Reynolds, Chad Eugene *RSO*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - I do feel like I am being interviewed here by one of the hordes of media in town.

All of the towns in Putnam County are small, Peyton Place -like communities, with overlapping asoociations between people. I am in the biggest town, Palatka. The Satsuma community is across the river and to the south. The Interlachen community is south and west of us. Both of those communities border on the Ocala National Forest, more on that later.

On Facebook, there is NO chatter about the case amongst the current and former residents of the area that I have seen. I have posted several things about Haleigh and only one person responded.

One of my relatives did e-mail the Amber Alert out to everybody. And Trish [who I sent my "Aunt Sunday" info to] participated in the ground search which she told me about, but otherwise it's as if we are all avoiding the subject.

Here's what I have heard via the grapevine -
Misty, the 17 yr old girlfriend, had been kicked out of the home by the father due to her drug use. She had only recently moved back in with him and the kids.

Most of us initially thought Misty and/or the dad were the culprits. At this point, I personally do not believe that she is smart enough to have killed the kid and gotten rid of the body without a trace.

There was talk about the possibility that Haleigh had been left unattended, or Misty was inattentive [passed out, partying, whatever], or that Misty and Haleigh were having a bit of a stand-off, Haleigh "ran away" and Misty was trying to wait her out.

I really thought that Haleigh would be found in the St. Johns River. It is a very large body of water [that flows north, btw] so it may still turn out to be so.

Few of us knew anything about Chad Reynolds, much less that he was a predator who had absconded. After reading about him in the Ocala Star-Banner and viewing his myspace page, I'm wondering if he and Haleigh might both be found in the Ocala National Forest which is huge. There are countless hunting camps in there, parts are restricted because it is used for military training [dropping bombs from aircraft - we used to sneak out there for keg parties and the fake bombings were scary but exciting.]

As such a rural area, kids around here are used to being highly mobile. I drove my kids out to the Cross Florida Barge Canal yesterday [another teen keg party hangout] and was surprised at just how far we would drive every Friday and Saturday night to party. And we thought nothing of driving 30-40 miles to the beach the next morning. Chad Reynolds is probably even more used to driving quite a ways to do stuff.

He may have nothing to do with it, but it is pretty difficult for someone raised in the digital era to just vanish - unless they are hiding out in the Ocala National Forest. Pure speculation, of course, but maybe he anticipated flunking his drug test the week after the Super Bowl.

We in Putnam County don't know what to think at this point. I am rapidly losing confidence in our newly elected sheriff - who I didn't vote for, btw.

I'm sure this is way more than anyone wanted to know, but there you have it.

thank you so much for your thoughts on this matter, and the local viewpoint. It is very much appreciated. :)

...oh so danyell was chad's brother's g/f and I do think she's the same person chad refered to as his r.i.p. sis on his myspace....wonder what happened to her...

the only info I could find about danyell r. was florahome florida.
Also where Sunday Cain is from.

Sunday Cain is 44 years old. possible relatives;
Dempsey C C.
Joyce C.
Jocelyn A C.
Joycelyn A C.

this info was retreived from intellis, find someone.

Haleigh's family life unstable from start
by Dana Treen [who has covered the Putnam County area for most of my adult life. Pretty good journalist, IMO.]

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back?page=1

I do NOT recommend the Palatka Daily News. None of the reporters have been here very long and they are not worth their salt regardless. [Again, imo.]

The account of how Ronald & Misty met is curious. Is the 3 yr old Haleigh's brother?

Saw on another site that Chad Reynolds' grandparents live on Lake Crescent - that is right there next to Haleigh's home. [See google map.]

OMGosh!! Thanks for the info. I had a feeling about his grandparents. Do you know the names of his grandparents?

Can someone provide a link to Chad stealing a car and gun? I think you have him confused with a cousin of Misti's. I am really confused now and thought I had been keeping up somewhat.

the only info I could find about danyell r. was florahome florida.
Also where Sunday Cain is from.

Sunday Cain is 44 years old. possible relatives;
Dempsey C C.
Joyce C.
Jocelyn A C.
Joycelyn A C.

this info was retreived from intellis, find someone.

That is weird... everybody I personally know named CAIN lives in San Mateo, just north of Satsuma. Def some overlapping relations.

A San Mateo Cain was murdered by another San Mateo resident, Knox, back in the early '80s, so maybe they moved. [Sorry, whole 'nother story.]

I sent photos from Chad's myspace page to Tricia [a la Tricia's Tidbits]. Did they ever get posted anywhere?

From the Palatka Daily News web archives -

Sex offender sentenced to 7 years

by
Published: Tuesday, July 6, 2004 10:31 AM EDT
Brad Buck

The Palatka Daily News

Tears streamed from the faces of both the victim's family and

those of the accused as a circuit judge sentenced a young man

Wednesday to seven years in prison followed by 10 years probation

for molesting an 11-year-old girl last fall.

The father of the victim said his daughter would be traumatized

for life by the actions of 20-year-old Chad Eugene Reynolds.

"She's been violated in the worst way," the father

said. "She's got to live with this for the rest of her life.

When she looks back on her childhood, she'll remember this. It's

one of the worst crimes you can commit."

The father also said that he has been abused as a child and that

he had consumed alcohol and drugs. "I've been down the same

road. But that does not justify what he did." He asked the

judge to sentence Reynolds to life in prison.

Assistant State Attorney Ralph Rowe asked Hedstrom to give Reynolds

nine and a half years in prison.

"This case has struck me like no other case in my 27 years

of practicing law," said Assistant Public Defender John

Stephenson. "Certainly, Mr. Reynolds doesn't think he has

a right to do this. He doesn't."

Hedstrom asked Reynolds if he had anything to say before sentencing.

Reynolds, who had been looking down at the floor during the hearing,

turned around to the family and apologized.

"If I could take it back, I would," he said.

Reynolds will also have to register as a sex offender under Hedstrom's

ruling.

The charges stem from an incident at 11 p.m. Sept. 3, 2002, in

which Putnam County sheriff's deputies say Reynolds crawled into

a bedroom of an Interlachen home armed with a knife and allegedly

committed a sex act on the girl, who was asleep, Lt. Gary Bowling

of the sheriff's office said. Another child was sleeping in the

room, sheriff's reports show.

When one of the children ran screaming into the parents' room,

Reynolds escaped briefly, then was caught later by deputies,

Bowling said.

Reynolds pleaded no contest in June to charges of lewd and lascivious

molestation, burglary of a dwelling while armed with a knife

and petty theft, court records show.

Hedstrom warned Reynolds that he could have given him life in

prison and that if he messes up during probation, he could very

well wind up in prison for life.

Palatka Daily News 5/30/2008

Danyell E. Reynolds

Danyell Evette Reynolds, 21, of Lady Lake, passed away Tuesday May 27, 2008, at the Orlando Regional Medical Center in Orlando from injuries sustained in an automotive accident in Lady Lake.

She had been a resident of Lady Lake for the past year, moving from Interlachen, where she had spent most of her life, having attended local schools, and was a 2005 graduate of Interlachen High School. She had attended the former Maranatha Assembly of God in Florahome. Danyell had been working at the Longhorn Steakhouse in the Lady Lake Villages. Her family and friends were a very special part of her life. She enjoyed fishing, horseback riding, Jet-skiing, going to Silver Glen Springs and praying with her family.

Surviving are her mother and stepfather, Debora and Steven Rowan of Oklawaha; father, Stephen Reynolds of Chapel Hill, N.C.; three brothers, Chad Reynolds of Oklawaha, Caden Reynolds and Taylor Reynolds, both of Hillsboro, N.C.; one sister and brother-in-law, Nikki Reynolds and Joey Harper of Keystone Heights; companion, Bill Cotter of Lady Lake; maternal grandparents, Anna Hayes of Interlachen and George and Marie Touchton of Crescent City; paternal grandparents, Reginald and Georgiane Reynolds of Apollo Beach; great-grandmother Anna Martin of Florahome and great-grandmother Hallie Gates of Sun City; a stepbrother, Steven Rowan of Grandin; two stepsisters, Kacy Thompson of Melrose and Amanda Rowan of Palatka; a nephew, Joseph Harper of Keystone Heights; two nieces, Jasmine Harper and Justice Harper, both of Keystone Heights; and several aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

Calling hours will be from 6-9 p.m. Friday (today) at Masters Funeral Home of Palatka. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 31, at the funeral home with Bro. Bobby Touchton officiating. Interment will follow in the Palatka Memorial Gardens.

Flowers are gratefully accepted or donations may be made, in memory of Danyell Reynolds, Putnam State Bank, 350 N. State Road 19, Palatka, FL 32177.

Masters Funeral Home of Palatka is in charge of arrangements.

Thanks for all the great information, LFlorida! Wow.

(Hookers in Satsuma? Who would have thought it?! LOL)

Reading the account of CR's attack on the 11yo is chilling. Not saying he had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but he wasn't afraid before with having people in the house or the same room and he committed the act right there. Since he would be facing much greater charges if caught again...I could see him taking the child intead. His MO sounds like he got as much thrill from the risk of being caught as the act. A fantasy he may choose to act on time and time again if it is one of his proclivities. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities in this case.

Reading the account of CR's attack on the 11yo is chilling. Not saying he had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but he wasn't afraid before with having people in the house or the same room and he committed the act right there. Since he would be facing much greater charges if caught again...I could see him taking the child intead. His MO sounds like he got as much thrill from the risk of being caught as the act. A fantasy he may choose to act on time and time again if it is one of his proclivities. It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities in this case.

If you look closely, I think Renee Reynolds' convictions must have been in Lee County. [I hate to say this, but there are too many women in Putnam giving it away for a prostitute to bother trying.]

I imagine CR re-lived this event in his mind many times while locked up.

Thank you for reading the info I put up here. [I was getting worried, lol.]

May all be nothing, but it can't hurt to look at it and at least consider it.

I know my tummy jumped too when I read it! One never knows, it could yet still be him! It sure is his "brand" of crime so to speak. I certainly am hoping and praying to God not for Haleigh's sake! These sick type of perps continually elevate in their crime and take it further each time. Frightening to say the least.

Hey all,

I am sure you all like th thrill of hunting down the information, butI would like to help and clear up some mis information and answer some questions for you. I am Chads step mother.
I want you to know that I completely understand all the feelings you have towards Chad. It is hard for me as well.

Any way.....ask away if you have any questions.

Hey all,

I am sure you all like th thrill of hunting down the information, butI would like to help and clear up some mis information and answer some questions for you. I am Chads step mother.
I want you to know that I completely understand all the feelings you have towards Chad. It is hard for me as well.

Welcome and Thank-You for being here! :)

I suppose the question on everyone's mind would be:

Do you think Chad could have anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance? If not, could you share your thoughts as to why not?

Hey all,

Thank you for joining our discussion. Someone will be contacting you, as we have to make sure that you are who you say you are.
So I am sure you are, but we need to confirm as that is our policy.
Hopefully you will be open to that so we can have some good discussion.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member