Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine: A Timeline Of Cyberattacks | CyberPeace Institute

Last updated on March 1, 2022

Against the backdrop of the military invasion of Ukraine, the CyberPeace Institute is tracking how cyberattacks and operations are, and have been, targeting critical infrastructure and civilian objects.

The tracking of cyberattacks and incidents as they become public is important in order to record these attacks and identify – where possible – the harm and risks for civilian populations. Cyberattacks affect people and risk lives. Civilian populations are protected under international humanitarian law.

The important legal principles of distinction (distinguish at all times between military objectives and civilian objects) and proportionality (prohibit attacks expected to cause excessive civilian harm) have a direct bearing on cyber operations during armed conflicts in order to protect the civilian population against the effects of such operations.

In recent weeks there has been a significant escalation in the number of reported cyberattacks against Ukrainian institutions, organizations and the wider population. Ukraine is no stranger to being on the receiving-end of cyberattacks and the timeline below tracks the most significant incidents to date.

The targeting of critical infrastructure raises particular concern as this infrastructure is essential for the survival of the civilian population. Attacks on infrastructure such as energy, water, healthcare, financial institutions, transport and communication services can have devastating consequences on the civilian population.

I don't think Canada can take the credit for that. The ICC Prosecutor had already opened the investigation Monday, Feb 28. It seems Canada's Foreign Minister Mme Joly was a day behind with her statement on Tuesday, March 1.
Ahhh ok
But this is my point about how heartwarming it is to see the countries of the world collectively and cohesively joining together to support Ukraine in so many different ways rather than just put soldiers on the ground. So many innovative and smart ways are being implemented to stop Putin and it’s heartwarming to see this and the support for the people of Ukraine and bigger than that, to ensure another WW is prevented by not allowing rogue nations to attack for the purposes of a land grab or because of wanting to replicate what once was . It seems that we are all doing our bit, Even countries that I wouldn’t have believed would support Ukraine yet they are. The global impact is massive and in a positive way which has risen from the negativity of war crimes and destruction being perpetrated
Oh dear....

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers head to the Ukrainian embassy to sign up to fight Putin | Daily Mail Online

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers eager to take on Vladimir Putin's Russian forces could be prosecuted under UK terror laws if they go out to fight in Ukraine, Boris Johnson today hinted.

Groups of men have gathered outside the Ukrainian embassy in west London to answer Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky call to arms for foreign fighters to join his country's defence against Russia.
Yet a couple of days ago our foreign secretary was saying that they would be supportive of them going to Ukraine to assist in the pushback of Russian invasion ????

Ukraine: A Timeline Of Cyberattacks | CyberPeace Institute

Last updated on March 1, 2022

Against the backdrop of the military invasion of Ukraine, the CyberPeace Institute is tracking how cyberattacks and operations are, and have been, targeting critical infrastructure and civilian objects.

The tracking of cyberattacks and incidents as they become public is important in order to record these attacks and identify – where possible – the harm and risks for civilian populations. Cyberattacks affect people and risk lives. Civilian populations are protected under international humanitarian law.

The important legal principles of distinction (distinguish at all times between military objectives and civilian objects) and proportionality (prohibit attacks expected to cause excessive civilian harm) have a direct bearing on cyber operations during armed conflicts in order to protect the civilian population against the effects of such operations.

In recent weeks there has been a significant escalation in the number of reported cyberattacks against Ukrainian institutions, organizations and the wider population. Ukraine is no stranger to being on the receiving-end of cyberattacks and the timeline below tracks the most significant incidents to date.

The targeting of critical infrastructure raises particular concern as this infrastructure is essential for the survival of the civilian population. Attacks on infrastructure such as energy, water, healthcare, financial institutions, transport and communication services can have devastating consequences on the civilian population.
ebm/ bbm
From the article:

I don't agree with this. He may do more harm than good. jmo.

I think you mean...everybody who wants to go has admirable feelings and good thoughts, but is not fit/equipped/trained for it and shouldn't go because of that.

Ukraine invasion: Russians feel the pain of international sanctions

I don't think that the regular Russian citizens are supporting the invasion of Ukraine.
Some are as they're being told it was Ukraine that invaded Russia. As crazy as that sounds, when all the news media that's left is confirming that rhetoric, a good percentage of people believe it. I think the older generation, especially those kess technologically savy, are vulnerable to being hoodwinked by Putin's media.

Ahhh ok
But this is my point about how heartwarming it is to see the countries of the world collectively and cohesively joining together to support Ukraine in so many different ways rather than just put soldiers on the ground. So many innovative and smart ways are being implemented to stop Putin and it’s heartwarming to see this and the support for the people of Ukraine and bigger than that, to ensure another WW is prevented by not allowing rogue nations to attack for the purposes of a land grab or because of wanting to replicate what once was . It seems that we are all doing our bit, Even countries that I wouldn’t have believed would support Ukraine yet they are. The global impact is massive and in a positive way which has risen from the negativity of war crimes and destruction being perpetrated

Yet a couple of days ago our foreign secretary was saying that they would be supportive of them going to Ukraine to assist in the pushback of Russian invasion ????

I'm losing it a bit on this @Angleterre...I'm not sure about the contradicting messages.

The mayor: Russian troops are approaching Kyiv

Kiev Mayor Vitali Klitschko states that large Russian troops are now approaching the capital.

- We are prepared and we will defend Kyiv, he writes in a post, reports Reuters.

- Kyiv stands and will continue to stand.

Ukrainian authorities have sent out a message on the Telegram service that flight alarms have been announced over Kyiv.

The city's mayor, Vitaly Klychko, writes that humanitarian aid has been sent to the city of Bucha, which is defending itself from Russian troops on the outskirts of Kyiv. These include medicines, bandages, hygiene products and baby food.

A nearly 60-mile-long Russian military convoy has in recent days approached the capital of Ukraine.”

Kriget i Ukraina

Former Ukrainian biathlete dies in war - 19-year-old

Yevhen Malyshev, 19, died in battle after Russia's invasion of Ukraine. This was announced by the Ukrainian Biathlon Federation last night.

The former Ukrainian biathlete is now mourned by the biathlon world. "Rest in peace", writes the Ukrainian biathlete Dmytro Pidruchny on Instagram.”

RIP:(
Skidskytte: Tidigare ukrainsk skidskyttetalang död i kriget

sbm
I think you mean...everybody who wants to go has admirable feelings and good thoughts, but is not fit/equipped/trained for it and shouldn't go because of that.
Something like that. He obviously has a good heart, but he might get in the way of others who know what to do and how to move etc. It didn't say if he had hunting/ shooting experience though, hopefully he does.

I don't think Canada can take the credit for that. The ICC Prosecutor had already opened the investigation Monday, Feb 28. It seems Canada's Foreign Minister Mme Joly was a day behind with her statement on Tuesday, March 1.
Ahhh ok
Oh dear....

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers head to the Ukrainian embassy to sign up to fight Putin | Daily Mail Online

British 'Lads' Army' volunteers eager to take on Vladimir Putin's Russian forces could be prosecuted under UK terror laws if they go out to fight in Ukraine, Boris Johnson today hinted.

Groups of men have gathered outside the Ukrainian embassy in west London to answer Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky call to arms for foreign fighters to join his country's defence against Russia.
I'm losing it a bit on this @Angleterre...I'm not sure about the contradicting messages.
me neither

The mayor: Russian troops are approaching Kyiv

Kiev Mayor Vitali Klitschko states that large Russian troops are now approaching the capital.

- We are prepared and we will defend Kyiv, he writes in a post, reports Reuters.

- Kyiv stands and will continue to stand.

Ukrainian authorities have sent out a message on the Telegram service that flight alarms have been announced over Kyiv.

The city's mayor, Vitaly Klychko, writes that humanitarian aid has been sent to the city of Bucha, which is defending itself from Russian troops on the outskirts of Kyiv. These include medicines, bandages, hygiene products and baby food.

A nearly 60-mile-long Russian military convoy has in recent days approached the capital of Ukraine.”

Kriget i Ukraina

Also on this I'm confused...the convoy seems to get longer and longer. This can be true off course...but could also be media reporting, making it bigger. Other reports say the convoy has come to a stand-still and hasn't moved for a while.

sbm

Something like that. He obviously has a good heart, but he might get in the way of others who know what to do and how to move etc. It didn't say if he had hunting/ shooting experience though, hopefully he does.

I understand, but there are a lot of Ukrainian civilians, taking up weapons, who are never trained for it.

Also on this I'm confused...the convoy seems to get longer and longer. This can be true off course...but could also be media reporting, making it bigger. Other reports say the convoy has come to a stand-still and hasn't moved for a while.

Yes I agree it’s a bit confusing. It has been reported by swedish media site which I trust but there could be misinformation ( not on purpose of course) there are many things that are contradictory since the beginning.

Also speculation that this convoy is stationary and posing this prolonged threat in order to provoke the Ukrainians to fire onto them. This would be the story then reported by Putin that his tanks were attacked....trying to justify (yet again) this false narrative in his reasoning.

Also speculation that this convoy is stationary and posing this prolonged threat in order to provoke the Ukrainians to fire onto them. This would be the story then reported by Putin that his tanks were attacked....trying to justify (yet again) this false narrative in his reasoning.

As far a I know...the experts say...I'm not, the Russians own the sky....and an attack on the convoy can't be done because of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member