Ronald proposes to Misty #2 UPDATE: Wedding planned for 03-12-09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is not normal! If my memory is correct George A did some crazy things,no one saw it as a sign of an upcoming suicide attempt. I am just trying to say that people handle tragic situations differently, It seems to me RC is trying to accomplish all his dreams quickly. I do beleive he dreamed of marrying Misty,dreamed of buying a house,living a happy life with Misty and his children! In his depression maybe he beleives carrying on with his plans she is with him. I fear what he will do to himself if GOD forbid ....... ( I cant put it in words) IMO

I am sorry but I STRONGLY disagree! I think the whole story is no good. NOTHING matches!!!! Depression or suicide????? No I don't think so! It does not add up! Feeling SAFE, like you got away with something in not a so sane mind......... JMO JMO look at other cases! casey anthony???????

My feeling is that Misti and Ron are getting married first and foremost because they have an idea that spousal privilege will come into play. But I doubt they have researched it very thoroughly and do not know if there are any loopholes. IMO they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box and are up to their eyeballs in this. They are street-smart and used to dealing with criminals and low-lives considering their friends' and associates' rap sheets that have been floating around. They are probably saying, no way we're going to jail, we're in this together for sure now.

Yeppers

n NG, Susan Moss said the spousal privlege WILL NOT count when there is a CHILD involved...............surprise RC/MC!!! They still have to testify against each otherif needed!!!
I'm glad both Susan and Ray cleared that one up ~ but maybe the happy couple doesn't know it! Ray also continued to say it wouldn't because the crime happened before the marriage.

My problem with this is Ron supposedly loves Haleigh so much, yet Haleigh allegedly was abducted from her room while Misty was only a few feet away ~ one month ago. I don't think I could be so soon forgiving if this happened to my child. MOO

I feel so terrible for RC, TN, and Crystal. I can't imagine what they must be going through. How sad that people fault them for anything that they do, they are only human. Prayers...

I'm glad both Susan and Ray cleared that one up ~ but maybe the happy couple doesn't know it! Ray also continued to say it wouldn't because the crime happened before the marriage.

My problem with this is Ron supposedly loves Haleigh so much, yet Haleigh allegedly was abducted from her room while Misty was only a few feet away ~ one month ago. I don't think I could be so soon forgiving if this happened to my child. MOO

Yeah, I'm having trouble imaging the kinder, gentler RC myself.

My feeling is that Misti and Ron are getting married first and foremost because they have an idea that spousal privilege will come into play. But I doubt they have researched it very thoroughly and do not know if there are any loopholes. IMO they aren't the brightest bulbs in the box and are up to their eyeballs in this. They are street-smart and used to dealing with criminals and low-lives considering their friends' and associates' rap sheets that have been floating around. They are probably saying, no way we're going to jail, we're in this together for sure now.
I agree and it was my first thought too ~ spousal privilege. They're both still being investigated as to Haleigh's disappearance, as far as we know, nobody has been officially 'cleared' unless they were miles away with a solid alibi. I think if I were in Ron's position I would still be blaming the person who allowed Haleigh to be abducted (assuming that's what happened) and wouldn't be thinking about a wedding only one month after my child went missing. Something is fishy ~ MOO.

we can agree to disagree. I do not beleive RC is involved in Haleigh's dissaperance

I have serveral thoughts on this.
#1 RC is loaded on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds and isn't as "clear" as he normally would be. Also that would explain his new attitude.
#2 Strictly a PR measure...he wants to get back to being with her ASAP without society breathing down his neck. Maybe protecting himself legally there too??
#3 They are more sinister than previously suspected.

I never doubted his sincerity until I saw the video of them going to the courthouse and her flashing that ring. It just feels wrong.

I have no problem at all seeing that. Just look at all of the pictures of him with Haleigh.

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I've seen those pix of RC and Haleigh and they are truely charming.

I'm just having trouble imagining the man who called his GF a dumb b*tch and stated that he was ready to "take out the trash" and "shoot out the back window of a police car" as a person who could so quickly forgive the person who was either unwilling or unable to protect the little girl, so charmingly depicted in the pix, from harm. Were these emotional utterances - not doubt.
Were they precursors to a marriage proposal ? Not so sure.

I read earlier today 3/12. It all seems kind of sudden and hurried, for whatever reason. Tonight on Nancy Grace's show, she mentioned this pending wedding and her first words related to 'spousal privilege'. I so agree with her! MOO

panthera, that was my first thought as well. I am glad to know now that it won't make any difference!

Misty prepares to kiss another :frog:
Sad.

I know she needs a home, but ....

Is it off topic in this thread to discuss the news clip where Misty was showing off the ring to announce the engagement? I ask because I made a comment in the first thread that was not discussed and I wanted to bring up the point again.

n NG, Susan Moss said the spousal privlege WILL NOT count when there is a CHILD involved...............surprise RC/MC!!! They still have to testify against each otherif needed!!!

After immediately researching and ruling out the use of spousal privilege where criminal proceedings directly involving a child are concerned, at first I figured it was just statutory thing. I've since wondered what other crimes may have surfaced that it can exempt them from testifying re eachother about--not directly linked to Haleigh but discovered in the course of solving her disappearance? If LE is questioning dad eg re connections or dealings can marriage be a means of avoiding having to testify against one another re knowledge of other incriminating activities not involving Haleigh, indirectly related or coming to light as a result of investigation? JMO

:parrot:

odd and eerie if the happy couple marry on Friday the 13th...........

Down in the Parking Lot. :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Wonder what color the wedding gown will be?

Well that doesnt really have any bearing. I Wore white and was not a ehmmm clearing throat Virgin (gosh now you all know my secret ! that at the ripe old age of 33 I wasnt a virgin!!!)

:eek:

:floorlaugh:

I just tink this is tragically wrong. Getting married whilst Haleigh is missing.

How much has been raised so far ? perhaps that is funding it ?

I'm watching Nancy Grace now, and they're talking about the engagement.

Teresa (Haleighs grandmother) is saying that "Haleigh and Jr. both wanted Misty to be their mommy". She seems to be supportive of the engagement.

I hope this is not out of line, if so, mods please delete. There is something going on here between the bio parents Ron and Crystal. I'm scratching my head on the public comments that Jr. and Haleigh wanted Misty to be their mommy. They HAVE a mommy for Christs sake. I don't know any step mothers who wish make comments like I am hearing made publically from Misty....

The only thing I can even remotely comprehend Haleigh being excited about a wedding is getting to 'play' dress up. (by 'play' I mean, in Haleighs mind she'd view it as play).

The timing of this engagement and upcoming sudden marriage is like something out of a bad movie. Could Misty be pregnant? Just a guess, not trying to start any rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member