers that aviation accidnets are never one thing. They are not. I wil try to go like quick !

Eastern crash -- did not get a locked landing gear green pilot told engineer to go into well to look - when he got up he gently hit the column disenagaging the authopilot thye then started trying to play around wtih the bulb - menawhile the jet was descending into the ground a 4$ bulb wiped out a jumo jet, but if one thing in that chain did not happen --did not bump the column vever would have happened

The biggest aviation accident to this date was unreal. I go quick! Terrorist attack at landing airport - lots flight diverted-KLM pilot really anxious to get going running up againist his duty time out on runway at the exact second for a second another aircraft keyed his mike to making the tower clarifing he was not cleared for takeoff blocked out two 747's collided several seconds later - a one second click but there was language issues, stress, using taxiways casue of diversion, the other pilot on the plane made the wrong turn if any one of those events did not occur it would not have a car

they all are like car pile up on an expressway one thing changed the whole thing could change

air florida huge washinton dc snow event neither pilot never flew in snow before they deiced the solution was not mixed correct the tug got stuck - he used the reverse thrust to get out - he then while waiting in taxi used the exhaust from the jet ahead of him to blow off snow off his wings, - this warmed wing ice reformed they crashed 90 seconds later

if one link in any event did not happen most of em would not have happened it is always a series

here i would guess flown into this weather successfully in past- felt trapped when he came out of his left turn and saw another monster ahead of him
knew what was behind him

had gotten his first deviation approved so figured second request would be accomodated

we have to remember there moving at 500 mph!

he then has to start attending to the airplane responding to increasing turbelence and a whole chain of events then just unfolded and when piled up your past the point of no return

I think the core is gonna be icing

I like facts myself, but seems we are missing so many facts it becomes a guessing game with applied logic and theories. It is what we do around here. ;)

I believe this plane will be found, but being it is a heavy shipping channel and no one has seen anything so far in the sea...maybe it did crash on land. The same could have happened with MH370 and why no one has found any sign of it.

I too think it will be found, but I think the search is going to be different - cause it seems as most folks are thinking it impacted in one piece, I kinda think it disintergrated a lot higher up which would change the search debris feild. Like I think if they knew it came apart at 29000 feet they would design the intial search areas differently. I think our starting point may be wrong which impacts searchs

No matter how many times the experts try to tell the news readers that aviation accidnets are never one thing. They are not. I wil try to go like quick !

Eastern crash -- did not get a locked landing gear green pilot told engineer to go into well to look - when he got up he gently hit the column disenagaging the authopilot thye then started trying to play around wtih the bulb - menawhile the jet was descending into the ground a 4$ bulb wiped out a jumo jet, but if one thing in that chain did not happen --did not bump the column vever would have happened

The biggest aviation accident to this date was unreal. I go quick! Terrorist attack at landing airport - lots flight diverted-KLM pilot really anxious to get going running up againist his duty time out on runway at the exact second for a second another aircraft keyed his mike to making the tower clarifing he was not cleared for takeoff blocked out two 747's collided several seconds later - a one second click but there was language issues, stress, using taxiways casue of diversion, the other pilot on the plane made the wrong turn if any one of those events did not occur it would not have a car

they all are like car pile up on an expressway one thing changed the whole thing could change

air florida huge washinton dc snow event neither pilot never flew in snow before they deiced the solution was not mixed correct the tug got stuck - he used the reverse thrust to get out - he then while waiting in taxi used the exhaust from the jet ahead of him to blow off snow off his wings, - this warmed wing ice reformed they crashed 90 seconds later

if one link in any event did not happen most of em would not have happened it is always a series

here i would guess flown into this weather successfully in past- felt trapped when he came out of his left turn and saw another monster ahead of him
knew what was behind him

had gotten his first deviation approved so figured second request would be accomodated

we have to remember there moving at 500 mph!

he then has to start attending to the airplane responding to increasing turbelence and a whole chain of events then just unfolded and when piled up your past the point of no return

I think the core is gonna be icing

Totally agree it's called the Swiss cheese effect.

Indonesia search officials say 2 emergency signals were not from the missing AirAsia flight - @ChannelNewsAsia

tid bits

similar events took place earlier this year. On 24 July a Swiftair Boeing MD-83, flying from Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso to Algiers, also went missing shortly after the pilots reported changing course to avoid storm clouds.

another weather-related loss on 16 August 2005, a West Caribbean Airways MD-80 flying from Panama City to Martinique went out of control while the pilots were discussing how to deal with the airframe and engine icing the aircraft seemed to be suffering. The crew were cleared by ATC to descend because they said they could not maintain altitude. The stall warning is known to have operated during the descent, which took 3.5min from cruise at 33,000ft to impact with the ground.ays later the wreckage was found in desert terrain in Mali.

This one is ice related

Colgan Air Flight 3407 hat the accident was caused by the pilots' inability to respond properly to the stall warnings.[ Weather conditions were a wintry mix in the area, with light snow, fog, and winds at 17 miles per hour (15 knots). The de-icing system was turned on 11 minutes into the flight by the crew, who discussed significant ice buildup on the aircraft's wings and windscreen shortly before the crash.[SUP][16][/SUP][SUP][17][/SUP][SUP][18][/SUP] Two other aircraft reported icing conditions around the time of the crash. The last radio transmission from the flight occurred when the plane was 3.0 miles (4.8 km) northeast of the airport radio beacon known as KLUMP (see diagram), when First Officer Shaw acknowledged a routine instruction to change to tower frequency. The aircraft crashed 41 seconds after the last transmission.

ice can disturb the flow of air over the tail plane, the horizontal stabilizer. The horizontal stabilizer acts as an upside-down wing, pushing the tail down to counterbalance the lift provided by the wings, which are usually behind the aircraft’s center of gravity. If the smooth flow of air is disturbed over the tail plane, the horizontal stabilizer isn’t providing the necessary downforce and the nose of the aircraft may pitch downward, the video warns.

This is the same as last time in terms of it boggling my mind with 548 satelittes up there why everyone has to wait for assets to "get" somewhere. Obsiously we control some of our sateliittes - why dont we just zip on over for a peek. They can tell if someone is picking their nose in 4 sec -- I do not get this angle !

Because USA doesn't have a reason to do it, nothing in it for them except humanitarian, perhaps after the fact.

Re: smoke. I don't think it has anything to do with it, it could be from a recent lightening strike or who knows. A few months ago not too far from here a barn went up in flames due to combustion of manure. http://www.thehorse.com/articles/34283/exploding-manure-blamed-for-california-barn-fire

Also, you shouldn't be telling "our super sneaky spy" secrets. LOL, Everyone knows, no one wants to admit.

@bbcadnan Indonesia investigating smoke @ Long Island, Belitung. Photographed by media on Mon, from 200ft above sea. #AirAsia. BBC Indonesian Service
https://twitter.com/bbcadnan

I guess they haven't published the photo of the smoke yet because I can't find it.

"On Tuesday, the head of Indonesia's search and rescue officials in Banka Belitung province told the BBC they were deploying teams to investigate reports of "billowing smoke" on Long Island, just south of Belitung island, inside the search zone. Andriandi said the smoke was spotted on Monday by a Chinese television crew, about 29 miles from Manggar in East Belitung."
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30626734

Just heard on CNN, families will be taken via air bus to fly over the search area. No way!

The families of the passengers requested to be flown over the search area so they could pray. That broke my heart even though I'm an athiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth