Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And girls will not let minor things go and their reactions are so out of line with the situation. Outrageous reactions to the smallest things. And it always, always, comes down to boys and clothes.

They can be vicious. I have seen girls spread hurtful (and very damaging) rumors and create myspace pages that I think are just hateful, all over some girl getting a boy that another girl likes. I've known a girl to get her teeth knocked out (yes, her front teeth!) over accidentally staining another girl's shirt. And I have most certainly seen teenage girls ostracize another girl over the tiniest of things.

Girls in groups are the worst. They can be plain evil!

Bumping up for TripleA. So was this before or after she left the boys? I'm still confused. Not hard to do....

I think we may be getting confused because of HOW the reporters are telling the story. ??
This piece of video looks like the same one they showed early yesterday and it was noted it was BEFORE the video of her leaving the boys hotel.
(there were past discussions & opinions about the time stamps on the hotel video as well)

Police are looking at the 8:45 pm to 9:15pm time frame.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 videos.
1 leaving the hotel and this one.

Point is, her next ping was NORTH of the boys up around 11th Ave South and can't help but believe that would have been the 9:15 time LE considers critical..

You are correct about this...I wouldn't venture inland off of Highway 17 at night at ALL! I even tried to go through a variety of activities that someone might have legitimately PLANNED on doing there, but just can't find anything that teens would do on their own. This (http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm) is one DAYTIME activity that people do go to that area for, but mostly a grownup or a family type outing. There just aren't any clubs or restaurants down there that make it worth teens driving 40 miles for when the "real" action is up on Ocean Blvd, for innocent reasons that is!

http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm

The only other thing I could see happened. is her in a car going south and the the Perp throwing her stuff out the car along HWY 17, however she might have kept going to whereever. She may not have been with her phone. Also, someone could have stolen her bag and then tossed it.

Anyone else notice that the oceanside bar at Blue Water Resoet is called "Flip Flops"?

The way the phone traveled into williamsburg county makes me wonder if she was kidnapped driven out there dumped and then the perps headed to Charleston on the way took her cash and dumped her purse/cell phone. She may not even be in this area.

I think we may be getting confused because of HOW the reporters are telling the story. ??
This piece of video looks like the same one they showed early yesterday and it was noted it was BEFORE the video of her leaving the boys hotel.
(there were past discussions & opinions about the time stamps on the hotel video as well)

Police are looking at the 8:45 pm to 9:15pm time frame.

To my knowledge, there are only 2 videos.
1 leaving the hotel and this one.

Point is, her next ping was NORTH of the boys up around 11th Ave South and can't help but believe that would have been the 9:15 time LE considers critical..

The hotel stamps are clear as day. They say 7:55 for 4 of them and 8:13 for the last.

You are correct about this...I wouldn't venture inland off of Highway 17 at night at ALL! I even tried to go through a variety of activities that someone might have legitimately PLANNED on doing there, but just can't find anything that teens would do on their own. This (http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm) is one DAYTIME activity that people do go to that area for, but mostly a grownup or a family type outing. There just aren't any clubs or restaurants down there that make it worth teens driving 40 miles for when the "real" action is up on Ocean Blvd, for innocent reasons that is!

http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm

-----------
I drove the 17 south route from Wilmington to Charleston for may years. It is extremely desolate and I was always concerned about something happening along the way since I drove alone. I would only stop in Georgetown or McCellanville if I needed to take a rest stop because there would be people around at a store or something. There are many areas where my cell phone lost signal. I don't think a teenager would volunteer to go into this area. You can drive in the daytime for miles without seeing another car. I have had to return home late at night occasionally and it can be scary.

The hotel stamps are clear as day. They say 7:55 for 4 of them and 8:13 for the last.

Thanks for the info.

Still, the fact remains, she pinged NORTH of the boys hotel around 11th Ave South which is about half the distance to the BarHarbor.

The way the phone traveled into williamsburg county makes me wonder if she was kidnapped driven out there dumped and then the perps headed to Charleston on the way took her cash and dumped her purse/cell phone. She may not even be in this area.

I may be focusing a little too much on this new article that has cropped up from spclk, but as I said I do think this is a local. Last night I mentioned the reference to "Williamsburg County" that was made, and Kingstree and Andrews and said I knew Kingstree was in Williamsburg Co but not sure about Andrews. Well, you learn something new every day - Andrews is in BOTH Georgetown and Williamsburg Counties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrews,_South_Carolina

I thought maybe whoever had her had traveled into Williamsburg Co from Surfside without going through the city of Georgetown. There would be towers along 17 heading into Georgetown and the city that her phone should have hit. News reports didnt mention that. They went from Surfside to below the city of Georgetown near the river. The route(s) from Surfside to Andrews would be very rural, probably spotty reception.

Did they go in to that area and then come back out to the area below Georgetown with her/her phone?

I really, really think this is a local. Someone from one of these smaller towns, like Andrews or Kingstree where 'everybody knows everybody' traveling to the heavily populated tourist area where they would be blend in and be more anonymous.

Let's see if I can get this map to work. If you can't see Kingstree/Andrews, zoom out a little and look NW.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....487581,-79.395447&spn=0.476457,1.230469&z=10

I'm jumping around trying to catch up and to understand the timeline and places involved. Has anyone created a timeline with dates, hotels, events, videos? yet?

FWIW: I have always avoided Myrtle Beach during Spring Break, and the two Biker's Weeks. There used to be two Biker's Weeks. Last time I drove Myrtle Beach it appeared to be pretty seedy looking in some places.

What was the name of the original hotel the girls stayed in?

This is still not making any sense to me.

At 8:13 pm she leaves Blue Water which is near the intersection of 20th Ave South and S. Ocean Blvd.

If she is on video heading south after that, then how can she be heading towards Bar Harbor which is North of Blue Water near the intersection of 1st Ave South and N. Ocean Blvd.

There is another 11th Ave South just beyond Surfside.

map of all three hotels noted in this case.
Map Legend=
A- Bar Harbor 100 North Ocean
B- Boardwalk Motel -2301 North Ocean
C-Blue Water Resort- 2001 South Ocean

(point A)Bar Harbor is 1.4mi. north of the Blue Water Resort(point C)
(point B)Boardwalk is another 1.5 mi further north above the Bar Harbor

BRITTANEE3hotels.jpg

The PING that has been referenced @ 11th Ave. South is about 8 blocks below the Bar Harbor. LE's reference would imply she did not reach the hotel.
Below is a map of 11th Ave.South PING showing how close she was to the BarHarbor Hotel.

(point A is 11th Ave South - point B is Bar Harbor)
11thAveSouthroBarHarbor7miles.jpg

This is still not making any sense to me.

At 8:13 pm she leaves Blue Water which is near the intersection of 20th Ave South and Ocean Blvd.

If she is on video heading south after that, then how can she be heading towards Bar Harbor which is North of Blue Water near the intersection of 1st Ave South and Ocean Blvd.

There is another 11th Ave South just beyond Surfside.

Triple A - I finally saw the time on the sidewalk video says 8:15 too. There has been some confusion with the local affiliate if this was BEFORE or AFTER she went to Bluewater. The reporter on the actual video piece will say one thing and the anchor says another as an addendum.

There are so many possible variables with those camera times, I don't want to start spouting them off to confuse the situation even more. Yes, I am a little confused too. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missmichelle1932