Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting minute 4:18 into the video you can heard doorbell chime like sound in the background, did anyone else notice this? Would this be the clock doorbell sound that was mentioned earlier in another thread?

There's a 3 day waiting period after obtaining the marriage license before a ceremony can be performed. After that you have up to 60 days before the license expires.

I know, I got married in Florida, but I thought I read that their license was expiring on March 12th. My bad, if I'm wrong.

Respectfully snipped and bold by me

I have been wondering why the sudden wedding. After finding out they were to be on the Today Show the following day, I asked myself the following question.

If Ron and Misty weren't married, and NBC pays for Ron and Misty's transportation/hotel room(s), would they (NBC) be violating the Mann Act? NBC's lawyers may have thought of the possibility. The Mann Act reads as follows:

"Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both."

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act"

Would someone get married just to get a free trip to New York or did NBC pay them for their interview? Maybe, I just talk to myself too much!

Legal eagles--any thoughts?

All of above JMO.

Yah know....THAT is really interesting! Hmmmm...

Starting minute 4:18 into the video you can heard doorbell chime like sound in the background, did anyone else notice this? Would this be the clock doorbell sound that was mentioned earlier in another thread?
That chime in the background was picked up by the the person (PattyG/MOD) who recorded it, nothing else.

Ron is much more savvy, when it comes to being 'sly' and 'lying' I think .... and is maybe more use to it, so he's 'smoother' at all of this.

Misty is young, but I think there's a side of her that 'sassy' and defiant. She looks to Ron, because she doesn't want to make any mistakes in their 'plan'.

If I'm wrong ... so be it, but that's how I'm seeing it. MOO!
gaa113zk9.gif

I can't watch either but the more this goes on the more those blankets seem to be the key. Once they know what's been going on with the blankets they've cracked the case. It already seemed odd in the video interview of Misty, close to the beginning of the case, when she was asked what happened that night and she went on and on about blankets which seemed to have no bearing on the disappearance at all (I believe that's called extraneous information) but if the blanket wasn't in the van why did she say so? Or could it be that she just took "possession" of the blanket that used to hang as a curtain when she decided to wash it for her own use and is now referring to it as her blanket because that's what she used that night?

In Sparkling Cyanide by Christie this sort of thing led to the solution ;)

Donjeta, i agree with you about the blanket. In Misty's first interview she goes on about the blankets, mixing herself up as to whose and what blanket.
In the Today's show interview she slips and says "my blank-uh our blankets"

I agree....but what we think and feel is not what she might think and feel. I am not saying she doesn't have amazingly pure love for Haleigh, I know she does, but we have the good fortune of being seperate from this family and able to form an opinion based on fact not clouded by the emotion of love. I think the major players in this case are all in need of support and are not making good decisions because they are so deeply involved. I do not envy any one of them and I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

---
IMO, I think that Teresa Neves is the country model of Cindy Anthony. Yes, they love their granddaughter but they are not going to let that get in the way of protecting their own child. I think that she is calling the shots for what Ron does or doesn't do. She knows her son. She knows if the rumors about him are true or not true. She may deny to the public that the rumors are true but she can't lie to herself. I believe that she is looking down the road at possible legal charges and maybe she wasn't as familiar with the Florida law concerning spousal priviledge and assumed, as many people did, that if Misty was married to Ron that she could not testify against him. I am especially glad that a new investigator is now involved. I think that Neves involvement with local LE is not in the best interests of this case. Without her protection of Ron over the years, I would bet, IMO, that his criminal record would reflect much more than what is recorded for public record. Sometimes you have to give "some" credence to the locals who have been around this family for years

I have to just say...........I understand that people react to stress in different ways, however, to marry a 17 year that was watching your child so soon after she is missing is just plain odd and unbelievable to me. I have known people that have postponed a planned wedding due to a family illness never mind a daughter missing. Misty and Ron now say when Haleigh is back that they will have a big church wedding............???? Why have this wedding now then. This whole family just seems impulsive and continues to make bad decisions. The wedding tape was so depressing and uncomfortable to watch for me. To watch such a young girl making such a huge life decision during such a tragic time is just wrong on so many levels. It literally disturbs me.

Ron insists on people getting off his personal life.....yet, he makes a very public proposal to his child bride. Why?

Because Ron wants people to see what he tells them to see...and to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

(Just my experienced observation.)

Susan

---
IMO, I think that Teresa Neves is the country model of Cindy Anthony. Yes, they love their granddaughter but they are not going to let that get in the way of protecting their own child. I think that she is calling the shots for what Ron does or doesn't do. She knows her son. She knows if the rumors about him are true or not true. She may deny to the public that the rumors are true but she can't lie to herself. I believe that she is looking down the road at possible legal charges and maybe she wasn't as familiar with the Florida law concerning spousal priviledge and assumed, as many people did, that if Misty was married to Ron that she could not testify against him. I am especially glad that a new investigator is now involved. I think that Neves involvement with local LE is not in the best interests of this case. Without her protection of Ron over the years, I would bet, IMO, that his criminal record would reflect much more than what is recorded for public record. Sometimes you have to give "some" credence to the locals who have been around this family for years

Yeah - I'm starting to go that path myself and I didn't want to. TN is more likeable and she doesn't carry a hammer, unless it's concealed.

