Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Canada can take the credit for that. The ICC Prosecutor had already opened the investigation Monday, Feb 28. It seems Canada's Foreign Minister Mme Joly was a day behind with her statement on Tuesday, March 1.
Ahhh ok
But this is my point about how heartwarming it is to see the countries of the world collectively and cohesively joining together to support Ukraine in so many different ways rather than just put soldiers on the ground. So many innovative and smart ways are being implemented to stop Putin and it’s heartwarming to see this and the support for the people of Ukraine and bigger than that, to ensure another WW is prevented by not allowing rogue nations to attack for the purposes of a land grab or because of wanting to replicate what once was . It seems that we are all doing our bit, Even countries that I wouldn’t have believed would support Ukraine yet they are. The global impact is massive and in a positive way which has risen from the negativity of war crimes and destruction being perpetrated

I'm listening to an episode on the radio about the invasion. Very interesting, because this man has the ability to overlook everything (military, politically, diplomatically etc.), has interesting insights and tells it in an understandable way. (Yes, I'm a fan)

Sadly I can't share the content...it's in Dutch.

It's a crucial week for the world. How far will Putin go in his drive to restore the Russian Empire? Can Ukraine and the West survive in all this war violence or is it getting out of hand? Today we talk about it with Jaap de Hoop Scheffer, Minister of State and former Secretary General of NATO.

I leave the link here for those who speak and/or understand Dutch. Rusland en Oekraïne | Jaap de Hoop Scheffer

I think you can hear it back on Spotify and Apple Podcasts

Ruim tweehonderd vrijwilligers in Nederland willen vechten tegen Rusland | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

More than two hundred people who want to fight against the Russian army have registered at the Ukrainian embassy in The Hague. That is what honorary consul Karel Burger Dirven said in Nieuwsuur on Tuesday .

Besides dozens of Dutch people, mainly Ukrainians and Poles have registered. "We receive e-mail after e-mail. The Dutch feel connected and that is heartwarming," says Burger Dirven.

Dutch people who go to fight in Ukraine are committing a criminal offense, experts and the Ministry of Defense confirm. But military historian Christ Klep stated in the news program that because of all the sympathy for Ukraine, it will probably run loose.

Have to know more about the content of this criminal offense....ISIS yep....but this....no tiny little clause?

Nederlandse gemeenten vangen eerste Oekraïense vluchtelingen op | NU - Het laatste nieuws het eerst op NU.nl

Dutch municipalities receive first Ukrainian refugees

The first group of Ukrainian refugees will arrive in Amsterdam on Tuesday. It concerns eighty people who are being accommodated in a hostel in the Southeast district, the municipality of Amsterdam confirms to NU.nl after reporting by Het Parool . Several municipalities are open to the reception of refugees.

Alderman Rutger Groot Wassink (Asylum Affairs) is pleased that Amsterdam can receive war refugees so quickly. Last weekend, the municipality already worked on an overview of the number of people that the city can accommodate.

Last edited:
Talking about wheat producers, I was actually looking at spelt recipes yesterday so I got curious.

The major countries of the world producing spelt flours are Italy, South Germany, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, England, Poland, U.S. and Canada and Czech Republic.

Spelt Flour Market

Good idea. Thank you.

TELEMMGLPICT000287873409_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqbe775R1SNzm4sSSdJaF7PFKgqRD8QjI0RaZmbYcesHw.jpeg

Bumbling Belarusian leader lets slip Vladimir Putin’s secret plan for more attacks

Nederlanders mogen meevechten tegen de Russen, maar als burger mag je niet zomaar iemand doden

The Dutch are allowed to fight against the Russians, but as a civilian you can't just kill someone

Several Dutch people have reported to the Ukrainian embassy as volunteers to fight against the Russian army. This is permitted by law, according to experts, although the usefulness of such an international brigade appears to be mainly for publicity purposes.

When asked, the Ukrainian embassy says that 'some Dutch people have reported to serve in the Ukrainian armed forces'. According to a diplomat, such requests came in before his president last Sunday called on foreigners to help fight in a yet-to-be-formed international brigade. According to the embassy, the number of registrations is secret. The diplomat, who is very grateful for all the help and expressions of support in the Netherlands, summarizes the motivation of the volunteers with: 'To fight for Ukraine; for Europe; for democratic values.'

Last edited:
Sadly this is behind a paywall. Can you put some important content here?

The map showed some lines of attacks that have already materialised and some that had yet taken place including one 'appearing' to point from the port city of Odessa into Moldova, suggesting Russia plans to march troops there.
Local reports said that Belarusian units had entered Ukraine but that hasn't been backed up by the west.

Oh dear....

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers head to the Ukrainian embassy to sign up to fight Putin | Daily Mail Online

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers eager to take on Vladimir Putin's Russian forces could be prosecuted under UK terror laws if they go out to fight in Ukraine, Boris Johnson today hinted.

Groups of men have gathered outside the Ukrainian embassy in west London to answer Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky call to arms for foreign fighters to join his country's defence against Russia.

There was another cyber attack on the governmental systems. Malware discovered. On of the results is that there is chaos on the border for people who want to flee....no passport information available. This info comes in through the Dutch national radio channels. Have to look for a link.

Oh dear....

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers head to the Ukrainian embassy to sign up to fight Putin | Daily Mail Online

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers eager to take on Vladimir Putin's Russian forces could be prosecuted under UK terror laws if they go out to fight in Ukraine, Boris Johnson today hinted.

Groups of men have gathered outside the Ukrainian embassy in west London to answer Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky call to arms for foreign fighters to join his country's defence against Russia.
ebm/ bbm
From the article:
*advertiser censored*, 38, works at a bank in the City and has no combat experience, but came down to volunteer in his lunch break.

Mr *advertiser censored*, who describes British writer George Orwell as one of his heroes and an inspiration for his decision to join the fight...
I don't agree with this. He may do more harm than good. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member