Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I would have a hard time breathing let alone updating my photos on facebook. I would use Facebook only to tell her I loved her and missed her and would never stop looking for her, in case by some chance she could see it , I would not be acting like Life goes on!!???????:confused::confused:

My biggest problem with it is "Family Photos Summer 2009" why would you have professional pictures taken of your family this summer when you have a major part of your family missing?

I noticed in your time frame JH spoke to Brit and 8pm also or texted. What if they had plans to meet up and Brit used the shorts story to get out of PBs room. Just a scenario. I'm also wondering if she kept texting It was A.) Brit who sent the texts (so she went with people she knew and 45 minutes into it something happened to her) or B.) She knew the people and something happened to her right away and they were sending the texts.

You know...meeting up with JH is always a possibility...however with him being a Marine I would have to believe he would have had to have arranged time to get a pass. But he could have done that maybe earlier in the week. I'm not sure how long it takes to get approved - or if you have to put in for leave weeks ahead of time.

JH did get to leave base (or his housing) to go down and file the report - now whether he was already "off" or asked for emergency leave...IDK.

However - the "shorts" or whatever they really were...that was stated by both JO and PB...and since JO isn't saying PB is lying then I would guess this to be the "truth".

I think there was something other than shorts that was being argued about...but believe that shorts has become some kind of code word. Since in that pic it shows all 3 girls with black shorts on... If BD had JO's shorts...why didn't JO just wear BD's shorts?

IMHO I believe it was someone else sending the texts other than BD. If she went missing within that 7 min. time frame as MBPD has said, then she would have "disappeared" by 8:20 +/- a couple minutes either way. We are not told about any other texting or phone calls until the 8:45 time frame - the text from BD to JO stating she was going to another friend's hotel - (so what about the shorts...wasn't JO mad...according to PB & crew BD and JO were arguing...but yet according to PB, BD didn't seem to be mad...ummm ok)

So between 8:20 and 8:45 there is 25 minutes unaccounted for. Why was it not okay somewhere near 8:00 for BD to be wearing JO's shorts...but at 8:45, there was no mention...and BD is going to someone else's hotel? If JO was so mad about some shorts why didn't she demand BD come to wherever she was before going elsewhere?

Somewhere in the news articles it was stated that BD left BWR and was walking North...but somewhere along the line she turned around and started going South... I'm guessing they knew this from the cell phone pings? What if BD never left MB at all (in any shape or form)...but her phone did...did something happen to her within that time frame and the phone taken South as a diversion?

My biggest problem with it is "Family Photos Summer 2009" why would you have professional pictures taken of your family this summer when you have a major part of your family missing?

It's a fact of life that just because something happens to someone (family member or friend) that doesn't mean that life stops for everyone else. I realize people have to go on with their daily lives and have to make things as normal as possible when there are other children involved - as hard as that may be.

However, making/announcing "Family Photos"...that just doesn't cut it to me. CD and SW are not a family...they are not divorced from their former spouses and not married to each other yet... This is just 4 months out from BD's disappearance...and I don't think this is an appropriate thing for them to be doing.

If they want to share their pictures with family and friends - why not email the pics privately?

This just on MB crime reports

09-088526 8/28/2009 08:50PM 101 FLAGG ST FOLLOW UP REF TO FILE 35452 TEENS STOPPED IN FROM RAIN AND SAID THEY
THINK THEY SAW BRITTANY DREXEL EARLIER TODAY AT THE CALYPSO MOTEL.
SAID THEY WERE HANGING OUT WITH HER DOWN THERE LAST WEEK ALSO, AND
SAW HER MISSING PERSON PICTURE AND THINK IT'S HER. CALLER SAID THE
TEENS LEFT AND DIDN'T GIVE ANY CONTACT INFORMATION.

I am seeing a pattern here: these tips are always called in after the fact and not as soon as the people "see" her or make contact.
The only way to get an answer for this possibility is to attempt to follow the person thought to be her while on the phone with the cops.

how about this senario::
-BD sends JG a text telling him what's going on about the shorts and that she is going to hitch hike back to the hotel so that JO doesn't have too big of a hissy fit..
-JG can't talk BD out of it so he tells her that if she has to hitch hike, to keep in contact
-BD, the typical teen claims that nothing will happen (after all, most teens think they are invincible right?!).. 'it's a short trip back to the hotel'.. then jokes 'if you don't hear back from me in a reasonable amount of time, then maybe something bad happened'.
-being that JG is in NY.. with no reply from BD.. freaks and goes to DD..

oiy would I love to know why JG felt he needed to contact DD so quickly!!

come on LE gives us some documents to pour over like Florida does!

I am seeing a pattern here: these tips are always called in after the fact and not as soon as the people "see" her or make contact.
The only way to get an answer for this possibility is to attempt to follow the person thought to be her while on the phone with the cops.

I know if I saw someone that I knew was missing, I'd tail 'em until the police showed up.. if I didn't know they were missing.. I'd be calling LE as soon as I realized they were a missing person!

You know...meeting up with JH is always a possibility...however with him being a Marine I would have to believe he would have had to have arranged time to get a pass. But he could have done that maybe earlier in the week. I'm not sure how long it takes to get approved - or if you have to put in for leave weeks ahead of time.

JH did get to leave base (or his housing) to go down and file the report - now whether he was already "off" or asked for emergency leave...IDK.

However - the "shorts" or whatever they really were...that was stated by both JO and PB...and since JO isn't saying PB is lying then I would guess this to be the "truth".

I think there was something other than shorts that was being argued about...but believe that shorts has become some kind of code word. Since in that pic it shows all 3 girls with black shorts on... If BD had JO's shorts...why didn't JO just wear BD's shorts?

IMHO I believe it was someone else sending the texts other than BD. If she went missing within that 7 min. time frame as MBPD has said, then she would have "disappeared" by 8:20 +/- a couple minutes either way. We are not told about any other texting or phone calls until the 8:45 time frame - the text from BD to JO stating she was going to another friend's hotel - (so what about the shorts...wasn't JO mad...according to PB & crew BD and JO were arguing...but yet according to PB, BD didn't seem to be mad...ummm ok)

So between 8:20 and 8:45 there is 25 minutes unaccounted for. Why was it not okay somewhere near 8:00 for BD to be wearing JO's shorts...but at 8:45, there was no mention...and BD is going to someone else's hotel? If JO was so mad about some shorts why didn't she demand BD come to wherever she was before going elsewhere?

Somewhere in the news articles it was stated that BD left BWR and was walking North...but somewhere along the line she turned around and started going South... I'm guessing they knew this from the cell phone pings? What if BD never left MB at all (in any shape or form)...but her phone did...did something happen to her within that time frame and the phone taken South as a diversion?

If it was someone else who sent the texts they had to have know BD and friends so it's either her friends she was with (including PB and friends) John h, or someone in BD's family.

I find it hard to believe Brit would go to MB and John H would not get away from the base to see her. He didn't mention he'd seen her the other days she was there and he also didn't say they planned to meet up on Sunday (her last day there). So the story is Brit texted him while in MB but John H and her had no plans on seeing each other, that is hard to believe. On the other hand, it would be very easy to find out by MBPD if John H had a leave that weekend.

-BD sends JG a text telling him what's going on about the shorts and that she is going to hitch hike back to the hotel so that JO doesn't have too big of a hissy fit..
-JG can't talk BD out of it so he tells her that if she has to hitch hike, to keep in contact
-BD, the typical teen claims that nothing will happen (after all, most teens think they are invincible right?!).. 'it's a short trip back to the hotel'.. then jokes 'if you don't hear back from me in a reasonable amount of time, then maybe something bad happened'.

I find your theory very likely except I truly think if hitch hiking had been involved it definately would be in the news. That's something that usually isn't kept secret.

If it was someone else who sent the texts they had to have know BD and friends so it's either her friends she was with (including PB and friends) John h, or someone in BD's family.

I find it hard to believe Brit would go to MB and John H would not get away from the base to see her. He didn't mention he'd seen her the other days she was there and he also didn't say they planned to meet up on Sunday (her last day there). So the story is Brit texted him while in MB but John H and her had no plans on seeing each other, that is hard to believe. On the other hand, it would be very easy to find out by MBPD if John H had a leave that weekend.

That's what I would think - someone who knew BD & friends. But of course it's not too hard to scroll thru a phone and see who has been called/texted as most people are cell phone savvy enough. But I'd be more apt to believe it was someone who knew her and knew she was being expected to be somewhere...

Yes, I've found it hard to believe that JH and BD didn't at least meet for lunch or dinner while she was so close to him. But being military, we don't know his schedule and when he had been home on leave....or even if he did have leave and saw her while she was there. I would hope that MBPD had already checked out his whereabouts.

I'm not ruling anything out...but I have to think about JH and if he had BD or did something to BD...he would have been in a lot of trouble - military as well as civilian. And if he just took or harmed BD...what would have been his motive? If he just took her to help her get away from her family...what was he going to do with her? Kind of hard to stash a cute young teen on Base or even in off base housing with his name being in the news. Why would he take the chance to wreck a possible military career?

That's what I would think - someone who knew BD & friends. But of course it's not too hard to scroll thru a phone and see who has been called/texted as most people are cell phone savvy enough. But I'd be more apt to believe it was someone who knew her and knew she was being expected to be somewhere...

Yes, I've found it hard to believe that JH and BD didn't at least meet for lunch or dinner while she was so close to him. But being military, we don't know his schedule and when he had been home on leave....or even if he did have leave and saw her while she was there. I would hope that MBPD had already checked out his whereabouts.

I'm not ruling anything out...but I have to think about JH and if he had BD or did something to BD...he would have been in a lot of trouble - military as well as civilian. And if he just took or harmed BD...what would have been his motive? If he just took her to help her get away from her family...what was he going to do with her? Kind of hard to stash a cute young teen on Base or even in off base housing with his name being in the news. Why would he take the chance to wreck a possible military career?

your right and at 17 I would think if BD wanted to leave home she could she didn't need to go to this level to do it.

your right and at 17 I would think if BD wanted to leave home she could she didn't need to go to this level to do it.

Right. She had a lot of options. She had a bio Dad she could have possibly lived with, Grandparents, other family and friends I'm sure.

It would have taken a great deal of planning on BD's part for her to pull off being a runaway. And I think now, with all of this passage of time, that we all know she just didn't up and run away, or had a friend covering it up. Too hard to hide for this long and to go without any kind of contact to family and/or friends.

And really what friend is going to finance this for her to do, especially for this long. I don't for one minute think that BD would go without certain "necessities"...such as pretty outfits and hair and make-up items. In all of her pics - not one hair out of place and make-up is flawless, and clothes are up to date. She enjoyed that lifestyle as shown by the pics and by a couple of articles of her friends discussing how she loved to do everyone's hair and so forth.

BD doesn't give the appearance that she could for one minute be happy living a life basically on the street as a runaway....or living on the floor in someone's apartment.

Brittanee Drexel: 4 months later, still missing

Photo: 1 of 2

See Larger Images

By Graeme Moore
Saturday, August 29, 2009 at 7:43 p.m.

More than four months after her disappearance, Brittanee Drexel's whereabouts remain a mystery.
Drexel, 17, of New York, disappeared April 25 after leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.
Almost from the very beginning detectives theorized Drexel was abducted and feared she was in danger. During the first few weeks of her disappearance, police and volunteer searchers with the C.U.E. Center for Missing Persons initiated exhaustive searches.
The main search focused on the North Santee Community in Georgetown County, an area where Drexel's cell phone last gave a signal the night she vanished.
"Law enforcement stepped right up and said we got something wrong here. A lot of times (missing persons) cases will be downplayed for a week or two until they realize they really have a problem. And then what happens is they realize it's too late. You don't capture the media and attention of the community," CUE founder and director Monica Caison said.
Despite heavy media coverage, inevitably the weeks came and went. The organized searches stopped. Summer dragged on. Eventually Brittanee's story faded from the headlines, and there was still no Brittanee.
But on Saturday there was a renewed effort to keep her story front and center among the Myrtle Beach community at a missing persons awareness tour, and the person sponsoring that effort knows the pain of a missing person.
Angie Gilchrist's mother is Alice Donovan who was abducted, raped and killed in November 2002 by Brandon Bashum and Chadrick Fulks.
For years Donovan remained missing, despite the death sentence convictions of her murderers. In late 2008, Gilchrist ran into Monica Caison with the CUE Center, and together they decided it was time to find Alice. Previous searches by CUE, police and others yielded nothing.
"It is the most excruciating, tormenting thing to ever have to deal with. Your life stops," Gilchrist described of her ordeal with her mother's murder and subsequent disappearance.
Caison wrote to Fulks in prison, and to her amazement, he sent her a package stuffed with maps pointing to where Alice could be found.
Caison's crew jumped into action and in January 2009 they found human bones that would later be positively identified as Donovan.
Far from a "success" story, it is a story that brings closure, something Brittanee Drexel's mom is desperately searching for.
"I still have hope that she's somewhere out there," Dawn Drexel said Saturday at the Myrtle Beach stop of CUE's "On The Road to Remember Tour."
Dawn left Myrtle Beach at the end of June after spending two months in Myrtle Beach searching and raising money for her daughter's cause.
Her frustration is growing.
"I just wish people would come (forward) and call one of the tip lines," Drexel said.
Those tip lines, run by the Myrtle Beach Police Department and the CUE Center, have lit up in the months past, but no tip has generated the clue needed to crack the case.
Dawn, Monica and police are determined to keep the tips flowing, and one of the ways to do that, they say, is through events like the one held Saturday.
It was a small gathering of no more than a dozen folks -- from lead detectives to Dawn to Monica to a few who didn't even know the Drexels -- but it was meaningful.
"The whole purpose of the tour is to get their information out, tell their stories, show their pictures and to visit their towns and rally their communities to remind them they're still missing," Caison explained.
As for the investigation by police, NewsChannel 15 learned that detectives have brought in an FBI agent to be "thoroughly briefed" on Brittanee's case.
Detectives are also working with the CUE Center to organize a new search sometime later this Fall when the leaves fall and the terrain becomes easier to navigate.
What won't become easier is Dawn Drexel's anguish.
"Brittanee's 18th birthday is coming up which is going to be very difficult in Ocotber," Dawn said adding, "I just want to know something. I know my daughter didn't just disappear off the face of the earth."
Anonymous tips and information can be called in to the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 843-918-1382 or to the CUE Center at 910-343-1131.
Donations to the planned search effort can be made to CUE, a non-profit organization, by visiting their web site www.ncmissingpersons.org or by calling them.

This thought crossed my mind also. I had never seen him comment on Dawn's myspace and then he did. His comment doesn't set with me right as I thought he was pretty close to the family, being he made the report and all. His comment shows me that he obviously doesn't have any other contact with Dawn on the subject of Brittanee's disappearance. Hopefully CID is looking into this, as a good investigator never leaves any stone unturned. Always expect the unexpected.

Maybe he knew of her plans (if she did plan to runaway)

= What if BD never left MB at all (in any shape or form)...but her phone did...did something happen to her within that time frame and the phone taken South as a diversion?

This would be my guess. Whether something happened to Britt or not, I don't believe she was with her phone.

JH has really flown under the radar in all of this too. It's like he was there...and then nothing... But still, I would find it odd if he had anything to do with her disappearance.

I still keep going back to the guys at the BWR... None of the rest of the others left before scheduled...and I think possibly the girls stayed one day longer than they had planned....so they were there until Mon., but don't understand why they weren't interviewed in person by LE but by phone later, as I have been lead to believe.

So other than the obvious question WHAT HAPPENED? If you could know what piece of info from the night Britt went missing what would it be? What do you think would be the one thing that would crack this case wide open?

Who was her text communication with? Why did she really make the trip to PB's room and stay such a short time?

Where ever her phone is, this is what holds the answers.

Who was her text communication with? Why did she really make the trip to PB's room and stay such a short time?

Where ever her phone is, this is what holds the answers.

Who did she send the 9:15 PM text too?

Who did she send the 9:15 PM text too?

I came across one of the older news articles the other day...and it lead me to believe that this last text was to JG...

I'll have to dig for the article...I have it here on my computer somewhere... But it stated something to the effect of that he had been texting with her right up until 9:15/9:16 and she didn't return his last text...and this is supposedly why he became so worried so quickly.

However, I noticed in another one of the articles JG was quoted in that he said he had been in MB for 2 weeks just before BD was there. Left me wondering if he wanted to go to the beach...why didn't he wait until the week of spring break so he could go with BD? Maybe DD wouldn't have objected to her going if he had been in tow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran