Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's arrest in Kelli's case just convinces me more that Moody is likely the one responsible for Brittanne's disappearance. He was in the area when she disappeared; her phone last pinged near his home. He's been named a POI and is a RSO who served over 20 years for rape.
I trust LE. I think he's the guy. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ls-disappearance-past-victim-person-interest/

I have read many of the threads but not nearly all of them in trying to catch up. But from what I have read, I would agree with you kt. I will add, if I'm correct, that where her phone pinged and where he lived was nearly an hour away. If all those locations were within 15 minutes of where she went missing, I'd say there's a higher chance it was a coincidence. But an hour? And that close to each other? Less likely a coincidence. I will also add the fact that he remarkably resembles a sketch of someone who attacked 2 others in the days before Brittanee went missing.

I think her so-called friends are worthless and wouldn't be shocked if they haven't broken numerous laws themselves, but taking Brittanee isn't one of them.

Just my thoughts and opinions.

Perhaps she would if she was forced to at gunpoint?

Certainly possible, but seems unlikely given there were enough witnesses around that it would deter such a brazen kidnapping. JMO of course.

This never felt like an abduction to me. But considering how little is known it can't be ruled out either.

In regards to RM, I don't see him being able to abduct Brittanee off the side of the street so easily without attracting attention. If you look back at his first assault it was on someone very vulnerable, an easy target.

Could RM, by himself, abduct Brittanee and then drive her so many miles without any resistance? RM seems like a good POI but it's good to also consider why he may not be the perp. Not good to put all of your eggs in one basket.

I have my opinions on this case and I've made them clear, but I'm open to anything that brings some answers and maybe brings Brittanee home.

In regards to RM, I don't see him being able to abduct Brittanee off the side of the street so easily without attracting attention. If you look back at his first assault it was on someone very vulnerable, an easy target.

Could RM, by himself, abduct Brittanee and then drive her so many miles without any resistance? RM seems like a good POI but it's good to also consider why he may not be the perp. Not good to put all of your eggs in one basket.

I have my opinions on this case and I've made them clear, but I'm open to anything that brings some answers and maybe brings Brittanee home.

I didn't mean to sound like I'd put all my eggs in one basket. I do think that Moody is the more likely perp but that doesn't mean there aren't other possibilities nor did I mean to imply it should be everyone's opinion.

As for subduing Brittanee...I have little doubt that he could easily subdue her all on his own. He isn't the biggest guy around but she's not a big brawler herself. And at the risk of sounding sexist, he is a grown man and she's a young girl.

As for how or where, I'll be the first to admit I haven't paid much attention to that in the threads I have read because it could have happened almost anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have Brittanee on video but we have no idea where she went from there do we? We may have an idea of where we think she was ultimately going, but where she ACTUALLY went before disappearing is unknown.

I didn't mean to sound like I'd put all my eggs in one basket. I do think that Moody is the more likely perp but that doesn't mean there aren't other possibilities nor did I mean to imply it should be everyone's opinion.

As for subduing Brittanee...I have little doubt that he could easily subdue her all on his own. He isn't the biggest guy around but she's not a big brawler herself. And at the risk of sounding sexist, he is a grown man and she's a young girl.

As for how or where, I'll be the first to admit I haven't paid much attention to that in the threads I have read because it could have happened almost anywhere. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but we have Brittanee on video but we have no idea where she went from there do we? We may have an idea of where we think she was ultimately going, but where she ACTUALLY went before disappearing is unknown.

I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular, just speaking generally. RM is a a strong possibility but I just wonder if he had what takes to pull off such a brazen abduction on his own, considering his first assault was of a small child. Is he physically capable? Probably, but that's only one aspect of it. My problem with that scenario is I don't think he could get away with it without some sort of struggle and thus causing a commotion. I think a sex offender prefers easier targets. Perhaps he did this all at gunpoint, but I don't think that necessarily eliminates the risk of getting caught in such a situation.

As far as I know, the last footage of Brittanee is on a traffic cam and she was heading for her hotel. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Good points. My personal feeling is that she willingly got into a vehicle. No need to abduct. This makes things much easier for perp. The night before BD walked back to her hotel room with someone and invited this totally unknown person into her room. I don't think getting into a stranger's vehicle would be a stretch. I would guess BD would have been restrained in some fashion. Try getting up by yourself from a prone position with your hands tied before your back. Not an easy thing to do. According to the Disappeared show her cell phone first pinged a tower in Surfside Beach at 9:27 pm. Her last text from her phone was at 8:58 pm. That is almost a half hour in which her cell phone was still within the same cell phone zone (Myrtle Beach city limits). Something going on during this time period. I know the location of that tower and have it saved on Google Earth. It is just outside the city limits of Myrtle Beach.

BD was only 100 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. Almost any grown man could have overtaken her. The kidnapper could have used a gun and not needed to overpower her. I can't see any young girl willingly getting into a car with a stranger middle age man, and if that somehow happened with BD, things would have had to gone wrong quickly given the path of her cell phone pings.

I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular, just speaking generally. RM is a a strong possibility but I just wonder if he had what takes to pull off such a brazen abduction on his own, considering his first assault was of a small child. Is he physically capable? Probably, but that's only one aspect of it. My problem with that scenario is I don't think he could get away with it without some sort of struggle and thus causing a commotion. I think a sex offender prefers easier targets. Perhaps he did this all at gunpoint, but I don't think that necessarily eliminates the risk of getting caught in such a situation.

As far as I know, the last footage of Brittanee is on a traffic cam and she was heading for her hotel. I don't think there's any doubt about that.

I hear what you're saying, and the same concerns are expressed in many cases. The Kelli Bordeaux case mentioned above involved an RSO whose prior conviction involved a young child (6 if I remember correctly). Kelli, herself, was in the military so one would think she's not an easy target. As for getting caught? Well it was as simple as the RSO punched her right in front of the bar in the parking lot and knocked her unconscious, took her to the back of the bar and continued beating her until she died. Obviously, there are tons of possibilities and they all do need to be checked out, but some of the concerns involving Moody are the same concerns expressed in so many cases and they turn out to be unwarranted concerns. It's all about Moody (or whoever) being more lucky that smart to avoid being caught.

I'll just second that we are dealing with a very slight girl here, really quite a tiny girl. I always suspected that Brittanee would have been completely distracted as she walked along due to reading and replying to her boyfriends texts. This might have allowed the Unsub to sneak up on her unnoticed and the initial shock of being grabbed might have provided enough time to get her into the car or render her unconscious. I know this was a relatively busy area but it was at night and away from the direct epicenter, the specific location has a number of shady alleys leading off it.

The name slips my mind but I'm sure many here are familiar with the case of the girl (a bigger girl that Brittanee as well I believe) who was abducted in the middle of the day as she cleaned her car (or it might have been the windows of the motel her family owned). This was in an extremely central area but no one saw or heard a thing. At least one of her flip flops was left behind along with the bucket of soapy water. The poor girl was discovered some time later secreted away under foliage on an old logging road. The area had also already been searched, just not well enough as this poor girl was well hidden.

Its certainly possible that Brittanee got into the vehicle of her own accord but looking at the area she disappeared in I think its just as likely she was snatched by a lone Unsub.

I have always thought that BD knew her attacker or attackers. The thing that bothers me the most, is the young man who left in the middle of the night to drive home all the way to NY alone, and I believe without his belongings. Sounds to me like he was upset over something bad that had happened. I have also wondered about the tape showing BD leaving that motel. I wonder if they even checked that tape to see if any of the young men left shortly after. Then it seemed as if no one even cared about what was happening and the way they acted so rude to BD mother was even more disturbing. I believe the guilty persons to be her so called friends. They know so much more than they are telling.

This is the case that led to me joining WS. Something about it struck me hard. I've spent the last few days, since joining, catching up with every thread pertaining. (Would be a great idea to try to get a "Known Facts" page about each MP)
I still think it's horrible that the amount of help offered by the girls she went with amounts to a phone call with police. My opinion, until something changes it, is that the girls have info that would solve the case. Hope they turn on each other soon.......or at least grow up and develop empathy.

I have always thought that BD knew her attacker or attackers. The thing that bothers me the most, is the young man who left in the middle of the night to drive home all the way to NY alone, and I believe without his belongings. Sounds to me like he was upset over something bad that had happened. I have also wondered about the tape showing BD leaving that motel. I wonder if they even checked that tape to see if any of the young men left shortly after. Then it seemed as if no one even cared about what was happening and the way they acted so rude to BD mother was even more disturbing. I believe the guilty persons to be her so called friends. They know so much more than they are telling.

100% Agree. I just wish there would be clarification on leaving his "belongings". Did he leave several sets of clothes? Or did he forget a t-shirt and some swim trunks? He acted suspiciously almost immediately, but I still tend to lean towards the girls having initiated whatever led to her disappearance. Believe the guy may have knowledge as well.

BD was only 100 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. Almost any grown man could have overtaken her. The kidnapper could have used a gun and not needed to overpower her. I can't see any young girl willingly getting into a car with a stranger middle age man, and if that somehow happened with BD, things would have had to gone wrong quickly given the path of her cell phone pings.

My biggest question, regarding an abduction by someone unknown to her, is that the traffic was extremely heavy (both foot and vehicle) that evening (judging by experience that time of year and the video surveillance footage). I dont doubt that it COULD be possible for her to have been abducted like this without anybody really paying notice, but would the perp be so extremely foolish when there are dozens of other locales nearby with less probability of being seen?

Really no reason to put this here other than proximity. Randy Gale Robinson was arrested for the murder and dismemberment of Angie Pipken (has a websleuths thread) in Aynor, SC, about a 40 minute drive. Just have to wonder if someone jumps straight to dismemberment or if he's done this before and worked up to it. Just talking out loud, so to speak.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1013459

Really no reason to put this here other than proximity. Randy Gale Robinson was arrested for the murder and dismemberment of Angie Pipken (has a websleuths thread) in Aynor, SC, about a 40 minute drive. Just have to wonder if someone jumps straight to dismemberment or if he's done this before and worked up to it. Just talking out loud, so to speak.

I think the guy is worth checking into i have heard somewhere that usually when a killer gets caught it isnt the first time they have done it not sure how much truth to that there is but i hope LE looks at him in Britts case also and imo i wouldnt think a person jumps straight to dismemberment but again ppl now a days are crazy so you never know

Has any of her so called friends that were on that trip ever said anything like on here or on a facebook page ..

Has any of her so called friends that were on that trip ever said anything like on here or on a facebook page ..

IIRC, Dawn Drexel saw them laughing about it on their Facebook pages until they unfriended her.

The warrant states Robinson committed the crime on January 26 at an address on Sullivan Drive near Murrells Inlet when he "...

The crime was not committed in Aynor. Murrell's Inlet is located between Surfside and Georgetown - two places Brittanee's phone pinged.

Were the girls Brittanee went to Myrtle Beach with currently going to the same school as Brittanee at the time of her disappearance? It sounds like a lot or all of the girls were eighteen-years-old, but most people do turn eighteen-years-old during their senior year of high school. Something I would like to point out is that Brittanee was not tagged in the girls' Facebook photos from Myrtle Beach due to Brittanee perhaps having being tagged in photos set to having her approval first and since she is likely deceased or being held captive she couldn't of approved of being tagged. I have photos set up that way on Facebook so that I can keep realoy bad photos others took of me from showing up on my profile if that makes any sense. However I etill have my suspicions on the girls. This could totally be another Skylar Neese situation. Still not ruling out stranter abduction or Peter Broswick. I do wonder that if Peter Broswick did have something to do with Brittanee's disappearance then perhaps since Brittanee was hanging with the guys a little more to get away from the girls' unkindness towards her that Peter Broswick decided to take advantage of Brittanee while she was feeling vulnerable. Perhaps got her alone and did something. Unless Peter Broswick can easily afford it, I have no idea why he went out of the way to hire a lawyer if he isn't guilty. JMO and :twocents:

None of these "friends" were the same age or in the same school with Brittanee. IIRC they'd all graduated prior to the trip, some were graduating from a 2 or 4 yr college at the time as well.
Also the tagging that you're referring to-the permissions-that didn't exist in 2009, I could tag anything/anyone in a phot with a name or sentence. Many of the "friends" photos had people tagged multiple times with their FB name & a nickname as well. IMO she wasn't tagged because of the comments that were taking place on the photos & I don't believe she had FB at that point, just MySpace.
Also, Peter Brozowitz did/does have money-google him, you'll find all his old internet scams. Check out his social media, he's not poor & it's not daddy's money.
Question is why drop so much on a high profile(for Rochester) defense lawyer BEFORE your labeled a POI if you've done nothing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb