Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question of this thread definitely needs to be discussed. I am completely perplexed by the behavior of Casey's family. It's true that CA did not have to call the police at all. It's a fact that GA and CA picked up the car from the tow yard, and it reeked of death, but they actually went back to work that afternoon. Cindy's co-workers/boss had to urge her to go home early and it was suggested to her that she should call the police. Cindy wanted to find and talk to Casey first. In the meantime, GA and CA started tampering with evidence that would help LE find a missing little girl - and they did know Caylee had been gone for a month and they recognized what that smell usually meant.

Did they have any clue that Caylee was dead before they called police, other than the car reeking of death? Maybe they found something in their backyard, as well. I have always been puzzled why they did that landscaping project right around the time Caylee had disappeared from their life. Were they actually looking for clues in their own backyard?

Three 911 calls, and a lot of strange behavior since. Why try to cover it up, but be the ones to call police? It should be easy to figure out, but not when it's the Anthonys. I'm looking forward to what others have to say.

I think that CA "knew" something as soon as that car pulled in the driveway....but a small part of her had hope that she was wrong. I think that while she cleaned up the car she still hoped that she could get KC to produce Caylee. In the back of her mind, she left open the possibility that Caylee was alive, but her deliberate actions were her "motherly" instincts to protect her daughter kicking in. When she finally got KC home and found out that KC would not or could not produce a safe and live Caylee her gut reactions kicked in. She was realizing that her fears had been confirmed. She called 911 because in that moment of anger and panic(her real feelings unfiltered)..she wanted KC punished. She wanted KC held accountable. She wanted Caylee and KC was an afterthought. It was after she realized that night that Caylee was never coming home that she began her agenda to protect KC. Again...motherly instincts kicking in.

Early on, didn't she say to Lee or George to come home "Casey is in trouble." Wouldn't that tell us, knowing what we know now about how CA covers everything for CA, that she was in coverup mode even then?

But if she was, why alert the police? Why bring about exactly what the coverup would be meant to prevent?

[Thanks for your response. :) ]

Another theory could be, knowing how cindy always says casey is her best friend and they are soo close..perhaps cindy was pizzed that casey wouldn't tell her what happened? cindy's retaliation is threatening to call LE, but not truly meaning it? I truly think that had casey told cindy that night prior to the 911 calls that caylee had died, cindy would have never called 911. She'd have concocted a story to her family, and never involve LE. Thats what cindy does best....cover for casey.

Also, cindy asks casey in jail "why did you leave the car there?" In other words ..Why didn't you ask ME for help?

I'm glad to see this question posed here as I made a response on another thread that "poofed" for some reason.

In a nutshell, the answer is "the Pontiac".

Noone called the police until they were faced with a car that had the "smell of a dead body". It's not like CA had had enough so reported her missing granddaughter to the police. She had to when she did. How would the A's know if somebody from the towyard would not call LE and say that a car that had the smell of decomp had just been taken off the lot.

CA is asked in her depo if she had told KC she was on her way over to TL's on July 15. She responded that she thinks she had. What we know is that she texted "Call home. Big problem." (not exact). That sounds like a comment from someone who is inside the situation versus a confused person. Otherwise imo the text should read "get you arse home NOW and explain why the car is impounded and why it stinks to high heaven". By the way, why would the A's even pay $500 to get the car out? They didn't know where KC was and they didn't need to drive it. When GA and CA smelled that car, they should have left it there, found their daughter and marched her back to face the Pontiac and explain in front of the police the situation of why it was there in the first place and what she had been doing since June 27 when she left it at Amscot. If they had done that, none of us would be sitting here questioning the extent of their involvement.

Lastly, CA said she just said stuff to get peoples' attention - ya, right! (actually this could be true as she had already made two calls previously but she finally told 911 her real concern - since when did CA ever turn KC in for minor infractions prior to this?)

This is the best illustration of "the boy who cried wolf" story that I've ever seen played out in real life.
If they get away with this, I will have to question our legal system more than I ever have before in my life.

The question of this thread definitely needs to be discussed. I am completely perplexed by the behavior of Casey's family. It's true that CA did not have to call the police at all. It's a fact that GA and CA picked up the car from the tow yard, and it reeked of death, but they actually went back to work that afternoon. Cindy's co-workers/boss had to urge her to go home early and it was suggested to her that she should call the police. Cindy wanted to find and talk to Casey first. In the meantime, GA and CA started tampering with evidence that would help LE find a missing little girl - and they did know Caylee had been gone for a month and they recognized what that smell usually meant.

Did they have any clue that Caylee was dead before they called police, other than the car reeking of death? Maybe they found something in their backyard, as well. I have always been puzzled why they did that landscaping project right around the time Caylee had disappeared from their life. Were they actually looking for clues in their own backyard?

Three 911 calls, and a lot of strange behavior since. Why try to cover it up, but be the ones to call police? It should be easy to figure out, but not when it's the Anthonys. I'm looking forward to what others have to say.

(Above BBM)

Just for the sake of clarity, not to dispute your well thought out response :) , they didn't know Caylee was missing when they got the car back and cleaned it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong this. Actually, I'm sure they didn't know when they got the car back or when GA was at the tow yard. I'm not as sure about the cleaning part.

Supposedly, according to GA, CA, and Lee, they didn't know Caylee was missing until right before the 3rd 911 call.

sleutherontheside, I do understand what you're talking about with Cindy's unfiltered rage when she realized most likely Casey had done something terrible to Caylee. We caught snippets of how Cindy could care less about Casey while in the throes of the grief that was dawning on her at first. Then, Cindy reverted to her "Cindy will handle it mode".

The thing is even when furious at Casey before the 911 calls she began covering up/washing things to make this problem go away. How could she lose touch so easily with her rage at Casey for harming her beautiful, innocent grand-daughter, and start covering it up? I, personally, can't get Caylee crying for justice out of my mind.

(Above BBM)

Just for the sake of clarity, not to dispute your well thought out response :) , they didn't know Caylee was missing when they got the car back and cleaned it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong this. Actually, I'm sure they didn't know when they got the car back or when GA was at the tow yard. I'm not as sure about the cleaning part.

Supposedly, according to GA, CA, and Lee, they didn't know Caylee was missing until right before the 3rd 911 call.

They did not "get the car back". It was not delivered. They had to go retrieve the car from a towyard and pay big bucks and smell a horrible smell. They had not seen their granddaughter for a long time and were used to seeing her every day of Caylee's life prior to June 16, 2008. THEY KNEW THEIR GRANDDAUGHTER WAS MISSING FROM THEIR LIVES.

Let's not soften the reality of the situation.

I'm in some kind of a no nonsense mood right now. I could just spit.

Decomp, pizza, decomp, pizza? Which is it? Geesh what a :croc:.

I'm sick of them and I'm sick of the case because of all the detours, wrongdoing and hogwash that is involved with it.
The A's are guilty of something; I feel it down to my inner core.

Help me! I'm melting!!!

I'm glad to see this question posed here as I made a response on another thread that "poofed" for some reason.

In a nutshell, the answer is "the Pontiac".

Noone called the police until they were faced with a car that had the "smell of a dead body". It's not like CA had had enough so reported her missing granddaughter to the police. She had to when she did. How would the A's know if somebody from the towyard would not call LE and say that a car that had the smell of decomp had just been taken off the lot.

CA is asked in her depo if she had told KC she was on her way over to TL's on July 15. She responded that she thinks she had. What we know is that she texted "Call home. Big problem." (not exact). That sounds like a comment from someone who is inside the situation versus a confused person. Otherwise imo the text should read "get you arse home NOW and explain why the car is impounded and why it stinks to high heaven". By the way, why would the A's even pay $500 to get the car out? They didn't know where KC was and they didn't need to drive it. When GA and CA smelled that car, they should have left it there, found their daughter and marched her back to face the Pontiac and explain in front of the police the situation of why it was there in the first place and what she had been doing since June 27 when she left it at Amscot. If they had done that, none of us would be sitting here questioning the extent of their involvement.

Lastly, CA said she just said stuff to get peoples' attention - ya, right!
This is the best illustration of "the boy who cried wolf" story that I've ever seen played out in real life.
If they get away with this, I will have to question our legal system more than I ever have before in my life.

Thanks for your response Woe.

So are you saying you think Cindy knew Caylee was dead and KC was responsible b/c KC had confided that information to her? But, that KC didn't tell her she'd abandoned the car or about the smell, and when Cindy found out the car had been in a public place (tow yard) smelling strongly of decomp and possibly drawing attention to that fact, that Cindy got mad then, and felt she had to call 911 in order to look as if they knew nothing about it? Because she was afraid someone from the tow yard would call the police if she didn't?

Your theory makes sense. I wouldn't put it past KC to put someone in that kind of position.

But why the 2 calls before actually declaring Caylee was "missing?" And could she have told Cindy what happened to Caylee without revealing where her body was located?

Poor little Caylee. Some of this is so awful to write.

They did not "get the car back". It was not delivered. They had to go retrieve the car from a towyard and pay big bucks and smell a horrible smell. They had not seen their granddaughter for a long time and were used to seeing her every day of Caylee's life prior to June 16, 2008. THEY KNEW THEIR GRANDDAUGHTER WAS MISSING FROM THEIR LIVES ANYWAY.

Let's not soften the reality of the situation. It's insulting.

I'm in no way trying to be insulting nor to soften the reality of what happened to Caylee. There is no way to soften the murder of an innocent baby.

I realize they had to go get the car and pay for it and what condition it was in.

I have been of the opinion that though Caylee was missing from their lives, that they believed it was because KC was "punishing" them by withholding Caylee, possibly because of the fight CA and KC had - or any number of reasons KC chose to be vindictive. I don't believe that Caylee missing from their lives was, in their view, permanent, or that it equaled Caylee being dead in their minds.

(Above BBM)

Officially they may not have known Caylee was "missing" yet, but they had not seen/nor talked her in an entire month. Cindy posted that myspace message that Caylee was missing on the 3rd of July. Who knows what other clues they had been overlooking that something was not right, like I said, maybe the backyard had clues before they called police or maybe GA did smell something when the gas cans came out of the trunk. But really, I do not know what could have been going through their minds. Their actions are mysterious to say the least, and at this point I must admit I would not put anything past them.

I think the Anthony’s were in a state of anxiety. If they did in fact have a knock down, called on the carpet, enough is enough “discussion" with Casey, they know exactly why she left with Caylee and avoided them for the 31 days.

The car being found escalated the situation. They were no longer thinking – Casey’s pissed and punishing Cindy – it’s now what the hell is going on and where are Casey and Caylee?

The heated discussion they had when Cindy finally located Casey, in front of Amy I believe, was all about Cindy demanding that Casey take her to Caylee Right Now! Cindy’s “we’ve got to find her” during that 911 call was true anguish to me. Something one would utter without thinking – because she truly meant it.

I think it was just after LE got involved, and through their investigations that the true facts about Casey's behavior and lies spoke for themselves. It was at that point the Anthony’s knew, and then altered their position to protect and exonerate Casey at all costs.

Thanks for your response Woe.

So are you saying you think Cindy knew Caylee was dead and KC was responsible b/c KC had confided that information to her? But, that KC didn't tell her she'd abandoned the car or about the smell, and when Cindy found out the car had been in a public place (tow yard) smelling strongly of decomp and possibly drawing attention to that fact, that Cindy got mad then, and felt she had to call 911 in order to look as if they knew nothing about it? Because she was afraid someone from the tow yard would call the police if she didn't?

Your theory makes sense. I wouldn't put it past KC to put someone in that kind of position.

But why the 2 calls before actually declaring Caylee was "missing?" And could she have told Cindy what happened to Caylee without revealing where her body was located?

Poor little Caylee. Some of this is so awful to write.

I have flip-flopped as to my beliefs regarding the extent of CA's involvement. Sometimes I think something could have happened to Caylee while CA was present. Sometimes I think CA is the author of "the script". Sometimes I think KC told CA the whole story (whatever that is) and she became the author of the script to coverup for KC and that KC messed up the script by abandoning the car at Amscot (there is a friend, Steph with hearts, that is tied to Amscot). Sometimes I think they are all covering up for GA. Sometimes ........ But I agree with AD, I don't think KC handled the whole situation, from beginning to end, alone. I just don't.

In other words, I think at one point or another, the entire family knew the truth of what happened and, for some reason, will not tell it to the world. I also lean towards the belief that a friend or two may be privy to the truth as well (I hope and pray they have told LE and that they already know the truth). Why keep delaying the trial then though? - that I don't know.

P.S. Regarding the two calls to 911 and finally during the third call saying her granddaughter is missing - just as CA said herself, she wanted them to come NOW, she was tired of waiting. It evolved like that as CA didn't have a solid plan after finding the car with the smell of decomp. CA was actually discombobulated. KC uttered one word "mom" in such a way to suggest "you know the answer to your own question Mom." Did anybody get that same impression? That happened several times during their exchanges.

I'm in no way trying to be insulting nor to soften the reality of what happened to Caylee. There is no way to soften the murder of an innocent baby.

I realize they had to go get the car and pay for it and what condition it was in.

I have been of the opinion that though Caylee was missing from their lives, that they believed it was because KC was "punishing" them by withholding Caylee, possibly because of the fight CA and KC had - or any number of reasons KC chose to be vindictive. I don't believe that Caylee missing from their lives was, in their view, permanent, or that it equaled Caylee being dead in their minds.

I'm sorry I came off so harsh - I was in a snit.

I think Cindy has been more genuine throughout this ordeal than the media have given her credit for. I do think her call to 911 was genuine. I think she was very alarmed, maybe not only by the smell but also just to find out that Casey had somehow been living with no car, then when she got face to face with Casey and Casey still wouldn't bring Caylee home, that was the limit for her, she realized, okay, no more of Casey's promises, Caylee needs to be brought home immediately, this is crazy.
Regardless what the car smelled like, etc, I think Cindy just kept telling herself, as most people would, there's going to be some logical explanation for all of this, this situation can't be as bad as it seems, some explanation is going to come out, Caylee will be home soon, this is going to all turn out to have been some big mix-up, etc. Later, I think the trash having been found in the trunk became her way of explaining the smell away in her own mind, and she revised her memories then, saying she hadn't been genuinely worried about a death smell when she called 911, she'd only been trying to get the police to come over quickly.
I think part of the reason she cleaned up items from the car might be because she has a deeply engrained habit of cleaning up after and nursing others, and literally cleaning up after Casey, picking up her things, washing her clothes, etc. I really do think her nursing background and compulsively clean personality just kicked in in response to the disorder of the car and the chaotic situation and her frustration and worry regarding not having Caylee home yet. I think she was trying to return the situation to normal. I think she thought when the police got there that they would make Casey take her to Caylee and that would be that. I don't think her mind would allow for the possibility that Caylee was hurt or dead at that point. But there could have been a primal fear in the back of her mind that Casey may have gotten involved in some kind of serious trouble, and a smell that made her think someone could be dead, something could be dreadfully wrong, which may also have been part of the impetus behind her compulsive picking up and cleaning and rationalizing things away (whether Casey is actually guilty or not.) I don't know if Cindy ever consciously believed that Caylee could be hurt or dead, much less that Casey could be a suspect.
I think there were moments when the fear came closer to the surface than others. If that makes any sense. :)
I think there might have been times when Cindy tries to paint things in the best light, because she's afraid there may be things that could make Casey LOOK guilty, but that she for the most part can't believe that Casey would ever harm Caylee, and I do think she has wanted to get to the bottom of things for Caylee's sake, more than people often give her credit for.
I do think she wants the truth. I think she wanted the boyfriends and new friends who had been around Caylee investigated, because Caylee disappeared after coming into contact with certain people, etc, I think most parents would have wanted all these people investigated too. I can't fault her for that. I didn't see as many actual accusations from her as from some others, so I don't fault her for that. I think she wanted Caylee found, and that she does want the truth.
As she said in that 48 hours program, although she can't believe that Casey would ever harm Caylee, if that's what the evidence proves in the end, that will be her answer.

I understand what you're saying seagull, but in such a tense/stressful situation..why would cindy start cleaning? I'd hope that would be the last thing on her mind.

She knew there was "big trouble" (according to text messages sent to casey).
I'd hope that running to find casey/caylee would have been of the upmost importance..not cleaning and going back to work.

It's simply not what most people would do faced in that same situation.
(I'm a huge neat freak by the way) If I found my sons car reeking of death (garbage bag or not) I know i wouldn't go back to work, and start taking everything out of his car and cleaning it. George knew something was seriously wrong, he removed the car battery in order to keep the car home.

I think Cindy has been more genuine throughout this ordeal than the media have given her credit for. I do think her call to 911 was genuine. I think she was very alarmed, maybe not only by the smell but also just to find out that Casey had somehow been living with no car, then when she got face to face with Casey and Casey still wouldn't bring Caylee home, that was the limit for her, she realized, okay, no more of Casey's promises, Caylee needs to be brought home immediately, this is crazy.
Regardless what the car smelled like, etc, I think Cindy just kept telling herself, as most people would, there's going to be some logical explanation for all of this, this situation can't be as bad as it seems, some explanation is going to come out, Caylee will be home soon, this is going to all turn out to have been some big mix-up, etc. Later, I think the trash having been found in the trunk became her way of explaining the smell away in her own mind, and she revised her memories then, saying she hadn't been genuinely worried about a death smell when she called 911, she'd only been trying to get the police to come over quickly.
I think part of the reason she cleaned up items from the car might be because she has a deeply engrained habit of cleaning up after and nursing others, and literally cleaning up after Casey, picking up her things, washing her clothes, etc. I really do think her nursing background and compulsively clean personality just kicked in in response to the disorder of the car and the chaotic situation and her frustration and worry regarding not having Caylee home yet. I think she was trying to return the situation to normal. I think she thought when the police got there that they would make Casey take her to Caylee and that would be that. I don't think her mind would allow for the possibility that Caylee was hurt or dead at that point. But there could have been a primal fear in the back of her mind that Casey may have gotten involved in some kind of serious trouble, and a smell that made her think someone could be dead, something could be dreadfully wrong, which may also have been part of the impetus behind her compulsive picking up and cleaning and rationalizing things away (whether Casey is actually guilty or not.) I don't know if Cindy ever consciously believed that Caylee could be hurt or dead, much less that Casey could be a suspect.
I think there were moments when the fear came closer to the surface than others. If that makes any sense. :)
I think there might have been times when Cindy tries to paint things in the best light, because she's afraid there may be things that could make Casey LOOK guilty, but that she for the most part can't believe that Casey would ever harm Caylee, and I do think she has wanted to get to the bottom of things for Caylee's sake, more than people often give her credit for.
I do think she wants the truth. I think she wanted the boyfriends and new friends who had been around Caylee investigated, because Caylee disappeared after coming into contact with certain people, and because of the history with JG for example, I think most parents would have wanted all these people investigated too, so I don't fault her for that. I think she wanted Caylee found, and that she does want the truth.
As she said in that 48 hours program, although she can't believe that Casey would ever harm Caylee, if that's what the evidence proves in the end, that will be her answer.

CA is definitely a glass half full person then. You are too!

Everything about the way CA and KC and GA and LA act leaves me feeling like the glass is half empty. I think they are an untruthful bunch to put it mildly.

By the way, I appreciate your thoughtful post and just because I'm leaning opposite, doesn't mean your more optimistic theory is not true.

I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member