Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a moment but it comes up for me?

I can't pull up the video while at work. Can some please tell me what it is about?? TIA

so according to theories i have heard about what LE thinks they dont believe any of the ppl with her were involved, they dont believe she was trafficked, so what excatly do they believe happened? It seems to me they spend more time saying that things couldnt have happened then figuring out what could have... and if there is no evidence then how can they rule anyone or anything out

^^^

Pardon me if I'm wrong I don't follow this case very closely but I do remember the Disappeared episode about her and I remember they said one of her cellphone pings was close to a pond that they searched. One theory was that alligators from the pond ate her. They even found a pair of sunglasses that looked like a pair she might have had. I don't know if this theory has be debunked or not though.

Here's an excerpt from an article:

A couple from Charleston County, who were camping in a wooded section of riverbank along the north Santee river in Georgetown county, found a pair of knock-off designer sunglasses that match the sunglasses Drexel can be seen wearing in a photo days before her disappearance.

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_2beb97fc-9b07-5d78-9a70-7750ae794531.html

Cherrydocs- no need to apologize. I think it was a river rather than a pond but I think that's always a possibility. Anything is-but who put her there?
IMO & it's JMO...IF it was her DNA that was found on the sunglasses found 5 years ago, I think we would have heard about the positive result & it certainly would be able to be found on google when searching. Again MOO....

Thank you for joining us, Britt could use new viewers with new ideas.

IMO We could use a list from the beginning of thoughts, ideas & unanswered questions from WSers. Some days I wish you could query & filter the forums. :/

so according to theories i have heard about what LE thinks they dont believe any of the ppl with her were involved, they dont believe she was trafficked, so what excatly do they believe happened? It seems to me they spend more time saying that things couldnt have happened then figuring out what could have... and if there is no evidence then how can they rule anyone or anything out

I believe the latest articles do say that that nobody has been ruled out...at least we have that...I guess? JMO

One of the biggest problems is that there are two PD's involved in the case one is in Rochester and the other is in MB. Both of them aren't doing a very good job with this whole thing. JMO

^^^

Pardon me if I'm wrong I don't follow this case very closely but I do remember the Disappeared episode about her and I remember they said one of her cellphone pings was close to a pond that they searched. One theory was that alligators from the pond ate her. They even found a pair of sunglasses that looked like a pair she might have had. I don't know if this theory has be debunked or not though.

Here's an excerpt from an article:

A couple from Charleston County, who were camping in a wooded section of riverbank along the north Santee river in Georgetown county, found a pair of knock-off designer sunglasses that match the sunglasses Drexel can be seen wearing in a photo days before her disappearance.

http://www.scnow.com/news/local/article_2beb97fc-9b07-5d78-9a70-7750ae794531.html

IIRC, the sunglasses have been ruled out as being hers.

I agree with the 2nd piece but the first, if you ask RPD will tell you they're not involved & it is MBPDs investigation. :/

I agree with the 2nd piece but the first, if you ask RPD will tell you they're not involved & it is MBPDs investigation. :/

I believe the Monroe County Sherrif's Office interviewed PB with his lawyer present.

Just checking to see if theres any new news but like usual sadly to say the awnser again is NO?

After reading comments on pages dedicated to Brittanee's case, I have found that a lot of people seem to believe that her friends were involved in her disappearance. It is definitely fishy that her friends did not care that she was missing and that they just left to go back home without her. It is fishy that Peter and his friends left the hotel in the early morning and that Peter immediately got a lawyer. But there are other things that don't really add up--things that make me not so sure that the friends were involved in the case.

1. Jen had contacted Brittanee and said she wanted her shorts back. Teenagers bicker over petty things and fight all the time. This is not uncommon. Teenagers can be cruel to one another. Is the fact that the girls were not nice to Brittanee enough to suggest that they had something to do with her disappearance? I am not saying it's impossible that they were involved, but I would think that investigators would need more to go on than the fact that they simply weren't very nice to her. Being mean or catty can be typical of a lot of teenagers, unfortunately.

2. After visiting Peter at the Blue Water Resort, Brittanee is shown on the surveillance camera leaving the hotel alone:
View attachment 64893
A lot of people have said that Peter must have followed her out of the hotel sometime after she left, got in his car, and picked her up while she was walking. If this were the case, Peter would have been shown on the same video camera leaving the hotel sometime after her--unless he took another exit, of course. Do we know if all exits of the hotel had surveillance cameras? Was there any way he could have exited the hotel without being seen?
Was Peter shown on any surveillance videos at any time after Brittanee left, and if so, how much time had already passed since she left?

I think it's important to note that Brittanee never made it to the traffic camera that had initially captured her walking on her way to the hotel. Peter would have had to get in his car, drive by where she was walking, and pick her up all before Brittanee made it to that traffic camera.

After reading comments on pages dedicated to Brittanee's case, I have found that a lot of people seem to believe that her friends were involved in her disappearance. It is definitely fishy that her friends did not care that she was missing and that they just left to go back home without her. It is fishy that Peter and his friends left the hotel in the early morning and that Peter immediately got a lawyer. But there are other things that don't really add up--things that make me not so sure that the friends were involved in the case.

1. Jen had contacted Brittanee and said she wanted her shorts back. Teenagers bicker over petty things and fight all the time. This is not uncommon. Teenagers can be cruel to one another. Is the fact that the girls were not nice to Brittanee enough to suggest that they had something to do with her disappearance? I am not saying it's impossible that they were involved, but I would think that investigators would need more to go on than the fact that they simply weren't very nice to her. Being mean or catty can be typical of a lot of teenagers, unfortunately.

2. After visiting Peter at the Blue Water Resort, Brittanee is shown on the surveillance camera leaving the hotel alone:
View attachment 64893
A lot of people have said that Peter must have followed her out of the hotel sometime after she left, got in his car, and picked her up while she was walking. If this were the case, Peter would have been shown on the same video camera leaving the hotel sometime after her--unless he took another exit, of course. Do we know if all exits of the hotel had surveillance cameras? Was there any way he could have exited the hotel without being seen?
Was Peter shown on any surveillance videos at any time after Brittanee left, and if so, how much time had already passed since she left?

I think it's important to note that Brittanee never made it to the traffic camera that had initially captured her walking on her way to the hotel. Peter would have had to get in his car, drive by where she was walking, and pick her up all before Brittanee made it to that traffic camera.

Welcome to websleuths rcl thank you for your interesting post.

When I went looking for the article mentioned above I found this one. I thought it interesting. PB had his lawyer speaking in MSM for him 4/29/09 & referred to the interviews as being via conference call.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=293717

Posted: 04.29.2009 at 10:05 PM
(Updated: 11:45pm Wednesday)

Myrtle Beach Police stepped up their search Wednesday for a missing teenager from New York state - after a possible sighting on Ocean Boulevard.

Police say 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel disappeared Saturday night while here on spring break with friends.

There was a possible sighting of Drexel Wednesday morning, when someone reported seeing a girl matching Drexel's description getting off a bus in Myrtle Beach that came from Georgetown.

[modsnip]

If you have any information, no matter how small you think it could be, you're asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918 1382.
I'm curious, was this ever followed up, I don't ever remember seeing this anywhere else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel