Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did - NOT- find her cell phone. Incorrect info in the article #460 above. Thanks Debbie for bringing attention to that print error.

They DID pick up on cell tower pings in the Santee river area, and as I recall, the last one was after midnight that evening.

They did - NOT- find her cell phone. Incorrect info in the article #460 above. Thanks Debbie for bringing attention to that print error.

They DID pick up on cell tower pings in the Santee river area, and as I recall, the last one was after midnight that evening.

Ok, I was a little scared there, thinking we missed this information. :)

http://rochester.ynn.com/?RegionCookie=2004&ArId=471742

In this article (it won't let me copy & paste) there are a couple of statements by JH stating that he was in both BD's room at the BH and PB's room at the BWR.

My question - why was someone who is not in LE allowed into either room when LE didn't know what had actually happened?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519025,00.html

In this article there is a statement by JG that says he doesn't believe that PB had anything to do with this (meaning BD).

That may well be true, however, I would like to know his reasoning behind this and if he still believes this or has changed his mind.

KCaswell - any help with either of the above?

Well for starters I don't know why any of this is really important. Why MBPD allowed JH in the room was their call, they would have to explain that. My thought would be because at that point they thought that it was like all other missing people at MB and would be resolved w/in a few hours. But that is just an assumption, they would have to answer that question for themselves. I think a better question to ask them though would be why did they allow him to take Britt's clothes and give them to DD and not keep them as possible evidence and test them for what may or may not have occurred during her stay?

As for JG- his opinions are his own. Again he would have to answer that. I can't speak for him or anyone else. But who is to say his opinion back then is the same he has now or wasn't something he was coached to give? Not saying that it was but I myself would ask that question. But honestly- how is it any different than CD stating that Britt was a runaway on Dr Phil then later saying she was abducted? It is just a matter of looking at what is presented to you at the time and making an opinion, that could change at any moment-I know it has for me as well in this case. Who hasn't it happened for?

Article of Chad saying Britt probably ran away:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1737314/brittanee_drexel_is_missing_dr_phil.html?cat=8

Article of Chad saying he no longer thinks Britt ran away:
http://www.helpfindmychild.net/brittanee-marie-drexel
Missing teen’s father suspects foul play
Submitted by Ellen on 8 June, 2009 - 21:17.

The father of a missing Chili teenager says he felt numb watching his daughter on the TV show "America's Most Wanted".

The Brittanee Drexel case was featured on a segment this weekend.

"Not us, not our family," said Chad Drexel. "It's hard to put it in words. It's a feeling that I would never want any parent to feel."

Brittanee disappeared six weeks ago on Spring Break. The 17-year-old was last seen leaving a hotel in Myrtle Beach. Surveillance video captured Brittanee walking down the main strip.

However, police say she didn't get far. In fact, News 10NBC has learned police believe something happened to her within seven minutes of leaving that hotel. Police say there are several cameras further along the route she was walking, but Brittanee was never seen.

Chad Drexel says he no longer believes his daughter ran away.

"I just don’t see that happening. I just think there might have been foul play somewhere," said Drexel.

Continues/...

http://tinyurl.com/lhegea

If you are looking for me to tell you what JG thinks happened now, I am not going to do that. This kid is a great kid that is busting his @$$ to find her, alive or heaven forbid, no longer w/us. He has had many people tell him to drop it, run from this situation, and things you wouldn't imagine, but he choses to stay strong and fight. I won't be another person that will let him down.

Well for starters I don't know why any of this is really important. Why MBPD allowed JH in the room was their call, they would have to explain that. My thought would be because at that point they thought that it was like all other missing people at MB and would be resolved w/in a few hours. But that is just an assumption, they would have to answer that question for themselves. I think a better question to ask them though would be why did they allow him to take Britt's clothes and give them to DD and not keep them as possible evidence and test them for what may or may not have occurred during her stay?

As for JG- his opinions are his own. Again he would have to answer that. I can't speak for him or anyone else. But who is to say his opinion back then is the same he has now or wasn't something he was coached to give? Not saying that it was but I myself would ask that question. But honestly- how is it any different than CD stating that Britt was a runaway on Dr Phil then later saying she was abducted? It is just a matter of looking at what is presented to you at the time and making an opinion, that could change at any moment-I know it has for me as well in this case. Who hasn't it happened for?

If you are looking for me to tell you what JG thinks happened now, I am not going to do that. This kid is a great kid that is busting his @$$ to find her, alive or heaven forbid, no longer w/us. He has had many people tell him to drop it, run from this situation, and things you wouldn't imagine, but he choses to stay strong and fight. I won't be another person that will let him down.

Look...I wasn't looking for you to "throw anyone under the bus". I just asked a couple of questions, yes specifically to you, because you usually have a logical way in looking at things and I also thought that just maybe this would be something else to keep people talking about BD and this case and keep these posts moving - that is what these boards are for.

However, for whatever reason, you seem to have a problem with anything I bring up, so I will no longer specifically address anything to you. And if you thought what I asked was so mundane then perhaps you shouldn't have responded...

I have wondered just what you've brought up regarding LE giving BD's belongings to JH without having kept them for possible evidence since there is obviously something more going on here than what was first thought.

I'm sure JG is a fine person, I've seen many of the quotes he has made to reporters & the loving way he has spoke about BD and I was just curious to see if his view point had changed with any of this - not to necessarily be pointing fingers at any one person. But wondered if he was just like most all of us have been back and forth on this.

People that claim any sort of personal relationship with the family/extended family/friends/acquaintances of someone that has disappeared, and post that on a public forum regarding missing people...well, seems to me they shouldn't be surprised by questions. :confused:

I am still having trouble uploading the article with picture. Go to link of article to view the suspect.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=310210

By Graeme Moore
Tuesday, June 09, 2009 at 1:00 a.m.

Myrtle Beach Police are investigating to see whether the same man could be responsible for four incidents of indecent exposure over the past two months.

The most recent occurences happened this past weekend at the Compass Cove Resort and the Sea Dip Motel on Ocean Boulevard.
On Sunday, two girls, 13 and 14 years old, were spending the day at the Compass Cove Resort pool when they noticed a man watching them.
They immediately gathered their belongings and headed to their parents' room, but the man caught up with them at the elevator, according to the police report.
He joined them for the ride to the second floor, where the report says he blocked the exit to the elevator and masturbated in front of them. The man left after one of the girls pulled out her phone and threatened to call the police.
NewsChannel 15 spoke with the mother of one of the girls.
She said the entire incident terrified the family.
"They thought he was going to kill them or rape them. They weren't sure exactly what his intentions were," she said.
She and her family left the beach Monday, but said what happened to her daughter will have long-lasting effects.
"I'm sure they're going to have anxiety about being by themselves, about getting on elevators, about going into places they normally wouldn't have a fear of going into."
According to police, the two girls over the weekend weren't the only ones to have a run-in with this man.
An incident of the same nature happened the day before at the Sea Dip Motel, and police think it was the same man.
An 18-year-old says she was waiting to get on the elevator when a man came to stand beside her. She told police that he was looking her up and down while in the elevator.
According to a police report, the man exited before the girl, but when she looked up after him she could see that he had pulled his blue swim trunks off and was masturbating. When she tried to push the button for the doors to close, the man pressed the button on the outside to keep the doors open while continuing to masturbate.
The report goes on to say she screamed at him, and he then let the doors close.
Although the Compass Cove Resort does have surveillance cameras, police have not yet found anything of use, although they continue to look through the video. The Sea Dip Motel does not have surveillance cameras.

The description given by the victims to police is as follows:
  • White man between the ages of 25 and 35
  • Between 5'8"-5'10"
  • Weighing between 160-185 lbs.
  • Receding hairline with brown to blonde hair
  • Wearing blue swim trunks, no shirt, white sneakers
  • Has a pot belly
  • One of the girls said he had a large mole on his back.
In April, two young girls reported similar incidents -- one at the Captain's Quarters and the other at Hotel Blue. The girls reported a man following them into their hotel elevators before exposing himself to them. Those girls were able to give a description that resulted in a sketch given out by police.
Detective Tony Lever is investigating the cases from this past weekend and says he's concerned that one man could be involved in all of the cases. He worries the man may progress to more violent acts.
"What I'm worried about with a person like this (is) hopefully he won't progress to a higher step to a completed sexual assault," Lever said.
But psychologist Melissa Muse with Family Bridges who counsels sex offenders said while these "exhibitionist-type" offenders could progress to more violent acts, she said often they do not -- and that they are just looking for the thrill.
"It's about the shock value for them," Muse said.
If you have any information about these cases, please call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at (843) 918-1382.

People that claim any sort of personal relationship with the family/extended family/friends/acquaintances of someone that has disappeared, and post that on a public forum regarding missing people...well, seems to me they shouldn't be surprised by questions. :confused:

Totally agree...but I can't be accountable for the opinions and actions of others. I also only was telling these things to help straighten out some questions. If you look at the past threads you will see that this forum has a tendency to stay on the same topic for 2 wks and work in circles. Some people on here can figure out some great stuff if they know the direction to go in, I was trying to help get there. I was not coming out here to say- give me all your questions and I will go back and ask JG them. If that is the case- forget I even mentioned anything. I have other outlets for helping Britt and will use them.
And because I have talked to DD doesn't mean I know what MBPD was thinking. I doubt DD can answer this-after all she didn't question the fact that she had Brittanee's clothes, but doesn't that seem odd to anyone else? In addition, there are people on this forum that have connections w/MBPD that may better answer that question if you are looking for people w/connections.

The details that are being asked I would believe the MBPD has already covered. There are three different agencies that have gone over this information and they are working the case from there, as per the article of late.

The questions that linger in my mind are: who took Brittanee (someone she knew slightly or not) a total stranger? Where is she now?

I pray that she is alive.

Surfside police search for indecent exposure suspect

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 2:31 PM EDT Updated: Aug 11, 2009 3:21 PM EDT
10885388_BG1.jpg
Sketch of suspect (Source: Surfside Beach Police Department)

SURFSIDE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Police in Surfside Beach are asking for the public's help in tracking down a man behind an indecent exposure incident involving a 15-year-old.
Police say on August 8, officers responded to the 800-block of South Ocean Boulevard after a 15-year-old victim reported a male grabbed his genital area, grabbed the victim and fled the area.
The suspect was described by the victim as a white male in his late 20s to early 30s with light brown hair that was cut above his ears. The suspect, police say, has an average build, stood approximately 5 feet 10 inches and has an "obvious" stomach.
Anyone with information on the identity of the suspect is asked to call the Surfside Police Department at (843) 913-6368.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=10885388

was there ever a reason given as to why there are practically no missing person posters out there for BD?

Totally agree...but I can't be accountable for the opinions and actions of others. I also only was telling these things to help straighten out some questions. If you look at the past threads you will see that this forum has a tendency to stay on the same topic for 2 wks and work in circles. Some people on here can figure out some great stuff if they know the direction to go in, I was trying to help get there. I was not coming out here to say- give me all your questions and I will go back and ask JG them. If that is the case- forget I even mentioned anything. I have other outlets for helping Britt and will use them.
And because I have talked to DD doesn't mean I know what MBPD was thinking. I doubt DD can answer this-after all she didn't question the fact that she had Brittanee's clothes, but doesn't that seem odd to anyone else? In addition, there are people on this forum that have connections w/MBPD that may better answer that question if you are looking for people w/connections.

We all need to try to work together instead of arguing on this board. We all are here for the same reason. Can you tell us why you think we should look in a certain direction and what the direction is? I hope she is found soon. I read everything but rarely post. Keeping hope and prayer.

While I've had my thoughts about people BD was with had to have had something to do with this.... I still have to think too that this was a stranger abduction (with it possibly being someone she met while there - outside of the group).

To me it seems that for someone to get away with this for so long would have had to have known the MB and outlying areas very well. And I feel that they would have had to have done something like this before, or something very similar.

Lots of strange events happened with both sets of groups that seem too odd to be coincidence, which still have me wondering - but, really, could these people pull something like this off and get away with it for so long? Did someone just get lucky? Or did they have outside help?

It is hard to say if the cell phone was with Brittanee or not. I am going to go with she and the phone were together at the point of signal.

With months gone by and no sign of Brittanee either way, whoever took her possibly went to their "comfort zone" At this point all we know is the phone last pinged in the location stated, we don't know from what direction they went.

The statement "intimate details" keeps ringing in my head.

I want to know more of the timeline about Peter and his friends. They were still at their hotel after he was contacted about her being "missing" correct? After she was labeled "missing" to him when was the first inbound call or text to her phone from him? Why did he opt to go to a "college party" that evening knowing she was missing? Can anyone substantiate that he did go to that party? I find it very hard to believe that if your not having a good time at the party, you leave and drive straight home. He certainly had plenty of time to go back to the hotel to get his things and collect the deposit. He didn't wanna go back to his hotel, he knew Brittanee had left articles of clothing in it, he also knew there was alcohol.

I still say he and his friends hold a lot of missing information. If you get a call from someones mom saying "my daughter is missing" who just so happens to have been staying with you all weekend and you give the mom 3 diff stories (per Dawn) you don't up and go to a party. Going to a party is an easy cop out because they know it was spring break in a college town. What did they really do in that 2 hour time span after they all went out? Did they go somewhere to work on their stories? Did the spin down to Georgetown? You DON'T need a lawyer less than 24 hours after you return when you HAVE 4 alibi's to vouch for you. The alibi's are worth much more than the lawyer but for some odd reason the alibi's have dodged all of the heat in this and yet Brittanee is still missing.

I want to know more of the timeline about Peter and his friends. They were still at their hotel after he was contacted about her being "missing" correct? After she was labeled "missing" to him when was the first inbound call or text to her phone from him? Why did he opt to go to a "college party" that evening knowing she was missing? Can anyone substantiate that he did go to that party? I find it very hard to believe that if your not having a good time at the party, you leave and drive straight home. He certainly had plenty of time to go back to the hotel to get his things and collect the deposit. He didn't wanna go back to his hotel, he knew Brittanee had left articles of clothing in it, he also knew there was alcohol.

I still say he and his friends hold a lot of missing information. If you get a call from someones mom saying "my daughter is missing" who just so happens to have been staying with you all weekend and you give the mom 3 diff stories (per Dawn) you don't up and go to a party. Going to a party is an easy cop out because they know it was spring break in a college town. What did they really do in that 2 hour time span after they all went out? Did they go somewhere to work on their stories? Did the spin down to Georgetown? You DON'T need a lawyer less than 24 hours after you return when you HAVE 4 alibi's to vouch for you. The alibi's are worth much more than the lawyer but for some odd reason the alibi's have dodged all of the heat in this and yet Brittanee is still missing.

That's some of the reasons I can't get past thinking what I do... Their "story" is too weird...but yet at the same time what would have been their motive in causing to happen whatever happened to BD... And then that's why I go back to the stranger abduction theory...

Exactly on the 4 other alibi's...and then if they went to a college party...there should have been many more alibi's putting ALL 5 of them in a spot with some kind of time frame...and I haven't seen in any news article that there are any other independent witnesses...

And the other thing that bothers me about what has been termed "college party"...aren't they usually called "frat parties"... I could be reading too much into that, but it's just always struck me as odd.

what about what the law enforcement stated saying "intimate" details. I really wish they would give us a little more to go on to figure out things. Which person out of the girls and the guys had a car down there?
I agree the college party thing is weird. How the girls and guys acted afterward is very odd to me too. If I was the girls and my friend went missing I wouldn't be acting so defensive. I would show that I am concerned about my friend.

was there ever a reason given as to why there are practically no missing person posters out there for BD?

When we were in Myrtle Beach in late May/early June I saw them in lots of places ... stores / gas stations, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member