Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going back through the Astrology Thread and come across this post:

Timothy Shaun Taylor has been 'officially' named a POI in Brittanee's case. He is from the Georgetown, SC area and has lived there all his life.

Here's a link. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/134001...-disappearance

Because I didn't follow all the discussion thread's, is anyone able to tell me if anything become of this?

If you google their names together you get all sorts of info. I honestly don't recall him being named a POI for Britt's case, but they were looking at possible connections when he was thought to be the person that was involved with abducting Randa Massey(first). Here are a few links, including one showing his brother having a history of charges (second) and another showing that the charges were dropped(third). The first also has a quote at the end that appears was added in later by Knipes that states the 2 cases aren't related in his opinion.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12883955&sms_ss=facebook

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2010/07/29/1610045/charleston-sheriff-exploring-link.html

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_f8b4caa8-2a03-5a98-9094-91584dd37f64.html

Hope this helps.

I think the problem with this case is that there has been way too much focus on the group of friends. Now, I'm not saying that the friends could not have been involved, there is definitely some questionable behavior on their part. I'm saying that I think it's just as likely she was abducted randomly by a stranger, and the focus on the friends from the Drexel's has not got us anywhere.

The attempted abduction just over a year after BD went missing and just blocks from where she would have been picked up/abducted is rather alarming to me. The police claim there is no connection between the two incidents, but this is the same police/city that likes to keep crime low profile so they don't hurt the tourism industry that seems to drive the local economy.

I think the reason the friends get more focus in this case is that with the stranger abduction angle, there is almost nothing to go on so we always circle back to the Rochester crew.

I am probably wrong but I was somehow thinking the "attempted abduction" was later found not to have occurred.

I am probably wrong but I was somehow thinking the "attempted abduction" was later found not to have occurred.

Source? The charges were dropped against the guy they arrested when they found video evidence of him 40 miles away when the abduction was supposed to have taken place. I never heard that the attempted abduction was made up.

I think the problem with this case is that there has been way too much focus on the group of friends. Now, I'm not saying that the friends could not have been involved, there is definitely some questionable behavior on their part. I'm saying that I think it's just as likely she was abducted randomly by a stranger, and the focus on the friends from the Drexel's has not got us anywhere.

The attempted abduction just over a year after BD went missing and just blocks from where she would have been picked up/abducted is rather alarming to me. The police claim there is no connection between the two incidents, but this is the same police/city that likes to keep crime low profile so they don't hurt the tourism industry that seems to drive the local economy.

I think the reason the friends get more focus in this case is that with the stranger abduction angle, there is almost nothing to go on so we always circle back to the Rochester crew.

Tbh the focus on the group of "friends" was never really something done by LE. They have alway been of the opinion that the group was "just kids" and thus not a worthy path. The focus on the friends had been from Dawn & the public.

LE has always focused on the stranger angle IMO. Timothy Shaun Taylor, Moody, etc

I absolutely agree with you that the 2 incidents seem awfully HINKY to not be connected. Made me curious if they looked into individuals locally that looked like Taylor.

That I don't recall hearing....I can imagine that the public may have questioned her reliability after she wrongly accused him if he was seen on video. But I don't recall hearing that. Id love to see a source on it if that's the case.

I watched the Dr.Phil interview a few days back via steelyDans video (thanks!) And I was surprised that parinello, seemingly, randomly said that PB gave a DNA sample to MBPD. I was under the impression he hadn't done much of anything in regards to cooperation. Some other observations I made came from the Roth radio interview with DD, specifically, that NC came to DD'S hotel room once she got to Myrtle and said they would help search and pass out flyers (but may not have actually helped because of other plans). Another observation from the Roth show was that DD said that these "friends" had GHB (DATE RAPE DRUG), ecstasy, cocaine, and liquor. IMO, I applaud BD for not wanting to be around those drugs/people ... also steely, your video says that VN and UO were ticketed and arrested that night, would you happen to have a police report for that incident? It'd be very interesting to know what direction/how far they were from the hotel. One last shock for me was that those 2 males were pulled over in a burnt orange car, this is probably totally unrelated but at the time of his arrest Jesse Matthew Jr. Owned an orange coupe style car and was a taxi driver with a history of offering young women free rides... again totally unrelated (probably) but what if JM saw BD and she went over to the car thinking that it was one of her "friends" car, because it looked similar.

I watched the Dr.Phil interview a few days back via steelyDans video (thanks!) And I was surprised that parinello, seemingly, randomly said that PB gave a DNA sample to MBPD. I was under the impression he hadn't done much of anything in regards to cooperation. Some other observations I made came from the Roth radio interview with DD, specifically, that NC came to DD'S hotel room once she got to Myrtle and said they would help search and pass out flyers (but may not have actually helped because of other plans). Another observation from the Roth show was that DD said that these "friends" had GHB (DATE RAPE DRUG), ecstasy, cocaine, and liquor. IMO, I applaud BD for not wanting to be around those drugs/people ... also steely, your video says that VN and UO were ticketed and arrested that night, would you happen to have a police report for that incident? It'd be very interesting to know what direction/how far they were from the hotel. One last shock for me was that those 2 males were pulled over in a burnt orange car, this is probably totally unrelated but at the time of his arrest Jesse Matthew Jr. Owned an orange coupe style car and was a taxi driver with a history of offering young women free rides... again totally unrelated (probably) but what if JM saw BD and she went over to the car thinking that it was one of her "friends" car, because it looked similar.

I think that anything is possible, like I said before. Question is - do we know the model type of car that JM Jr was driving & that he was driving it in 4/09? Of course he would have to be somehow placed in MB at that point too, but I think the car would be the starting point, ya know? I can say that I know the vehicle UO & VN was driving was a 2004 Grand Prix GT.

As for the tickets, I can answer that for Steely, here are the links, they are all public records in SC Courts. You can

Here is the first ticket for no license that UO received before Britt arrived in MB-
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PIError.aspx?County=26&CourtAgency=26206&Casenum=38610EW&CaseType=T

UO 2nd ticket for no license-
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horry/publicindex/CaseDetails.aspx?County=26&CourtAgency=26206&Casenum=37860EW&CaseType=C

UO Noise Ordinance ticket-
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horry/publicindex/CaseDetails.aspx?County=26&CourtAgency=26206&Casenum=37861EW&CaseType=C

VN's ticket for Loitering-
http://publicindex.sccourts.org/horry/publicindex/CaseDetails.aspx?County=26&CourtAgency=26206&Casenum=42063EW&CaseType=C

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

This is the link that works for me: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13400141/investigators-release-new-information-in-drexel-disappearance

Obviously it's old but as I said I was just wondering if there was anything more on this back in the older thread's.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, there'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13400141/investigators-release-new-information-in-drexel-disappearance

I wish something had become of this :(

Also, my other thought is that maybe Brittanee crossed the road and walked somewhere else before she got to the camera which would explain why she wasn't on it coming back? I don't know myrtle beach, is there a beach on the other side of the road to where she walking, that she could have crossed over to? Maybe she decided to cross and walk through the beach and just chill for a few minutes before going back and she befriended someone there?. If not a beach, maybe another place.

Sent from my LG-D855

No there isn't a beach on the other side, just the one, if you google map the location it'll give you a better idea. At that time of the evening there were so many people I would think SOMEONE would have seen her. Abducted or wandering...imo she never left the parking lot. But JMVHO.

I love that show! Maybe we should all contact them to take it on??

Sent from my LG-D855

Unfortunately -- but understandably -- they can only review cases if asked by the local law enforcement agency:

IF YOU ARE A CIVILIAN, PLEASE NOTE: We can only review your case if asked by the local enforcement agency. Please call the law enforcement agency handling your case and ask the agency to submit the case below.

http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/

If the local LE would submit it, that would be great. :)

I haven't been able to find any make, model, or year for JMs car, but I did find some pictures. Also I'm still sleuthing for a S.C. link. I'm going to keep looking though. uploadfromtaptalk1426874713105.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426874721713.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426874732735.jpg

I haven't been able to find any make, model, or year for JMs car, but I did find some pictures. Also I'm still sleuthing for a S.C. link. I'm going to keep looking though. View attachment 71403View attachment 71404View attachment 71405

Well this article states he drives a Chrysler Coupe-doesn't mention color, so I am not sure it is the same exact car.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/24/intervie...nior-abduction-suspect-in-hannah-graham-case/

I had this long drawn out post of what I really thought this car was, until I had them side by side & it didn't match perfect. So I showed my husband. I knew it looked like some enhancements were made to the car but he pointed out to me that not only did this car look like it had a kit added, it had the typical make/model etc pieces pulled off. The paint even appears to not be factory standard. Look at the first photo and along the bottom of the car- it looks like the paint may be coming off? I could be wrong. IMO I think that JM probably doctored up this car, made it so you actually couldn't tell what make/model it was so that he couldn't be caught as easily. I also think & this is JMO that he chose a 2 door to make it harder for someone to get out of his car.

With all that said- IF and that is a big IF he could be placed in MB on 4/25/09 considering the fact that the sun was setting around the time that Britt disappeared, it could be possible for her to think the car was similar. I say that thinking that a lot of 17 yr old girls aren't into cars. Assuming he was there and she did make that mistake- how would he get her into the car is the question? Unless he was following her around, saw her at Club K, etc & ended up in that parking lot waiting for her......

A lot of "ifs"...but who knows?

Tbh the focus on the group of "friends" was never really something done by LE. They have alway been of the opinion that the group was "just kids" and thus not a worthy path. The focus on the friends had been from Dawn & the public.

LE has always focused on the stranger angle IMO. Timothy Shaun Taylor, Moody, etc

I absolutely agree with you that the 2 incidents seem awfully HINKY to not be connected. Made me curious if they looked into individuals locally that looked like Taylor.

You're right that LE has definitely not put their focus solely on the friends, and my post was not really meant to be directed at LE. I meant that IMO BD's parents (and some of us here) have put too much focus on the "friends" angle.

You're right that LE has definitely not put their focus solely on the friends, and my post was not really meant to be directed at LE. I meant that IMO BD's parents (and some of us here) have put too much focus on the "friends" angle.

It's possible but imo maybe a little more from LE in the beginning combined with them actually talking (not to mention not being so horrendously cruel) & people wouldn't be so suspicious. In the end, I still hold my ground that even if they're not involved they know something. Even if they don't realize that they do.

Another thing that might have helped could have been family or LE stating that at the time of her disappearance her hair was mostly blonde, not brown which is all I've seen printed in articles and missing posters. At least IMO from the surveillance pictures it looks mostly blonde (two-toned).ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426905030.502869.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426905045.788244.jpg

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme