Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link didn't work for me..... I have followed this case for some time now, its time for Brittanee to come home....

The link didn't work for me..... I have followed this case for some time now, its time for Brittanee to come home....

Odd, I tested it after. It's not hard to find if you google "Brittanee Drexel bus sighting false"

After reading comments on pages dedicated to Brittanee's case, I have found that a lot of people seem to believe that her friends were involved in her disappearance. It is definitely fishy that her friends did not care that she was missing and that they just left to go back home without her. It is fishy that Peter and his friends left the hotel in the early morning and that Peter immediately got a lawyer. But there are other things that don't really add up--things that make me not so sure that the friends were involved in the case.

1. Jen had contacted Brittanee and said she wanted her shorts back. Teenagers bicker over petty things and fight all the time. This is not uncommon. Teenagers can be cruel to one another. Is the fact that the girls were not nice to Brittanee enough to suggest that they had something to do with her disappearance? I am not saying it's impossible that they were involved, but I would think that investigators would need more to go on than the fact that they simply weren't very nice to her. Being mean or catty can be typical of a lot of teenagers, unfortunately.

2. After visiting Peter at the Blue Water Resort, Brittanee is shown on the surveillance camera leaving the hotel alone:
View attachment 64893
A lot of people have said that Peter must have followed her out of the hotel sometime after she left, got in his car, and picked her up while she was walking. If this were the case, Peter would have been shown on the same video camera leaving the hotel sometime after her--unless he took another exit, of course. Do we know if all exits of the hotel had surveillance cameras? Was there any way he could have exited the hotel without being seen?
Was Peter shown on any surveillance videos at any time after Brittanee left, and if so, how much time had already passed since she left?

I think it's important to note that Brittanee never made it to the traffic camera that had initially captured her walking on her way to the hotel. Peter would have had to get in his car, drive by where she was walking, and pick her up all before Brittanee made it to that traffic camera.
These are all excellent questions! I think we can all agree on the fact that LE is definitely tight-lipped when it comes to Brittanee's disappearance and the circumstances that surround it. They've given the public somewhat of what I would call 'mixed signals'- early in the investigation, LE stated that all of the friends whereabouts at the time of Brittanee's disappearance were accounted for, even though their actions and behavior following April 25, 2009 are literally repulsive. Even though the "friends" dodged Dawn's frantic phone calls, gave multiple inconsistent stories, and offered zero assistance in the searches performed, LE must have something indicating that they're not involved, or more effort would be given on LE's behalf to continue interviewing all of them- regardless of having a lawyer or not. They say they have no reason to believe they're involved, but then turn around a release statements such as "no one has been cleared"....so honestly, no one knows. IMO, I think they are out of suspects and tips and that her case has hit this wall that seems impossible to get past, so they release statements like "no one is cleared" simply to keep her name in the media and to make their department look better, even though it may not be 100% truthful.

Another thing that has caught my attention recently is how non-chalant SC LE is on the topic of human trafficking. They brush it off like its a ridiculous accusation and act like its nonexistent in their area.. Reality check, it's not. It's real. It may be a long shot but at this point, something NEEDS to be done. I never would have thought that we'd still be here over 5 years later racking our brains and trying to figure out what on earth has happened to this girl.

side note: In almost every recent picture I've seen of PB, he's on a boat. He travels a lot, and he's always at some beach hanging out on a boat. Brittanee's last phone ping was at a boat landing...... Not saying PB is involved but we all know he has sketchy business contacts related to the nightclub scenes in multiple states INCLUDING NY, SC and NC. Could just be a coincidence!

All good thoughts...Its been a long time but thinking back I have felt also that maybe someone picked her up just because she didn't want to walk all the way back...( were all cabs accounted for) or someone could have grabbed her... spring break had many people on the streets so if there was a forced kidnapping why didn't someone notice it. LE knew where Britt turned around and headed south...and that she wasn't walking anymore. Again IIRC there was stopover or delay just outside the beach area. Not sure if that area was searched well because a lot of focus was on where the phone binged last at the bridge...the phone travelled somewhat of a distance that night ... could or did anyone on the route that night noticed anything . How could a car travel that far and not be on several videos along the way?? Could have LE followed phone towers to see who binged along the area at the time Britts phone also binged? LE was so tight lipped...did they do a good job from the start gathering information or did they miss the opportunity. Was she targeted because she HAD walked this area previously alone ? There were so many questions about Brittanee's case that never got answered.

After reading comments on pages dedicated to Brittanee's case, I have found that a lot of people seem to believe that her friends were involved in her disappearance. It is definitely fishy that her friends did not care that she was missing and that they just left to go back home without her. It is fishy that Peter and his friends left the hotel in the early morning and that Peter immediately got a lawyer. But there are other things that don't really add up--things that make me not so sure that the friends were involved in the case.

1. Jen had contacted Brittanee and said she wanted her shorts back. Teenagers bicker over petty things and fight all the time. This is not uncommon. Teenagers can be cruel to one another. Is the fact that the girls were not nice to Brittanee enough to suggest that they had something to do with her disappearance? I am not saying it's impossible that they were involved, but I would think that investigators would need more to go on than the fact that they simply weren't very nice to her. Being mean or catty can be typical of a lot of teenagers, unfortunately.

2. After visiting Peter at the Blue Water Resort, Brittanee is shown on the surveillance camera leaving the hotel alone:
View attachment 64893
A lot of people have said that Peter must have followed her out of the hotel sometime after she left, got in his car, and picked her up while she was walking. If this were the case, Peter would have been shown on the same video camera leaving the hotel sometime after her--unless he took another exit, of course. Do we know if all exits of the hotel had surveillance cameras? Was there any way he could have exited the hotel without being seen?
Was Peter shown on any surveillance videos at any time after Brittanee left, and if so, how much time had already passed since she left?

I think it's important to note that Brittanee never made it to the traffic camera that had initially captured her walking on her way to the hotel. Peter would have had to get in his car, drive by where she was walking, and pick her up all before Brittanee made it to that traffic camera.

Welcome and good post. I tend to agree with you. I think the group of so called friends are guilty of a lot of things but they're not at the top of my list of who's responsible for BD's going missing. Certainly enough fishy stuff as you say to warrant close analysis and continued looks until this case is resolved, but I fear there has always been a bit of tunnel vision on the friends. They should definitely be looked at but they shouldn't so dominate the conversation.

I like your point about how PB is usually on a boat of some sort. I did hear that he was familiar with the boat landing, but I cannot confirm this for sure. I was trying to come up with a timeline for PB or whoever is responsible for Brittanee's disappearance.

After Brittanee first disappeared, her phone pinged in Surfside Beach around 9:27 PM.
It takes about 16 minutes to drive from Myrtle Beach to Surfside Beach.
However, it takes another 52 minutes to get from Surfside Beach to the Pole Yard Boat Landing.
So whoever took Brittanee (or her phone, because we aren't sure if she was separated from the phone) to the Pole Yard Boat Landing would have arrived there around 10:20 PM or so.
Instead, Brittanee's last cell phone ping occurred near the Pole Yard Boat Landing around 11:58 PM. So we have around 1.5 hours of time that isn't accounted for. What happened to Brittanee or the phone during this time is unknown...

If the person left the Pole Yard Boat Landing after Brittanee's last cell phone ping (which occurred around 11:58 PM) and immediately went back to Myrtle Beach, it would have taken a little over 1 hour to get back there. That brings the time to around 1:00 AM. PB allegedly checked out of his hotel around 1:00 AM, although I have heard some reports say he checked out around 2:00 AM.
Either way, he could have checked out immediately after returning from the boat landing, or he could have rushed around packing for an hour and then left.
He may or may not be responsible, but he did check out of his hotel not too long after Brittanee went missing.
To be fair, it is possible that he innocently checked out of his hotel at a time that he did not know would make him look suspicious later on.

I like your point about how PB is usually on a boat of some sort. I did hear that he was familiar with the boat landing, but I cannot confirm this for sure. I was trying to come up with a timeline for PB or whoever is responsible for Brittanee's disappearance.

After Brittanee first disappeared, her phone pinged in Surfside Beach around 9:27 PM.
However, it takes another 52 minutes to get from Surfside Beach to the Pole Yard Boat Landing.
So whoever took Brittanee (or her phone, because we aren't sure if she was separated from the phone) to the Pole Yard Boat Landing would have arrived there around 10:20 PM or so.
Instead, Brittanee's last cell phone ping occurred near the Pole Yard Boat Landing around 11:58 PM. So we have around 1.5 hours of time that isn't accounted for. What happened to Brittanee or the phone during this time is unknown...

If the person left the Pole Yard Boat Landing after Brittanee's last cell phone ping (which occurred around 11:58 PM) and immediately went back to Myrtle Beach, it would have taken a little over 1 hour to get back there. That brings the time to around 1:00 AM. PB allegedly checked out of his hotel around 1:00 AM, although I have heard some reports say he checked out around 2:00 AM.
Either way, he could have checked out immediately after returning from the boat landing, or he could have rushed around packing for an hour and then left.
He may or may not be responsible, but he did check out of his hotel not too long after Brittanee went missing.
To be fair, it is possible that he innocently checked out of his hotel at a time that he did not know would make him look suspicious later on.

Just thinking if it was PB and if he only had Britt' s phone...why go so far away just to throw it away and then return to the hotel...if he dropped her off somewhere else. Guess it is possible but he had to do some travelling to get back but for me I keep going back to it wasn't just PB... there were two other travel companions with him at the condo that went home that night also...and I'm guessing LE could not get any of the three to contradict each other. The kids did show bad behavior but not sure it would escalate to murder...

Ok instead of doubling back what would happen it the perp continued south

What if the perp continued on South just tossing the phone off the bridge and it landed close to the water maybe pinging until the tide came in or the battery failed like in the Michelle Parker case... what time would the perp be in the other cities further down the hwy and also what LE traffic stops were made that night at those towns?
Did anyone see anything... guess it's late to be asking now...

There has to be someone who came in contact with the perp on the Hwy that night....some camera, some record, some person, something.

Prayers that Brittanee is found soon and also for her mom Dawn , on this Christmas Day.

These are all excellent questions! I think we can all agree on the fact that LE is definitely tight-lipped when it comes to Brittanee's disappearance and the circumstances that surround it. They've given the public somewhat of what I would call 'mixed signals'- early in the investigation, LE stated that all of the friends whereabouts at the time of Brittanee's disappearance were accounted for, even though their actions and behavior following April 25, 2009 are literally repulsive. Even though the "friends" dodged Dawn's frantic phone calls, gave multiple inconsistent stories, and offered zero assistance in the searches performed, LE must have something indicating that they're not involved, or more effort would be given on LE's behalf to continue interviewing all of them- regardless of having a lawyer or not. They say they have no reason to believe they're involved, but then turn around a release statements such as "no one has been cleared"....so honestly, no one knows. IMO, I think they are out of suspects and tips and that her case has hit this wall that seems impossible to get past, so they release statements like "no one is cleared" simply to keep her name in the media and to make their department look better, even though it may not be 100% truthful.

Another thing that has caught my attention recently is how non-chalant SC LE is on the topic of human trafficking. They brush it off like its a ridiculous accusation and act like its nonexistent in their area.. Reality check, it's not. It's real. It may be a long shot but at this point, something NEEDS to be done. I never would have thought that we'd still be here over 5 years later racking our brains and trying to figure out what on earth has happened to this girl.

side note: In almost every recent picture I've seen of PB, he's on a boat. He travels a lot, and he's always at some beach hanging out on a boat. Brittanee's last phone ping was at a boat landing...... Not saying PB is involved but we all know he has sketchy business contacts related to the nightclub scenes in multiple states INCLUDING NY, SC and NC. Could just be a coincidence!

BBM

Totally agree! Don't want to tarnish the tourism market.

Wilson says SC AG office increasing efforts to prosecute human trafficking
DARLINGTON, S.C. — South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson spoke to members of the Darlington Kiwanis Club on Thursday about issues his office is addressing such as human trafficking, online security and gang intervention.

Former Darlington County Circuit Judge and club president John Milling asked about what he saw as increased human trafficking.

“It seems like over the past three to five years, the number of attractive young ladies who are disappearing in the Myrtle Beach area has increased. Is there potential that some of these may have in fact been kidnapped and put into that sex trade you’re talking about?” Milling asked.

“Definitely, not potential,” Wilson said. “It’s happening.”

What if Brittanee was taken to pole yard boat landing from MB or the surfside beach area via a boat/watercraft? That might account for the extra time. Perhaps an exchange was made at that landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wistv.com/story/27769081/sc-prosecutor-discussing-fight-against-human-trafficking

"When people think of human trafficking, they think of something that happens in a far off land to people that cannot even be middle class or upper middle class and we're trying to destroy that perception," Wilson said. "Human trafficking can happen to anybody at any socioeconomic level at any time. It is the fastest growing criminal enterprise in the world. The United States is the number one destination for it and here on the eastern seaboard, which South Carolina is, it is a fast growing criminal enterprise."

It says it was a black 4 door van, didn't it?

...pulled beside her in a 4 door black vehicle.

Thanks Addysmom. I see it now. Hopefully they can find it on video and narrow down the vehicle type.

I'm sorry-disregard van. It said vehicle.

Facebook Launches Amber Alerts to Help Find Missing Children
NEW YORK — Jan 13, 2015, 8:26 AM ET
Associated Press

Facebook users in the U.S. will soon receive Amber Alerts to help find missing children who may be located near them.

[…]

Last March, a missing 11-year-old girl was found in a South Carolina motel room when a motel clerk called police after seeing an Amber Alert on Facebook, according to the company and reports at the time.

[...]

BBM

Ive just found this website a few days ago and have been reading all the pages . ive followed brittanees case for a long time, although i live in the uk so i have to google for updates. I saw someone write a big paragraph saying how she could have been carrying drugs back and the friends dont want to speak because of the drugs. I totally agree. I dont think her friends have had anything to do with it directly (killing her themselves) but i think they are scared to talk because they are involved in some way with the activites which they were doing and fear they will be blamed. I dont think police will be bothered if they were doing drugs 5 years on, i think they just want to find brittanee . maybe the friends didnt answer the mothers phone calls because they knew brittanee wasnt supposed to be in myrtle beach and the friends thought her mother would have a go at them. Also ive seen people say brittanee knew peter before she went to myrtle beach however ive seen things saying she met him there? So which one is right?

Also i dont believe they have trafficked her. They were just kids enjoying spring break and i really dont think they would hate brittanee enough to be bothered to do something as extreme as that. I especially cant see ALL of them going along with that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth