Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This latest development is fantastic news if it turns out to be her. I had about given up hope of her being found alive. Fingers crossed :)

I don't see this info posted but here it is:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520194,00.html

...Myrtle Beach Capt. David Knipes said detectives are reviewing surveillance camera footage from a Scotchman's gas station in Socastee, S.C., after a woman fitting 17-year-old Drexel's description was reported to have been there Thursday morning, according to The Sun News.

The Brittanee look-alike used the ATM about 8:30 a.m. Thursday, left the station's store and then drove away in a red Dodge Stratus with New York license plates, Knipes told the paper.

The vehicle's plate number is EJS-9543.

"It’s unconfirmed at this point, but we’ve collected the video and are going to see if it was her," Knipes said...

Ok someone answer me this...
If she is a runaway.. at the age of 17 .. as long as she has a safe place to stay (food and shelter) She cant be forced to go home right?
I'm just thinking.. if that is her and she is preg and maybe the person she is with could be the father of the baby.
With all the stuff going on at home she didn't want to add anything more to it. so they took off together. And now she's really not saying anything to her family in fear of getting in a alot of trouble.

Just saying that if it is her and she dont understand that she can call home and say ..look i'm ok, i'm doing fine, but i'm not coming home.
With all the media now scares her even more.
IDK... just trying to think form a young girls mind.

Great news, fingers and toes are crossed!

But ... I think if she was running off with someone she knew from NY she would have been in recent phone contact with them before she went missing .. no? And LE would have already looked at her cell phone records and followed up with the people she was in contact with (especially if she was talking to some 'mystery man') to determine her mental status and/or whether mentioned running away. As much as she had numerous family issues, I know girls and proms - they look forward to them for months! If she's truly a runaway.. things must have been very, very bad at home.

Also I am skeptical about pregnancy being THAT noticiable since the beach photos a few weeks ago. That's a rather significant change to go from the beach flat-as-a-pancake tummy to one that's noticable. Could be the top though... :confused:

Praying I'm wrong... Guess I just don't want to get my hopes up like I did with the bus sighting.

They just showed a photo of this girl on FOX and it sure looked like her wearing big sunglasses that had slipped down a bit on her nose. It was an OMG moment for sure, and hope now it is her and she is OK.

Was it on The Live Desk?

I really hope it IS her. It's possible she bought a pay as you go phone to use.

Was it on The Live Desk?

If that is with Martha McCallum no, it was the show before hers.

They did show the photo again tho, and it wasn't sunglasses like I said, but regular ones with a dark frame, that were slipped down on her nose.

I don't know if this was a photo taken from the scene or a camera at the store, but hadn't seen that photo before. Whoever it was was looking up over the glasses. xox

PS: I wrote that post at 8:56 so it was whatever show is on before then. I think Meagan was the hostess.

What is she is stuffing her clothes to look pregnant so nobody would suspect it was her?

it probably wasnt her but the reasons they gave for it not being her were kind of lame. like the signature and the person being pregnant. what about facts such as "we tracked down the car owner"etc...im the type that needs facts not probablies you know what i mean

it probably wasnt her but the reasons they gave for it not being her were kind of lame. like the signature and the person being pregnant. what about facts such as "we tracked down the car owner"etc...im the type that needs facts not probablies you know what i mean

Now that I learn she used an ATM machine, it looks like it could have been a photo taken by one. If so, whoever it was had to be quite short and looking up at something. It was a closeup of her face amd though a clear photo, not a really good one you would want to save. So I don't think it was a stock photo of her.

Did anyone ever get ahold of a Dr Phil video? I know I am stubborn and I have a 1 track mind.

there is a picture like you describing of her in her photo album on myspace with glasses and looking over them. is this the same one?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/...97134048&aid=-1&oid=88697134048&id=1390893131

Darn, it says that photo is unavailable, but it is probably it as I think my description was pretty good. I did see it twice this morning. xox

ETA: I guess because it was such an odd photo that was shown at the same time there was a possible sighting of her that so resembled her, I ASSUMED it was a new photo from the story. LOL They didn't mention where the photo came from, it was just the way it was presented. Then I got all excited as it looked so much like Brittanee.

from wmbfnews.com comments
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10361964

Today, 11:27:51 AM

Radartarget says:

“I have contacted the South Carolina State Patrol (in person at the time we needed them on site), Center for Missing and Exploited Children (twice), your media outlet (twice both in person and by phone), WPDE, attempted to find an Horry County officer (at the time we needed them) as was suggested by the State Trooper that we spoke to on the site, and now the City of Myrtle Beach Police (which was suppose to be contacted by the Center for Missing and Exploited Children as we were told) over a span of 2 days in an attempt to report a possible sighting. Sad.

Oh yes - as I stated on the phone the number you have listed above is incorrect. In case you don't get around to changing the correct number is 843-918-1952

Thank you for your time.

wowza, really hope the police are not just goofing the whole case up. Sighting reports having to be routed all over the place, people not contacting others like they say they are going to, wrong phone numbers being posted and now according to what ya'll that have watched the video are saying, not such positive reasons the girl at the store is not B.

I don't think she's a runaway. I don't think she's hiding out down there. It's disappointing that the reported sighting wasn't her for the most part, but not surprising.

Prayers that Brittanee is found and brought home. Her family needs to have that, especially her younger siblings.

"Knipes says after reviewing surveillance tape and pictures from security cameras at the store, investigators at this time do not believe the woman pictured matches the exact description of Drexel, who disappeared April 25.

Police are looking for a red Dodge Stratus with New York plates EJS-9543 and are rechecking bank records."

this was worded interestingly-just things like it doesnt match the exact description(what the heck does that matter since her looks change alot) and checking bank records? for what? if she got money from someone else.im just saying it was worded a little ify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie