Ron C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the make and model of the burgundy sedan Ron was driving the night Haleigh went missing ?

becasue it was clearly illegal as RC's parental status HAD NOT been legally determined at the time he refused to bring the children back. If he truly suspected ongoing cocaine use or whatever his tale was he should have reported it to child protective services for investigation and removal. He had no right to take the children himself as he had no legal right to anything at all to do with them. He also never presented a scinitlla of evidence that CS was currently doing cocaine-he just said it-and then said he had no problem with her taking the kids. Common sense says what he was so "concerned" about was likely a lie or highly embellished or something or he wouldn't have wanted them with her unsupervised.

CS was also the most unhelpful litigant I have ever read about in a transcript. She was like soem textbook case you could use in a lawschool class. She had not a single clue about how to present evidence or even seemingly what evidence was. I really don't think someone should have their children taken away based upon the type of case presented here. I also agree he was coached in what to do, take them with her consent, then refuse to return them, file for paternity and custody, move in with mom who will take care of them, get a job etc and he waited until he did those things and then filed on his schedule while he kept the children from their mother.

Whatever, lots of people here seem to love this guy. I find everyone invovled inadequate in terms of parenting skills and RC no less than the rest.
Was his name on the birth certificates?

Crystal called LE to get the kids back, LE would not do it because Ron had as much legal right. They told her she had to go to court and file a motion to get her children.

Crystal did have representation in January 2006,

Based on the motion Crystals attorney filed on her behalf

2006-01-03 029.REPORT/RECOMMENDATION OF GEN.MAG. ON FJ OF PATERNITY
2006-01-06 030. MOTION FOR REHEARING AND OBJECTION TO FINDINGS
2006-01-06 OF MAGISTRATE

There were several hearings and motions from that point on.

Based on the motion Crystals attorney filed on her behalf

My son has a very similar situation with his on/off girlfriend with my grandson, we are in Florida, the baby has my son's last name and he did sign the birth certificate, however in Florda that does not establish paternity, in order for my son to have ANY rights to his son he has to establish paternity, at this point she can keep him away from my son as she see's fit, if he were to take him right now and not give him back he would be charged with kidnapping, this comes straight from my sons lawyer and my husband is LEO here and he spoken to a few judges about this, my question is had Ron established paternity when he took the kids from Crystal and refused to give them back?

Thank you for your post - I've been trying and trying to explain why what Ron did was kidnapping!!! I've gotten much grief over this fact. This is why I believe TN hired an attorney who advised Ron to take the kids out of state and out of the country for such a length of time then to take the kids to his home (to file in his jurisdiction) and not return them to CS. He had no legal right to take those kids and keep them from Crystal and I'm still SHOCKED he got custody instead of thrown in jail. Makes you go HMMMMM????

Florida custody laws:

IFA CHILD IS BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK AND THE PARTIES NEVER MARRY
EACH OTHER, WHO HAS LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE CHILD?
Section 744.301(1), Florida Statutes, states: "The mother of a child born out of wedlock
is the natural guardian of the child and is entitled to primary residential care and custody
of the child unless a court of competent jurisdiction enters an order stating otherwise."
Once the Court enters an order regarding custody, then the Court Order will have to be
followed.
HOW DOES A PERSON ESTABLISH LEGAL CUSTODY OF A CHILD BORN OUT
OF WEDLOCK?
A male is not legally established as the father of a child just because his name is on the
child’s birth certificate. (In the case of a death of a person who is listed as the child’s
father on the child’s birth certificate, it may be enough proof to receive benefits such as
survivor benefits from agencies such as the Social Security Administration.)

http://dept.sfcollege.edu/sla/legal/archives/CUSTODY%20VISITATION.pdf

Bolded by me

Don't know all the answers, but here are a few.

A local funeral home is managing a donation fund on Ron's behalf. I think it is called the Cummings Family Relief Fund.

I believe Chad has a job and that is one reason he has stayed in Baker County while Crystal is in Satsuma.

I don't know if Marie still has her job. Is she still in Satsuma on a daily basis ?
Crystal and Chad do have a MH in Baker County and I think it is on Marie's property. But Crystal was looking for a place to stay in Satsuma so she would be near what was going on with the search. I think it's about an hour and a half drive between Crystal's home and Ron's former home. Her father apparently lives closer, but ...Crystal had her father's ex-wife (Crystal's mother) when she was looking for a place and her father has remarried .....

Hope this helps and ITA - with the bolded part of your statement. The last time custody was awarded, both Crystal and Ron were living with their parents. At 24 and 25, it's time to let go of the apron strings IMO.

Yes, Marie still has her job. She is on leave. She goes to the "Haleigh Bug center" as often as she can.

What are the laws concerning common law marriage in the state of FL? Would this somehow come into play with these two?

What are the laws concerning common law marriage in the state of FL? Would this somehow come into play with these two?

A "common law marriage" is one in which the parties may hold themselves out as a husband and wife, and under certain circumstances, be deemed married without a marriage license or ceremony. Florida doesn't have a common law marriage, however Florida does recognize common law marriages that occurred in other states.

cummingspoll.jpg

http://www.eyesforlies.blogspot.com/

yes, primarily because DCS had required them to move into a three bedroom so that this co-sleeping situation wouldn't continue. I'm sure he agreed to not do the co-sleeping thing anymore at the time DCS was investigating and more than likely they have a signed report about that.

And IIRC at the time dad was awarded custody, wasn't this decision based in part on the premise that dad indicated his mother TN would also be in the home to help supervise the children? So much for that... JMO

:parrot:

And IIRC at the time dad was awarded custody, wasn't this decision based in part on the premise that dad indicated his mother TN would also be in the home to help supervise the children? So much for that... JMO

:parrot:

Also in 2006, Ron declared himself indigent.

Was he a current or former deputy sheriff ? If former, how long ago was it ? What county was it ? How "related" is that sheriff's department to the ones in Putnam and Alucha (sp?) counties ? IMO, that's what you need to know.

J.M.S. was a Corrections Officer, then Sheriffs Deputy in Putnam County he is no longer employed by PCSO or DOC. That was many years ago and I do not remember the exact dates

J.M.S was a Corrections Officer, then Sheriffs Deputy in Putnam County he is no longer employed by PCSO or DOC. That was many years ago and I do not remember the exact dates

Is Marty his nickname that is used for him often?

1. lacking food, clothing, and other necessities of life because of poverty; needy; poor; impoverished.
2. Archaic.
a. deficient in what is requisite.
b. destitute (usually fol. by of

Florida custody laws:

IFA CHILD IS BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK AND THE PARTIES NEVER MARRY
EACH OTHER, WHO HAS LEGAL CUSTODY OF THE CHILD?
Section 744.301(1), Florida Statutes, states: "The mother of a child born out of wedlock
is the natural guardian of the child and is entitled to primary residential care and custody
of the child unless a court of competent jurisdiction enters an order stating otherwise."
Once the Court enters an order regarding custody, then the Court Order will have to be
followed.
HOW DOES A PERSON ESTABLISH LEGAL CUSTODY OF A CHILD BORN OUT
OF WEDLOCK?
A male is not legally established as the father of a child just because his name is on the
child’s birth certificate. (In the case of a death of a person who is listed as the child’s
father on the child’s birth certificate, it may be enough proof to receive benefits such as
survivor benefits from agencies such as the Social Security Administration.)

http://dept.sfcollege.edu/sla/legal/archives/CUSTODY%20VISITATION.pdf

This is correct.
I am a resident of Florida and have been since 1974.
When I gave birth to my daughter, my husband (her father) and I were not married at the time (we were married later when she was several months old).
According to Florida law, even though he was on the birth certificate as her father, he had no custodial rights, nor even any right to see her at the hospital or anywhere else for that matter, unless I gave permission for him to do so.

Would you not believe he was paying rent,elect,water,food auto expences and caring for and providing for Haleigh and Jr. I would imagine that would streach a single parents income to not include legal fees. I may be wrong please correct me if so.

" I phoned a friend".. and he told me a reason to declare yourself indigent is for free legal representation? I that what RC did it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman