Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russians reportedly bringing bio-chem weapon suits into Ukraine, US official says
A senior administration official told ABC News Friday that the U.S. is getting reports the Russians are starting to bring in biochemical weapon suits into Ukraine.

The reports comes as the Russians accuse Ukraine and the U.S. of developing biochemical weapons, which the U.S. has denied.

"We believe it is an ominous sign they are possibly doing it for cover," the official said.

According to the official, as much as one-fifth of the Russian force is currently "inoperable," meaning they are either dead, wounded or do not have the support or equipment needed to continue.

But even though the Russians are bogged down they realize that everything depends on taking Kyiv and continue to put all effort into that, according to the official.

There are also concerns about boxing Putin in as well as his consistent and casual mention of nuclear weapons. According to the official, that is one of the reasons he has not been publicly labeled as a war criminal because "we just don't know what he will do."

Russia-Ukraine live updates: Putin says 'certain positive movements' in negotiations

"F" bombs !
Marie Yovanovitch Sends a Message to Putin with Bracelet | PEOPLE.com
March 11, 2022
''Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch had a four-letter message to send Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday — all without saying anything at all.

Appearing on Thursday's episode of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the 63-year-old Yovanovitch wore a beaded bracelet featuring the phrase "F--- You Putin."

Yovanovitch was on the show to promote her new memoir, Lessons From the Edge, when Colbert said he "noticed you have a bracelet there, a rather unusual bracelet."

"If you don't want to say it, I just noticed what it says," he said.

Yovanovitch wryly responded: "I'm going to let you say it, because I'm the diplomat."

"It says, 'F--- you, Putin,' " the host told her.''

UN Security Council meeting adjourned.

Some notes (far from comprehensive as I was doing other things).

British representative says we must not allow Russia to misuse its permanent seat on the Security Council to disseminate disinformation and lies

Ireland regrets that Russia called this Security Council meeting simply to make baseless allegations

Norway says Russia misused its Security Council veto

(No one is giving Russia the time of day basically)

Until...

China says we need a political solution and China will play its part in peace talks. China dislikes WMDs incl biological and chemical weapons, encourages those countries that have not yet destroyed their stockpiles of these weapons to do so asap. China thinks info released by Russia is 'relevant'. Concerns raised by Russia should be 'properly addressed' blah blah. Destroy pathogens in labs in order to stop spread of infectious diseases etc.

Kenya says the sanctions and counter-sanctions are threatening the world's food supply. Need a ceasefire and dialogue. Recognise Ukraine's sovereignty, independence and borders.

US says we're not going to give any more air time to Russia's nonsense (in so many words).

Russia says speakers have not addressed the substance of its claims re biological weapons. Says US is throwing thunderbolts and accusing Russia of propaganda. Brings up the Russian claim that the maternity hospital bombing was misrepresented by Ukraine as it wasn't being used as a hospital. Says Ukraine is faking other stuff basically. Says Russia did not start this war, Ukraine did eight years ago.

Ukraine speaker disputes Russia's take on everything. Gives an update on one of the mothers from the bombed hospital who gave birth (I think, didn't hear that bit properly). Russia is perpetuating humanitarian crimes. Gives several examples. Says Russia is whitewashing the war against Ukraine. Russian aggression threatens us all.

Saturday night live anyone? Jmo

rbbm.
Biological weapons (international.gc.ca)
''The nature and severity of biological threats has grown in recent years. The COVID-19 pandemic has now highlighted the potentially catastrophic impacts of a deliberate biological event. Unknown viruses affected almost every country, sector and population. Concerns are growing that the pandemic’s unprecedented scale and reach could inspire terrorists and states of proliferation concern to turn to biological weapons. UN Secretary General Guterres has underscored this threat, warning that:

“terrorist groups may see a window of opportunity to strike while the attention of most governments is turned towards the pandemic … (and) the weaknesses and lack of preparedness exposed by this pandemic provide a window onto how a bioterrorist attack might unfold – and may increase its risks. Non-state groups could gain access to virulent strains that could pose similar devastation to societies around the globe”.

Bioterrorism (interpol.int)
"Bioterrorism refers to the intentional release of biological agents or toxins for the purpose of harming or killing humans, animals or plants with the intent to intimidate or coerce a government or civilian population to further political or social objectives."INTERPOL Bioterrorism incident pre-planning and response guide''

''Officers working in the fields of intelligence, counter-terrorism investigation and cybercrime are able to use this manual as a reference document that outlines the basic concepts, best international practices, as well as techniques and procedures useful for both investigators and analysts when conducting Darknet investigations associated with the acquisition of biological and chemical agents.''

Analysing social media (interpol.int)
“Once terrorist information is shared at the global level, every traffic check, passport control or random search holds the potential for a break in a terrorism investigation or to foil a plot.”Jürgen Stock, INTERPOL Secretary General''

It's ongoing. The Russian representative is making his allegations now about anthrax, plague, cholera, bats, etc. Maybe refresh the video link?

Liked the speech of the UK representative.
It's ongoing. The Russian representative is making his allegations now about anthrax, plague, cholera, bats, etc. Maybe refresh the video link?

I feel so much for the Ukrainian representative.....saying that the so called fake news spread by Russia maternal hospital bombed was a military target and the woman had fake wounds...has given birth to a girl, called Veronica. Kudos to this pretty little wonder....I wish the circumstances would have been different.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Russians reportedly bringing bio-chem weapon suits into Ukraine, US official says
A senior administration official told ABC News Friday that the U.S. is getting reports the Russians are starting to bring in biochemical weapon suits into Ukraine.

The reports comes as the Russians accuse Ukraine and the U.S. of developing biochemical weapons, which the U.S. has denied.

"We believe it is an ominous sign they are possibly doing it for cover," the official said.

According to the official, as much as one-fifth of the Russian force is currently "inoperable," meaning they are either dead, wounded or do not have the support or equipment needed to continue.

But even though the Russians are bogged down they realize that everything depends on taking Kyiv and continue to put all effort into that, according to the official.

There are also concerns about boxing Putin in as well as his consistent and casual mention of nuclear weapons. According to the official, that is one of the reasons he has not been publicly labeled as a war criminal because "we just don't know what he will do."

Russia-Ukraine live updates: Putin says 'certain positive movements' in negotiations
Ok bringing in hazmat suits for whom? All the Russians in Ukraine? That's a LOT of suits. Or just for the officers and the conscripted soldiers will also perish and who cares?
Is the world really going to just sit by and watch the steps unfold for that to happen?

<modsnip: No link to info stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked the speech of the UK representative.

I feel so much for the Ukrainian representative.....saying that the so called fake news spread by Russia maternal hospital bombed was a military target and the woman had fake wounds...has given birth to a girl, called Veronica. Kudos to this pretty little wonder....I wish the circumstances would have been different.
Oh thanks for that. I thought he said she had safely given birth but when I tried to rewind to hear properly it didn't work. Best of luck to little baby Veronica and her mother!

Have to go and rest now...sleep? I don't know...to be honest I'm so afraid the Russians are going to attack Kiev tonight....or destroying other cities and the civilians in them.....IMO they will not stop until Ukraine is on their knees.....

From this report, Putin is doing some "housecleaning" in his Intelligence and Military units

Putin places head of the FSB's foreign intelligence branch under house arrest | Daily Mail Online

One Intelligence leader and two military leaders sacked.

One can only conclude that he sees that he has to punish someone for the failures in his Ukrainian plans, to deflect from his own failures.

Again, the Chinese officials must be making significant note of the multiple mistakes in his plan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member