Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right. I was thinking they knew around 10pm, but it was like 3 or 4am. With that being said I would hope that if one of my children (when they are age 20) were on their way home and found out a friend they had known for yrs was missing that they would turn around and go back to help search. 15 hours away or not they should've went back and searched, and they should be more than willing to give any and all info reguarding the whole time they were with her.
As Dawn said PB did talk to her and did try and help getting the girls to talk to her. My beef is with all of them. They didn't mind partying with her they should be more than willing to talk, and search for her. JMO

I'm not sure how many of the other boys were friends with her. If there were 4 or 5 boys in a car.. and we don't know if it wasn't PB's car do we? I think all those factors play into not returning. The marine friend didn't file police report until 5am or something like that. If he had calls from Dawn, boyfriend or the marine on the trip home.. the carload of boys probably assumed she was out at a club and would show up. Hindsight is 20/20 and unfortunately we all have a very different perspective now. Not that I'd want my daughter to hang out with him.. he seems to be self-centered, self-serving, self-rightous, and a COMPLETE moron.

Still bothers me his parents weren't on DrP.. shows lack of support.. like they didn't want to be associated with the case.

What does everyone think about the comment by Dad Chad that he thinks she just ran away?
do you think he really believes this, or just wishful thinking?

I'm not sure how many of the other boys were friends with her. If there were 4 or 5 boys in a car.. and we don't know if it wasn't PB's car do we? I think all those factors play into not returning. The marine friend didn't file police report until 5am or something like that. If he had calls from Dawn, boyfriend or the marine on the trip home.. the carload of boys probably assumed she was out at a club and would show up. Hindsight is 20/20 and unfortunately we all have a very different perspective now. Not that I'd want my daughter to hang out with him.. he seems to be self-centered, self-serving, self-rightous, and a COMPLETE moron.

Still bothers me his parents weren't on DrP.. shows lack of support.. like they didn't want to be associated with the case.

I totally agree he is a moron

Not going to defend his attitude, but I do agree that it was not his job to babysit her. She did not go down to SC with him. She is not his girlfriend or relative. As much as this whole thing sucks, and I really feel horribly for this family, Brittanee made the decision to disobey her parents and go out of state on spring break. It was never PB or any of those other boys' jobs to take care of her. They committed no crime (at this point) by hanging out with her. Basically they just all happened to be in the same place at the same time.

The girls are a little bit of a different story because they travelled together and should have been looking out for one another, but even so, it was not their job to take care of B either. If she chose to leave them and go her own way (which is a possibility) then unless they were going to physically force her to stay or call her mother, then there is not much that they could have done to stop her.

I am not condoning the way they have handled themselves since that night, because they seem very disrespectful, selfish and rude. I also think that they should be calling the family and LE to offer any information that they can think of to help, even if they can't be in MB personally due to school/jobs. I don't hold them responsible for taking care of B though. Most teens make bad decisions. Their brains are not fully formed and they truly believe that they are invincible. Even a 20 yo male psyche is not fully formed and therefore neither PB, his cohorts, or the girls may realize the full ramifications of their choices/actions/inactions for several more years.

Just curious, has anyone seen Dawn cry? It's bothering me that I haven't so if one of you have it would make me feel better.

I think she's in total shock and functioning little-to-no sleep. It would not surprise me if her doc gave her something to help her nerves. I don't fault her for not crying during interviews. I do think she's forcing herself to stay composed during interviews because once you start to lose it it's hard to recover. I'm sure she crys at night. She looks exhausted and my heart totally goes out to her.

Not going to defend his attitude, but I do agree that it was not his job to babysit her. She did not go down to SC with him. She is not his girlfriend or relative. As much as this whole thing sucks, and I really feel horribly for this family, Brittanee made the decision to disobey her parents and go out of state on spring break. It was never PB or any of those other boys' jobs to take care of her. They committed no crime (at this point) by hanging out with her. Basically they just all happened to be in the same place at the same time.

The girls are a little bit of a different story because they travelled together and should have been looking out for one another, but even so, it was not their job to take care of B either. If she chose to leave them and go her own way (which is a possibility) then unless they were going to physically force her to stay or call her mother, then there is not much that they could have done to stop her.

