Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I just edited my posting...found a site that I had read what it said about John G talking to her. But totally agree w/you 8pm referenced enough times it could be confused.:confused:

Yeah it is confusing...sounds like she did a lot between 8:00 and 9:00. So she pretty much stoped texting her BF when she showed up at Peters hotel room. Then Texted Jen at 8:45 before she left...so after that it's a mystery. I wonder if they've looking into Hahns call logs...If I were them I would. I'm sure it would show what kind of relationship they really had.

Did he have a different status message before that? Thats just weird if he put that as his status after he knew she was missing.
~snipped~
I am unaware of any status' prior to the 29th. That was the first day I looked him up and as far as I could tell at the time, no one else on WS had looked him up.

Yeah it is confusing...sounds like she did a lot between 8:00 and 9:00. So she pretty much stoped texting her BF when she showed up at Peters hotel room. Then Texted Jen at 8:45 before she left...so after that it's a mystery. I wonder if they've looking into Hahns call logs...If I were them I would. I'm sure it would show what kind of relationship they really had.

makes ya wonder if she was making some goodbye calls. Phone records would be nice to see. We'd know if it was a common occurrence for her to go back and forth communicating with BF and John H. Just seems funny to me..

There are 107 matches that come up when you search John H. on myspace. He's only 1 of 3 that are 20 years old. Also, on 04.29 there was a variation of Semper Fi on the hahn83 myspace. We know for sure he's military and we know he's 20 because of the police report... I'm pretty confident we have the right myspace
ETA: the hahn83 profile comes up when you search John H's in Rochester, NY

according to google, its 127 miles (2 hours 55 minutes) from Camp Lejeune to the boys Blue Water Resort.
That trip doesn't seem so constricting especially if you consider how long it takes to get from Camp Lejeune to Rochester, NY!

Ya I'm pretty sure too we got the right guy...I also find it strange she was texting them back and forth...Does make ya wonder. I'd lovvve to know what was said. I just don't understand how she could of been taken off the street, it's so busy on the route she took. You'd think a perp wouldn't have the guts to just grab someone off the street there. I mean even looking at the surveillance cam it showed the street being busy. She had to of met up and gotten into a car with someone she knew. I don't get why there isn't anymore footage of her, there should be cams all up and down that strip.

I completely agree.. though I do wonder what Mr Brown from the Lighthouse Motel had to report when LE did a follow up! My map shows 76 yards between his hotel and the girls original one

according to google, its 127 miles (2 hours 55 minutes) from Camp Lejeune to the boys Blue Water Resort.
That trip doesn't seem so constricting especially if you consider how long it takes to get from Camp Lejeune to Rochester, NY!

That's right, it's not very far from Jacksonville (which is where Camp Lejeune is) to Myrtle Beach. I live in Jacksonville and go to Myrtle Beach all the time. You just hop on Hwy 17 S and drive for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours, depending on traffic.

It's not much for a lot of people around here to head to MB for just a weekend or an overnight trip - a lot of people even just make it a day trip.

I chaperoned my son and three of his friends on a MB trip a few years back. To the best of my recollection, the shops on the strip are 'open air' (doors open) and folks meander in and out of the shops. I noticed most of the shops had survellience cameras and I figured it was to deter shoplifters. I have to believe other images may have been captured of her. Does anyone know if there were shops near the hotels Brittanee was seen at?

I chaperoned my son and three of his friends on a MB trip a few years back. To the best of my recollection, the shops on the strip are 'open air' (doors open) and folks meander in and out of the shops. I noticed most of the shops had survellience cameras and I figured it was to deter shoplifters. I have to believe other images may have been captured of her. Does anyone know if there were shops near the hotels Brittanee was seen at?

This may have already been mentioned, but the strip is versatile. I've been trying to remember if I've seen her hotel before, but I can't recall. The strip varies as far as shops go, depending on which part you're staying on. It will have a block of shops, and then nothing for 2 blocks and so on. Down by the Ripley's Museum is the biggest spot for shops and things of that nature.

If they went to Club Kryptonite, I'd be willing to bet that they also spent some time at Broadway at the Beach. It's a huge complex of sorts, filled with shops, resturants,and entertainment such as an IMAX theater, MagiQuest, Ripley's Aquarium, etc. However, there is also a section that opens at night (called Celebrity Square) that has about 10 different bars and nightclubs and people all over the place.

To the locals or anyone with knowledge of that area...TIA.

I see where there is a large forested area nearby to where the last ping was tracked.

Is there a hunting season in that area? Would hunters be out in that forest? If so, what would they be hunting?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a chance that if Brittanee has been put there, that a hunter might eventually stumble upon her...

If you Google one of the hotel addresses and do the "walk" up and down the street, it is all hotels along there. The many shops with the open doors are just to the west of there on the main drag of 17. There is a lot more traffic just cruising up and down on 17, too, or at least that is how it has been on my many trips to MB.

i chaperoned my son and three of his friends on a mb trip a few years back. To the best of my recollection, the shops on the strip are 'open air' (doors open) and folks meander in and out of the shops. I noticed most of the shops had survellience cameras and i figured it was to deter shoplifters. I have to believe other images may have been captured of her. Does anyone know if there were shops near the hotels brittanee was seen at?

yes they do have open air shops. On three different vacation trips at 4-5 different shops the male foreign workers tried to get my attractive (yes i am her mother but she is a nice looking young lady) daughter to step in their back room to look at something until they realized her mother was with her! Needless to say mom handled things quickly!

This post is a reply to a couple of issues raised in the last few posts, so bear with me and pardon my laziness for not quoting each one.

Jadean - Yes, Ocean Blvd varies depending on which block you are in. Near the old Pavillion is where you find most shops, and then there are some shops between Bar Harbor and Bluewater where the boys were staying, mostly right there at 3rd South (I think), near Family Kingdom Amusement Park; souvenier shops, burger joints etc. From about 5th-6th south on down, I am pretty sure it is all hotels.

In reference to Broadway at the Beach, yes, I think she spent some time there. In the first few days of this I listened to the MBPD scanner and heard the dispatcher once say to the officer in that area to keep a check on the arcade there, that she 'liked' it, or words to that effect.

Also, for the record, a few days ago there was mention of a sighting in Florence. I checked all I could and couldn't make much headway with LE, understandably, but I did go by the store where I understood this to have happened and noted there were no cameras outside the store, no parking lot surveillance that I could see, and I looked HARD. I did notice a police officers car parked behind it, at this mechanics garage that is located there, but obviously don't know what that could have been regarding, why he was there. Just thought I'd let the ones who were here that night know where that stood as best I could find anything.

Kat - right around the river there where they were looking, there may be some land that is hunted on. I doubt Hopsewee Plantation allows it directly on their property and if I am not mistaken the area further south at the Francis Marion National Forest, any ground belonging to that it would be against the law to hunt, as it is federal property and protected wild life areas - not positive about that though.

yes they do have open air shops. On three different vacation trips at 4-5 different shops the male foreign workers tried to get my attractive (yes i am her mother but she is a nice looking young lady) daughter to step in their back room to look at something until they realized her mother was with her! Needless to say mom handled things quickly!

You know you just brought back a memory of mine.I was there several years back with my young daughter also and i do remember one of the open air shop guys standing out front and invited my daughter in.Also we were in a shop and my daughter was looking at piercing pictures and the guy behind the counter ask her if she was interested and she said ( im not sure) he then advised her that they did there piercing behind that curtain.Me and my daughter both talked about how shady that was.Just an idea cause she is a cute girl.

To the locals or anyone with knowledge of that area...TIA.

I see where there is a large forested area nearby to where the last ping was tracked.

Is there a hunting season in that area? Would hunters be out in that forest? If so, what would they be hunting?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a chance that if Brittanee has been put there, that a hunter might eventually stumble upon her...

I'm not a local, but I am a farm girl from Oklahoma originally. I'm not sure about NC but in OK there are certain times of the year that you can hunt...er hunt "legally." They are called seasons and they are usually in the fall. You could possibly hunt this time of year for things other then deer, but I don't know that you would have much luck. Hope that helps.

You know you just brought back a memory of mine.I was there several years back with my young daughter also and i do remember one of the open air shop guys standing out front and invited my daughter in.Also we were in a shop and my daughter was looking at piercing pictures and the guy behind the counter ask her if she was interested and she said ( im not sure) he then advised her that they did there piercing behind that curtain.Me and my daughter both talked about how shady that was.Just an idea cause she is a cute girl.

I live in the Virginia Beach VA area and all the piercing shops on the strip have a curtain or another room where they do their piercings. I suppose it's to give the customer a sense of privacy and it's easier for them to keep the room sanitary if everyone isn't allowed in. My daughter had her belly button piereced by a young man, and even though I thought it was on the up and up, I went in the the room with her.

05-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Kateyes
Registered User Join Date: Mar 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyjane77
Heck, when I was her age, I would have gone to the beach with people who weren't my close friends. Back then, a beach trip was a beach trip!

Yes, good point,and I guess again,knowing MB better would help make more sense of this. I know that both of my daughters, who are very social in nature, would probably not go with other girls they were not close with, or more accurately,more friends than acquaintance, unless there was some other motive. For example - if my daughter wanted to go do a school dance, game,event,whatever, because a boy she liked would be there she would find some other girls to go with. Of course, she would rather go with the friends with whom she is close,and comfortable. But, above all, she would go, even if with girls with whom she wasn't that close.

On the other hand, I have known for both of my daughters to come home, or call me to pick them up, if the girls they had gone somewhere with were ignoring them, or just not making them feel like part of the group. So, her burning desire to go to MB so much so that she lied to her mother and went makes me wonder just what was behind that burning desire to get to MB? Especially when she had a long-term boyfriend at home,and she could have spent extra time with him over the break.

And, sorry to be long-winded,but who is this marine who is a "friend of the family"? I have not heard much about him except for the limited info released. Could he have been involved,in some way, in her disappearance? Could he have been part of the reason she went to MB? I don't have enough info about this person, and maybe I have missed things somewhere. Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.

I copied my own post from the previous thread. A new thread was started right after this, and so no responses. Like a number of you, I had also wondered about the "marine friend" of the family. And, to those who have noted this, I agree that there has not been much at all about his relationship to Brittanee, etc. Does anyone here have any clue if this has been explored/discussed by LE, family,media, anyone??

I assume LE can check her cell records without actually having her phone, just from her bill, so they must have an accurate picture of who she was calling and texting. Boy, I'd love to have that info.

Americas Most Wanted - Saturday - May 16 9pm/8pm Central
John Walsh will dedicate a segment to Brittanee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie