Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One big problem with this case is that it's split between Rochester and MB PD's. Rochester could care less it seems. JMO

I have been reading this case on/off for the past 2 years. I have actually read all the threads up to this point.. however because i haven't been on here in some time i don't remember all the details off the top of my head. If i have any wrong information, feel free to correct me.. I thought to myself figuring as i have read so much on this case i thought it would be worth giving my two cents. It would be a waste not to.

At first i believed this to just be a stranger abduction, nowadays I'm more open minded, that doesn't necessarily mean her supposed friends did it but someone she met at club kryptonite or someone PB and the others know. I do wonder if they knew some dodgy characters at this club and one of these people spotted her walking alone in the evening and took advantage of the situation, as i've read from some on here, she may have been given a ride because if she was forced into a vehicle the likelyhood is that someone would have heard or seen something such as a struggle, unless it was all done so quickly.

Some things i noted about this case:

*PB changed his story 3 times.. i believe this had something to do with giving BD a ride in his car to her hotel. If you have nothing to hide why lie and change your story 3 times?
*PB and others lawyer-ing up that evening is suspicious but i wonder if that was because they were doing drugs or something else illegal.
*The friend/s who said something along the lines of "BD is not my friend, i dont know even her" is probably hiding something or has been criticized/bullied by someone for considering BD as a friend.

*The Taylor guy was taken in for questioning (if i remember correctly) because the vehicle had a sticker on it and Randa Massey remembered how the vehicle looked including the sticker.. she also scratched the abductor and got some of his DNA on her finger nails which then lead to Taylor being a possible POI in BDs case, Taylor gave himself in. How is it possible he got off the hook? Did i miss something here? I think it makes sense that if someone has tried to abduct someone on this road once they probably have prior to this as well. Has their been abduction attempts like this since Randa Massey?

*I find it a strange that the last night BD was down there at Myrtle Beach is the night she goes missing. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence. Like someone knew it was her last night in MB and wanted to abduct her before she had gone back to Rochester. It may just have been as simple as a guy stalking her while down there who had some info on where she was staying waiting for the right moment. Isn't it weird that she just happens to be abducted in that small time frame.. And within 5-10 minutes of her leaving the hotel? The quick get away. You have to say that the sooner someone is abducted after leaving a hotel the more likely this was someone stalking and waiting for her. Then again it may just be a total stranger who parked up, saw her and then it was a spur of the moment thing. I've read about a taxi driver in MB who tried to sexually assault a woman in his taxi.. who knows if people like this have anything to do with this abduction.

*Who knows whether the girl 'friends' drove down there to go pick BD up in a car because of the shorts? When i read the part about one of the friends asking what BD was wearing i thought that was slightly odd, would you not recognize what was missing from your wardrobe or suitcase? So asking just seemed like a waste of time, its not like you take hundreds of clothing items on a mini holiday.. if you call a 'friend' who has borrowed your clothes to return them why would she need to ask what the clothes look like in the first place? Surely she knew what was missing but asked anyway for some odd reason. Perhaps to clarify she was 'still' wearing it? Which lead me to believe early in the case that someone was on the 'look out' for her on the boulevard and was trying to identify her by the clothing she was wearing.. possibly to 'set her up'. I dont believe the friends are that evil though..

There was one thing that i recall reading/hearing earlier in the case during an interview that Dawn Drexel had. If i find it again i can post it here. Anyway this interview mentioned that someone apparently told LE they were THERE when this situation happened, Dawn was passed this information. This person (i believe) said something along the lines of: "if you knew what happened to Britanee you would be surprised".. that line always stuck in my mind over the years and i dont know if this was given by someone genuinely involved with the case or not. But those words always baffled me... why would we be surprised? I think i also remember reading that this person who brought this to light didn't want to be identified because there was someone telling people to shut up and keep it a secret or something. My guess is that it was someone local to SC.

I have always wondered if any one who was in the POI bracket (or on the fringes) had lie detector tests? I dont remember anything mentioned about like detector tests being done.. unless i missed it somewhere. Isn't a lie detector test standard procedure? Its hard to think there were no cameras (decent ones at that) that could have picked up a possible vehicle as it passed by on the evening this took place. A camera being outside the hotel or nearby could have made some difference to working this case out.

i made a post the other day i am assuming it was removed bc something i said in it wasn't allowed? not sure what part so i'll try again and try to avoid whatever part i did that i wasn't supposed to (kinda hard when i'm not sure exactly what part that was so if i say something i should t plz let me know so i dont continue to do so) anyways while reading on another site supposedly its roughly known around this group what happened to her i do have screen shot of the conversation i am not sure if i am allowed to add them or not but but the person making the comments claims to know the group

i made a post the other day i am assuming it was removed bc something i said in it wasn't allowed? not sure what part so i'll try again and try to avoid whatever part i did that i wasn't supposed to (kinda hard when i'm not sure exactly what part that was so if i say something i should t plz let me know so i dont continue to do so) anyways while reading on another site supposedly its roughly known around this group what happened to her i do have screen shot of the conversation i am not sure if i am allowed to add them or not but but the person making the comments claims to know the group

Try sending a private message to one of the Moderators concerning the removal. They are very good at explaining things and normally respond very quickly.

anyways while reading on another site supposedly its roughly known around this group what happened to her i do have screen shot of the conversation i am not sure if i am allowed to add them or not but but the person making the comments claims to know the group
Interesting.. Be sure to ask the Mods why it was blocked.. hopefully you can post it here in its entirety or at least some of the details, i would be curious to see this image and the convos. I have seen one website which i believe was a Google blogger type page, they were people who 'behaved' like they were close to the case.. some were arguing in the comment section of this page.

Ive always thought the girl 'friend' (alana?).. the one who went away to Turkey may have moved abroad for a reason... when you really think about it, a young person involved in criminal action will often do more impulsive things such as flee the country the crime was in.. so that if someone like her was found out she would find it easy to go on the run in Eastern Europe and Arabia (unless she moved there for a more specific reason i.e family). Just my opinion.

Hopefully someone will speak up at some point.. if there were many people who were involved in this then surely someone will speak out at some point.. it may be playing on their conscious for years until one day they pop and they pick up the the courage to spill the beans.

Hi, justagirl247! I'm not a mod or admin, but I do know that per TOS, screenshots are not allowed. There is more at this link from the mods/admins on why your post may have been deleted:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...iquette-amp-Information&p=2279603#post2279603

HTH! :)

yeah its ok not a huge deal that it was removed i'm sure its bc i was to specific with names or where i saw this posted or something like that .. just really sucks bc i have gotten alot from that page that i havent heard before and there are alot of comments from ppl that claim to know some of those involved... but i do think (judging by the page i was reading) that some figers are being pointed and some missing pieces appear to be falling into place ...obviously I am taking this at face value and have no real way to know if any of it is accurate but if you read it then it does make alot more sense then any other thoery or senario i have thought of ..jmo tho

I have been reading this case on/off for the past 2 years. I have actually read all the threads up to this point.. however because i haven't been on here in some time i don't remember all the details off the top of my head. If i have any wrong information, feel free to correct me.. I thought to myself figuring as i have read so much on this case i thought it would be worth giving my two cents. It would be a waste not to.

At first i believed this to just be a stranger abduction, nowadays I'm more open minded, that doesn't necessarily mean her supposed friends did it but someone she met at club kryptonite or someone PB and the others know. I do wonder if they knew some dodgy characters at this club and one of these people spotted her walking alone in the evening and took advantage of the situation, as i've read from some on here, she may have been given a ride because if she was forced into a vehicle the likelyhood is that someone would have heard or seen something such as a struggle, unless it was all done so quickly.

Some things i noted about this case:

*PB changed his story 3 times.. i believe this had something to do with giving BD a ride in his car to her hotel. If you have nothing to hide why lie and change your story 3 times?
*PB and others lawyer-ing up that evening is suspicious but i wonder if that was because they were doing drugs or something else illegal.
*The friend/s who said something along the lines of "BD is not my friend, i dont know even her" is probably hiding something or has been criticized/bullied by someone for considering BD as a friend.

*The Taylor guy was taken in for questioning (if i remember correctly) because the vehicle had a sticker on it and Randa Massey remembered how the vehicle looked including the sticker.. she also scratched the abductor and got some of his DNA on her finger nails which then lead to Taylor being a possible POI in BDs case, Taylor gave himself in. How is it possible he got off the hook? Did i miss something here? I think it makes sense that if someone has tried to abduct someone on this road once they probably have prior to this as well. Has their been abduction attempts like this since Randa Massey?

*I find it a strange that the last night BD was down there at Myrtle Beach is the night she goes missing. Maybe it wasn't a coincidence. Like someone knew it was her last night in MB and wanted to abduct her before she had gone back to Rochester. It may just have been as simple as a guy stalking her while down there who had some info on where she was staying waiting for the right moment. Isn't it weird that she just happens to be abducted in that small time frame.. And within 5-10 minutes of her leaving the hotel? The quick get away. You have to say that the sooner someone is abducted after leaving a hotel the more likely this was someone stalking and waiting for her. Then again it may just be a total stranger who parked up, saw her and then it was a spur of the moment thing. I've read about a taxi driver in MB who tried to sexually assault a woman in his taxi.. who knows if people like this have anything to do with this abduction.

*Who knows whether the girl 'friends' drove down there to go pick BD up in a car because of the shorts? When i read the part about one of the friends asking what BD was wearing i thought that was slightly odd, would you not recognize what was missing from your wardrobe or suitcase? So asking just seemed like a waste of time, its not like you take hundreds of clothing items on a mini holiday.. if you call a 'friend' who has borrowed your clothes to return them why would she need to ask what the clothes look like in the first place? Surely she knew what was missing but asked anyway for some odd reason. Perhaps to clarify she was 'still' wearing it? Which lead me to believe early in the case that someone was on the 'look out' for her on the boulevard and was trying to identify her by the clothing she was wearing.. possibly to 'set her up'. I dont believe the friends are that evil though..

There was one thing that i recall reading/hearing earlier in the case during an interview that Dawn Drexel had. If i find it again i can post it here. Anyway this interview mentioned that someone apparently told LE they were THERE when this situation happened, Dawn was passed this information. This person (i believe) said something along the lines of: "if you knew what happened to Britanee you would be surprised".. that line always stuck in my mind over the years and i dont know if this was given by someone genuinely involved with the case or not. But those words always baffled me... why would we be surprised? I think i also remember reading that this person who brought this to light didn't want to be identified because there was someone telling people to shut up and keep it a secret or something. My guess is that it was someone local to SC.

I have always wondered if any one who was in the POI bracket (or on the fringes) had lie detector tests? I dont remember anything mentioned about like detector tests being done.. unless i missed it somewhere. Isn't a lie detector test standard procedure? Its hard to think there were no cameras (decent ones at that) that could have picked up a possible vehicle as it passed by on the evening this took place. A camera being outside the hotel or nearby could have made some difference to working this case out.

Sections BBM- In regards to the Randa Massey case- do you have a source on this? I haven't seen anything that mentions Taylors DNA being a match. My understanding was that she ID'd him from a line up of photos. He came in after hearing he was wanted for questioning. But he was eventually let off because he had an alibi with video to back it up. My thought is if there is DNA that they'd be looking at his relatives, especially with his brothers history. (check the posts & links about Taylor back a page or two for more info)

Clothes- IMO this is pure laziness & cattiness. 1- I say lazy because as you point out, they can look. I have teens who would much rather ask someone about something in their own vicinity rather than look on their own. Happens all the time. 2-The entire group was bullying her all week long, this was another way to point out that she was borrowing things of hers again. JMO.

Lie detector tests- I haven't heard about any one doing a polygraph, being asked to or even volunteering. Even if they did, they're not admissable in court which is why they aren't standard procedure.

Interesting.. Be sure to ask the Mods why it was blocked.. hopefully you can post it here in its entirety or at least some of the details, i would be curious to see this image and the convos. I have seen one website which i believe was a Google blogger type page, they were people who 'behaved' like they were close to the case.. some were arguing in the comment section of this page.

Ive always thought the girl 'friend' (alana?).. the one who went away to Turkey may have moved abroad for a reason... when you really think about it, a young person involved in criminal action will often do more impulsive things such as flee the country the crime was in.. so that if someone like her was found out she would find it easy to go on the run in Eastern Europe and Arabia (unless she moved there for a more specific reason i.e family). Just my opinion.

Hopefully someone will speak up at some point.. if there were many people who were involved in this then surely someone will speak out at some point.. it may be playing on their conscious for years until one day they pop and they pick up the the courage to spill the beans.

BBM Just wanted to clarify that AL didn't move to Turkey. She is still in Rochester & still goes out regularly to places PB is employed. To add to this, none of the groups have moved out of the US, some have left Rochester, but that is it. Many of them still hang out together & are seen often in the clubs.

I think the confusion may come in with trips to Turkey that a few have taken. I am not sure if AL has been one of them but I know a few of the guys from Britts group that have gone a few times. One has relatives over there.

I am not sure if you are talking about the same FB page that I go on as well but I can't seem to find it and am wondering if it was deleted. The person who ran it did not hold back his opinions. I know there are about 6 groups and unless I am mistaken I think it may have been taken down. It's a shame because the info from there seemed to make a lot of sense.

I do believe it's the same page. It's been taken down before & returned. FB pulls it down & gives them a "timeout" then they return. Basically it's when they're reported if I understand correctly.
To answer the above questions, whether the info given to the admin is correct or not (some I do know as fact as I have researched it myself-IE the arrest records of VN & UO even though those all weren't posted there) I have screenshots of a lot of comments people made to him & did forward the one piece about PO & PB to MBPD.

Caring4Many said:
Sections BBM- In regards to the Randa Massey case- do you have a source on this? I haven't seen anything that mentions Taylors DNA being a match.
Me neither, my point isn't that the DNA was matched to Taylor, rather that when Randa knew what the vehicle looked like and the sticker (and any other details, color of van etc) it would be safe to assume that the DNA may have been taken in or used along with the other information... I thought Taylor handing himself in was just a reaction to info going public regarding the vehicle.. but i realize you mentioned he was actually called in because of his photo ID being picked out (i must have missed that piece of information somewhere). Its been a long time since i have read the sources, I just had notes leftover from a while back when i went over the 15 threads. When i also read back my sentence I realized i typed "lead to" when i meant to put "probably lead to".

Caring4Many said:
My understanding was that she ID'd him from a line up of photos. He came in after hearing he was wanted for questioning. But he was eventually let off because he had an alibi
I see, thanks for pointing that out and the other things regarding the lie detectors and the stuff about the people who went down to MB, I appreciate the clarification and stand corrected.. i tried to find the link you mentioned a few pages back but the link is not working right now.

Why BD's phone was left switched on has always been an odd one for me, I've always thought she was in fact somewhere totally different to the phone's last position hence why the search at Santee never found her. I think even the perp/s would not risk going into the woods at Santee so late at night.. however i can see the idea of BD being taken onto a boat at the landing or being taken into a building or private residence around this area. Or perhaps even beyond the bridge.

Try the links on post 1001. I see 2 of the 3 still active.

I think the problem with this case is that there has been way too much focus on the group of friends. Now, I'm not saying that the friends could not have been involved, there is definitely some questionable behavior on their part. I'm saying that I think it's just as likely she was abducted randomly by a stranger, and the focus on the friends from the Drexel's has not got us anywhere.

The attempted abduction just over a year after BD went missing and just blocks from where she would have been picked up/abducted is rather alarming to me. The police claim there is no connection between the two incidents, but this is the same police/city that likes to keep crime low profile so they don't hurt the tourism industry that seems to drive the local economy.

I think the reason the friends get more focus in this case is that with the stranger abduction angle, there is almost nothing to go on so we always circle back to the Rochester crew.

Above is BBM.
This has always been my thought as well. When I first learned about that when the news broke, those were my first thoughts - and still are for the most part. Tourism is so important down there and when it comes to maintaining a happy vacation image of Myrtle Beach for the public and prospective vacationers, the unspoken rule of "Mums the word" (to quote Huck Fynn) is most definitely at greater play if BD's disappearance involves a local resident of MB. But if a bunch of out-of-state kids from NY are to blame for her disappearance, then MBeach needn't take responsibility as much and have to worry about saving face.
JMHO and MOO.

I am not sure if you are talking about the same FB page that I go on as well but I can't seem to find it and am wondering if it was deleted. The person who ran it did not hold back his opinions. I know there are about 6 groups and unless I am mistaken I think it may have been taken down. It's a shame because the info from there seemed to make a lot of sense.

yeah probably so i cant find it today either and yes he goes pretty hard listing addresses and parents names and things like that

I was finally able to watch the disappeared episode today. I got some good info but wish they would have covered more details. I thought we would have more answers by now.

Not sure if this could possibly be Brittanee or Crystal Soles?

http://www.kingstreenews.com/article/20150401/KTN01/150409986/1161/KTN

"As the investigation continues, the remains have been sent to the Medical University of South Carolina for identification. Other evidence has been submitted to SLED. Anyone with information about this incident please contact the Williamsburg County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 355-6381. Additional photos can be viewed on The News' gallery. "

Wonder what other evidence was found...says not identified as human or animal yet; however CUE was called in so I'm guessing they have assummed human.

Not sure if this could possibly be Brittanee or Crystal Soles?

http://www.kingstreenews.com/article/20150401/KTN01/150409986/1161/KTN

"As the investigation continues, the remains have been sent to the Medical University of South Carolina for identification. Other evidence has been submitted to SLED. Anyone with information about this incident please contact the Williamsburg County Sheriff’s Office at (843) 355-6381. Additional photos can be viewed on The News' gallery. "

Wonder what other evidence was found...says not identified as human or animal yet; however CUE was called in so I'm guessing they have assummed human.

Sadly this could be any # of ppl. Have you ever looked at the CUE, SC State or NCMEC site with all the missing listed? It's so sad.

Monica Caison did appear to be on a Crystal Soles search this week already according to her FB. It seemed preplanned? IIRC most searches for Britt also had Crystal & vice versa so seems 50/50, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme