Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking about the person who originally messaged this guy. I'm not saying people here are harassing him. I'm just saying there's a bigger picture. They didn't just spontaneously start writing that garbage. Yuck. I never want to read it again.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
To me that girl is writing those comments because she knows something and not because of racism or harrassment. How can you call a murdered girl a ho and act like she was all game for the stuff that happened to her and basically insinuate that it was her own fault? You dont just come out with stuff like that, she either knows something or like i said before shes been brainwashed by the taylors to believe that britt went willingly and it was her own fault , like most of the taylors friends probably have been brainwashed to believe that. Isnt that what killers do afterall, manipulate people and lie.

To me that girl is writing those comments because she knows something and not because of racism or harrassment. How can you call a murdered girl a ho and act like she was all game for the stuff that happened to her and basically insinuate that it was her own fault? You dont just come out with stuff like that, she either knows something or like i said before shes been brainwashed by the taylors to believe that britt went willingly and it was her own fault like most of the taylors friends probBly have been brainwashed to believe that. Isnt that what killers do manipulate people and lie.
Like I said, I'm not defending them. I think it's disgusting. Full stop. I'm just saying to at least acknowledge the whole story. Someone messaged him to accuse him and use racial slurs. It does not justify their responses, but as sluethers we usually like to use all of the information we have, to form opinions. I don't know if she has guilty knowledge. I do know she has a nasty mouth. But no one has even been arrested, so we don't know for sure this group is involved. And if they are, there are many things to say about him without stooping so low. I realize this is not a popular opinion, but it's the truth.

Like I said, I'm not defending them. I think it's disgusting. Full stop. I'm just saying to at least acknowledge the whole story. Someone messaged him to accuse him and use racial slurs. It does not justify their responses, but as sluethers we usually like to use all of the information we have, to form opinions. I don't know if she has guilty knowledge. I do know she has a nasty mouth. But no one has even been arrested, so we don't know for sure this group is involved. And if they are, there are many things to say about him without stooping so low. I realize this is not a popular opinion, but it's the truth.

Yeah i do understand both sides , i just wanted to comment to stick up for brittanee, she isnt alive to defend for herself against those horrible words said about her which are so untrue, the taylors are alive and can defend for themselves . it just nade me so upset to see them names being said about her when she is dead!! Even if she did go willingly and wanted to do some sex and drugs she didnt ask to get killed :(

I agree with you. This man received some nasty comments on his messenger and posted it to show people what he has to deal with due to his last name. We have no idea if he is involved whatsoever. As for the girl who commented, although obviously a vile human being, there is nothing to suggest she is doing anything more than repeating rumours. JMO

I agree with you. This man received some nasty comments on his messenger and posted it to show people what he has to deal with due to his last name. We have no idea if he is involved whatsoever. As for the girl who commented, although obviously a vile human being, there is nothing to suggest she is doing anything more than repeating rumours. JMO
I think they may have got this DT mixed up with our suspect DT. Because they have the same initials i think it was directed at the suspect and not him

I think they may have got this DT mixed up with our suspect DT. Because they have the same initials i think it was directed at the suspect and not him
It's still wrong. It's still harassment. I don't think supporting that behavior does anything to honor Brittanee's life.

It's still wrong. It's still harassment. I don't think supporting that behavior does anything to honor Brittanee's life.

Yeah i know was just saying, hopefully the fbi will check certain people out though!

I'm looking at the original message now. There was no racial slurs used. In the replies, I see a white slur used and then someone calling the vic a little hoe. That comment and replies on it is where it goes south. Sidenote, the n word used with "a" at the end is different than "er". I refrain from using it entirely because it's unprofessional but in Cleveland it's used constantly with "a" at the end by people of all colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then it has been deleted. I did the research last night. I'm just making sure all of the information is acknowledged. Lovinlife, I'm not the only person who saw it.

ETA, I don't think there's any way to justify any of the racial comments.

We really can just move on. It's just more responsible to post all of the facts.

To me that girl is writing those comments because she knows something and not because of racism or harrassment. How can you call a murdered girl a ho and act like she was all game for the stuff that happened to her and basically insinuate that it was her own fault? You dont just come out with stuff like that, she either knows something or like i said before shes been brainwashed by the taylors to believe that britt went willingly and it was her own fault , like most of the taylors friends probably have been brainwashed to believe that. Isnt that what killers do afterall, manipulate people and lie.

I don't mean to minimize your feelings, but those comments are fairly "tame". I have seen way worse vile comments about Britt and her family out there. Is it wrong? Abso-freakin-lutely! But people become internet cowboys and post nasty crap about stuff they know nothing about all day long, and Britt is no exception unfortunately. I also really don't think the person who posted knows anything. She was just repeating what she has heard, probably from media and rumors. And I have no doubt that FBI is monitoring everything.

Good morning friends and good morning Brittanee. It makes me happy to see discussion on this thread and to see Britt at the top of forum when I come here. What is going on in here though guys? I see a lot of back and forth going on here and I'm not sure if it's all positive or not. There have been a lot of folks in and around McClellanville who post references to Britt's case and some of them are subtle and others not so much. The Taylor name is very popular in the area so it's hard to determine who is closely related versus who isn't. IMO, the post that Chad Drexel made on his Facebook page spawned a lot of the negative comments that we are seeing. He posted links to Shaun and Dashaun's Facebook pages and said they are the suspects in this case. The public took this information and ran with it it looks like. Additionally, it looks like the public also looked up others in the area with the last name Taylor and began messaging them under the assumption that they were ALL involved in this case. They weren't and that's the issue with these messages.

So I have been keeping Facebook tabs on the mclellanville crew. Stumbled upon an individual with a very familiar last name DT are the initials and not poppa Taylor. He posted a message he received and I scrolled through the comments. It was posted Sept 2nd. I really hope the FBI is watching! Wish there was a button to click that would alert a post/comment to the FBI.

In effort to make things less confusing, we can talk about the suspects by name since they've been named in the media. The person you are talking about is not Dashaun Taylor and it's not his father Shaun Taylor (who uses the alias Darrenl Taylor) on Facebook. I think not being very specific is what has caused a lot of confusion around here. FWIW, the FBI is watching and they have seen this post.

The comment you're referencing just gave me chills. I recently asked a friend who is a detective about 40 miles away from McVille. Though this person said their knowledge was limited to what they had heard from others in their respective police jurisdiction, so it can only be considered heresay (I.E.: please don't jump on me for sharing. If you take out the drug reference and replace it with heavy drinking, that comment basically said exactly what I was told as to how she ended up in MCville (except what I was told was in far more professional terms)
I asked this person why they thought her cell activity suddenly stopped because that to me is the biggest factor here in whether she went willingly or not....and I was told "I'm
Not sure that it did suddenly stop."
Has it been reported by any credible source that there was absolutely no text activity after her last texts to JG or is that an assumption we have all made?

If we remember back to the beginning of this case, it was mentioned early on that the last ping from Brittanee's cell phone happened more than 24 hours after she disappeared. I believe the wording was "the next night" and "around 11pm on the 26th." The issue with this was that this information was redacted from the media but you can still find chatter about it here on Websleuths. Additionally, it was said that her phone was consistently pinging the SAME area for approximately 24 hours leading up to the final ping. We surmised here that that would indicate that the phone was placed in one spot and left there until the battery died. We also surmised that it wasn't in the water otherwise the phone would have died much sooner. With regard to why the information was redacted, we didn't know. It was speculated that it was misinformation and that could be why. It also may have been redacted because it wasn't supposed to have been released publicly. Given your post it could be the latter...

To answer your final question, yes, all credible sources have stated that there were no more outgoing texts from Brittanee's phone after her final text to John Greico (boyfriend) at 8:58pm.

Good point. I think it's an assumption based on what has been said by BD's boyfriend, that her texts to HIM suddenly stopped. That doesn't mean her texts/calls elsewhere had stopped. Also doesn't mean she was the one in control of her cell phone and it's activity either.

LE has stated that text was the final outgoing text. Could they be preserving valuable information to protect the case? Yes. But that's what they've stated publicly.

My guess is because sports back ground or hell iam smokin hot dont ya know lol i really dont know it took 5 minutes for him to accept it ..what is weird is where he is i would have to look again but it looks like he is in alaska or somewhere like that i believe he is working on something to do with the oil rigs buisness ..

Are we looking at the same Peter Brozowitz? AFAIK, he works in real estate/landscaping in Rochester.

I just looked on the Bringing Home Facebook page and people really do say some disgusting things. In my opinion we shouldn't be messaging people accusing them of things they aren't suspected of (officially) and calling them RACIST names. I understand why some were bringing up the racism thing, but then in the same breath to imply (or outright say) that she deserved it and calling her derogatory names is just evil. Saying that we wouldn't care if Brittanee was black also doesn't justify saying these horrible things. Both sides are saying horrible things now. The racism and harassment isn't acceptable. We have to accept that not everyone who knows the main suspects actually knows what happened, even if they are saying disgusting things about Brittanee. Even if BG is a bad person it doesn't mean racism towards him is okay, plus I DON'T think he's old enough to have been involved in BD's murder.

I hope I'm not coming across as not caring about Brittanee or the people who did this being brought to justice because that is NOT AT ALL the case!!

Agreed with almost all of this.

Same for me. The last post I can see on DT's FB page is a picture of a snake posted on June 2.

Its not on DT the suspects fb page, go on his friends and look for another DT with same last name and different first name, its on his page.

To avoid any confusion, I believe we can use Dashaun's name in full now since he's been named a suspect. It might be easier to say "the post is not on Dashaun Taylor's page, but on the page of someone else who has the same initials and same last name."

I do think someone from Brittanee's page, provoked people a bit. Obviously their comments are VILE. But it appears that what started it, was someone sending him a nasty message about what he's "done" (allegedly), and calling him the N word. I'm NOT defending their comments, but someone did start with sending accusations and racial slurs. When the page posted screen shots, they made sure that first message was small and blurry. So they aren't being completely transparent about the situation. I think racial slurs towards ANYONE is vile.

Yes. Race should not be a topic here. It's abundantly clear that the victim and the suspect(s) are from different races but that's not WHY they committed this crime and for someone to use another person's race as the basis for their insult is just appalling. I see what people are trying to do by defending Brittanee but as I saw written somewhere else -- the entire town is not guilty.

I think we gathered different things from the comment you are referring to. In fact it did not strike me at all that she knows what happened or has been brainwashed. She struck me exactly as someone who if offended by the racial slurs and harassment of people who (in her opinion) don't know what happened. While I can agree that the verbiage used lacks any ounce of class or coherency, I believe she even stated that she does not know the people involved. What I think has happened in her case is that she has heard rumors about what happened to Brittanee -- and probably even some lies -- and either doesn't know the suspects directly or doesn't believe it was them. I wish she had chosen her words about Brittanee more carefully because we all know what she stated isn't true.

Dateline, I agree with almost everything you say and I find you to be very articulate. Thank you for your valuable input. I would like to argue one point that you make and that would be where you say no one has been arrested. While the FBI "formally" arrested Dashaun Taylor in connection with the 2011 robbery, they made it crystal clear that they really took him in for questioning in connection to Brittanee's case. I do not believe they would have gone the extra mile that they did to charge a case which had already been dealt with by the state if it weren't for Brittanee and for that reason I would go as far as saying that there has been an arrest in this case. It's a shame he was released on bail (seems common in this family), but I'm confident they have the right "group" and that further arrests are to follow.

Good morning friends and good morning Brittanee. It makes me happy to see discussion on this thread and to see Britt at the top of forum when I come here. What is going on in here though guys? I see a lot of back and forth going on here and I'm not sure if it's all positive or not. There have been a lot of folks in and around McClellanville who post references to Britt's case and some of them are subtle and others not so much. The Taylor name is very popular in the area so it's hard to determine who is closely related versus who isn't. IMO, the post that Chad Drexel made on his Facebook page spawned a lot of the negative comments that we are seeing. He posted links to Shaun and Dashaun's Facebook pages and said they are the suspects in this case. The public took this information and ran with it it looks like. Additionally, it looks like the public also looked up others in the area with the last name Taylor and began messaging them under the assumption that they were ALL involved in this case. They weren't and that's the issue with these messages.

In effort to make things less confusing, we can talk about the suspects by name since they've been named in the media. The person you are talking about is not Dashaun Taylor and it's not his father Shaun Taylor (who uses the alias Darrenl Taylor) on Facebook. I think not being very specific is what has caused a lot of confusion around here. FWIW, the FBI is watching and they have seen this post.

If we remember back to the beginning of this case, it was mentioned early on that the last ping from Brittanee's cell phone happened more than 24 hours after she disappeared. I believe the wording was "the next night" and "around 11pm on the 26th." The issue with this was that this information was redacted from the media but you can still find chatter about it here on Websleuths. Additionally, it was said that her phone was consistently pinging the SAME area for approximately 24 hours leading up to the final ping. We surmised here that that would indicate that the phone was placed in one spot and left there until the battery died. We also surmised that it wasn't in the water otherwise the phone would have died much sooner. With regard to why the information was redacted, we didn't know. It was speculated that it was misinformation and that could be why. It also may have been redacted because it wasn't supposed to have been released publicly. Given your post it could be the latter...

To answer your final question, yes, all credible sources have stated that there were no more outgoing texts from Brittanee's phone after her final text to John Greico (boyfriend) at 8:58pm.

LE has stated that text was the final outgoing text. Could they be preserving valuable information to protect the case? Yes. But that's what they've stated publicly.

Are we looking at the same Peter Brozowitz? AFAIK, he works in real estate/landscaping in Rochester.

Agreed with almost all of this.

To avoid any confusion, I believe we can use Dashaun's name in full now since he's been named a suspect. It might be easier to say "the post is not on Dashaun Taylor's page, but on the page of someone else who has the same initials and same last name."

Yes. Race should not be a topic here. It's abundantly clear that the victim and the suspect(s) are from different races but that's not WHY they committed this crime and for someone to use another person's race as the basis for their insult is just appalling. I see what people are trying to do by defending Brittanee but as I saw written somewhere else -- the entire town is not guilty.

I think we gathered different things from the comment you are referring to. In fact it did not strike me at all that she knows what happened or has been brainwashed. She struck me exactly as someone who if offended by the racial slurs and harassment of people who (in her opinion) don't know what happened. While I can agree that the verbiage used lacks any ounce of class or coherency, I believe she even stated that she does not know the people involved. What I think has happened in her case is that she has heard rumors about what happened to Brittanee -- and probably even some lies -- and either doesn't know the suspects directly or doesn't believe it was them. I wish she had chosen her words about Brittanee more carefully because we all know what she stated isn't true.

Dateline, I agree with almost everything you say and I find you to be very articulate. Thank you for your valuable input. I would like to argue one point that you make and that would be where you say no one has been arrested. While the FBI "formally" arrested Dashaun Taylor in connection with the 2011 robbery, they made it crystal clear that they really took him in for questioning in connection to Brittanee's case. I do not believe they would have gone the extra mile that they did to charge a case which had already been dealt with by the state if it weren't for Brittanee and for that reason I would go as far as saying that there has been an arrest in this case. It's a shame he was released on bail (seems common in this family), but I'm confident they have the right "group" and that further arrests are to follow.

Bravo LLLindsayy!!!:takeabow:

Thanks for your posts LLLindsay!

I just want to clarify that I meant to say that particular Taylor family member was not arrested for anything related to Brittanee. I agree with you about everything else!

I keep checking this thread hoping for news of arrests. Justice will soon be served!

Has this been posted here?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article101777902.html

Oh my! I hadn't seen this. I went online and looked up this attorney. Can't tell a lot about his "successfulness" as a criminal defense lawyer. My first thought is how can it be proven that DA'shaun was in school on the date the informant says he witnessed Brittanee being abused (I can't bring myself to type the actual things he says he witnessed). Anyway, I do not think saying he was in school is a good alibi. It hasn't been stated what time of day informant says he was there at the so called stash house. Guess as usual, we yet again are left to "wait and worry". This is all so horrific and I feel really so bad for Brittanee and her family.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Has this been posted here?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article101777902.html

Interesting quote! In the court docs. regarding Taylor, paraphrasing a few people are close to agreeing to testify. IIRC it is around page 16.

Peper told the judge he was asking for the continuance to have “more time to go over plea negotiations” with his client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee