SC SC - Amber Berbiglia, 23, North Myrtle Beach, 3 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Justice for Amber Facebook Group run by her sister

https://www.facebook.com/justiceforambam

thanks for the link..not too familiar with the details of the case but I skimmed through the threads and read she put up a big fight with her attacker, So I'm a little dismayed that there was no DNA recovered off the body or off of a weapon if one was found (not sure on the last point as I thought the weapon was a stone but that was disputed). The LE agency has to be undermanned/underfunded for this many missing persons/ perps not to be found. The locals really should be concerned...

I am a 22 year old female and I live in Little River and work in NMB a few minutes from where Amber's body was found. Her case as well as Heather Elvis' case has stuck with me..
Something I have noticed since moving to LR (from Charleston in August of last year) is the HUGE homeless population, mainly in NMB... and I mean huge. I was shocked at how many homeless I see on a daily basis here. Unfortunately, many suffer from mental illness and/or are using drugs. We have unfortunately had an issue with them where I work on HWY 17 in NMB, and the Lowes Improvement store near my work has issues with them constantly.

Anyways, I wonder if something happened with a homeless person... whether they were pretending to be injured and she tried to help them, they jumped in front of her car (this has happened to ME before in NMB...) and she got out to help or something and they took advantage of her. Was anything stolen from the vehicle? Just a theory...

People here, especially women for obvious reasons, are very nervous though. Wish the police were more open about the case.

I am new to this case and I think you raise a very valid possibility. Thanks for posting on this thread. So much info seems to be withheld or LE simply does not know.

I'm somewhat inclined to think it was road rage.

I'm somewhat inclined to think it was road rage.

I just received a notice on FB about being careful when you think you are being pulled over by an unmarked police car that is not actually LE. The alert goes on to tell you what to do if you are alone in a car and get pulled over. It just seems so strange to me that the victim's cars in the latest missing/deaths are untouched. No sign of a struggle, etc. Just seems strange to me that unless a woman alone knew someone why would they stop. Why wouldn't they dial 911 if they were not sure. jmo

I am new to this case and I think you raise a very valid possibility. Thanks for posting on this thread. So much info seems to be withheld or LE simply does not know.

It just seems there are so many missing from here and LE is lost. A coworker of mine lives in Conway SC (about half an hour away from MB) and she said a few years ago a woman was nabbed in broad daylight from a Walmart parking lot. A few years later they found her body in the woods and they haven't solved her case... Wish she had remembered her name so I could look up the case.

Another possibility is that a "snow bird" or vacationer is doing this... There are so many people that own second homes down here and are here for extended periods throughout the year but not a "permanent" resident. I don't know that this is the case for Amber or even Heather Elvis but I would think possibly for the Drexel case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just seems there are so many missing from here and LE is lost. A coworker of mine lives in Conway SC (about half an hour away from MB) and she said a few years ago a woman was nabbed in broad daylight from a Walmart parking lot. A few years later they found her body in the woods and they haven't solved her case... Wish she had remembered her name so I could look up the case.

Another possibility is that a "snow bird" or vacationer is doing this... There are so many people that own second homes down here and are here for extended periods throughout the year but not a "permanent" resident. I don't know that this is the case for Amber or even Heather Elvis but I would think possibly for the Drexel case.

Welcome, Meglor

:welcome:
:Welcome1:
:greetings:

I just received a notice on FB about being careful when you think you are being pulled over by an unmarked police car that is not actually LE. The alert goes on to tell you what to do if you are alone in a car and get pulled over. It just seems so strange to me that the victim's cars in the latest missing/deaths are untouched. No sign of a struggle, etc. Just seems strange to me that unless a woman alone knew someone why would they stop. Why wouldn't they dial 911 if they were not sure. jmo

I was thinking somebody who rammed her and then when she got out to look at the damage, lost it and attacked her.

Meglor, the Walmart case with the woman-Alice Donovan- was solved.

Meglor, the Walmart case with the woman-Alice Donovan- was solved.

Ah, my coworker must not have known this. At least it has been solved!

Yeah, I was in college at the time. I'm originally from Little River and I remember the case vividly. It was a very scary time there, just as I am sure it is now.

Yeah, I was in college at the time. I'm originally from Little River and I remember the case vividly. It was a very scary time there, just as I am sure it is now.

NMB is growing rapidly and Little River just seems to be having a difficult time catching up (maybe because it isn't incorporated?). I live off of Mineola/HWY 50 and this area is rough. My boyfriends mother was so concerned with the area she pays for us to have a security system. No one has bothered us personally, but with all this going on you really can't be too sure.

I was thinking somebody who rammed her and then when she got out to look at the damage, lost it and attacked her.

To play devil's advocate, if someone rammed her from behind, why would the be mad at HER?

The road rage theory also must account for a murder weapon of some kind. I'm not sure someone would ram from behind then get out and attack the person?

I just don't see the road rage theory being viable. Not on that road.

Just my 2 cents.

WELCOME locals. So very glad to have you here.

A few questions, if you would be so kind?

1. Why do people use that Old Sanders road?

2. Where would someone be coming from, to be travelling WEST on that road?

3. Are there commonly LE speed traps on the Parkway?

4. Excellent point about the homeless, and when I was asking about fencing, I was wondering about the homeless. There is a very large building, if you are travelling WEST on Old Sanders, just prior to the bridge recovery location, on the left/south side. It is/was for sale. It looks like the type of place where vagrants might live. Also, there is a little shelter spot near there too. I will post pictures. Do you guys know of any homeless known to live near overpasses?

So. With the ultra creepy fake LEO sexually assaulting females, and still on the loose in the MB area, I am really actually leaning towards this in my theories these days - again.

I believe the murder weapon on Amber could be a maglight flashlight. Not sure if the LEO'S carry them in the U.S., but, in Canada they are standard issue. Extremely heavy. Many a murder has been committed with one. Handy to have in a car, and not alarming at all.

I am not even sure it's a fake LEO that is operating, if you kwim.

A flashing light in a young woman's mirror, would cause panic, and complete compliance immediately.

23660813_BG1.jpg

Police release sketch of suspected sexual assailant
Posted: Oct 10, 2013 4:13 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 11, 2013 10:04 AM EDT
By Brooke Whitson - email

If you can identify this man, call 915-TIPS. (Source: Horry County Police)

CONWAY, SC (WMBF) - Horry County Police have released a sketch of a man they say abducted a girl in Conway and sexually assaulted her.

The State Law Enforcement Division created this composite sketch of the man. Police say the female victim was abducted around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday from Woodward Drive and taken just outside the city where she was sexually assaulted by this unknown man. The victim told police the man held a knife to her throat when he attacked her. She told police she kicked and punched the suspect and was able to get away.

An Horry County Police report describes the white man as "older in age" and skinny with black wire glasses. The report says he has a small build. He was allegedly wearing black pants, a black cowboy hat and a blue plaid shirt. He may be driving a gray truck with cream interior and tinted windows.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23660813/police-release-sketch-of-suspected-seuxal-assailant

Update: Sketch Made of Fake Cop Accused of Sex Assault
8:08 PM, Oct 23, 2013 |

131023083841_springdale.jpg

Springdale, SC (WLTX) - Springdale police need your help finding the man who impersonated a police officer and sexually assaulted a woman.

Wednesday night, they released a sketch of the suspect.

The incident happened at approximately 8:30 Tuesday night on Wattling Road.

Springdale Police Chief Kevin Cornett says the man pulled his victim over using a blue light on his dashboard and told her she was pulled over because the tag lamp was out. He then asked her to step out of the vehicle, punched her and took her to a wooded area where he sexually assaulted her. Cornett says the suspect then got back into his vehicle and drove away.

The suspect was wearing a black t-shirt with "POLICE" written on the front, a black wind breaker style jacket and khaki pants. He's described as a white male, in his early twenties to mid-thirties, with light brown or red hair, light colored eyebrows and no facial hair. The suspect's vehicle is a small four door compact car that appears to be newer and a small blue light on the dashboard.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/253857/2/Police-Man-Impersonating-Officer-Sexually-Assaults-Woman

To play devil's advocate, if someone rammed her from behind, why would the be mad at HER?

The road rage theory also must account for a murder weapon of some kind. I'm not sure someone would ram from behind then get out and attack the person?

I just don't see the road rage theory being viable. Not on that road.

Just my 2 cents.

Two possibilities: he thought it was her fault (maybe she stopped abruptly or something) or he was already mad at her and that's why he followed her and rammed her.

He probably wasn't thinking murder, and when things escalated grabbed whatever was to hand. One of the articles mentions a rock.

Road rage is weird. The person really is insane. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-life-aggressive-driver-rammed-head-SUV.html

I think rage is certainly indicated here, I just don't think it's ROAD rage. Looks like someone somehow got her to stop her car, pulled her out and just beat the carp out of her. Then got back in their car and took off. Wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes.

When my daughter had her girl's night for her wedding, they got rooms just down the street from where the event was so they wouldn't have to drive after it was over. If Amber was running errands, then taking a friend home (?) it could explain why she was on that road. And if she was driving WEST, as implied upthread, she would have already dropped the friend off and was heading back to the HWY.

Someone following her, unnoticed, maybe with an agenda, could easily have pulled their car in front of hers to make her stop, pulled her out and unloaded on her. That kind of damage to the face/head is usually personal.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back