Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you didn't trust the reports?

LOL, what??? Wait, never mind. You're right, saying "some guy in a clown-suit says the sky is falling" and "the sky is falling" are exactly the same thing, so if you read in the paper "some guy in a clown-suit says the sky if falling" you're free to tell others "the sky is falling". I stand corrected.

This article from 2012 on Manorville murders;
The question now is whether the skeletal remains, found on Friday evening by a man walking his dog on a trail in Manorville, represent an isolated death or is the latest clue in a continuing serial-killer case that is confronting investigators in Suffolk County.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/nyregion/more-human-remains-are-found-on-long-island.html?_

The book:M. William Phelps: “Lost Girls” & Finding The Long Island Serial Killer
April 21, 2014 by Crime Feed Staff

I had been investigating cold case unidentified homicide victims on Long Island [in the Manorville area],” she explained. “There was a series of bodies that were found across the island and no one was asking questions. No one knew who they were. They didn’t have names. So there were no families involved. I had gone on the NAMUS database [website] to look into cases. I went into the missing person [link] and came across a name.”
http://crimefeed.com/2014/04/m-william-phelps-long-island-serial-killer/

Article NY Times 2011;

Soon after she went missing, most of her body was discovered by a woman walking her dog off Halsey Manor Road in Manorville, about 45 miles east of the Gilgo Beach area, where her other remains were found on March 29.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/n...dentify-a-fifth-li-victim.html?pagewanted=all

I definitely see a connection with JB Manorville-LISK-Gilgo

Article NY Times 2011;

Soon after she went missing, most of her body was discovered by a woman walking her dog off Halsey Manor Road in Manorville, about 45 miles east of the Gilgo Beach area, where her other remains were found on March 29.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/10/n...dentify-a-fifth-li-victim.html?pagewanted=all

I definitely see a connection with JB Manorville-LISK-Gilgo

Snipped by me

In the NY Times article linked above, this stands out to me:

While the bodies were all found along desolate stretches of the same road, Mr. Spota underscored that those using the area as a hiding place seemed to show varying degrees of concern that the bodies would be identified.

And this is also interesting to me:
“The killer or killers of Jane Doe 6 and Ms. Taylor went to extra lengths in an attempt to prevent the victims from being identified,” Mr. Spota said, alluding to the dismemberments and separate sites for the torso and other parts. “That is clearly not so with any of the other remains that we have found.”

Are they all prostitutes?

One allegedly is. Johnny T is also connected with prostitution.

It is interesting to me that Rita is not reported to have been engaging in the act of prostitution when JB picked her up. Colleen was last seen getting into a car at a diner. Sandra Costilla is reported to have not been a prostitute, but is reported to have engaged in a similar lifestyle. I have no idea what a "similar lifestyle" happens to be.

Edited to add: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2099731/Craigslist-serial-killer-victims-sister-advertises-HERSELF-bid-trap-murderer.html

Similar lifestyle probably means a drug problem or she may have been a prostitute but there are no arrests on her record to show it so they cant claim she was one.

Snipped by me

While the bodies were all found along desolate stretches of the same road, Mr. Spota underscored that those using the area as a hiding place seemed to show varying degrees of concern that the bodies would be identified.

“The killer or killers of Jane Doe 6 and Ms. Taylor went to extra lengths in an attempt to prevent the victims from being identified,” Mr. Spota said, alluding to the dismemberments and separate sites for the torso and other parts. “That is clearly not so with any of the other remains that we have found.”

The Long Island Ripper [Archive] (modsnip)
http://forum.casebook.org/archive/index.php/t-7094.html

Long Island Serial Killer? Yet Another Body Discovered In ...(wait for it)--Dead Body Found by Jogger in Manorville Park
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...lle-body-discovered-march-2012_n_1373150.html

That was my immediate first thought, too - haircut, mustache, the shirt, other "intangibles". That would be a Psych 101 diagnosis, though (rage over his self-imposed denial, yadda yadda).

av1usl.jpg
2m34llt.jpg
Did anyone else notice that his cuticles look like maybe he chews them? I noticed that and he keeps his nails VERY short...even in recent pictures.

Snipped by me

Much speculation was directed to the idea that the killer of these two women had some known affiliation with the women or was seen with them. If this was the case with them but not the other unmutilated women/men it would explain the change up.

Just speculating

I’m using the word “Spota” as a term to refer to the actual source of the below expression.

“both [victims] had the same article of clothing (i.e TROPHY) missing”

That is not (and logically can not be) an answer to a question from the media, that is a one way expression. A redundant detail voluntarily made public.

Why would Spota need to state something like that?

Logical answer is; whatever that TROPHY is, they found it in Biltroff’s possession and they will use it against him in the litigation.

But wait... he is charged with two counts of “second-degree murder”.

OK... We have TWO (not one) dead bodies, DNA (semen) and TROPHY (maybe TROPHIES??) kept.

That should go for a first degree. Because that represents a serial killer behavior and any prosecution can get the conviction. Now think about what that “TROPHY” may be. It may be an earring or piercing torn out of the skin perhaps? If that is the case, given the added “violence”, that is a first degree charge – no brainer.

But the charge is “SECOND DEGREE”.

To me that means; the TROPHIES are not recovered. (I genuinely hope I’m wrong)

I assume Biltroff’s defense will normally be around “consensual sex”. Although with two murder victims, a jury wouldn’t buy it as a reasonable doubt, but who knows..

Remember, I’m just speculating.

So, the question is; why is Spota squirting something so pointless like that?

Combine it with the below;

“There's no evidence or investigatory link between these murders, Spota told the AP”

How is Biltroff cleared? Is it DNA? Could it be possible that DNA was recovered from GB4?

To me the answer is NO... Remember, when the first victim (MB) was found, LE swarmed on Brewer, impounded his SUV etc, because they thought it was Shannan. And around that time Brewer portrayed himself as “just an unlucky guy to be in the wrong place at the wrong time” (I think he kinda is) and on the camera, on Kolker’s book he boasted how cooperative he was. So, I’m surmising, if he had ever given his DNA (that means if he was requested to) he would give the swab and rub it to our face.. “I even gave my phucking DNA sample”

We didn’t hear anything like that, I reckon he was never asked to give, because there was no DNA on GB4.

Remember, I’m just speculating.

So, the second question is; how is LE clearing Biltroff from GB4.

Spota talks cryptic again; no..... investigatory link (Whatever that means)

Without DNA a good way to clear Biltroff would be going through is movements and find at least a solid alibi for any of the GB4, (or ask Biltroff if he can provide any)

Did LE do any of that? I don’t know. But I understand from what Jenny9 writes, there is not much of a CSI buzz going on around Biltroff’s residence.

Since I’m speculating, a third alternative is, he is clear because Spota says so.

OK. Let’s think again. Say; I’m Biltroff, I’m the LISK (btw. I don't believe he is) and I’m sitting in the interview room - with my lawyer perhaps, pondering “should I confess or should I not”.... Suddenly the DA says. “It’s got not nothing to do with him.”

And I decide not to confess... Because I know for a fact that I don’t keep TROPHIES at home. There’s nothing they can tie me to GB4. I decide to take my chances with the trial.

Since I’m speculating....

What Spota is doing is; he is giving an escape path to Biltroff... Meaning “Hey, John, I don’t give a wooden nickel whether or not you are the LISK. Don’t do anything stupid... like confessing. I’m prosecuting you with two counts of second degree murders. Be a good boy, get your five to life and get out of my phucking hair.

Like I said in a very old post, I believe LE may not be happily looking forward to the LISK case be solved. Because LISK (I refer to GB4) is the big thing. Once it is solved, it will come to the small thing... Shannan Gilbert. What happened to her... and pressure will increase for the 911 audio to be released/leaked/made public at a court.. Then the people will see how incompetently her call was handled, how she was left for dead, how she was overlooked.

That would be the end of my speculation.

Which again makes me wonder about the Barthelemy I found listed for Revilo Ave. in Shirley. Revilo Ave is off of William Floyd Parkway, and not far from where the body of Colleen McNamee was found.

Coincidence? Maybe. But it sure makes that pile bigger, imo.

IIRC, in "Lost girls" Melissa is said to have lived with her Dad for awhile, right? I don't think it was mentioned where he lived - I'm gonna go back and see what the book says...Is that what you were getting at MK?

Here are the reasons I believe JB may be responsible for Manorville (and then via JT and MB..to GB4 and in turn to AC4)

Proximity to the crime scenes/he has lived in Mastic, Shirley & Manorville.

He worked as a construction sub-contractor in the area of Wading River RD.

His business address, in Manorville, is his home address.

He has the tools to cut someone up.

If he killed RT then there is a definite link to MB through Rita's daughter.

Melissa disappeared off the curb in the Bronx. Both of his parents are from the Bronx.

We know he has a previous DUI or DWI. So, he has been a drunk white guy. And he is from NY so to Amanda he may not have sounded like he had an accent different from her own. To a late teen, a 41 year old would sound like an older guy.

He has family in West Babylon, Central Islip and possibly Long Beach.

He has gone to great lengths to keep his name off the paperwork on "his business." And, there is VERY little in the way of any business reviews, memberships, certifications, etc You name it, there is little to nothing to be found on him. The business went under in 2006. WHY that year? (2006 was the year AC4 were murdered and one year before the GB4 started turning up missing.) Perhaps he is able to get referrals through his brother's painting company and other friends and family. Being a sub contractor with little to no internet publicity makes me wonder how he could afford so much land and such a nice home.

He comes from the same town as Kim Raffo. Just a mile and a half apart. (She spent three weeks on LI in the autumn of 2006 where it has been reported that she and her ex husband worked on a friend's construction job/jobs.)

His phone number and family members (through their facebook affiliations) are directly tied to religious outreach.

Well, that is all I can think of right now.

Just speculating

I’m using the word “Spota” as a term to refer to the actual source of the below expression.

“both [victims] had the same article of clothing (i.e TROPHY) missing”

Would you please post a link to that quote as I have only seen wardrobe used not clothing. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay