Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they did contact BD's Mom I thought..

#TeamConnor
#CureSMA
#ConnorStrong

www.facebook.com/prayersforconnor

Apparently LE did mrssmith23 because Dawn Drexel made an official statement to the media about the remains being found. Shoddy reporting or the coroner is misinformed. It seems the news nowadays just rips it off the wire and runs with it without checking facts. At least they got the mileage correct in this one.....

http://www.wect.com/story/24329879/...uffer&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_757482b0-17ca-5e2d-a013-57c5158e6617.html

It doesn't go into great detail about THE TEXAS LAB, but this article mentions it as it pertains to a similar case of long missing remains that Horry Co and CUE center worked tirelessly to find and identify, those of Alice Donovan. This article summarizes her entire, sad story, but salutes the efforts to bring Alice home to her daughters.

The people she was last with are not POI nor suspects in this case.

Actually I believe they (MBPD) specifically stated that while RM was a POI, nobody had been ruled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) I think the distance is actually 6 - 10 miles. A user in another thread said the media is mixing up Tidewater Rd. and Tidewater Dr.

2) Depends on the condition of the remains and the climate they're in. I mostly hang around the Unidentified forum and I've seen lots of cases where there's still a lot of hair attached to old (usually mummified) remains. For skeletal remains, there may still be a little hair attached to the skull.

I don't know the exact spot on Tidewater Road but I measured a straight line on Google Earth from the Bluewater Resort and I came up with 4.3 miles. Yeah it seems once something wrong gets on the internet it is hard to correct it.

I don't know the exact spot on Tidewater Road but I measured a straight line on Google Earth from the Bluewater Resort and I came up with 4.3 miles. Yeah it seems once something wrong gets on the internet it is hard to correct it.

I think I came up w/ 6.2 shortest driving distance but I'm having trouble linking A to B map links/directions on this iPad.

I think I came up w/ 6.2 shortest driving distance but I'm having trouble linking A to B map links/directions on this iPad.

Anddd I came up with 5.7 miles shortest driving distance, haha:

http://goo.gl/maps/T1Kxn

I wish we had some exact coordinates where the remains were found -- that would help! :giggle:

I am reposting this article from 2012 for our new members. The rape victim of the POI in Britt's case speaks out.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ls-disappearance-past-victim-person-interest/

Harding was walking alone to meet a friend at her elementary school in Vallejo, Calif., when she encountered Moody on Jan. 20, 1983. He forced the young girl into his car, saying he intended to drop her off at a police station because “‘You’re too little to be out here by yourself,’” Harding recalled.

Moody drove to an empty cul-de-sac, where he raped the child repeatedly before she managed to escape after pleading with her assailant to use a bathroom. The young girl was able to tell police she saw a green sticker on Moody’s car, which police determined was needed to gain entry onto a U.S. Navy base in Vallejo. That ultimately led them to Moody, who confessed to the rape and to assaulting six other children. He served slightly more than half of his prison sentence.

Scroll right on slideshow for pic of RM. He looks like the composite sketch of the attempted abductor of the girls at the sister resorts w/o video surveillance. MOO

wm

Interesting thing you mentioned is the empty or undeveloped cul-de-sac in the story you posted. There appears to be a undeveloped housing tract or empty cul-de-sac next to the Tidewater Road where the remains were found.

Getting those alerts locally Farmhand -says 20 YO male......I'm floored.

Yet another says race/gender prelims not expected until Thursday.....whattha....

news10nbc ‏@news10nbc 8m
JUST IN: The remains found near Myrtle Beach, SC are not Brittanee Drexel. The remains belong to a man who is at least 20

http://peace4missing.ning.com/forum/topics/body-watch-how-do-you-cope

"Body Watch" - how do you cope?

Posted by Maureen Reintjes-Peace4 Admin on June 7, 2012 at 12:51am in COPING WITH LOSS OR MISSING
"Body watch" is it a taboo subject? Almost all families of the missing go through it. I did. And, now I sit this watch with other families of the missing. But why does it seem to be so hush-hush?

Some families I know don't want to know when body watch is taking place and that is their prerogative so we don't hear from them too much. Others very much want to be a part of it and that is also their prerogative yet they don't seem to talk about what they went through on body watch.

Many aspects of what the families of the missing face are rarely discussed in public, but body watch seems to be the least talked about even though it is what is on the minds of all families every time a body or bones are found anywhere.
<sniped - read more>

Interesting thing you mentioned is the empty or undeveloped cul-de-sac in the story you posted. There appears to be a undeveloped housing tract or empty cul-de-sac next to the Tidewater Road where the remains were found.

Hmmm....I wonder if it was there in Apr 2009 when Brittanee disappeared? I'd bet there is a good chance it was, due to the crash in the housing market. We have an unfinished condo down the street that has been sitting with just cement poured and pilings for years now.

I bolded that part because it gives us insight into RM's M.O. He took his victim to a desolate place to attack her, he also pretended to be helping her by saying he was taking her to the police station. I infer from the information that the victim was abducted in daylight as she was walking to her elementary school to meet a friend. JMO.

The info we have just got me thinking...... Would Brittanee hop on the back of a Harley Davidson if the driver told her she was too little to be walking along by herself and he would take her to her hotel? What if the person claimed to be an undercover cop and told her she shouldn't be walking alone at dusk? We don't know the answers to these questions but....Once she got on that bike, the perp would have been in total control. The motor of the bike would have drowned out any texts or phone calls on Britt's phone until they arrived at Pole Yard landing and the engine was turned off and Britt's phone was beeping/ringing. I think her phone is most likely marred in silt somewhere around Pole Yard Landing. I won't speculate or theorize on what happened next but this is the only scenario that I can imagine since no one saw a struggle or anything on her walk back to Bar Harbor. I am beginning to wonder if she went willingly with someone who duped her. Brittanee was not even an adult when she disappeared. A person is still very naive at 17 years old. And predators can be very charming and manipulative. MOO

wm

Hmmm....I wonder if it was there in Apr 2009 when Brittanee disappeared? I'd bet there is a good chance it was, due to the crash in the housing market. We have an unfinished condo down the street that has been sitting with just cement poured and pilings for years now.

I bolded that part because it gives us insight into RM's M.O. He took his victim to a desolate place to attack her, he also pretended to be helping her by saying he was taking her to the police station. I infer from the information that the victim was abducted in daylight as she was walking to her elementary school to meet a friend. JMO.

The info we have just got me thinking...... Would Brittanee hop on the back of a Harley Davidson if the driver told her she was too little to be walking along by herself and he would take her to her hotel? What if the person claimed to be an undercover cop and told her she shouldn't be walking alone at dusk? We don't know the answers to these questions but....Once she got on that bike, the perp would have been in total control. The motor of the bike would have drowned out any texts or phone calls on Britt's phone until they arrived at Pole Yard landing and the engine was turned off and Britt's phone was beeping/ringing. I think her phone is most likely marred in silt somewhere around Pole Yard Landing. I won't speculate or theorize on what happened next but this is the only scenario that I can imagine since no one saw a struggle or anything on her walk back to Bar Harbor. I am beginning to wonder if she went willingly with someone who duped her. Brittanee was not even an adult when she disappeared. A person is still very naive at 17 years old. And predators can be very charming and manipulative. MOO

wm

Hi friend! :seeya: A bike would explain the short time period it took for her to disappear.

I'm relieved that this turned out not to be Brittanee because no body leaves open the possibility that she's still out there alive somewhere. I'm also slightly disappointed because sadly I do believe she most likely met with foul play the night she disappeared or very soon after. I just want so badly for her to be found and brought home and for her poor family to finally have some answers and not be stuck wondering what happened to her. As sad as it sounds finding her remains IMO would at least end the torture of not knowing if she's cold hungry or what she's been subject to all these years. As a parent myself I know that must be at the front of DD's mind every single day.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Well darn that the remains found are not of Brittanee. I really do not know what to hope for the better of Brittanee if she is not alive. Heather disappearing from the same location and having similarities to Brittanee kind of gives me hope she is alive, but is being held against her will, though I just do not know. Is it possible if she perhaps Brittanee could of been aten by wildlife in Georgetown County that her remains would not be able to be recovered in case of if she was killed and somebody disposed of her body there? Of course I am not saying that Brittanee's case should not be worked on ax there would be no viable source of if she is alive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home