Romanian Church Wants Pregnant 11-year-old Rape Victim to Give Birth

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here are pictures of Florina Vranceanu: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...Romanian-girl-11-minute-abortion-Britain.html

I understand it isn't right her name and pictures are out there in a national newspaper, but there you have it. your choice to see her.

Mr Vranceanu said his daughter had been raped twice by a 19-year-old uncle in their village of Piatra Soimului, in eastern Romania.

He added: 'He told my daughter that we would beat her if we found out what had happened, and that we would abandon her, so she kept quiet.

'We only found out four weeks ago after she complained of stomach pains.

'Her mother took her to the hospital on June 2 - and we discovered she was pregnant. I wanted to kill him but he has gone on the run - no one knows where he is.'

If the reporting in this article is correct and her mother, Lacramioara, is 26, that would make her 15 when she had Florina. Lacramioara says,
'The last thing she needs is more talk. Thank God for the Romanian woman in Britain who has come to the rescue.'

Ciara, if you see the word 'quote' on the bottom right-hand corner of philamena's post, just click on that, and you will see that it automatically quotes her post. Then you can type in your thank-you. I'll go ahead and say 'Thanks philamena! Love ya!' You are a sweet person, Ciara, and your struggle is palpable. Here's how I think of it. A child who has been violently raped is infinitely more deserving of our love and comfort than the remnants of sperm that the rapist defiled her with. I believe we can best show our compassion by focusing our concern on the lives of the children who are already here and alive and deeply traumatized. The people who decide to care more about the life of a child rapist's sperm than the life of the eleven-year-old who has been so terribly violated are not sincerely honest with themselves. They are willing to throw away the child who is already here and suffering in order to force her to bear her rapist's spawn. The child rapist does not deserve to destroy the girl any more than he has already done. The child who has been raped deserves to heal without the extreme additional trauma of giving birth at age eleven to a child rapist's child. Caring about life means really caring about not just the unborn... but truly caring for them after they are born. The extremist right-to-lifers seem to forget about the child as soon as it is born. The best thing, in my opinion, in this case, is to allow the girl to begin the lifelong process of healing by cleansing her heart, soul, and body of what the rapist has done to her. Not that it will ever go away, but she can at least hope to grow up and forget he ever existed.

Are abortions not legal at all in Romania? I may be mistaken, but I was thinking that this is one of the countries that have the horrible orphanages where kids are got getting the right kind of attention or care.

Are abortions not legal at all in Romania? I may be mistaken, but I was thinking that this is one of the countries that have the horrible orphanages where kids are got getting the right kind of attention or care.

The article link, posted by Floh, says up to 14 weeks in Romania. And the 11 year old girl is 20 weeks. The article mentions she was having stomach pain and taken to a hospital on June 2nd. She was quiet because the uncle threatened her.

imo, she should be allowed to have the abortion.

About five months along. What a nightmare for the girl and her family. Pretty soon the baby will be able to live if it were born early. I think the baby is also a victim of the 19 year old whether it's aborted or not. IMO, I think since she's so far along there should be a C section in a couple of months and the baby adopted to a good family if possible. I wonder if the girl totally understands and wants an abortion. If not, she could get older one day and realize just how developed the baby was by the time an abortion was done and be emotionally traumatized even further.

In the bottom right of the text box of a post you will see the option to quote. click on it and the whole quote will come up as a part of your repy to the post. you can take out what you don't want to respond to and then you can write your reply underneath after the quote is finished (or above). :)

Thanks so much Floh!!!! I never even took notice of the quote button before lol

I agree with Txsvicki. An abortion may emotionally scar her more. The baby is already well developed and I don't think he/she should have to suffer because of the actions of its sperm donor.

Thanks to you too Truly aswell!
Not sure about it being "sperm" anymore in response to your post as the little girl is 20 weeks gone. Such a terrible situation all the way round. No matter what happens now the little girl is going to be traumatised either way and thats just sad.

5 months along...my Lord. I didn't realize that. I think at this point she should go as far as she can with it and then be delivered by c-section. I'm totally against partial-birth abortions and this is what this one would be in the end, the baby is almost viable.

The UNCLE's baby? I wonder if it will have genetic problems? This poor little girl. I am heartbroken for her, there is nothing at all positive about this situation.

at 11 years old? you would let her choose?

I whole heartedly believe in letting that girl choose. If it were me and my parents made the decision for me I would never forgive them for making me do something when I was already in a tough prediciment. No one can make me do anything and I despise people that try to dictate to me how my life is run. If my parents choose abortion I am mad at them my entire life for killing my baby and not letting me choose. Even if I would have choosen the abortion I would be mad at my parents for telling me I had to. It is my life and should be my choice. If my parents made me give birth and raise the child I'd be mad at them. If my parents made me give birth and they raise the child I'd be mad at them. If my parents made me give my baby up for adoption I'd be mad at them. If I were the girl I'd say it is my life and my choice. Who are the parents or anyone else to say that they get to determine what happens to my baby.

I'm pro life and I have to chuckle a bit at how passionate I feel about my comments because it sure sounds like the pro choice arguments I hear. What right does the government have to say what I do with my baby? Now I'm arguing that the parents should not be dictating to the child what choice she makes.

edited to add that my opinion at 5 months even in rape cases is not to abort, but to carry the baby and have a c-section if necessary.

Sure, fine...but being pregnant and giving birth is only a bad thing to a mind that makes it so. What about the child that believes that the unborn is worthy of life??

Then the rape itself by her uncle is only a bad thing to her mind using the same logic-one that I would like to point out is frequently used as justification for sexual relationships between minors and adults. Society does not accept it and that is where the shame stems from...the shame of this child's pregnancy and the trauma of it stems from her mind...got it. not.

As to the concern for life, her's counts as well and is not superceeded by the child's...I would thing that the chance of injury or death might be pretty good in a child this young.

It is illegal for her because she is 21 weeks, so she is late term. The link posted by Floh says the cut off is 14 weeks. I didn't realize she was so far along. I have a bit problem with it now that I know that. I know I couldn't wait to get to the 22 week mark because that was the viability date when I was pregnant.

Then the rape itself by her uncle is only a bad thing to her mind using the same logic-one that I would like to point out is frequently used as justification for sexual relationships between minors and adults. Society does not accept it and that is where the shame stems from...the shame of this child's pregnancy and the trauma of it stems from her mind...got it. not.

As to the concern for life, her's counts as well and is not superceeded by the child's...I would thing that the chance of injury or death might be pretty good in a child this young.

No the rape and incest are disgusting by all standards. That being the case, abortion is a choice. But the life of the unborn is as innocent as the girls. For the church to try to sway her to keep the life is reasonable but not binding. For the church to ask the gov't to get involved is wrong and the gov't did the right thing.

To claim that somehow giving birth is equal to being raped I think is a fear tactic and dishonest. They are two different things.

I also think that for a parent to demand she aborts (which is moot in this case) is equally wrong- and would be wrong to demand she carries the child.

At 11, I was the same size as I am now. I don't know how developed this girl's body is, but we shouldn't automatically assume that pregnancy would be life-threatening for her.

Me too. But I would tell my daughter that continuing to carry the child threatened her life - to me, that does not mean just physically, but emotionally, spiritually, mentally, psychologically. I would be telling her the truth by saying it threatened her life.

As Details posted earlier, I would let an older daughter make her own decision - but with an 11 year old, the burden rests appropriately with the parents.

It is illegal for her because she is 21 weeks, so she is late term. The link posted by Floh says the cut off is 14 weeks. I didn't realize she was so far along. I have a bit problem with it now that I know that. I know I couldn't wait to get to the 22 week mark because that was the viability date when I was pregnant.

That is the issue that I have with the decision; the fact that she is so far along. At this point, she has probably already felt the baby kick and knows that there's a life inside of her. At this point, she has experienced a good portion of pregnancy. So, to abort on the premise that she shouldn't have to experience pregnancy at her age is pretty much negated.

And at this point, I agree that she could be put to sleep and have a c-section to deliver with never having the meet the child. I don't see that being any more or less traumatic than an abortion.

I am completely pro-choice. It's just that at this late date, I don't see how some of the arguments hold up.

That is the issue that I have with the decision; the fact that she is so far along. At this point, she has probably already felt the baby kick and knows that there's a life inside of her. At this point, she has experienced a good portion of pregnancy. So, to abort on the premise that she shouldn't have to experience pregnancy at her age is pretty much negated.

And at this point, I agree that she could be put to sleep and have a c-section to deliver with never having the meet the child. I don't see that being any more or less traumatic than an abortion.

I am completely pro-choice. It's just that at this late date, I don't see how some of the arguments hold up.

hmm-she was taken to medical personnel because she was experiencing belly pain. They discovered how far along she was-unless someone educates her on the concept of the baby kicking and turning, how would she know? To be honest, although the story is probably accurate, I suspect the procedure was already performed by now and she is back home or relocated for her protection....and that this was all late breaking news.

Just my 2 cents worth - a good friend of mine is a midwife. She says that young girls, by and large, have mercifully easy deliveries. I am sure there are exceptions, but in general, in her experience, their labor and delivery is relatively easy, and she should know.

My point is that, this fear of danger for her to deliver is not really valid, and there is no obvious reason for her to deliver by C-section, if he were to give birth to the child.

I am personally pro-life, and would never advise in favor of an abortion.

imho

Just my 2 cents worth - a good friend of mine is a midwife. She says that young girls, by and large, have mercifully easy deliveries. I am sure there are exceptions, but in general, in her experience, their labor and delivery is relatively easy, and she should know.

My point is that, this fear of danger for her to deliver is not really valid, and there is no obvious reason for her to deliver by C-section, if he were to give birth to the child.

I am personally pro-life, and would never advise in favor of an abortion.

imho
I am too...but in this situation, I say abort. :(
New addition...I changed my mind. I didn't realize that it would be a partial birth abortion at this point. I am not if favor of those unless the mother is dying. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back