Ronald proposes to Misty #2 UPDATE: Wedding planned for 03-12-09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cummings Marriage Postponed?

Dunns Creek Baptist Church emailed a statement to our newsroom stating that there is no wedding scheduled to take place on Thursday, March 12, 2009. The statement provided by Associate Pastor David Dixon asked that any announcements made regarding the Cummings-Croslin wedding at the church be retracted.

Jamie Watts, funeral director of Watts Funeral Home, 720 U.S. Hwy. 17 in San Mateo, says the couple originally asked him to perform the service; however, Watts says his notary status has expired.
*snipped*

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...arriage-Postponed/qI5s7C_ZJU2s1zjxplaNig.cspx

:waitasec: Huh?

Stressful times are the worst times to make major life decisions, period. This could wait.

Dunns Creek Baptist Church emailed a statement to our newsroom stating that there is no wedding scheduled to take place on Thursday, March 12, 2009. The statement provided by Associate Pastor David Dixon asked that any announcements made regarding the Cummings-Croslin wedding at the church be retracted.

Jamie Watts, funeral director of Watts Funeral Home, 720 U.S. Hwy. 17 in San Mateo, says the couple originally asked him to perform the service; however, Watts says his notary status has expired.
*snipped*

http://www.fox30online.com/content/...arriage-Postponed/qI5s7C_ZJU2s1zjxplaNig.cspx

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Maybe second thoughts?

Well, that's what I don't get. How is marrying her proving that he's a stand up guy? (and, I'm not saying you think so)

And why isn't a single person in his circle telling him otherwise?

TN has really disappointed me.

JMO.

~I really need to get off this thread.~

Actually that's sort of my point! There isn't anyone in the family giving good "advice" that I can see. We have three families who appear to have generational dysfunction across the board (teen pregnancies, drug charges, protective orders, problem kids, etc.). As I see it , no family is "better" at problem solving and decision making than the others. Therefore when we expect any of them to act in a "normal, rational" way.. the way we would behave, it causes all kinds of judgments that may or may not be accurate.

Ron and Misty getting married is bizarre to my thinking, TN endorsing it also bizarre... but put in the context of all the families involved and their "dysfunctional worlds" who knows what ANY of them are thinking and their actions can be interpreted many different ways. That's all I'm saying. We don't really know, so let's look at "all" sides, motives, etc since we haven't walked in their shoes.

Re: TN. I personally think that she comes off well spoken and perhaps it's easy to give her more "credit" than we should??? I agree, she should be bopping Ron on the head for this decision.... but then again there seems to be a whole lot of dysfunction going on and I don't think she's exempt from that.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Maybe second thoughts?

IDK. Kinda sounds like either the family made plans without contacting the church, or the ministers refused to perform the ceremony. The church certainly wants their name removed from the situation.

It's weird.

*snipped*

I can't get that link to work RL. Would be somethng if we can confirm this.Thanks.

IDK. Kinda sounds like either the family made plans without contacting the church, or the ministers refused to perform the ceremony. The church certainly wants their name removed from the situation.

It's weird.

That's what it sounds like to me as well. They shouldn't be getting married at this point in time to me anyways. It's just crazy!!

Does anyone wonder if the timing of the search today is a LE strategy of some sort?

Misty getting married to Ron is a Waste, a HUGE WASTE!!!

He is verbally abusive to her, and she is so young (MENTALLY!! I'm not talkin' years). And she dropped out of school in the 8th grade? How is she EVER going to get a job she likes??? Most jobs pay so poorly these days that both parents HAVE to work...especially if no one has a college degree!!! I see a future of Misty working her way up to shift manager at McD's. That will be the ceiling for her. You simply cannot get further without being educated these days.
Is there anyone here that would want this for THEIR daughter???!!!!
i didn't think so!

I am seeing a really Wishy Washy attitude about this by some posters and it is really flooring me. This is a tragic situation and I just want to cry for Misty.
I can relate to her...I dropped out of school, and ran around with older men. My Mom and Dad did not look out for me the way they should have. I have seen some here refer to Misty as a "Throw away child" and I think that is a good description, having lived through similar treatment. In fact, I was a live in "Nanny" (babysitter) for a Pimp and his prostitute at the tender age of 14. I was caring full time for 2 small children. And my parents KNEW the prostitution situation. They still allowed me to babysit/live with those people. So much easier for them, having me out of their way I suppose. :furious:

I have been with abusive men, and after going through recovery I can see one coming from a mile away. Even if I had never heard RC verbally abuse Misty I would STILL strongly suspect that he was an abuser.

I am sick. Just sick. Poor Poor Misty. She is still a baby herself and I just wanna give her a big old hug :blowkiss:

MOO of course.

And NO SNARK meant. I like to read the different opinions, even when I don't agree at all. This is a great forum!! So many smarties here!!

That's what it sounds like to me as well. They shouldn't be getting married at this point in time to me anyways. It's just crazy!!

You know, alot of clergy frown on performing marriages unless the couple goes through pre maritial counseling and they are assured that the marriage is in the best interest of the couple, being done for the right reasons, is going to last, etc.

Years ago I found that unless I went to Vegas or before a judge, I was not going to find a minister to marry me and my husband quickly in their church without counseling. I chose to do the counseling, church wedding route. But the process took a couple of months. I felt it was worth it to wait and do it right.

You know, alot of clergy frown on performing marriages unless the couple goes through pre maritial counseling and they are assured that the marriage is in the best interest of the couple, being done for the right reasons, is going to last, etc.

Years ago I found that unless I went to Vegas or before a judge, I was not going to find a minister to marry me and my husband quickly in their church without counseling. I chose to do the counseling, church wedding route. But the process took a couple of months. I felt it was worth it to wait and do it right.

Well I am glad that the people here on this board are not the only ones who think this is a bad idea!!

Edited: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 12:36 PM EDTCreated On: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 12:11 PM EDTSATSUMA, Fla. - The father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings is expected to marry his younger girlfriend Thursday afternoon, but the couple is already facing some problems finding someone to marry them.Jamey Watts, a funeral director, was set to marry the couple but his notary status expired. Then, they were going to get a pastor from Watts church to wed them, but the pastor is doing military reserve training and is unavailable.

Ummm....why....out of all the notaries out there...would they try to get a funeral director?! Ummmm.....are they trying to establish a relationship with a funeral director should they need him in the future? That's freaking morbid.

LE's search today, the last minute church problems....I hope Ron takes this as a sign that the wedding needs to wait. Maybe LE and the church is trying to save Ron from himself. I'm reminded of Garth Brook's song, Unanswered Prayers.

Ummm....why....out of all the notaries out there...would they try to get a funeral director?! Ummmm....ew.

Talk about a blast from the past. I grew up in L.A and way back then the famous Forest Lawn Cemetary rented out their numerous beautiful little chapels for weddings. I hear it was quite the booming business. The thought always creeped me out. But the guy who ran the place was always rumored to be a weird bird.

They still rent them. Beautiful facilities.

Forest Lawn — Glendale
Church of the Recessional - Seats 225 plus 100 outside

Little Church of the Flowers - Seats 104

Wee Kirk o' the Heather - Seats 85

Forest Lawn — Hollywood Hills
Church of the Hills - Seats 265

Old North Church - Seats 244

Yes you are right about that, maritial counseling, that could be it. But I seem to think too that they refused to marry them. Which I think they shouldn't marry them. Good grief, it's ridiculous!
And they could go to vegas, I am sure Elvis will be happy to marry them. LOL

I feel a visceral revulsion to the idea of this marriage at this time. I think their words show that the reasons it sickens people are obvious even to them, so I'll say no more.

But that's them. As future reference for those who don't understand our concerns about the marriage at Misty's age (not to mention education):

"A girl married at 17 is twice as likely to be divorced as a girl 18 or 19. If a girl waits until she is 25 the chances that her marriage will last are 4 times better."
Teen Marriage, by Eleanor H. Ayer

Figures released last year from the National Center for Health Statistics found nearly half of marriages in which the bride is 18 or younger end in separation or divorce within 10 years. For brides 25 and older, half as many marriages break up."
- "More teens are getting married" Smart Marriages Archive 11/12/02​

Add to the above:
  • Socioeconomic factors
  • Divorced parents
  • Cohabitation before marriage
  • Low education
  • Children from other partners

All of these things are part of the cycle we see in these broken families, and children suffer the price.

This is not something to celebrate if we want long term happiness and self-actualization for the couple or their children. IMO

Edited: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 12:36 PM EDTCreated On: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 12:11 PM EDTSATSUMA, Fla. - The father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings is expected to marry his younger girlfriend Thursday afternoon, but the couple is already facing some problems finding someone to marry them.Jamey Watts, a funeral director, was set to marry the couple but his notary status expired. Then, they were going to get a pastor from Watts church to wed them, but the pastor is doing military reserve training and is unavailable.

Wouldn't they have known all that when they announced the plans?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487