Ron. C. #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you understand abduction to mean if you don't mind my asking?

Law Enforcement has never characterized her disappearance as anything other than abduction, to me that means someone took Haleigh. The statement that plays over and over in my mind is "whoever has the child is not supposed to have the child." That did come from Law Enforcement.

Hey elle! I was thinking like this...If LE said "someone came in and stole his child" then maybe they were not suspect of Ron and Misty right away and that would make me go hmmm.. OTOH, if LE just said "non stranger abduction", for me..that would just be much more of a broad term, like an umbrella term (if that makes any sense :crazy:) which could mean something to the effect of...HaLeigh is gone, not in the house AKA abducted, but we (LE) do not believe it to be a stranger (as in random, IMO) abduction. Also, I would think that they would say abduction because according to the last witness (Misty) that is what happened. Even if they thought like I do (that R & M are responsible) without proof, they would still use the word abduction....and they obviously don't have proof...yet...or they would have already been arrested...IDK, lol...maybe I'm just rambling, but suffice it to say that while it may not amount to a hill of beans, it would make a difference to me (and prolly only me :crazy:) how that was worded..

Did they cajun? I ask this in all seriousness because I don't remember the exact wording and honestly wouldn't know where to start to find just that little tidbit, so I'm not asking for a link, I believe you. I'm just asking if you are paraphrasing or if that's the wording they used

Did LE actually say "someone came in and stole his child"? I remember the "non stranger abduction" part, but I don't remember them saying that "someone came in and stole his child" TIA!

"This child didn't voluntarily walk out of her home. If she did, someone took her," Bowling said earlier.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

"There's no longer any reason to believe that the child simply wandered outside," said Putnam County Sheriff's Office Maj. Gary Bowling.

The police must "assume abduction," he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/11/missing.florida.girl/

SATSUMA, Florida (CNN) -- A missing 5-year-old Florida girl was most likely abducted from her home in rural Florida, police said Wednesday.
Haleigh Cummings, 5, went missing Monday night from her home near Orlando, police said.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, went missing Monday night from her home near Orlando, police said.

Haleigh Cummings has been missing since 3 a.m. Tuesday, when her father's girlfriend called 911 to say the child had vanished from her Putnam County home.

"There's no longer any reason to believe that the child simply wandered outside," said Putnam County Sheriff's Office Maj. Gary Bowling.

The police must "assume abduction," he said.

(IMO, when LE says that a child did not wander out of her bed on her own & they are assuming ABDUCTION, to me, that says someone stole her).

BBM...Carrying away of a person against his/her will, or illegally.

I've never heard LE mention that they thought someone had the child...IIRC.. They stated they didn't know what crime had been committed....or where it was committed...

LOL! Why does it take me so long to get around to saying what you said and said so well, I might add!

(IMO, when LE says that a child did not wander out of her bed on her own & they are assuming ABDUCTION, to me, that says someone stole her).

Well see that's where you and I will just have to disagree :) Cause I don't think that she wandered out of her bed either, nor do I think that she left voluntarily, but I sure DO NOT think that means somebody "stole her". Actually, after reading those statements from LE that you posted (TY!) again, I am more convinced than ever that that was worded ever so carefully and I'm even more convinced that LE suspected Ron and Misty from the very get-go. I do believe time is running out and that's a wonderful thing! Maybe we will have some answers soon....

Thanks A! Those statements tell me that they have no evidence of a crime occuring inside the mobile home. If there had been they would never have mentioned her "wandering off" or being abducted. It would have been a murder investigation from day 1. Moo.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html

snip~"Whoever has the child is not supposed to have the child at this point," Putnam County Detective John Merchant said during an afternoon news conference.~ end

The statement is from Law Enforcement and of course it is many months old. Google returns 516,000 hits that use the word abduction when I type in Haleigh Cummings disappearance. At the end of August we were given a very detailed update from Law Enforcement that told us that they no longer believed Haleigh was abducted by a stranger. I do recall the statement that you posted coming from Dick Shauland, he says it in this video when he answered questions from the press about why LE were taking so long to release the trailer.

Video here : http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/846128/week_two_in_the_search_for_haleigh

Do you think Law Enforcement has been misleading the public by letting them assume Haleigh was abducted?

If LE thought Misty had did anything they would not be trying to put pressure on her to talk. In the eyes of a killer all the pressure in the world like they are using would not get them to confess and get punished worse then the pressure they are putting on her. LE knows pressure against the killer would do no good. I think you have to look at who they are not putting the pressure on, Ron.

LE has a room full of evidence according to TM. They have not given us, the public that evidence until charges are filed. A crime was commited, and justice will be had.

If LE thought Misty had did anything they would not be trying to put pressure on her to talk. In the eyes of a killer all the pressure in the world like they are using would not get them to confess and get punished worse then the pressure they are putting on her. LE knows pressure against the killer would do no good. I think you have to look at who they are not putting the pressure on, Ron.
no offense, but LE puts pressure on killers and get confessions from them very often. There are specific classes for detectives in proven methods of obtaining confessions. imo, If LE had one shred of evidence that RC killed Haleigh, this case would be handled alot differently.

Hey elle! I was thinking like this...If LE said "someone came in and stole his child" then maybe they were not suspect of Ron and Misty right away and that would make me go hmmm.. OTOH, if LE just said "non stranger abduction", for me..that would just be much more of a broad term, like an umbrella term (if that makes any sense :crazy:) which could mean something to the effect of...HaLeigh is gone, not in the house AKA abducted, but we (LE) do not believe it to be a stranger (as in random, IMO) abduction. Also, I would think that they would say abduction because according to the last witness (Misty) that is what happened. Even if they thought like I do (that R & M are responsible) without proof, they would still use the word abduction....and they obviously don't have proof...yet...or they would have already been arrested...IDK, lol...maybe I'm just rambling, but suffice it to say that while it may not amount to a hill of beans, it would make a difference to me (and prolly only me :crazy:) how that was worded..

Happy Thanksgiving Pondering. Rambling is good, gets people thinking right?

BBM, it makes a difference to me as well. I honestly don't remember LE using the word stole, I think RC said stole. I might be mistaken though..lol anyway, I have never heard LE use any term other than stranger or non stranger abduction. I just have thought all along that LE were investigating Haleigh's disappearance as an abduction. JMO

There is no doubt in my mind LE is focusing on Ron and Misty now after all the strange and guilty like behavior. They know what happened and they will prove it.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18680086/detail.html

snip~"Whoever has the child is not supposed to have the child at this point," Putnam County Detective John Merchant said during an afternoon news conference.~ end

The statement is from Law Enforcement and of course it is many months old. Google returns 516,000 hits that use the word abduction when I type in Haleigh Cummings disappearance. At the end of August we were given a very detailed update from Law Enforcement that told us that they no longer believed Haleigh was abducted by a stranger. I do recall the statement that you posted coming from Dick Shauland, he says it in this video when he answered questions from the press about why LE were taking so long to release the trailer.

Video here : http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/play/846128/week_two_in_the_search_for_haleigh

Do you think Law Enforcement has been misleading the public by letting them assume Haleigh was abducted?

Hi Elle,

Happy Thanksgiving,

I thought maybe when LE said that (bolded by me statement) they may have just meant no abduction..... Like not coming out and saying they thought it could be an accident by Misty or someone and there was NO STRANGER ABDUCTION period, but not coming out and saying that. KWIM? You can interpret it both ways. Just something I thought of because they can't say what the crime is or isn't at this point, only what they think could have happened. So I always wondered it that was all they could say for the time being....

Interesting to have confirmation that the Cummings family is communicating with/through bloggers...not the LEAST bit surprised though...but I truly respect and appreciate the honesty in admitting this--as while not unexpected--it does clear some things up for me...

Hi Elle,

Happy Thanksgiving,

I thought maybe when LE said that (bolded by me statement) they may have just meant no abduction..... Like not coming out and saying they thought it could be an accident by Misty or someone and there was NO STRANGER ABDUCTION period, but not coming out and saying that. KWIM? You can interpret it both ways. Just something I thought of because they can't say what the crime is or isn't at this point, only what they think could have happened. So I always wondered it that was all they could say for the time being....

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

Bern , I can understand your thought process, as far as mine goes, I just have always thought abduction. I feel like since the beginning Law Enforcement has treated Haleigh's disappearance as an abduction. They are the ones who made me feel that way though. It seems to me that they said abduction, then narrowed it down to a non stranger abduction from there. I know we all have different opinions and theories but I at least thought most believed she was abducted. I guess that is what I get for assuming huh? lol. I am going to have to go back and read things from your point of view, and that's all I can do. : )

See, that bothers me alot too gypsy. If Ron was really trying to find out what Misty knew, what better opportunity than when she is being interviewed on TV? He couldn't be in the interview room when she was being interviewed by LE, so IMO this would have been the next best thing I would think. To have just let her talk, stumble and fall....instead, he kept interrupting and answering for her. What purpose did that serve? and why would he (or anyone) do that if he was trying to gain info? IMHO, he wouldn't...and wasn't.

ITA...in the Today Show interview with Meredith Vierra--Misty looked lost on a question and seemed, to me, to be looking to Ron for guidance on how to answer...very strange...MOO etc...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!

Bern , I can understand your thought process, as far as mine goes, I just have always thought abduction. I feel like since the beginning Law Enforcement has treated Haleigh's disappearance as an abduction. They are the ones who made me feel that way though. It seems to me that they said abduction, then narrowed it down to a non stranger abduction from there. I know we all have different opinions and theories but I at least thought most believed she was abducted. I guess that is what I get for assuming huh? lol. I am going to have to go back and read things from your point of view, and that's all I can do. : )

I guess they could have just said it wasn't an abduction but wouldn't that just blow everyone away.... No, you don't have to re read all my stuff, Lord knows I don't want to read it, LOL.. I just thought it could be semantics. But no matter what she was taken from the MH that night, so I guess that stands as abduction. I just read too much into stuff. I guess us stragglers are OC about Haleigh. I mean it's Thanksgiving and I am posting here.

I guess they could have just said it wasn't an abduction but wouldn't that just blow everyone away.... No, you don't have to re read all my stuff, Lord knows I don't want to read it, LOL.. I just thought it could be semantics. But no matter what she was taken from the MH that night, so I guess that stands as abduction. I just read too much into stuff. I guess us stragglers are OC about Haleigh. I mean it's Thanksgiving and I am posting here.

Stop questioning yourself. I don't think you are reading too much into stuff Bern, you just have your own opinions. I didn't mean I had to go back and read all your stuff, what I meant was that I was going to go back and read statements and listen to pressers without assuming LE meant abduction, KWIM.

We are stragglers aren't we? I can't help it and I don't know why. If I don't sign on everyday I sometimes feel neglectful...lol. You believe that one?? God Bless Haleigh.

Ok, this is a topic about his daughter. Everyone is getting mad on other threads, when Ron is being discussed. Now that he has his own thread you are not happy? He is a part of this case and deserves to have a current thread.

ITA, why shouldn't Ron be questioned and anything about him sleuthed? Isn't this why this web site exists? He is Haleigh's father and one of the last people to see her. Until this case is solved and Haleigh found and the perp who took her is caught and tried, everyone, and I mean everyone is open for discussion and if need be, disection to get to the truth. Ron Cummings is not exempt from being sleuthed.

Interesting to have confirmation that the Cummings family is communicating with/through bloggers...not the LEAST bit surprised though...but I truly respect and appreciate the honesty in admitting this--as while not unexpected--it does clear some things up for me...

Helplessly, do you mean that the Cummings have bloggers on boards like this to represent their side of this whole thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member