Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how accurate this article is- I didn't think they were found the sunglasses on a beach and last October? Thought it was by the Santee River in a camping type area?

Yeah, I'm not sure how to take articles that provide knowingly false info.

I believe they called the location a riverbank in a few articles. I've heard everything from a beach to the woods. I don't really know what to think.

They were found in December, I believe.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to take articles that provide knowingly false info.

I believe they called the location a riverbank in a few articles. I've heard everything from a beach to the woods. I don't really know what to think.

They were found in December, I believe.

Yeah, I caught that in the article as well. I sure don't remember the sunglasses being found in October. Journalism these days is really lacking. You would think these people would have to proof read their articles and back them up with researched facts before submitting them. And I thought they were found on a bank of a river near a campground. Not a beach.

That was brought up early on in the thread...once the vid's were seen. Several people wondered if this was really BD. Seems to be the angle of the camera (and/or lens) that makes her somewhat distorted looking.

There are ways to actually measure a person and get their height from video. I also believe there was no doubt in DD's mind that this was her daughter. I'm sure she could tell by how she was walking/carrying herself.

Also BD was supposedly wearing JO's clothing - I would think if this hadn't been JO's clothes then JO would have spoke up and said something. If I'm not mistaken, there is a pick of JO somewhere wearing the top that BD had on.

Thanks for the information. I quess I need to go back and start from the begining and read from day one. I'll see you guys when I catch up.

Tuesday, Feb 9, 2010 Posted on Tue, Jan. 12, 2010
Human trafficking threat real in Myrtle Beach area
Officials attend awareness event
By Claudia Lauer
clauer@thesunnews.com
The Grand Strand has several qualities that make it susceptible to human trafficking, according to speakers at an event Monday to commemorate International Human Trafficking Awareness Day.

The event at the Myrtle Beach International Airport was hosted by the Eastern Carolina Coalition Against Human Trafficking and featured several members of law enforcement, as well as S.C. Rep. Nelson Hardwick. He plans to introduce a resolution this week recognizing Human Trafficking Awareness Day and file legislation to strengthen laws against trafficking. .

"Human trafficking is the fastest growing global crime industry in the world. It generated $31 billion last year," said Kelly O'Neill-Bagwell, president of ECCHAT, which was formed in Conway in 2008. "An estimated 1 million people are trafficked each year across international borders. When you include those who are trafficked within national borders, that number can rise to up to four times that amount."

Trafficking, the holding and transport of a person against their will by use of fear or other coercion or control, is often tied to other crimes such as drug trade or prostitution. It can also be tied to the service industry or to agricultural work. About 80 percent of people who are trafficked are women and children, according to statistics from the U.S. Department of Justice.

O'Neill-Bagwell said she was looking at a map of instances of alleged trafficking and was struck by how few cases appeared in South Carolina. After talking to law enforcement officials, she said she found out that wasn't because it didn't happen here, but that no one was reporting them and victims weren't coming forward.

"We would be sticking our heads in the sand to think that it wasn't happening inside of South Carolina," said Lt. Buddy Wilkes with the S.C. Law Enforcement Division. "I think that awareness and accurate instance numbers go hand in hand. It's a Catch-22 in some ways. You have to increase awareness to get people to come forward and record accurate statistics. In some ways you have to have those statistics to convince people that it's a problem they need to be aware of."

A speaker from the FBI, Mike Beauford, said several cases have been prosecuted in South Carolina in the last few years, including a case outside Columbia where a 14-year-old girl was illegally brought into the United States from Mexico, kept as a prisoner in a trailer and prostituted by her captors, who were eventually convicted under the trafficking laws.

Because the Grand Strand has large immigrant communities that don't always speak English, and because of the seasonal, transient nature of some businesses, the area has more potential for trafficking.

Myrtle Beach police reports often show requests from out-of-state law enforcement agencies to assist in arresting runaways and returning them to their families. Although no leads have panned out, there were several suggestions that missing teen Brittanee Drexel might have been a victim of human trafficking. A continued search over the weekend near Charleston for the teen, who disappeared last spring, did not turn up any new leads or clues.

Hardwick said the potential legislation needs some more work before he discusses details, but said it would look at the penalties for human trafficking offenses. He said he expects to be able to introduce the legislation in the next few weeks.

Contact CLAUDIA LAUER at 626-0301.
© 2010 TheSunNews.com and wire service sources. All Rights Reserved. http://www.thesunnews.com

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/v-print/story/1256077.html

I've never heard of that show. I'm not sure it was actually on tv, I believe it was a radio talk show?

im listeing to talk show now online its radio talk show but its getting very interseting im learning alot of new stuff that i never heard before,i can say that so call friends specially pb is still a red flag to law they are not out of the dark yet i feel this new guy thats involed will get answers

I wish I could listen. My computer has no sound...I don't know what's wrong with it. I'll have to wait until I can get to Mom's to hear it.

I wish I could listen. My computer has no sound...I don't know what's wrong with it. I'll have to wait until I can get to Mom's to hear it.

i hope you get hear it,,few things that i heard from DD that i never knew,that BD cell phone ping was in location they been searching for 24hrs after it pinged? i took it (might be wrong) that her cell phone was pining for 24hrs in that one area,so i take it she or phone was at stand still for 24hrs? and it never ping anymore,,but good news is that new pi hasnt let Friends off the hook,from how it was stated,it says the PI can go out of SC to find clues,etc answrs,,but something sticks in my gut,i feel they going toward someone may sold traffic her just my thoughts,but if you get listen to recording liste close,,a Uncle Ed (of BD) called in he was up all in it for two other kids,not much onBD,,,

Did BD's group of friends know anyone local....friends or family in MB? Were the phone ping locations in a remote area? How far away from the main strip? TIA

Did BD's group of friends know anyone local....friends or family in MB? Were the phone ping locations in a remote area? How far away from the main strip? TIA

Ladybug,
im not sure if group knew anyone there,but one friends that bd went with use live near MB so who knows, i live in Georgetown county,that area they searching is woods,wild animals,swamps,drugs etc not good area,down here when anyone hears our kids near that area we go looking due we know its drug related in those areas,,,,,,,,,

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...ency_discusses_britanee_drexel_search/103221/

After missing for ten months, private investigators are now joining the search for Brittanee Drexel.

Drexel was reported missing after leaving the Bar Harbor Hotel in Myrtle Beach April 15, 2009. Since then, hundreds of people searched numerous times and places for any trace of the Rochester, NY teenager, but no solid leads have formed.

Frank del Vecchio, CEO of AMBER READY emergency response network based out of Rockaway, NJ, met Brittanee’s mother, Dawn, in August and began assisting with the search.

Del Vecchio traveled to South Carolina for searches that took place in Horry and Georgetown Counties in December and committed to doing more to find Drexel.

Since then, AMBER READY partnered with an outside contractor to further investigate the case. Del Vecchio says Mark Benson, who is based out of North Carolina, is solely dedicated to handling any information or leads that come in concerning the Drexel search. Benson works closely with CUE Center for Missing Persons, an organization that has been very involved with searching for Brittanee since the beginning.

Del Vecchio says hiring a private investigator helps the CUE Center and Myrtle Beach police with the search, in particular by handling leads that come from other states. He also says, while those two organizations are doing a great job handling the Drexel search, it should help to have a fresh set of eyes on the case.

AMBER READY is not officially associated with the national AMBER Alert program, but the two do work closely together. Del Vecchio says AMBER READY’s main priority is providing the families of missing children with the most information as quickly as possible.

Investigators are not giving any specific details as to what the enhanced search for Brittanee will entail, but say they are working hard to get her home safe and sound.

For more information on the AMBER READY program and its involvement with the Brittanee Drexel case, visit its website at http://www.amberready.com/ .

What is it with all of these errors in these recent news stories about Brittanee? The one just posted gives the date she went missing as April 15.

What is it with all of these errors in these recent news stories about Brittanee? The one just posted gives the date she went missing as April 15.

And that she went missing after leaving Bar Harbor Hotel

I have a few questions for the MB locals.

How many known people in the area have been abducted that you can recall? What I mean is how many substantiated cases do you know of where someone was taken against there will, killed then later proven to be an abduction, or taken then returned home in some capacity? Keep in mind I don't mean a sexual assault on a beach or in a hotel.

How many people do you know of are in Brittanee's situation a suspected abduction or trafficking, substantiated or not?

None. There are no documented cases of such an abduction here.

The most likely event, and I've said this before:

BD went to see the boys to get $$$ to buy drugs for the group to party later.
She hopped in the car with the dealer right outside the hotel, they drove off with her, headed South, and wherever her phone last pinged is most likely where she was left.

If they just "roughed her up" & took the money and ran, depending on how far off the road they left her, she genuinely might not have been able to find her way out.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member