Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they know where Brittanee's cell phone went, can't they subpoena records of their top people of interest to see if they left town and it matches up? I'm pretty sure you don't have receive a call to get a ping off a cell tower. Cells ping towers all the time. And I'm also sure they didn't call every friend they knew and say "Don't text me for the next few hours. I'll be up to no good."

Or get the reports of every cell phone that pinged that remote tower that night and go from there.

Well, with PB being the last person to see her, I'm sure they've gotten his records one way or another. I believe he was very forthcoming with any information too, because LE was quick to say that they didn't really consider him as a POI even though he lawyered up. But I'd really love to know what the phone records of RM or any of the other kids who traveled there look like. I know the girls lawyered up once arriving home also, so i'm assuming LE has most likely already checked out those records, but we obviously don't know for sure.
I didn't know they could get a report that would list out every person's phone that pinged that tower?? They have a hard enough time trying to get phone records for one person, much less an entire area :( But I hope that it's something they are able to accomplish!
And just like you said, anyone involved would have been able to just cut their phone off for a few hours, that way no information could be tracked on them. But, if they're a POI & LE see's a gap of no activity on the activity report, they would automatically be suspicious of what they were doing during that time.

Oh no, those aren't from MB, those are from NY somewhere because you can see TF in majority of the pictures, she didn't travel to MB for Spring Break with Brittanee. Susan even says that none of them in those pictures went on the trip :/ But I'm still really concerned about that attic picture..

Oh OK I stand corrected. I misread the article.

Who is it then that she traveled down there with? I guess I don't know their names. TF must be Tarah Friedman and as you mentioned she didn't go on the trip to MB. Were any of these people she traveled with her friends? or just acquaintances? Who from this group asked her to go to MB?

Who is it then that she traveled down there with? I guess I don't know their names. TF must be Tarah Friedman and as you mentioned she didn't go on the trip to MB. Were any of these people she traveled with her friends? or just acquaintances? Who from this group asked her to go to MB?

Yes, that would be who TF is, I do initials because I'm unsure of whether or not it's okay to post their full names.
Here is a link to some of the facebook pictures J. Oberer put up after coming back from the SB trip, after Brittanee was reported missing:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83630&page=16

From what I understand, A. Lippa would have been the one in the group that Brittanee was the most "acquainted" with. A. Lippa & J. Oberer seem to be good friends. Like I've mentioned before, in that list of guys from that link, I believe Oberer & Lippa were dating two of them at that time (not sure which two).

Here is another link to more of the photos of the group that was with Brittanee, and the list of names is also included-
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3693589&postcount=365

As you can see in the pictures, it looks like they're best friends with Brittanee, but the moment she comes up missing, they tell LE that they "don't really know her all that well", she was just an "acquaintance".. :( it's so sad.
At the end of that page of pictures, you can start to see the pictures of what I think looks like were taken while they were at club Kryptonite. On the next page, there are more of those photos from the club.. but it looks like it's the same group of people she's traveled with. The pictures are kind of small, so it's hard to tell if there is anyone else that maybe didn't know Brittanee:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3693591&postcount=366

BD.jpg

DREXSHADES.jpg

oakley.jpg

prada.jpg

I decided after looking at the photos of post #510 and #518 to try and compare the sunglasses as best as I could. I zoomed in on the photo of BD at the beach and noticed on the left arm of the sunglasses there appears a oval shaped marking. When I saw that to me it looks like the marking of the brand called Oakley. Of course with the pictures above I'm comparing sunglasses from 2009 to sunglasses from 2012. I realize over time designs and such change and so they are not an exact match. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at when I looked at the sunglasses in the evidence bag. We are looking at the back of the glasses with the arms folded in which the right arm shows the word Prada. I have seen the other photos of BD on the beach and in only 1 photo is she wearing sunglasses. In the other 2 photos I don't see them at all. I wonder if the person who took the photos gave them to her to wear for the one photo as I can see she is squinting in one photo in which she isn't wearing sunglasses. If this is the case maybe she did buy a pair of sunglasses while in Myrtle Beach. A pair of knockoff Prada sunglasses costs about $10-$15 (I checked on the internet).

