Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard that it is called off, don't see that in the paper thou

A word to describe this wedding is sickeningly sweet, which is an oxymoron. Or maybe it's just moronic.

I feel a visceral revulsion to the idea of this marriage at this time. I think their words show that the reasons it sickens people are obvious even to them, so I'll say no more.

But that's them. As future reference for those who don't understand our concerns about the marriage at Misty's age (not to mention education):

"A girl married at 17 is twice as likely to be divorced as a girl 18 or 19. If a girl waits until she is 25 the chances that her marriage will last are 4 times better."
Teen Marriage, by Eleanor H. Ayer

Figures released last year from the National Center for Health Statistics found nearly half of marriages in which the bride is 18 or younger end in separation or divorce within 10 years. For brides 25 and older, half as many marriages break up."
- "More teens are getting married" Smart Marriages Archive 11/12/02​

Add to the above:
  • Socioeconomic factors
  • Divorced parents
  • Cohabitation before marriage
  • Low education
  • Children from other partners

All of these things are part of the cycle we see in these broken families, and children suffer the price.

This is not something to celebrate if we want long term happiness and self-actualization for them or their children. IMO

well put

It appears that noone wants to step forward to marry this couple. jmo

The thought of getting married is not an ideal situation for Misty and Ron. However, there are tons of people in the world who are not well eduacated, not financially stable, not even stable in their relationships that make this same type of desicion every day. Unfortunately, it's a lesson they will have to learn the hard way. I think they are doing this possible to fill a void. In the end, it's not going to bring Haleigh back or fill any holes in their hearts.

I find it sad that Haleigh and Jr's soon-to-be new "mommy", the one who supposedly loves and cares for them so much, didn't even know Haleigh's date of birth or how much she weighed.

Simply pathetic.

JMO... but I think these two will have a very hard time getting any church to facilitate their wedding. More then likely they will have to go through the county courthouse or go to Vegas.

The thought of getting married is not an ideal situation for Misty and Ron. However, there are tons of people in the world who are not well eduacated, not financially stable, not even stable in their relationships that make this same type of desicion every day. Unfortunately, it's a lesson they will have to learn the hard way. I think they are doing this possible to fill a void. In the end, it's not going to bring Haleigh back or fill any holes in their hearts.
(my bold)

That is the sad truth indeed, BloodHoundSleuther. :( It's so sad to see just how many children are being born into these situations and the price they ultimately pay for it.

One would think that we had gotten the message across, or that more people would learn from observing others' mistakes, but too many are children themselves, in age or maturity, brought up by parents and a society that failed to teach them the value of delayed gratification.

I see stories like this one, the octo-mom, and the millions born to teen mothers, and my heart aches. Little children and "playing house," can be fun, so it's tempting to some. It's the challenges and risks that aren't as apparent until the children are teens that cause the most damage.

What a load of carp. Since when does a young child want a 17 year old as a mommy, compared to his REAL mommy? There's a bond there that can't be broken. I'm not buying it - not for a minute.

JMHO

Melanie

Bonds can be broken and young children can want their parent to marry
another "mother or father" figure.
I know from experience.
And I don't think in a young child’s mind they would think about the age.

If Haleigh really did want this then that tells me a lot about her relationship
with her mom.

JMO... but I think these two will have a very hard time getting any church to facilitate their wedding. More then likely they will have to go through the county courthouse or go to Vegas.

(bolding mine)

This thread will certainly get lively they go to Vegas!!!

I really hope that they postpone this. I hope that someone can convince them that this is a bad idea!! Maybe someone should tell them that they will still have to testify against each other, even if they are married!

I just do not understand the rush to have the wedding. This whole thing is just strange, IMOO

I can't see anything at work! ::::mumbles about restrictions:::: Please do tell!!!

I can't see anything at work! ::::mumbles about restrictions:::: Please do tell!!!

The church put a disclaimer on their website stating they have no involvement in the marriage of Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin. They continue to pray for Haleigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor