Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point about the cameras if you are sure they didn't look at them. I know they did look at the cameras along Ocean Blvd when she left the Hotel and she was seen up until either 14th or 16th street south. That's either 4 or 6 blocks from where she left the hotel. That makes me think that none of the guys she had visited had anything to do with it. They would have had to have been seen exiting the hotel.

But as to your second point, she was of consenting age in New York and South Carolina so that wouldn't have been an issue.

I am talking about the weekend as a whole. Providing alcohol at his hotel amongst other things, helping her get into the club and providing plenty of alcohol there according to her friends. It also sounds like back in ROC he is not a stranger to girls around her age.

Brittanee was captured on the street cams walking from BH to BWR. She was not captured on the street cams upon exiting BWR to go back to BH.

This is how LE knows that she went missing within 7 minutes of leaving BWR - because she didn't make it to the first street cam.

From street entrance of BWR to street entrance of BH it is exactly 1.2 miles (checked this on my last trip down).

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S967112.shtml?cat=565

Brittanee disappeared six weeks ago on Spring Break. The 17-year-old was last seen leaving a hotel in Myrtle Beach. Surveillance video captured Brittanee walking down the main strip.

However, police say she didn't get far. In fact, News 10NBC has learned police believe something happened to her within seven minutes of leaving that hotel. Police say there are several cameras further along the route she was walking, but Brittanee was never seen.

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S977426.shtml?cat=566

Missing Chili teen's mother points fingers
6/13/09 6:18 PM | WHEC.com
By: Deanna King

Brittanee was last seen leaving a hotel in Myrtle Beach. Police believe she disappeared within 7 minutes of leaving that hotel. There were several cameras along the route she was walking, but Brittanee never went by.

Thanks MB for the info i'm an outsider looking in, it helps me a lot...

So the police did want to be able to spot her on camera at some point and they did walking there. I wonder if they were doing this just to pick her up on the camera at some point or if they were looking for other things. Only they may know the answer to that. I wonder how many cameras they actually tried to pick her up on.

I have never been to this area but my best guess is she got into a car within 100 yards of leaving the hotel based on your next street camera fact. That is odd within itself as she said she didn't want a ride from PB at least according to him. You would think she would have worn down later in the walk. Or maybe she was taken but many say it would have been to busy for her to have been snatched. I even wonder if she had a ride arranged by herself or by PB and his friends. There are many theories she may have been an errand runner. I don't think this has been spoken of.

It is probably a rhetorical question but there are no cameras at all focusing on the outside of the hotel? It is a shame we can't get some of the key players to take a lie detector. There are certainly some missing components we do not know about. Will it directly implicate anyone I don't know but there was no reason for him to give Dawn and the police 3 different stories that night. His original story, truthful or not, sadly was good enough to basically clear him as it has.

Any update on the remains found in Florence?

I am wishy washy on Brittanee's abduction. I have thought about human trafficking...which makes sense. They send out drug dealers as a cover...they get these girls high, which means there isn't a struggle per say, and then they take off with them. And Marc is right...she probably made it known that she was on vacation without her mothers knowledge.

I wonder if she did drugs in the boys room, and then...a hotel employee/drug dealer/human trafficker knowing that she was under the influence made his move when she came back downstairs. I wonder if this hypothetical bad guy even asked those boys prior to Brittanee arriving, if the were going to smoke pot or whatever...these boys may have theories about what happened to her, I hope they told LE.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but Myrtle Beach is really sleazy. Years ago it was nice...but in the last 10 years I feel there is this seedy element that has seemed to take over the place.

I agree with you and that is why I said I think there making a big mistake not looking at camera's before she got to the hotel. Right after she went missing they were looking at the cameras after she left the hotel trying to catch someone grabbing her or her getting into a car. People are forgetting she had a long walk there, at any point in time she could have passed someone "hanging out" as you put it and they slowly started to follow her spotting a pretty girl. The person could have saw her go into the hotel and maybe hung out outside of the hotel for a bit looking for other girls. Remember she wasn't in the hotel long before she came back out. If you can spot her on other cameras along the way to the Blue Water with a guy in multiple shots behind her maybe you have something to go on. Will it solve the case? Probably not, but it could be something to go on.

Why was Mr. high roller Ferrari staying in a bad part of the strip? I can tell ya why he reacted the way he did was because of her age, the friends as well. Guys pretty much always date girls younger a year or so. When you hit 18 and the girl is under 18 the law starts to play with your mind. He never imagined he would be on CNN with them talking about him with a 17 year old.

I really wonder if anyone thought to look at other cameras outlining her walk to the BW.

I've been keeping up with this case since day one. I live close to Myrtle Beach. I have always thought that the girls and boys sent Brittanee out to score drugs for them. She probably had the money from the girls and walked to the boy's room to get their part of the money for the score. She was most likely picked by the group to do the deal because she was the youngest and they felt that she owed it to them because they let her go to Myrtle Beach with them. If she approached a drug dealer he may have told her to get in the car to do the deal. Then he just drove off with her.

Hate to even type this but wanted to let you know that in the area on Hwy. 17 south on the Santee Cooper River bridge (area where Brittanee's cell phone pinged) there are plenty of wild hogs in the underbrush beside the river near this bridge. I had to travel this route for years in my work and many times saw baby pigs rooting the grass beside the hwy. Some of them had gotten run over by cars. I stopped a couple of times and honked the horn to make them scramble into the brush beside the hwy next to the bridge. Discussed this with the hunters in the area and they acknowleded that there are many wild pigs in that area. What I'm getting at is: Pigs will eat humans for food. So it is not only the alligators that will eat bodies but the wild pigs will too.

Hate to even type this but wanted to let you know that in the area on Hwy. 17 south on the Santee Cooper River bridge (area where Brittanee's cell phone pinged) there are plenty of wild hogs in the underbrush beside the river near this bridge. I had to travel this route for years in my work and many times saw baby pigs rooting the grass beside the hwy. Some of them had gotten run over by cars. I stopped a couple of times and honked the horn to make them scramble into the brush beside the hwy next to the bridge. Discussed this with the hunters in the area and they acknowleded that there are many wild pigs in that area. What I'm getting at is: Pigs will eat humans for food. So it is not only the alligators that will eat bodies but the wild pigs will too.

wow and yet another reason not to eat hotdogs! Jk, that is creepy. I always wondered if one of the boys as Britt was leaving went out the back of the hotel and drove around as she was walking back and said hey come on don't walk.. I'll give ya a ride.

Clues scarce after discovery of human remains in Florence
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 12:15 PM EST Updated: Feb 03, 2010 10:34 AM EST

FLORENCE, SC (WMBF) - Florence Police continue to search for clues after human remains were found inside a vacant home on Jan. 29.

Florence Police Chief Anson Shells says demolition workers were getting ready to demolish the home at 520 Charles St. when they knocked over a tub containing human remains. The remains, according to investigators, were found around 11 a.m.

Florence County Coroner Bubba Matthews says he and investigators have reason to believe the remains are that of a female. Matthews estimates the remains are two to three years old.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=11901866

____

Assuming their approximation is correct, this rules out Britt. She's been missing for just over 9 months, as I'm sure you all know.

Early on in the BD case, there was a reported sighting of her by a woman at/outside of a discount store in Florence. As I recall, the woman talked to a girl who asked for help and a ride and when the woman came out of the store the girl was gone. I don't know how to search the old threads for this info., but if someone finds it, a location map with that store and the house where the bones were found would be great!

jmoo

Early on in the BD case, there was a reported sighting of her by a woman at/outside of a discount store in Florence. As I recall, the woman talked to a girl who asked for help and a ride and when the woman came out of the store the girl was gone. I don't know how to search the old threads for this info., but if someone finds it, a location map with that store and the house where the bones were found would be great!

jmoo

I remember this story. Didn't they look at surveillance and not see any evidence of this happening? The story seemed to come out of the woodwork along with a lot of other "sightings" around the same time.

I don't remember which thread it's on unfortunately.

I go with the theory that she met with foul play from either getting a ride from someone or some one saw her walking by herself more than I do PB and crew having something to do with her disappearance.

Maybe he lawyered up because he knew LE would be questioning him.

I believe that LE interviewed them and said that neither PB or crew were POI.

I'm going with stranger abduction here.

I go with the theory that she met with foul play from either getting a ride from someone or some one saw her walking by herself more than I do PB and crew having something to do with her disappearance.

Maybe he lawyered up because he knew LE would be questioning him.

I believe that LE interviewed them and said that neither PB or crew were POI.

I'm going with stranger abduction here.

IMHO Saying that is very common in criminal cases so that the suspects let their guard down. If you recall Ronald Cummings is also not a POI in his daughter Haleigh's disappearance but is now sitting in jail along with the rest of those characters. My point is no one is cleared in this case because a body has not been found nor has Brittanee been found so it is not possible to completely clear or charge them.

jmoo

This was posted by ltlbtygirl 5/12/09 thread 4

the girl from facebook wrote me back. this is her comment when i asked about the possible b spotting. i am not familiar with florence but this is it

"she said it was near Delmae Plaza on Cashua Dr... she said that she came up to her and told her that she was with 2 guys and that they left her... my cousin said that she told her to wait there (outside the store) and that she would take her home... she said when she walked back out of the store that she was gone."

Any update on the remains found in Florence?

I am wishy washy on Brittanee's abduction. I have thought about human trafficking...which makes sense. They send out drug dealers as a cover...they get these girls high, which means there isn't a struggle per say, and then they take off with them. And Marc is right...she probably made it known that she was on vacation without her mothers knowledge.

I wonder if she did drugs in the boys room, and then...a hotel employee/drug dealer/human trafficker knowing that she was under the influence made his move when she came back downstairs. I wonder if this hypothetical bad guy even asked those boys prior to Brittanee arriving, if the were going to smoke pot or whatever...these boys may have theories about what happened to her, I hope they told LE.

Not to hurt anyone's feelings, but Myrtle Beach is really sleazy. Years ago it was nice...but in the last 10 years I feel there is this seedy element that has seemed to take over the place.

Having lived in Myrtle Beach I am really on the opposite opinion about human trafficking. I really doubt that this case involves human trafficking.

Considering my time I spent on the scene out there on the strip and staying at the Blue Water Resort, I just don't buy it. You are right when you say it is sleazy out there. In fact, it might be an understatement.

Another interesting thing about the boys staying at the Blue Water Resort is how in fact they got the room there. You cant reserve and check into the Blue Water Resort unless you are atleast 25 years of age. Did one of the parents come down with them and check them in? Did they get an adult stranger to check them in? I guarantee the front office at the Resort was under the impression that they had a 25 year old adult with them while they stayed there.

Also, I thought that she only had gotten captured on video tape walking to the Blue Water Resort, not walking from the Blue Water Resort. Someone on here had said that she got on video walking from the Blue Water which turned out not to be the case.

The one thing I am sure of is that somebody saw something and probably doesnt realize it. At 8:15 at night right in front of the Blue Water Resort is hopping with people and it is evident that she didn't make it far at all once leaving the lobby. You've got the Firebird motel across the street from the Bluewater which his usually full of people. The Reef is next to the Blue Water Resort to the south which is very populated. Somebody out there somewhere saw something!

wow and yet another reason not to eat hotdogs! Jk, that is creepy. I always wondered if one of the boys as Britt was leaving went out the back of the hotel and drove around as she was walking back and said hey come on don't walk.. I'll give ya a ride.

I definitely think that she got into a car with someone, whether to buy drugs or that someone she recognized offered her a ride. With all the people around I think it would be difficult to force someone into a car without a lot of witnesses. From all the information out there, she disappeared very shortly after leaving the boy's room.

When the videos were first released of Britt a lot of people were under the impression (including me) that these cams caught her after walking from the BWR. It was later determined and clarified that wasn't the case and that she was seen she was walking to BWR. It created some confusion for several days.

I have to say one thing - Crown Cowboy - I fully understand you know a lot about the area. I don't. I'm just a twice a year visitor so naturally I don't know all of the happenings in and around MB.

With that being said, I was in MB when BD went missing. I arrived early that afternoon along with my Mom and grandson. We met friends who had already been there a couple of days and later that evening we went to Damon's for dinner. (We were staying at the Holiday Sands North). We drove down the strip early evening, passing both the BH & the BWR. We drove slow checking things out...and there were minimal people on either side of the street. We drove back to our hotel at approx. 7:30-7:45, once again driving slowly checking things out again...and still there were minimal people on either side of the street.

Which really surprised me - this basically being the last night of Spring break for a lot of kids.

I know the 7:30-7:45 time is early for the 'night life'...but still, this was shortly before BD went missing...so the usual activity wasn't happening around that time.

I remember what time it was because one of the friends we met up with we went back down to the beach to look for shark teeth and we weren't down there long before it began to get too dark to see.

I've been keeping up with this case since day one. I live close to Myrtle Beach. I have always thought that the girls and boys sent Brittanee out to score drugs for them. She probably had the money from the girls and walked to the boy's room to get their part of the money for the score. She was most likely picked by the group to do the deal because she was the youngest and they felt that she owed it to them because they let her go to Myrtle Beach with them. If she approached a drug dealer he may have told her to get in the car to do the deal. Then he just drove off with her.

It is a foregone conclusion that drugs were involved in the stay at MB. I can’t go as far as saying who used what but they were there. The friends admitted it. The theory of her being the drug runner fits perfectly. First off she had very little money so in essence it was a part of her pulling her weight. Secondly, she was 17 and to my knowledge the only “minor” of both parties. In the event of someone getting busted you’re talking about a minor possession versus an adult possession.

Let’s back track to that night. Saturday night a prime night for anyone who goes out and the last Saturday for both parties. I am sure they wanted to live it up to the full extent. She was over at PB’s around 8 o clock which is relatively early in terms of partying. The real partying wouldn’t start till around 10 or 11. Plenty of time to score a few party accessories.

A couple of things that stick out to me:

PB saying he offered her a ride home. I think he made a mistake here to sound like a “good guy.” By now we all pretty much know she got into a car. And more than likely she got into a car within 25-50 meters of leaving the hotel. This is the same person who did not want a ride home and barely began her walk. What I am getting at is was this ride arranged for her outside?

At the very onset of everything the heat of the moment when she very first went missing he gave 3 different stories to Dawn and the cops? Why? There was absolutely no need for this. First of he had 3-4 accomplices to vouch for him and secondly, he could have just said she left his room and he doesn't know which he finally said.

PB’s crew this entire time has been virtually unheard of. They went to their so called college party then skipped town. They had a nice long what 16-17 hour drive home to sort things out. Now Britt was obviously into Peter so he was going to receive his fair amount of attn back in ROC. But he was the only one to receive any attn. And he was also prepared for it within 48 hours of getting back with his 20K lawyer. Would these other guys have had the same resources to face the spotlight like PB did? I really feel they know more than their saying but then again they were never really pressed to say anything. The fact that they got back to ROC so quickly and out of MB so quickly really helped them out in my opinion.

Sadly the fact remains that if anyone was involved they know they got away with it. There is nothing the police can do to help the family.

I have to say one thing - Crown Cowboy - I fully understand you know a lot about the area. I don't. I'm just a twice a year visitor so naturally I don't know all of the happenings in and around MB.

With that being said, I was in MB when BD went missing. I arrived early that afternoon along with my Mom and grandson. We met friends who had already been there a couple of days and later that evening we went to Damon's for dinner. (We were staying at the Holiday Sands North). We drove down the strip early evening, passing both the BH & the BWR. We drove slow checking things out...and there were minimal people on either side of the street. We drove back to our hotel at approx. 7:30-7:45, once again driving slowly checking things out again...and still there were minimal people on either side of the street.

Which really surprised me - this basically being the last night of Spring break for a lot of kids.

I know the 7:30-7:45 time is early for the 'night life'...but still, this was shortly before BD went missing...so the usual activity wasn't happening around that time.

I remember what time it was because one of the friends we met up with we went back down to the beach to look for shark teeth and we weren't down there long before it began to get too dark to see.

Well, it has been a few years since I really have spent any time down there. I have done my usual drive down the strip when I go every year. Anyway, alot of things have changed down there in the last 5 years. It really all changed when they tore down the Pavilion. Everything has kind of moved, clubs located on Ocean Blvd. has moved further inland and so forth. It is surprising that it was that quiet that night down there but as mentioned on this forum Myrtle Beach has really gone down hill and people are going elsewhere, even springbreakers.

Any number of things could have happened to her out there. I do think she got into a car like most on here. I tend to think she was picked up randomly and was duked into getting into a car. For some reason, I don't think she was doing anything with drugs but thats just my opinion.

If not for the odd behavior from PB and the rest of BD's friends, I could see how a complete stranger may have abducted BD. However, it just doesn't add up. If the friends were acting normal about this disappearance, then maybe I could see your theory. Somehow, someway, PB and the rest of BD's friends do indeed know something. And if they weren't involved somehow, they would be telling the story. Also, I would think there would have been some sort of struggle and screaming by BD if she were randomly abducted or thrown into a car. She disappeared a litte after 8pm on a Saturday night during Spring Break. There would have been countless witnesses come forward by now if that were true.

This is where the term sociopath would apply. PB and JO are able to distance themselves from the situation because in all honesty they really do not care about Brittanee. If they were using her as a drug runner and a drug dealer decided to seal her fate they blame the drug dealer, not themselves. They do not want any involvement in it. Brittanee is dead too bad but they still go party each weekend.

You have people who come home and post pictures on facebook about the "best vacation ever." And a kid who goes on national TV and says one or two sentences about his concern about Brittanee. He was more concerned about his name being spelled wrong on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!