Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very interesting that MM reported Samantha missing Only two hours after she failed to return home at 9 am
She was reported missing at around 11 am

Normally you would go out and do a good search, get some mates in 4WDs and walk around and have a good look where she might have gone or if she had fallen on the path

And normally you would give it still a couple of hours more, before you carried out a good search, just in case she might have decided to walk back etc, and then after that call the police

but it seems too soon for the police to have been called

The police would be able to track if any calls and messages were made to her phone or friend's phones from him in a worry concern, as there would be numerous calls and messages made

Unless of course he knew she wasn't in there
I agree, it was a strange option IMO. Even if you didn’t know her specific route, quick phone calls to family and friends sounds like he could’ve organised a decent search party as they were extremely popular in town.

And if there’s no queue when you arrive at the police station, there’s probably two hours of paperwork before they even start to to organise some patrols to go out there and start looking.

Unless of course, they were aware of threats against them, then this course of action wouldn’t be unusual.

Hey Nifty. I've heard that he was called by friends saying she didn't turn up for brunch at 1pm and he reported her missing at that time. But, still it was a bit soon, IMO. Unless SM had recently had threats or MM received ransom note. Or as you say, unless he knew she wasn't in there. All these conflicting times are so frustrating. Police are tight lipped.

The planned brunch was at 11am, it was a family brunch. This is one of the few things we know for sure, IMO.

Ms Murphy's family earlier revealed how her husband Michael Murphy raised the alarm when she failed to return in time for a planned family brunch.

Ms Murphy's uncle and aunt, Allan and Janice Robson, told Daily Mail Australia Mr Murphy made the call to police himself two hours after she failed to return home at 9am on February 4.

'She was reported missing at about 11am. Mick reported her missing. He said she was supposed to be back to go to some sort of meeting that morning,' Allan said.

Hey Nifty. I've heard that he was called by friends saying she didn't turn up for brunch at 1pm and he reported her missing at that time. But, still it was a bit soon, IMO. Unless SM had recently had threats or MM received ransom note. Or as you say, unless he knew she wasn't in there. All these conflicting times are so frustrating. Police are tight lipped.
Could be that family called it early because they had good reason to be worried about her safety . Previous threats of violence etc etc

It’s possible there was a planned meeting with friends, before the family lunch, they may have called MM when SM didn’t show.

IMO the timeline is something like this:

7am to 9am, SM out for a jog, MM home with kids.

9am to 11am, MM likely calling SM, searching, the movements to and from the house the police mentioned.

11am reported missing. Something caused enough worry for police to immediately react. There was a search plane in the air by 3.30pm.

It seems an extraordinary reaction time. People can wait hours for an ambulance these days.

It’s possible there was a planned meeting with friends, before the family lunch, they may have called MM when SM didn’t show.

IMO the timeline is something like this:

7am to 9am, SM out for a jog, MM home with kids.

9am to 11am, MM likely calling SM, searching, the movements to and from the house the police mentioned.

11am reported missing. Something caused enough worry for police to immediately react. There was a search plane in the air by 3.30pm.

It seems an extraordinary reaction time. People can wait hours for an ambulance these days.
Very quick action from police … I think police obviously had very good reason to be very worried about SM safety . The question is what was that ?
- previous violence/threats against her ?
- some sort of evidence at the house ?

I do remember quick action being taken with disappearance of Allison Baden Clay . Her husband reported her missing at line 8am after she didn’t return from a 5am ‘walk’ and I am pretty sure they were out looking for her that day .

I think the weather forecast got the police out there early. And got the family and friends very concerned.

If they had all waited until morning and Sam was laying injured and incapacitated due to a snake bite or fall, the high temps mean that Sam may have been deceased by the next day or whenever she was found.

imo

Last edited:
I know this is far-fetched, but what if Sam was working for the police, trying to get evidence against someone in a illegal car racket of some sort? I know, it sounds silly, but it could explain a few things, like the early call to LE, and their rapid response.

Does anyone know how deep these pools of water are? Haven't heard of divers looking. Police maybe know where she is, because they aren't actively looking for her. MOO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302-150913.png
    Screenshot_20240302-150913.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 12
I know this is far-fetched, but what if Sam was working for the police, trying to get evidence against someone in an illegal car racket of some sort? I know, it sounds silly, but it could explain a few things, like the early call to LE, and their rapid response.
I tend to think it will be more obvious IMOO

Assuming this case is typical, the answer is probably all of the above.

Some of them are probably anonymous, but many won't be. Some will be afraid of the police or of retaliation by the person they're reporting; others will be gloating at the chance to get revenge on somebody they don't like. Most of them will be sincere. Some of them will be people looking for attention or hoping to get somebody else into trouble.

Probably a lot of them will be "I thought she was acting funny when I saw her two weeks ago" or "The same car parks outside the fence every Thursday afternoon for two hours," or "Did you look into that fire south of town? That looks awfully suspicious to me" or "I'll bet it's those bikies" etc.

They all have to be checked, no matter how pointless they seem. With a woman like Sam, who had lots of activities and friends, I'm surprised there aren't more than 500 tips.

I’m curious about this too.

Looking at Crimestoppers website, it seems staff there sort tips out and then refer to the police.

I’m assuming they don’t forward tips like; psychic visions, dreams, general theories?

So I would assume the 500 tips is the whittled down version?

Not sure if Crimestoppers or the police even respond to tipsters unless they want further info?

Yes, you are right.
They have so many hours of cctv to wade through - like thousands?
How many officers can be engaged to do this?
It is tiring job - I mean,
so many hrs in front of the screen make eyes hurt terribly.

I think they use AI tools to assist with analysing cctv stuff now.

I know this is far-fetched, but what if Sam was working for the police, trying to get evidence against someone in a illegal car racket of some sort? I know, it sounds silly, but it could explain a few things, like the early call to LE, and their rapid response.
That's different from my silly thought, which was that all the other crimes on their books were by police or connections of police, so they had plenty of time and interest for a new one.

Could be that family called it early because they had good reason to be worried about her safety . Previous threats of violence etc etc

No, I think it's odd, too soon

But the police will know for sure now if there were any missed calls and messages on her phone and his

Sam was reported missing at about 11am. Mick reported her missing.

He said she was supposed to be back to go to some sort of meeting that morning,' Allan said.

This Allan is saying some sort of meeting ?

But MM said it was a family brunch ?

Seeing Allan seems to know everything, why is there a difference of events ?

From Allan again.... 'She wasn't home. Didn't go to it... MM rang up and reported it and after that they started looking out the other side of Buninyong, which is 20-30km away.'

Why would you go all that way 20.30km to 'supposedly' look when It's nowhere near home ?

And they would have known she was going for a short run, due to having something on at 11 am,

so she would have to be back earlier to shower, get ready etc before then

Might MM have known something was happening to Sam at Mt Chance at around 8am ?

And he didn't want to go anywhere near there to search, supposedly with his kids, close to home ?

But calls the police at around 11 am,

it could show he is a concerned husband

Did he receive a call ?..... It's done ! ??

I think it's a bit odd, something is not right in all of this

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she was abducted near a road for convenience. She crossed 4 roads between home and disappearing. The red line is an approximation, the dot is Boak Road. Roads are partially marked in purple.

How close to the roads are the mineshafts?

I lean towards one person who saw her jogging, figured out her routine, figured out a convenient time for him to abduct her, and abducted her quickly and efficiently. I think she left the area in a vehicle, involuntarily.

View attachment 487378

Do you know if the areas shaded in green are all forest, public bushlands? Or does it include private properties like farms and acreages?

To think of it....

Is there a woman with no secrets? :rolleyes:

Exactly! I’m around SM’s age and some of the various rumours - affairs, divorce, financial difficulties, illness, family disagreements, are not unusual by the time you get to 50. If it hasn’t happened to you, it’s happened to someone you know.

None of these rumours might be true, but even if one was, it may have nothing to do with her disappearance.

I find it very interesting that MM reported Samantha missing Only two hours after she failed to return home at 9 am
She was reported missing at around 11 am

Normally you would go out and do a good search, get some mates in 4WDs and walk around and have a good look where she might have gone or if she had fallen on the path

And normally you would give it still a couple of hours more, before you carried out a good search, just in case she might have decided to walk back etc, and then after that call the police

but it seems too soon for the police to have been called

The police would be able to track if any calls and messages were made to her phone or friend's phones from him in a worry concern, as there would be numerous calls and messages made

Unless of course he knew she wasn't in there

I don’t find it strange at all, and I’m kind of worried about the number of people who wouldn’t contact police.

I’m a mum, around SM’s age, and I’m extremely reliable. You can always get me on my phone. If I don’t answer immediately I get back to you promptly. Unless you’re a telemarketer.

I always contact my husband or sons to let them know if I’m going be longer than I said, or if there’s a change in plans.

If I went for a run and then was due back to go out for brunch, and I didn’t return AND didn’t answer my phone, somethings seriously wrong.

Bit different if I said I was going out with friends for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr