Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump for Brit rochester news just had some video on the CUE fundraiser for Britt and BrianS. I'll post it when it is up on their site

The Drexel and Sullivan families: "Not a club you want to be in"
Posted at: 08/23/2010 7:10 AM | Updated at: 08/23/2010 10:50 PM
By: Berkeley Brean | WHEC.com

The parents of Brian Sullivan and Brittanee Drexel have two things in common.

They live in Chili.

And one of their children is missing.

And because they're going through something that only they can relate to, the Sullivans and the Drexels have forged a new friendship.

Two years ago Dawn Drexel and Barbara Sullivan had no idea who the other was. But now they share a common bond -- a missing child. Drexel's daughter Brittanee disappeared in Myrtle Beach in April 2009. Sullivan's son Brian was last scene at a Burger King in Gates three years ago.

"Some days might be a little bit better but still when you wake up every morning and you realize he's still missing, it's hard. it's very hard," Sullivan said.

It's not that the two of them are inseparable, but they have developed a close relationship.

"She's like my sister now. It's funny," Sullivan said. "We lean on each other."

"Barb and (Brian's father) Dan are wonderful," Dawn Drexel said. "It's great to have someone else to talk to that knows what you're going through. They're like family to us."

"It's not a club you want to be in but it's a supportive club," Chad Drexel, Brittanee's father, said. "Support each other when we can."

Tonight it was a big family get-together. A fundraiser for the agency that is trying to find both Brian and Brittanee. Close to 150 people showed up, donated money and bought raffle tickets. But eventually the party ends and the Sullivan's and Drexels are left with each other.

"So together we're trying to do this to keep our children's name out there," Sullivan said. "And hopefully this won't happen to somebody else."

The group getting money tonight is called the Cue Center. It's lead a lot of the searches for Brittanee down in South Carolina. The Cue Center helped close a 28 year missing person cold case last year. The year before it helped solve an 11 year cold case.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

Awww... I've been checking on this post every day since the beginning, hoping for some news... It seems that every time there seems to be a spark of hope, it just frizzles out and dies. I can't imagine how frustrated and grieved Brittanee's friends and family must feel, just wanted to check in and let Brit know that I'm still thinking of her, and praying that her family will soon find some sense of peace in closure. R.I.P sweet girl. :angel:

Justice4Closure, you know and I know that after this amount of time that Britt is most likely not with us anymore. Still, when I saw your RIP I got angry; not at you though (so please don't take it the wrong way). I don't know why. I guess deep down I still have some glimmer of hope that she might be found alive. Hey, it's happened before, right?

Wherever you are baby girl there's so many people that have come to love you and we won't ever forget you. We'll find you and hopefully soon.

Oh noooooooooooooo!!!! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to post the R.I.P that was sooooooo stupid of me! I've been reading another message board and was still carrying the tragedy and sadness of a previous story in my heart and mind! Please forgive me for my stupidity, and of course I hope with all my heart that brittanee is still alive somewhere, it's not unheard of for a missing person to turn up even years after the fact. Damn I feel such an idiot!!!:banghead:

I didn't mean to make you feel that way Justice4Closure. It's okay. We get involved with so many people that are missing, caring about them all, that it's easy to forget which thread you're posting on.

Oh noooooooooooooo!!!! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to post the R.I.P that was sooooooo stupid of me! I've been reading another message board and was still carrying the tragedy and sadness of a previous story in my heart and mind! Please forgive me for my stupidity, and of course I hope with all my heart that brittanee is still alive somewhere, it's not unheard of for a missing person to turn up even years after the fact. Damn I feel such an idiot!!!:banghead:

Justice, this just shows you are a very caring person, and it is hard to switch around on some of these cases and obviously your heart is in the right place. Hugs.

Justice, this just shows you are a very caring person, and it is hard to switch around on some of these cases and obviously your heart is in the right place. Hugs.

Ditto what Strawberry said Justice. These cases get to all of us after awhile. I take days off from posting sometimes when it gets me down. We have a great group here who talks openly with one another. Hugs to you for joining the discussion and I hope you will continue to contribute.

Where are you Brittanee? We will not stop looking until you are found, sweetie.

(((wm)))

Thanks so much peeps, I'm always astounded by the huge amount of care, compassion and tireless researching websleuth members put into a case, not to mention the support you offer the families involved, thanks so much for all you do for the families and their loved ones, I don't care how long it takes, I'll keep checking back on this post in the hope that there'll be some news to help bring some sense of closure to it all. :heart:

Hi Everyone!

Hi Brittanee,

You're my first thought in the morning and in my last prayer each night. Good night, Brittnee.....we are coming for you!

Bumps for Britt!

Sept is rapidly approaching. Does anyone remember when ST's court date is set?

TIA

wm

Bumps for Britt!

Sept is rapidly approaching. Does anyone remember when ST's court date is set?

TIA

wm

His hearing for sentence etc is Sept
The trial was set for 1 p.m. Sept. 3 in Conway.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html#ixzz0xvI3UQKp

and down here in sc we havnt heard nothing on bd since last reporting in news sad so im really looking forward to this hearing, again i bet he pays a fine etc no jail time,i hope im wrong,,,,,this hearing suppose be friday coming,,,

His hearing for sentence etc is Sept
The trial was set for 1 p.m. Sept. 3 in Conway.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html#ixzz0xvI3UQKp

and down here in sc we havnt heard nothing on bd since last reporting in news sad so im really looking forward to this hearing, again i bet he pays a fine etc no jail time,i hope im wrong,,,,,this hearing suppose be friday coming,,,

Thanks bunches RoseC! I was too el. aye. zee. why. - lazy, to search back thru the thread for the info.

I am really looking forward to this hearing also. I hope it is a catalyst to get things moving forward in Britt's case.

Come on ST, give it up......we just wish to bring Britt home and this is your opportunity to do the right thing!!! MOO but I just feel like he knows something about Britt's disappearance.

Friday, 9/3 at 1pm. Mark the date folks! (Gosh I wish I could drive down there for the hearing!)

all Moo

wm

Hi Everyone!

While we are all waiting, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about doing something for Brittanee's birthday. Again, I believe her birthday is October 7th.
I think we should go ahead and start planning if we actually want to do something. I know everyone can't come down to SC or up to NY,and we should probably think of ways for everyone to contribute who wants to do so.
My problem is that I know no one directly involved in Brittanee's case, and I would NEVER want to overstep my bounds or do something that would upset the family or harm the case.
So, what I'm saying is that I would like your expertice and your ideas/opinions.

Thanks!

Dear krista and all,

I had a remarkable experience the other day that I wish to share with you.

One day earlier this week I was pondering ideas that I could do for Britt's b'day from my home, since I doubt i could travel to Mb at this time. I stepped out on my deck overlooking the ICW (it's a canal really which connects with the ICW) and thought about what I could/would to commerate this occasion. I thought about lighting a candle, I thought about writing a note to Britt and sealing it in a bottle and hurling it out to sea, I thought about getting ahold of some butterflies thru the internet and releasing them. Many ideas were going through my mind including lighting sparklers and writing Brittanee's name in the air!

Suddenly, I noticed all these yellow and monarch butterflies began flying by. It seemed like millions but was probably more like thousands. It was surreal and it gave me hope. I must have watched for at least an hour. There must have been a 'hatch' somewhere close by which would explain it, but this whole experience gave me a sense of comfort and confidence that Britt's disappearance will be solved.

I hope this is not too 'heavy' for everyone as I have mulled over sharing this for several days now. I just hope and pray for some 'Divine intervention' in Britt's case.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member