Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Straits Times @STcom ·
#AirAsia Flight for relatives will have 180 seats. Untaken seats will be offered to media. #QZ8501

#AirAsia chartering flight to search location for relatives to circle area so that they can pray for safe return of passengers #QZ8501

#AirAsia charters a A320 flight to search location upon families request #QZ8501

I am just plain confused why ELT can't be picked up by search aircraft -- moo

#AirAsia Flight for relatives will have 180 seats. Untaken seats will be offered to media. #QZ8501

#AirAsia chartering flight to search location for relatives to circle area so that they can pray for safe return of passengers #QZ8501

#AirAsia charters a A320 flight to search location upon families request #QZ8501

They had to ruin a nice gesture by including the media.

I believe the CEO of Air Asia should be prepared to answer questions to determine whether there was ELT on that plane at all.

In the case of MH370 although there were 4 ELTS installed at time of delivery it has not been addressed if MAL paid for upgrades according to this article. Given that Air Asia is a 'discount airline' , cost cutting may have taken place in lieu of safety upgrades MOO

''Moreover, there are no set international regulations requiring all aircraft worldwide to be equipped with such a beacon, or Emergency Locator Transmitter. The guidance is fully in the hands of aviation authorities of individual countries.

According to the spokesman of Boeing UK, the lost Malaysian aircraft, a Boeing 777-2H6ER was delivered to Malaysia Airlines with four emergency locator transmitters back in 2002.

However, the company doesn’t have any information about whether the operator (Malaysia Airlines) made any upgrades to the system since.''

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2014/03/flight-mh370-emergency.cfm

Perhaps Indonesian officials should also prepare to answer the questions whether safety standards re ELT are up to standard.

7News Yahoo!7 ‏@Y7News 17s17 seconds ago
#BREAKING Reports objects resembling emergency slide, plane door seen in #AirAsia #QZ850 search. More to come.

“We spotted about 10 big objects and many more small white-coloured objects which we could not photograph,” Indonesian air force official Agus Dwi Putranto told a press conference.

"10 bigger items and countless smaller items. These look like items that are not usually seen on sea surface," MetroTV cited two-star air force officer Dwi Putranto. -

See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...ency-slide-plane-door-se#sthash.kcY9qRKf.dpuf

I think this is the plane.

CNN reporting that debris has been found. Thank God!

(not thank God for CNN, but hoping and praying for closure for the families)

Sorry, I do not know if this is a legitimate news site.
‏@AlBoeNEWS
BREAKING: 'Objects seen in the sea resembling a life raft, life jackets and long orange tubes' #AirAsia http://ara.tv/zym4n

My heart hurts thinking about those poor families hearing this news right now.

I believe the CEO of Air Asia should be prepared to answer questions to determine whether there was ELT on that plane at all.

In the case of MH370 although there were 4 ELTS installed at time of delivery it has not been addressed if MAL paid for upgrades according to this article. Given that Air Asia is a 'discount airline' , cost cutting may have taken place in lieu of safety upgrades MOO

''Moreover, there are no set international regulations requiring all aircraft worldwide to be equipped with such a beacon, or Emergency Locator Transmitter. The guidance is fully in the hands of aviation authorities of individual countries.

According to the spokesman of Boeing UK, the lost Malaysian aircraft, a Boeing 777-2H6ER was delivered to Malaysia Airlines with four emergency locator transmitters back in 2002.

However, the company doesn’t have any information about whether the operator (Malaysia Airlines) made any upgrades to the system since.''

http://eandt.theiet.org/magazine/2014/03/flight-mh370-emergency.cfm

Perhaps Indonesian officials should also prepare to answer the questions whether safety standards re ELT are up to standard.
Hi Newone,

Not having an ELT on board would be a no go item. Engineers will check aircraft instrumentation/fuselage/wings/engines absolutely everything you can see or think of Airbus would have an Engineering Manual as to when these checks should be performed. Same as cabin items such as life jackets, oxygen bottles, halon extinguishers.

On that note I just heard on CNN wreckage has been found.

BREAKING: @12:59 AM EST

CNN is now reporting that debris has been found in the water!

I am new at the flight tracker thing -- but I find it fascinating how we can be in our fluffy pj's sipping chardonnay and watching flights in real time on our computers --- I have no idea how this works and what the disconnect is between this sort of technology and an ELT from a downed airliner KWIM?

http://planefinder.net/

You can see how many planes are over Indonesia right now = click on any one of the planes for details

CNN on TV is reporting pics of silver items, red items, and yellow triangle items. Government is now talking about the items found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bleausky