:(
Misty's behavior during that interview is exactly the behavior they were looking for, looking to get out of her. If someone trully loves the child that is missing they would have stayed in there and stuck it out. Misty behaves guilty, she's hiding something. She couldn't handle being accused harshly (interrogation tactics) and she walked out. LE is handling this case very carefully, we still don't know who passed polygraphs or not.
IMO i believe Ron passed his polygraph, i don't believe Misty did, she's had 3 polygraphs already.
When Misty is answering questions, she refers to her passing the polygraphs to back up her answers. That's odd behavior. It's almost as she says it to reassure. I was home, i passed the polygraph, etc.
It's not a normal response for someone to keep using that they passed a polygraph while answering questions.
It's as if just their own answer isn't good enough, so she has to include she passed the polygraph as well.
Meanwhile polygraphs aren't 100% foolproof and sociopaths can beat them. We also were never told by LE who has passed or not.
Her behavior could be construed as acting guilty. The problem is that we don't know what else she may have told LE and that LE told her not to repeat. This would lead to her considering her comments before she says them and being unable to explain some of her previous comments. For example, what if she told LE that cabinet doors were open when she entered the kitchen & saw the door open. Or certain things were moved out of place. It's obvious that this LE doesn't want to be like the CA LE; They want to keep things on the qt. But this could cause MC to say evasive types of things and RC to keep repeating his mantras...Pls return my baby, Haleigh, I love you, we will find you, etc. So hard for us because there is so much room for speculation & this is why so many rumors are flying about and getting mixed up with fact.

Did any information come out to clarify the statement about the "blanket" being left in the van? I believe this to be a key part of evidence and have not seen any explanation for the statement.

Because Ron wants people to see what he tells them to see...and to pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

(Just my experienced observation.)

Susan

Speaking of observations....Did anyone else notice that Misty was wearing a "Haleigh t-shirt", but Ron wasn't? If this is your opportunity to get attention back on finding your child, and to gain national exposure of her picture. Don't you think you'd wear one? At all times?

I just found it odd.

I'm obviously having a problem with the quick reply option. When I try to use it, it doesn't send but locks up. I end up with a duplicate post when I eventually get everything unlocked. Sorry folks.

I have to just say...........I understand that people react to stress in different ways, however, to marry a 17 year that was watching your child so soon after she is missing is just plain odd and unbelievable to me. I have known people that have postponed a planned wedding due to a family illness never mind a daughter missing. Misty and Ron now say when Haleigh is back that they will have a big church wedding............???? Why have this wedding now then. This whole family just seems impulsive and continues to make bad decisions. The wedding tape was so depressing and uncomfortable to watch for me. To watch such a young girl making such a huge life decision during such a tragic time is just wrong on so many levels. It literally disturbs me.

What disturbs me is that that "young girl" making such a huge life decision" ran out of an interrogation in which the heat was put on her.
IMO, i could care less about Misty's life decisions, how did she help save Haleigh's life? Why tell so many different stories. It's obvious her self preservation is more important to her than what happened to 5 year old Haleigh.

Misty's behavior during that interview is exactly the behavior they were looking for, looking to get out of her. If someone trully loves the child that is missing they would have stayed in there and stuck it out. Misty behaves guilty, she's hiding something. She couldn't handle being accused harshly (interrogation tactics) and she walked out. LE is handling this case very carefully, we still don't know who passed polygraphs or not.
IMO i believe Ron passed his polygraph, i don't believe Misty did, she's had 3 polygraphs already.
When Misty is answering questions, she refers to her passing the polygraphs to back up her answers. That's odd behavior. It's almost as she says it to reassure. I was home, i passed the polygraph, etc.
It's not a normal response for someone to keep using that they passed a polygraph while answering questions.
It's as if just their own answer isn't good enough, so she has to include she passed the polygraph as well.
Meanwhile polygraphs aren't 100% foolproof and sociopaths can beat them. We also were never told by LE who has passed or not.

---
I agree with your post. I also have my suspicion that Misty was probably on a chemical substance, which made her much more calm during the LDT. In the earlier interviews, and on the 911 call, she appears and sounds to be I'm sure that "being under the influence" can affect the results.

One would almost think he arranged to have "it" happen while he was at work so he'd have an alibi. :waitasec:

Well that certainly makes you think doesn't it?!?!?!?

They both sound like broken records...I was home, I passed the polygraph...I don't know, I was at work...I passed the polygraph....I was at work...I passed the polygraph...I was at work!!! :confused: Who cares that you think you passed, only hearing this from your side not the side that matters...LE...we know you were at work...but dang, can't you say anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member