I am not condoning the way they have handled themselves since that night, because they seem very disrespectful, selfish and rude. I also think that they should be calling the family and LE to offer any information that they can think of to help, even if they can't be in MB personally due to school/jobs. I don't hold them responsible for taking care of B though. Most teens make bad decisions. Their brains are not fully formed and they truly believe that they are invincible. Even a 20 yo male psyche is not fully formed and therefore neither PB, his cohorts, or the girls may realize the full ramifications of their choices/actions/inactions for several more years.

well said TripleA. ITA. I'm not sure they will even understand the ramifications until they become parents.

The statement "because I was on spring break and Im not baby sitting anyone" was an ill advised statement to make on national TV in front of an audience of possibly a couple million people in reference to a 17 yr old missing girl.

quote]

I was literally yelling at the television at this point! :furious: All he needed to say was "I wish I had walked her back to her hotel." Show at least some remorse and compassion! Did anyone else notice at one point it looked like he reached down and checked his cell phone? I cannot get over how uncaring these kids are. I would sooooo beat some sense into my daughter if she was one of these kids!!!

my husband knows nothing about this case and when he saw the surveillence video, he said that isnt her. (Just like alot of us have been saying here that it doesnt look like her) He said it looks more like the mother. PB did have some nervousness going on on dr phil, but that didnt stand out to me as much as it seemed like if he isnt on tv, he has a really really bad attitude and was trying to "act nice"if you will, for tv. Not something you can easily hide. I am not sure he did it, but something wasnt right. he was popping his knuckles. He just looked angry. Also i think that sometimes when people are distraught like Bs mother, people can react in ways that we dont think is normal. Have you ever heard of someone who gets shocking news and they laugh? its just a psychological thing i think that the body does to keep their mind safe. Im sure when she settles down at night, it hits her. Right now it seems she is on adreneline and determination. sad sad situation.

The statement "because I was on spring break and Im not baby sitting anyone" was an ill advised statement to make on national TV in front of an audience of possibly a couple million people in reference to a 17 yr old missing girl.

quote]

I was literally yelling at the television at this point! :furious: All he needed to say was "I wish I had walked her back to her hotel." Show at least some remorse and compassion! Did anyone else notice at one point it looked like he reached down and checked his cell phone? I cannot get over how uncaring these kids are. I would sooooo beat some sense into my daughter if she was one of these kids!!!

Right I know! That would have gone a long way wouldn't it?

I really wish we had more clues in this case. It seems like after the Georgetown ping, everything has gone dark. I do think it's possible that she ran away at first. But knowing that her bank account hasn't been accessed since she disappeared, I think she is either being held against her will or dead. As much as I hate to say that, I think it's a very strong possibility at this point.

I can't imagine being in the situation where a friend went missing on a trip. First, I KNOW I would never leave knowing someone I went with was missing. I mean if I were there for a few days, police were on the case, I had to be back, ok...but no way would I leave within 24 hours. Second, if a friend were to go missing, I think I would be a total mess, even if I had nothing to do with it, I would feel awful!! Like, what could I have done to prevent this? Third, I can't imagine not speaking to the parents! Even if I were so overwhelmed that I could not speak, it would in no way prevent me from writing a note, sending a card, or having someone pass along a message. If it is impossible for the friends to return to MB, they could send a few dollars...five bucks would buy the mom lunch one day. That would at least show they are attempting to contribute in SOME way. And, if those kids were one of mine, I'd be doing it on their behalf. Where are their parents, and what is wrong with them?

I can't imagine being in the situation where a friend went missing on a trip. First, I KNOW I would never leave knowing someone I went with was missing. I mean if I were there for a few days, police were on the case, I had to be back, ok...but no way would I leave within 24 hours. Second, if a friend were to go missing, I think I would be a total mess, even if I had nothing to do with it, I would feel awful!!

respectfully snipped by me

I think the keyword here is "friend". These girls weren't her "friends". From what I understand, they were acquaintances at best.

I know how it isnt allowed to mention this person on here but i thought this was interesting to look at. I saw this observation made on another site and i wanted to call attention to it. again not trying to cause controversy but it needs to be looked at. anyway if you already know the site im speaking of, there is a picture drawn. someone made the comment about how much it looks like nico c and i went to the site to see and it really really does look like him. almost scary how much it does. and if you look at the facebook pics of j.o, nico c is standing beside b. im not sure if anyone has ever looked at him possibly for being involved. just making a point there and how he could be related:)

I just watched the show. Even though it was taped a few days ago, it was still enlightening.

I don't think she left MB to run away. She essentially ran away to MB from NY and she took her belongings with her. Her boyfriend is the only person who knew where she was. I don't think she would then leave her belongings in MB to go somewhere else. I don't think she would abruptly cut off communication with her boyfriend either.

I also agree that PB is throwing himself under the bus. I think he knows more than he's telling. He may not be personally responsible but could be covering for someone else. His body language spoke volumes, too. He fidgeted the entire time. He was defensive and offputting and looked guilty (guilty because he's involved or because he's not being quite truthful, who knows?). He obviously cares more about himself than Brittanee and he acted like a complete jerk.

I did hear a few things I had not heard before. Unfortunately, they just raised more questions in my mind. PB's recount of the last time he saw her included some info that I hadn't heard before. He said, "The last time I saw her, she came up to our hotel room. We were watching the Yankees/Redsocks game and she was on the phone, arguing with her friend Jenn about returning a pair of shorts. And she walked out - we all started to walk out and that was the last time I saw her." So, does that mean that they all walked out of the room at the same time???

He also states that he and his friends went to a party after she left. I'd like to know where this party was and who was there. Did Brittanee change her mind and go to the party afterall? Did he pull up alongside her on the strip and ask her again if she wanted to go?

He then says that they had originally planned to leave MB at 5 or 6 a.m. but decided to leave after the party instead. His body language when answering questions about why they decided to leave earlier was odd. It didn't seem truthful.

I totally understand why B's mom is so frustrated. After seeing his interview, I'm frustrated, too.

my husband knows nothing about this case and when he saw the surveillence video, he said that isnt her. (Just like alot of us have been saying here that it doesnt look like her) He said it looks more like the mother.

I don't think it looks like her either. It does look like her mother. Do these cameras make you look shorter and heavier? Do they distort the image because I am not convinced that is Brittanee.

That's a great thought Parker. Is this the last place she was seen alive? If so it would be considered to be equal to the scene of the crime for now, right? And concentrating on that area and what could have happened there, could end up solving the case IMO. xox
Yes scandi, that's what I believe anyway. To me it would
have been on that walk the camera caught her on.
I think he knew the area very well, knew where there were cameras, etc
which would mean she was taken after the walk back to her hotel photo
that's been shown.
I think he stalked her and watched her movements during those few
days she was in MB and struck when he knew the timing was right.
I think she went willingly, was very trusting along with being
'head strong'. Very deadly combo for someone that age in today's
times. Plus being depressed and without her meds would have
put her in a different mind-set I believe. Very sad.

I feel frustrated after watching the Dr. Phil show too! I also watched B's bf talk about the Dr. Phil show...he was right...it was all about emotion-- not about getting PB to tell us everything he knew-- sometimes I feel like B's parents should not have been there. They kept accusing him of not helping their daughter. Hey, I don't blame them! But at the same time, is that going to get him to talk-- to tell them what can help them? Probably not...I wish that they could have realized that and focused on a timeline of exactly what happened-- what B was wearing, things he noticed while she was there, etc...Things, like Dr. Phil said, that may not seem to matter, but could crack the case...Things PB noticed about her "friends"-- even just general things he had seen between her "friends" in the past...

Her step dad doesn't know her very well-- he thinks she ran away...but what evidence does he have or past experience with B that would make him think that? Is it just because she's a young girl? It sounds to me like he didn't really ever bond with her...her mom doesn't think she ran away...her bf doesn't think that...her grandparents don't think that...Has he thought about how it hinders the investigation if he feels that she ran away? It also hinders the PR that B is receiving-- people who are not familiar with the case may also write this off as her just running away...

Generally people, when conveying a story, will look up and to the left if they are remembering something, and up and to the right if they are fabricating something.

Now this cat bugs me a lot. You can tell he has an enormous ego that is blocking better judgment, and his concern for his name being spelled wrong in the media is just a skewed sense of logic in my opinion... but, he continually looked up and left throughout his answers as to what happened.

It's just my opinion, but I don't think he's lying. I think he needs his butt kicked... but I don't think he's lying about not having anything to do with B's disappearance.

Of course, my wife would chime in here to remind me that I am almost always wrong :crazy:

I think you are right this time Closer lol I haven't watched the
show yet but I tend to agree with you.
Thanks for that tip on 'lying' too!! I'll have to remember that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie