Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·36m⚡️Ukraine’s Air Force, along with units of the army and territorial defense, destroyed a large Russian military convoy near the city of Bashtanka in Ukraine’s southern Mykolaiv region.
Military bloggers reported that the convoy contained up to 800 vehicles.

I guess we're on the same page. Literally. Lol.

Talking about flying..

ANKARA, Turkey — NATO member Turkey and its Black Sea ally Ukraine have agreed to coproduce an increasingly popular Turkish-made drone at a production site in Ukraine.
A6PIGHTTFRH45C6GFVII3NP76Y.jpg

More about the TB2 (drone)

Turkey and Ukraine to coproduce TB2 drones

—————————————————————————————————
Ukraine’s drone strikes reveal Russian planning failures, expert says

According to Stijin Mitzer, an open-source intelligence analyst, the small Turkish-made drones have destroyed at least 32 Russian vehicles since war broke out last week, though it’s impossible to independently confirm the total number of vehicles they’ve destroyed.

An expert on Russian drone warfare, Samuel Bendett of the CNA think tank, explained to Military Times that even the drones’ limited successes show that Russia is failing to implement its own air defense strategies. He added that Russia studied the lessons learned by Armenia in last year’s war with Azerbaijan, which saw the latter nation decimate Armenian positions and vehicles with Bayraktar drones and loitering munitions.

Ukraine’s drone strikes reveal Russian planning failures, expert says

I’d like to give out a big Thank You to everybody here who is constantly finding information on what is happening in and about Ukraine and posting it. I don’t know where y’all are finding it all but it is much appreciated by myself and, I’m sure, a lot of others.
This is my go-to place for information on what’s happening in near real-time. Y’all are providing a wealth of info.

It is interesting, because of the diversity of information. Each person brings up a point of their interest in this thread. A complete picture of the situation, rather than one point of view. The diversity and expertise is amazing. Thank you.

I belong to a Facebook group, that has beaders from all over the world, and it has been amazing about the amount of support for Ukrainian beaders and designers. Normally, our little bead group stays out of the political frays...to not alienate anyone. It has been overwhelming with support for Ukraine.

The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·2m⚡️Valerii Zaluzhny, Commander-in-Chief of Ukraine’s Armed Forces stated that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has slowed down.
According to Zaluzhny, Russian forces have lost their tactical initiative and have been forced to mobilize reserves to continue their offensive.

The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·2m⚡️Estonia to provide Ukraine with Javelin anti-tank missiles and ammunition.
Latvia will also send 30 trucks of ammunition, supplies, and fuel to Ukraine, according to the head of the Lviv Regional State Administration Maksym Kozytskyi.

312The Kyiv Independent@KyivIndependent·2m⚡️Russian troops in Crimea refuse to take part in Ukraine invasion.
The Center for Defense Strategies, citing their sources in the marine personnel in Crimea, says members of Russia’s 810th Detached Marine Brigade are in a “demoralized state."

This is my concern as well. Putin is brilliant, savvy and, usually, tactical. But it's very hard to figure this one out. US State department says they have intelligence that the plan was a 3 phase invasion, with negotiations in between, so that Ukraine could surrender.

The idea he might have had was that "While we intend to take your eastern lands, Ukraine, we don't want to obliterate you, so here's your chance to save yourselves. We are, after all, cousins." So a kind of intra-family feud, in which the powerful branch of the family eventually squeezes the weaker branch into submission. It's happened many times in history.

But I do believe he is very isolated, may not even be watching anything about the invasion, and only speaks with a handful of elder generals (who have been lying to him because they fear him).

He looks puffy and his voice was weak at times in his short address to his minions. Apparently his hour long history lecture went better. One of his former aides says he spent the last two years carefully studying Russian history, every treaty, every bit of history involving Crimea (Russia claimed it for a very long time and Ukraine agreed to certain things regarding it when Ukraine was created, and in 2014, Putin himself declared that Ukraine wasn't doing what it said it would way back in 1945 or whatever).

So he's obsessed, out of touch, and, IMO, has some kind of craziness that comes with a certain type of person getting too much power. Is he also in the throes of Parkinson's? Dementia? Long COVID? No one knows.

Do you have a link for the state dept intelligence? I'd read something similar but no mention of negotiation.

Russian troops in disarray and ‘crying’ in combat, radio messages reveal
Soldiers are refusing to obey orders – including to shell Ukrainian towns – while others have walked away from battle..........

.....poor Russian morale can be heard in audio recordings of radio messaging between troops obtained by British intelligence company ShadowBreak Intl.

Soldiers are refusing to obey orders – including to shell Ukrainian towns – while others have walked away from battle..........

.....poor Russian morale can be heard in audio recordings of radio messaging between troops obtained by British intelligence company ShadowBreak Intl.

Parts of the Russian military are reliant on mobile phones and analogue "walkie-talkies", making them vulnerable to interception by radio enthusiasts............
Ukrainian forces also had no problem jamming the Russian communications, which are often interrupted by recordings of the Ukrainian national anthem

:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member