View attachment 24658

View attachment 24659

View attachment 24660

View attachment 24661

I decided after looking at the photos of post #510 and #518 to try and compare the sunglasses as best as I could. I zoomed in on the photo of BD at the beach and noticed on the left arm of the sunglasses there appears a oval shaped marking. When I saw that to me it looks like the marking of the brand called Oakley. Of course with the pictures above I'm comparing sunglasses from 2009 to sunglasses from 2012. I realize over time designs and such change and so they are not an exact match. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at when I looked at the sunglasses in the evidence bag. We are looking at the back of the glasses with the arms folded in which the right arm shows the word Prada. I have seen the other photos of BD on the beach and in only 1 photo is she wearing sunglasses. In the other 2 photos I don't see them at all. I wonder if the person who took the photos gave them to her to wear for the one photo as I can see she is squinting in one photo in which she isn't wearing sunglasses. If this is the case maybe she did buy a pair of sunglasses while in Myrtle Beach. A pair of knockoff Prada sunglasses costs about $10-$15 (I checked on the internet).

Yes! In almost every one of those little beach shops you go into on Kings Highway are full of knockoff glasses, not just prada, everything you could imagine.. even oakley. The boyfriend said he'd never seen them before, but that didn't mean she couldn't have bought them while she was there. I've always pondered the thought of the possibility of whether the glasses could actually belong to a friend of hers, or even one of the girls on the trip. If it's someone who was truly friends with Brittanee and let her borrow them, I would think that they would have came forward by now and said that they're theirs. If Brittanee borrowed them from one of the girls on the trip, just as she did the shorts, I have no doubt in my mind that they would never tell LE that they're theirs- that would make them look even more suspicious than they already do. So, I think it's a possibility that it may belong to one of the other girls she went to MB with.
But then, I think back to Brittanee's mother saying she got her a pair for Easter. She doesn't clarify whether they were Prada knockoffs similar to the ones found, or just a regular pair of sunglasses. If she knows for sure that she purchased a pair of the knockoffs for Brittanee for Easter, then I'd be willing to bet that the ones found are Brittanee's. But a lot of people think that she's in just denial and wants to believe she purchased a pair that was similar, even if she didn't. You can't blame her though.. if I were in her situation, I'd be in denial too. :(

The glasses she's wearing in that picture definitely looks closer in similarity to the Oakley style. But, even in the past few years, I don't think I've ever seen the Oakley emblem that big. Their Women's glasses line hasn't really progressed over the past few years, they kind of just keep putting out the same model of sunglasses every year, and just continue hiking the prices up through the roof. I think the glasses on AL's head look more similar to a pair of Prada knockoffs.. not necessarily the ones that were found, but the style of the Prada glasses period.

Good find!!

Yes the Oakley emblem does look a little bigger but very similar. Maybe a pair of knockoff Oakley's? I was wondering if the Oakley emblem had changed from 2009 to 2012 and tried to find a photo of Oakley sunglasses from 2009 or 2008 but was unable to do so. There is a picture of BD (post #585) with this same girl at this link Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #1. A link Christina691 posted in which the girl has her head turned slightly to the left and BD is pretending to kiss her on the cheek. You can see a emblem of some sort on the right arm of her sunglasses. I can't make it out since the photo is not of very good quality.

I realize I may be a little late on what I'm about to mention.. I'm looking at the pictures of BD & her "friends" that were taken on the beach.. the ones with the sunglasses & BD wearing the pink bathing suit.. why is the beach looking deserted?! It's Spring Break, and they're staying right on Ocean Boulevard.. it's hard enough to find a space to lay a towel or set out a beach chair without being in close range to a complete stranger.. much less take a dozen pictures and managing to keep people out of the background. This makes no sense to me.. There would have been kids everywhere. I thought maybe if they went out early in the morning then maybe it could have been somewhat empty, but there would still be a significant amount of other travelers there. Are we sure the pictures on the beach with the sunglasses and the rest of the people she traveled with were in fact taken at Myrtle Beach?? Could they have driven somewhere else and went to a different beach for the day? Something close to Georgetown, perhaps........? I thought that maybe they could have been taken back at Charlotte Beach in Rochester, but it was just April.. I think it would have still been too chilly. Her Mother says that the last time she spoke with Brittanee, she assumed Brittanee was telling her about being at Charlotte Beach, because the weather in Rochester had just so happened to spike up that particular day.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but I just don't think that those pictures were taken on Myrtle Beach.. it would have been close to impossible.

Good question. If photos were taken in Myrtle Beach I would guess it was mid morning (10am) since they are staring into the sun and have shadows behind them on their towels. Definitely not midday or later. I wonder if maybe the spring break season was winding down (late April) thus a lot of people not around? I dunno. I also noticed vehicle tracks behind them in those photos. Do people drive their vehicles on the beach like that at Myrtle Beach or Charlotte Beach? I don't get down to the beach very often since I live in the Midwest so I really don't know what it is like. I suppose they have lifeguards that drive around and such on the beach?

Good question. If photos were taken in Myrtle Beach I would guess it was mid morning (10am) since they are staring into the sun and have shadows behind them on their towels. Definitely not midday or later. I wonder if maybe the spring break season was winding down (late April) thus a lot of people not around? I dunno. I also noticed vehicle tracks behind them in those photos. Do people drive their vehicles on the beach like that at Myrtle Beach or Charlotte Beach? I don't get down to the beach very often since I live in the Midwest so I really don't know what it is like. I suppose they have lifeguards that drive around and such on the beach?

yes, you are absolutely right! Myrtle Beach has one company that pretty much monitors the entire beach. I believe the company's name is something like Lackey's beach service? They cover majority of the area. & They do use ATV's on the beach. If one lifeguard needs something from another lifeguard that is maybe monitoring on the completely opposite side of the beach, it's the fastest way to get things done. Myrtle Beach has also put a new rule into effect pretty recently- They've got these small stake signs set everywhere along the beach that will tell you where you can't sit due to safety precautions. They require that no matter where you sit, there still has to be enough room for an ambulance to get through if needed. No one needed an ambulance while we were there, but the lifeguards use their ATV's all the time! I don't believe tourists with just regular vehicles are allowed to drive on the beach either. Now, about Charlotte Beach, I'm not sure if they allow vehicles either. It seems pretty empty & looks kind of abandoned, so I'm sure that people drive on it anyway.

& I suppose that it possible that maybe the beach just wasn't all that crowded due to their Spring Break vacation dates being different from the majority of other students in the country. Most college spring breaks are in late march/early april. When I was in high school, ours was also the week of April 25th. That is definitely a possibility though

I was surfing the net and came across the website for the Bluewater Resort. I didn't realize there are several buildings that make up the resort. I was thinking there was only one and had it in my head it was on the west side of Ocean Boulevard. The main building is located at 2001 South Ocean Boulevard and is on the east side of the boulevard. I had based my post of #481 and #552 on her returning to the Bar Harbor Hotel by walking back on the west side of the boulevard. I am now thinking she most likely walked back on the east side of the boulevard. The photos of her entering and leaving the Bluewater Resort the night she went missing is at the main entrance at 2001 South Ocean Boulevard (below). Once again I recalculated the distance from traffic camera to Bluewater resort and the time it took to walk that distance (3rd time's a charm). I have her when she walked back to the Bar Harbor Hotel at the intersection of 15th Avenue South and South Ocean Boulevard next to a parking lot at 8:58 pm, the time of her last text.

2.jpg

1.jpg

You can not drive on Charlotte beach. Honestly most people don't swim in Charlotte beach cause usually it is closed for water contamination most kids do go there to tan, etc alot go to Durand Eastman Park/Beach down the road which has a smaller beach area but alot of Rochester Teens party down there.

No you cannot drive on the beach anywhere on Myrtle Beach. Local lifeguards and police would have access but that's it.

So based on farmhands new calculation, its most likely she was grabbed by someone parked in that parking lot? What parkinglot is it?

It is the parking lot next to the Landmark Resort. She would have been at this location at 8:58 pm. The time of her last text. According to the Investigation Discovery show she received a text at 9:02 or 9:03 pm that she didn't answer. She could have walked a couple more blocks in that amount of time (4 or 5 minutes). Probably not any more than 3 or 4 blocks max. The city blocks in Myrtle Beach in this area are about 310 to 320 feet long. I have her walking at 243 feet per minute or about 80 yards per minute. It would have taken her about 30 minutes to walk the 1.4 miles from the Bluewater Resort to the Bar Harbor Hotel.

The other night I watched the Investigation Discovery show again on BD. Every time I watch it I seem to pick up on something that I missed before. The Myrtle Beach detectives say that her cell phone gave off it's last signal at 11:58 pm on April 25, 2009 and of course on the show they say the last text BD sent was at 8:58 pm the same night. I find that a bit odd that it is exactly to the minute 3 hours later. Is it just a coincidence or is there more to it being exactly 3 hours?

See I don't see it as the perp turning it off because I'm sure if her phone was going off and they were concerned about it or her calling for help, it would have been turned off immediately. I think the phone probably died.

Hi, first post here, great job by everyone so far!
Does anybody know if there are any more detailed cell phone records available anywhere, other than the investigation discovery show please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases