Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't sit well does it. I can't really see proposing under the circumstances, but that being said I could see them saying that they are going to have a wedding as soon as their flower girl comes home. That they want to make their family official after this is all done with.

Nothing says you don't see your kid coming home like getting married while they are gone. It's not like you would want to include her, or not make major changes to the world she knew before she was taken and returned deeply traumatized.

Big ole red flag...Big one.

Well he must be angry because of everyone talking about him and accusing him of having something to do with his daughters disappearance... but thats just a guess. Everything you read about him, whether its here or at other forums people bash him. (he's this, he's that, he's poor, he's abusive, he's a druggie) His daughter is missing and there is NOTHING he can do that will be right in the media or publics eyes. Maybe he don't have respect and isn't very polite because noone shows him respect, or is polite to him. (Lets be honest here, we all read what everyone says about him on this forum and others)

I find it silly that people sit here (or the media, whatever) and say things like "omg he's getting married, what a jerk... his d is missing, I would never do that" but how do you know what you would do in THAT situation? Are your children (this is general, not directed at you or anyone in particular) home safe in bed? I bet they are, so you don't know what or how you would react in the situation. No matter what you say or think, you just don't know....

My first thought was good for them. Maybe this has brought them closer. (Struggles pull 2 people closer) and they wanted to get married and commit to eachother, she is 17 its not like shes 14 or 15... I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Congrats to them.

Actually, I had no suspicions with Ron until he got the tatoo and now. You are right, I have no idea what I would do in this situation and I pray I never find out. However, there are somethings I can feel confident that I wouldn't do. What I just read about is one of them. Smiling and celebrating myself starting a new life isn't one of them. The fact that she needs parental permission to marry an adult does to me make a huge difference. No way in hell will I do that with my daughter no matter what.

The thought that a spouse doesn't have to testify against their spouse comes to my mind in this situation.

This is just my opinion only by the way...................

Well he must be angry because of everyone talking about him and accusing him of having something to do with his daughters disappearance... but thats just a guess. Everything you read about him, whether its here or at other forums people bash him. (he's this, he's that, he's poor, he's abusive, he's a druggie) His daughter is missing and there is NOTHING he can do that will be right in the media or publics eyes. Maybe he don't have respect and isn't very polite because noone shows him respect, or is polite to him. (Lets be honest here, we all read what everyone says about him on this forum and others)

I find it silly that people sit here (or the media, whatever) and say things like "omg he's getting married, what a jerk... his d is missing, I would never do that" but how do you know what you would do in THAT situation? Are your children (this is general, not directed at you or anyone in particular) home safe in bed? I bet they are, so you don't know what or how you would react in the situation. No matter what you say or think, you just don't know....

My first thought was good for them. Maybe this has brought them closer. (Struggles pull 2 people closer) and they wanted to get married and commit to eachother, she is 17 its not like shes 14 or 15... I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

Congrats to them.

I completely agree! Amen to that! :clap:

I'm sorry - this case has been a stinker from the beginning and it just keeps getting worse! They cannot go back into the house because of all the memories and the pain...but they can plan a wedding?????? I know that everyone has their own reactions, but you could not drag me away from that property because I would be hoping that little girl would somehow manage to find her way home and I could not bear not to be there!

(Your post respectfully snipped)
ITA. Not only would I not move from where my daughter went missing from, I'd be sleeping in her bed. Instead of cherising her sweet memory, they are acting like she's a reminder of something bad and to be avoided.

IMO, they are acting like someone would that had a murder occur in their home.

Where is Haleigh?

Please excuse me, in advance, for being cynical.

I believe actions are driven in the most part by MONEY ... apparently the missing child business is very lucrative in FL (not to mean that ALL parents are exploiting their missing child)

some questions that went thru my mind when hearing this news:
~~I wonder if this is all a set up to get the Media to continue to provide coverage (it has been rather quiet)
~~I wonder if money has been paid for photos of upcoming wedding
~~I wonder if the only reason this poor child is missing is because someone close to her heard how another family of previously missing child of a similar name is raking in big media $$ for things such as photos, videos, interviews, book & movie offers
~~I wonder if this makes the plot of the lifetime movie more interesting.

As I said, I am very cynical this week. Bad week. I have really held out hope for this baby being found alive, and time is marching on, and I know that is not a good thing. I have been so consumed with these 2 cases that at times, I ignore my own families needs (such as laundry & vacuuming, been ordering dinner out more often) I couldn't imagine being that close to the situation and thinking of getting married.

Always, my opinion only.

Somethings wrong here....are we talking about Ron C. whose little girl, Haleigh, is missing?? Or...some other guy named Ron C. who just won the lottery, quit his job, plans to buy a house and just proposed to his gf?

:clap::clap::clap:

ETA: You hit the nail on the head as to what's wrong with everything.

Please excuse me, in advance, for being cynical.

I believe actions are driven in the most part by MONEY ... apparently the missing child business is very lucrative in FL (not to mean that ALL parents are exploiting their missing child)

some questions that went thru my mind when hearing this news:
~~I wonder if this is all a set up to get the Media to continue to provide coverage (it has been rather quiet)
~~I wonder if money has been paid for photos of upcoming wedding
~~I wonder if the only reason this poor child is missing is because someone close to her heard how another family of previously missing child of a similar name is raking in big media $$ for things such as photos, videos, interviews, book & movie offers
~~I wonder if this makes the plot of the lifetime movie more interesting.

As I said, I am very cynical this week. Bad week. I have really held out hope for this baby being found alive, and time is marching on, and I know that is not a good thing. I have been so consumed with these 2 cases that at times, I ignore my own families needs (such as laundry & vacuuming, been ordering dinner out more often) I couldn't imagine being that close to the situation and thinking of getting married.

Always, my opinion only.

Are you kidding? My butt is numb! :crazy:

I've been eating cereal allot this week, am behind in paying bills, and my cats have disowned me! :eek:

:laugh::laugh:
Are you kidding? My butt is numb! :crazy:

I've been eating cereal allot this week, am behind in paying bills, and my cats have disowned me! :eek:

LOL, at document dump time, I truly am missing in action, only another WS'er can truly understand.

I never thought either of them were guilty before, but I am rethinking everything now. Ole Misty looks like she swallowed the canary in the interview!!

(respectfully snipped) Swallowed the canary... lol (oh dear, it's getting late...)

Calling someone dumb bi*** is public is not abusive ? Imagine what goes on behind closed doors....

I'd really rather not...

I have been stunned this entire time Ron didnt throw Misty out on her ear.

Sorry but to me, it seems like just another staging to throw off the investigation to make everyone think he is okay with her, and her neglect and numerous changing and conflicting stories, to make her look better, and her butchered stories stronger. IMO they are covering eachother and using this to strengthen their bond of secrecy. MOO

(bold mine) Have been turning this over in my poor little worn out mind... I'm also wondering about possible shared complicity. But if gf is guilty on some lesser level (of negligence eg), any guesses what else it is she may hold over dad?

Congrats to them

(bold mine) Ok well and what if she's say 16, like when he first got involved w her and she never gets beyond the 7th or 8th grade and he does worse than call her a dumb b* when LE's not around or when they're behind closed doors and this is just a way for each to enable one another at best and conceal or exempt themselves from their respective culpability at worst? Should we still congratulate them then and throw confetti simply because it "pulls them closer?" Dad was angry long before anybody here or in the public at large had a chance to form any impressions, their suspicions were aroused based on his behavior. JMO

:bedtime:

:parrot:

I can see how Misty at 17, given her history, would see marriage as validating and promising of some sort of security. That said, while I understand Misty's excitement at the prospect of being a wife to Ron, I can hardly comprehend why Ron wants to marry Misty (something about bovines and free milk comes into play here). So it begs the question if Ron is perhaps marrying Misty as some sort of appeasement to her, then why?

I can see how Misty at 17, given her history, would see marriage as validating and promising of some sort of security. That said, while I understand Misty's excitement at the prospect of being a wife to Ron, I can hardly comprehend why Ron wants to marry Misty (something about bovines and free milk comes into play here). So it begs the question if Ron is perhaps marrying Misty as some sort of appeasement to her, then why?

Bolded by me

If I remember correctly, Misty has been unseen around camp for a bit. Maybe Ron decided he needed to make sure she was "with" him.

This just is WRONG! How can they even attempt to start a new life with that beautiful little girl gone?

I'm with everyone here who says this just stinks to high heaven. :banghead:

I keep typing and backing up and typing and backing up. I already am miffed that he can't stand to move back into that trailer. Most parents would want to be with their childs stuff and her memories in a time like this. Guilty people however, don't want to be reminded that they did something wrong! BIG RED FLAG!!! And now he's marrying the person who lost his child? He wants to marry someone who can't string a sentence together to explain coherently what happened when your child went missing?

There is all kinds of wrong here.

I haven't gotten all the way through the thread, so I am sorry if this has been mentioned.
Ms Anthoney did not want to sleep in her and Caylee's room when she was released from jail. She had to sleep on her parents floor for a while. That was according to Cindy, IIRC.

I think it looks suspicious.

IMOO of course!!

Yes...a 17 year old with her heart set on the big white dress, the flowers, the adoration , and all the dreams that so many girls have about MARRIAGE ..

I believe they think some network or something is going to pay *out of sympathy*

There are only a few reasons people get married this quick..

One they elope - not happening
Two - well it belongs in the parking thread - and is a possibility..
Three - so that you can not testify against your spouse - possible
Four - to make that person Loyal to you alone - possiblity

IF and I do say a BIG IF - they had gone off with the parents and got married on the quiet and didnt tell anyone because they wanted to strenghten their love and support for each other MAYBE I might have bought that ...MAYBE !!

But this ...:snooty: no this is something else entirely...

This is unbelievable!!!!! What else can be said???? By a ring for your 17 year old girlfriend, and your daughter is missing???? How about donating that money towards Haleigh!!!!!!!!!! How quick they seem to move on!!! I know this sounds harsh, but what else can be said?????? I know it is probably not right but I would have a hard time even looking at the person my child was LAST seen with and now missing WITHOUT a TRACE!!!!!!!!!!! I was pulling for Ron until NOW!!!!!!!! A good dad, I am sorry but what ARE his PRIORITIES??? HONESTLY!!!!!!! Can't talk to the media because they bad mouth him, nut can talk about his engagement!!!!!!! Is it just me or is this situation getting worse day by day????? JMO JMO
Misty's mother said that the ring was a Cummings family ring. If so, then RC didn't spent his money on it. I'm a bit on the fence with this news. The timing doesn't seem appropriate. On the other hand, it's very symbolic. It enables RC and MC to show solidarity as a family. It implies that they have hope that Haleigh will be returned to them and that they are preparing a stable environment for her and Jr. If I look at this from an outside view, I may be skeptical, but if I look at it from their view, it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb