Ron. C. #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seeing the question about RC taking the children fishing over the weekend before Haleigh went missing, and also about the boat. I remember asking this question as well, I seem to remember being told that RC borrowed a boat from a friend to take the kids fishing and Law Enforcement did take in the boat and return it after they went over it for forensic evidence. Gosh, what thread was that in.....I will see if I can find it.

No, but I have the description of the boat if you want it. However I am out of town and it is on my home computer.

Can't access any files for the weekend ....sorry. If he borrowed or used his Granny's (I am sure it is basically his) then these vague terms from him and his mother are getting old.....real old.

Why did LE take the boat for forensics? I never heard that before.....interesing. Did they also take the red nissan truck?

Doesn't the river go all the way to Welatka? If he wanted, he could drive the boat from Welatka straight to buchanan, docking within a block or so from the MH.

Can't access any files for the weekend ....sorry. If he borrowed or used his Granny's (I am sure it is basically his) then these vague terms from him and his mother are getting old.....real old.

What vague terms?

The boat was examined by law Enforcement early on either way, I couldn't remember if it was ever established who the boat that LE took belonged to, I know there was talk of a person named Orlando having a boat as well, but I didn't read that anywhere on the earlier thread so, I am not sure. I bumped the thread in case anyone that hadn't read it but wanted to could go ahead and find it easier.

Does anyone know where Marty and Connie lived? I thought I read they lived near the old shed or the outbuilding? Does anyone remember?

wow....just looked at the clock, going to go make some dinner for my lovlies, will check in after a bit to see if anyone knows where they lived .....thank you

I don't think that was ever established for sure.

Then perhaps this could be cleared up, because that's exactly what this poster (in the link you provided) says it is....Ron's.

"Ronald had the kids all weekend and he was off work. LE took his john boat early on. I think it could indicate maybe he had taken the kids out to fish possibly?"

So true about the point of custody being that kids are taken care of. Unfortunately, in the real world, it very often just doesn't happen. We took my stepchildren to the doctor and dentist MANY times and bought their clothes and saw to their needs when their "custodial" parent chose to use child support for trips to Hawaii and Mexico and bought new trucks, jet skis, horses, a business, and a farm for her 23 year old boy toy. During one visit, my sweet lil step daughter was down to one pair of shoes and they had a hole in them. Really.

Are you saying that we should have shrugged and NOT
seen that they were properly cared for? That we could have just let them slip through the cracks and said "WE can't be held responsible" because it was HER responsibility, "legally"?

Not at all. Even if the custodial parent puts all the child support up her nose in the form of cocaine, the other parent has to do the best he or she can to provide what is needed. But the best recourse, in those situations, is for the other parent to seek physical custody. In Crystal's case, how is Ron supposed to know ahead of time if Crystal was going to miss a doctor's appointment? If she doesn't do the right thing, she loses custody. And then it's on the other parent to get the kids to the doctor. I was not saying that Ron, as a parent, wasn't responsible for seeing that the kids have what they need; I was saying he isn't responsible for Crystal's actions--just as you couldn't know that your stepdaughter needed shoes until you found out she was down to one "hole-y" pair. You aren't a mind reader; as a stepparent, you noticed what was NOT being provided and stepped up. I am saying that
Ron took responsibility for getting kids to the doctor by seeking and getting custody, based on his statements at the hearing.

I am glad you added based on his statements at the hearing which were done to cast him in the best light possible. Remember RC did NOT take jr to the Dr as ordered in September. At the end of December, he made an appt the same day as the hearing.

He stood in that courtroom and blamed Crystal for not taking jr THAT day. She said she didn't want to miss the hearing. RC had over three months to schedule and he waited tilll that day and blamed Crystal for it not being done.

I don't think that some care to see the truth of what is going on here. CS is weak in voice and assertion. RC is a seasoned petitioneer in the courtroom. He took full advantage of it too. He blamed her AGAIN for not taking them. They were living together when the dr appts (12) were made, just in case you were not aware of that fact. Do we have any proof that indeed 12 appts were made or missed?

Debs, LE were very interested in ALL the people that had contact with Haleigh the weekend immediately prior to the crime. LE wanted to poly anyone who was with her that weekend. I cannot figure out why.

It is very likely that rc stayed with granny that weekend. He used her boat (technically his, just as the nissan crew pick up is his) and went out on the water.....hmmm. Now I have to see how far Granny lives from the water. I bet he would use the pickup to haul the boat....what do you think? But he wouldn't need the pickup in Satsuma as he could walk very easily a few hundred feet to the house.

Does anyone know where Marty and Connie lived? I thought I read they lived near the old shed or the outbuilding? Does anyone remember?

wow....just looked at the clock, going to go make some dinner for my lovlies, will check in after a bit to see if anyone knows where they lived .....thank you

They lived in Georgetown.

The reasoning is a little strange as far as LE goes. If people didn't convince me that Haleigh was in school, I would think they were looking at her disappearing before Tuesday.

:eek:fftopic: I have to giggle each time I think of rc saying he passed the poly..."I passed with Flying Colors". It gives you a little peep into his personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13