Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there is a lot of prostitution in MB. From streetwalkers to the day spas to high end, from one end of MB/NMB to the other.

Anywhere you have a massive crowd of golfers, you have prostitutes.

I must not know where to look! We spend more time on HHI now, but next time I'm in MB I am going to keep my eyes peeled lol. And MB is DEFINITELY crawling with golfers!

I know I'm grasping at straws right now in this case, but the reason I asked about the prostitutes, is that they tend to "see" things we don't see, notice guys trolling/driving up and down the street, etc. They might have noticed something going on...and if B. was walking along the blvd every night alone, they might have even noticed her (most young girls wouldn't be walking by themselves several nights in a row). I know LE wouldn't bother asking them, but it was just a thought. It really bothers me that nobody saw her, nobody noticed her, nobody has come forward as even seeing or talking to her all the time she was there? I know there are so many kids there and she was just one more in the crowd of thousands, but that just seems impossible to me.

I must not know where to look! We spend more time on HHI now, but next time I'm in MB I am going to keep my eyes peeled lol. And MB is DEFINITELY crawling with golfers!

I don't know if just cruising the blvd you would see anyone immediately recognizable but I'm sure they are there. As far as the streetwalkers go, the locals would be more apt to know where those hang out. I'm sure there are corners that are known, and of course those little cut in streets down near the old Pavillion that run parallel in between 17 & OB. Behind the hotels in the carnival-like part of town would be my closest guess for the closest to OB.

Then there's what they call the Racepath Community - it is a few blocks west of the ocean...Lots of drugs and the two go hand in hand - but if I were you, I wouldn't seek that area out any time of day.

In the second picture you posted the smaller bridge in the picture is a cantilever bridge.

Ok - that is the old Cooper River Bridge. I don't even know if it is still standing. I will try to find out.

Thank you!

Edited: It has been demolished.

"Once the replacement bridge opened, the two existing bridges were removed. A joint venture of Jay Cashman, Inc. and Testa Corporation completed the demolition."

http://www.cooperriverbridge.org/buildingbridge.shtml

Well, get this:

"Last week, investigators searched Georgetown County, where Drexel’s cell phone last gave off a signal. It also gave off a signal in Charleston County."

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local...sing_teen_spreads_to_charleston_county/49116/

This is the first time we have heard this.

Which was it, last in G'town or Charleston? Did it ping down in Charleston and then back up in G'town?

jeeez. I hate our local media. Barney Fife of reporting, I swear.

Well, get this:

"Last week, investigators searched Georgetown County, where Drexel’s cell phone last gave off a signal. It also gave off a signal in Charleston County."

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local...sing_teen_spreads_to_charleston_county/49116/

This is the first time we have heard this.

Which was it, last in G'town or Charleston? Did it ping down in Charleston and then back up in G'town?

jeeez. I hate our local media. Barney Fife of reporting, I swear.

Agree. There was much confusion earlier on because of the poor reporting. Much has been either vague or broard in meaning.

Question:
Are you familiar with any other bridges before you get to the Santee? Anything after Surfside or near Pawley's Island area? Ones that you'd be able to reach just off Hwy 17 going south?

Agree. There was much confusion earlier on because of the poor reporting. Much has been either vague or broard in meaning.

Question:
Are you familiar with any other bridges before you get to the Santee? Anything after Surfside or near Pawley's Island area? Ones that you'd be able to reach just off Hwy 17 going south?

Yes, I think so, a few smaller ones maybe going over marsh areas. I will see if I can find any on Google maps. Now these would be north of Georgetown, but I guess it isnt out of the question they could have done something with her there and tossed the purse/phone out further down the road.

Going to Google.

Ok - I'll go ahead and post this - you see there are atleast two pretty significant looking bridges on 17 before you get into Georgetown. I am going to go in closer and see if I can get a name etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...279,-79.294853&spn=0.119263,0.307617&t=h&z=12

Does anyone have the link of the PB interview? I thought I saw it here somewhere and intended to go back and watch it.. but now I can't locate. TIA.

Does anyone think that it is still possible that Brittanee is a runaway? She wasn't supposed to be in MB and didn't know these other girls very well. So is it possible that she used them as a ride out of town, got to MB and either met up with someone she met online or someone she met that week?

Just a thought.

well, I guess anything is possible. But I don't think this is a runaway case...it's been too long and I think she would have contact someone by now. I do still have faint hope that she is alive though and somebody has her, although I know the odds are small.

Question:

This is the bridge crossing over to Pawley's island from the direction of Highway 17...not cantilevered though I don't believe.

http://www.wuwf.org/Hike/gallery/hg5/h93.jpg

I can't get the maps to take me to a street view to go across those bridges.

Regular map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...3.365696,-79.265156&spn=0.01577,0.038452&z=15

Satellite map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...5696,-79.265113&spn=0.01577,0.038452&t=h&z=15

If I can find out the name of that island, maybe I will have some luck - I really don't think "Unknown Island" is it...I just think Google didn't map it. I will check some of the others and see if there is something better.

There is also a bridge going over the Sampit River just as soon as you come through Georgetown south on 17 before you get to the Santee Rivers.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...069,-79.297214&spn=0.014911,0.038452&t=h&z=15

I personally don't think she is a run-away. She left just about everything she took with her in the Motel room. No clothes, no make-up, no hair care products for a girl that is very careful about her appearance from what I can see in pictures of her.

She was in contact with her Mother ~ and in contact with herBoyfriend by phone until the evening she disappeared.

She had a prom she was scheduled to go to and a dress fitting she has missed. She had always called her Grandparents but her Grandfather's bday has come and gone without word from her.

I would assume that the LE has looked at her computer already and we would know by now if they had someone in mind to look for...

She hasn't been seen, only one false sighting. If she had disappeared willingly I wouldn't imagine that she would allow her Mother and Family and BF to suffer on national TV like they have, she doesn't strike me as a particularily angry teenager.

Even if it turns out against all odds that she has run away, she is still at risk and could be in danger and needs to be found pronto. JMHO

Let's all hope and pray that over the weekend, with the vigil tonight, and the horse searches and all, that something will happen to break this case. Somebody out there knows something, that I am sure of.

I'm just afraid with this big motorcycle fest in MB this weekend, it's going to be wild and people won't be focusing on B. too much.

Does anyone have the link of the PB interview? I thought I saw it here somewhere and intended to go back and watch it.. but now I can't locate. TIA.

I've only seen a reference in an article that PB gave an interview with Dr. Phil and it hasn't aired yet as far as I know.

I've only seen a reference in an article that PB gave an interview with Dr. Phil and it hasn't aired yet as far as I know.

Oh thanks. :waitasec:I thought I'd seen some farily detailed comments and quotes here (he offered her a ride, he knew she'd been on the outs w/ the girls, he was trying to clear his name etc) so I assumed it had already been aired.

I just can't find any specifics on the bridges going across there, those two close together north of Georgetown, but they go over Winyah Bay.

Bay vs. gorge?

http://www.msci.sc.edu/seas/winyahbay.html

"Winyah Bay is located near Georgetown, SC, between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Draining an 18,000 square mile watershed, Winyah Bay is fed by the Sampit, Waccamaw, Pee Dee, Black, and Yadkin Rivers. The bay runs about 12 miles north to south, starting at the Hwy 17 bridge across the Waccamaw and Pee Dee, and ending at the Atlantic Ocean. The deepest part of the bay is a dredged channel running the length of the bay. The channel is about 30’ deep, allowing for large ships to enter Georgetown Harbor. The rest of the bay ranges from about 4’ to 25’."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Featherock