Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First, thanks for the video, Debbie!!

Second, I wish I were better at IT matters, but I'll try to explain it well:

So, I just did a google map of Blue Water Resort. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQnwIwAA
Align your view to where you are looking directly at the cars in the parking lot to the right of BWR. Once you have that in your view, slowly rotate your view 360 degrees.

You'll notice that there is NO other hotel or business in your view....all parking lots. The only way someone would notice Brittanee being abducted from that alleyway is if they happened to exit the BWR in that same minute that she did.
I'm now wondering if the word 'directly' was just an odd turn of phrase and not a clue (POI's didn't know BD 'directly'). Maybe they didn't know her at all....and simply chose her because she happened to be the first female to come out of the building alone. What I'm saying is that this alleyway is near perfect for an abduction...very high walls without windows on all sides, no cameras facing the parking area, no hotels overlooking the alleyway, nothing but parking garages and the backs of two buildings. I think they CHOSE this location beforehand...and that Brittanee was their victim because she happened to be in that place at that time. It would have been someone for sure, but it was her because they knew she was all by herself...and they knew that she was walking in...and walking out only moments later. They may have even chatted with her on her way in to the building....making it all that much easier for her to chat with them upon leaving. A la. Ted Bundy, I think they lured her to the car...a puppy, drugs, needed help with directions, etc....and simply forced her into the vehicle. They could have used something like chloroform, but they also could have used a gun or the threat of a gun. She still had her phone in her hand...and they likely saw it and removed it, and either restrained her or knocked her out right there in the parking lot.
I've made this sound like an absolute fact. I know it isn't, but after you look at the map's 360 views from that parking area, you'll be sure of one thing. It's a great place to abduct someone without anyone else noticing. The street would be FAR more risky, IMHO. That being said, I truly hope it didn't happen this way at all...and that someone can give me an explaination that involves BD willingly going with them and not knowing until the last second of her life that something was wrong. In a case of horrible scenarios, that would be the 'least worst' I suppose.

Very nice research Krista, it is a very realistic possibility. But I still feel like the police said didn't know her 'directly' for a reason. They could have just said she didn't not know them prior to her leaving the BW. The other million dollar question you brought up is if she did know them how is it they were at the same place at the same time. This question could be answered if the police would tell how she knew of them. This is probably where the run scenario is coming back into play, them being the transportation.

My best guess is she got less < 500-700 feet after she exited the BW. I am trying to look this up on your camera shots as well.

Very nice research Krista, it is a very realistic possibility. But I still feel like the police said didn't know her 'directly' for a reason. They could have just said she didn't not know them prior to her leaving the BW. The other million dollar question you brought up is if she did know them how is it they were at the same place at the same time. This question could be answered if the police would tell how she knew of them. This is probably where the run scenario is coming back into play, them being the transportation.

I did some calculations this evening and my best guess is she got less < 500 feet after she exited the BW. I am trying to look this up on your camera shots as well.

Or could it be BOTH.
My 'sticking point' is that I (currently) no longer feel that this was a random or 'quick' thought process....i.e..."Hey, that's the girl from the bar, pick her up''. I believe that the area was 'prescouted'...that the abduction was planned....not necessarily for Brittanee, but for some female victim. There are only so many places on Ocean Blvd where one wouldn't be noticed...where an abduction could happen without alarming someone. I believe that THIS place would be at or near the top of my list.
That said, I certainly think they could have still seen her around. In fact, wasn't it PB who said that Brittanee had been walking Ocean Blvd for the entire week? It's not like she would go unnoticed; she's a beautiful girl. She may have even gone to PB's room prior to that evening. If someone were watching her they'd know she wasn't staying there~but they'd also know that she was virtually alone much of the time. But even if they weren't watching her at all and it just happened to be her walking out the door at that time, that doesn't mean that they didn't indirectly know her from all of their time scouting the area. IMHO.

Regardless of which scenario took place, **IF** this newest report is correct on the times, and Brittanee was texting in Myrtle Beach at 8:58pm, leaving BWR at 8:59pm, and her phone pings in Georgetown at 10:18pm, that means that she (her phone) went straight from MB to Georgetown and that the abduction took place very shortly after leaving the hotel...and would have been without much stopping or conversation. She wouldn't have had time to go to someone's hotel room, to get too far down the road on her walk back, etc. It's fairly clear that she was taken from the alleyway or Ocean Blvd just after leaving.
All of that being our given information, would an adult sex offender/s or a high school kid/s be more likely as the perp/s?
I think the person/s who abducted her didn't come up with that plan on the spot. I think there had to have been at least some intent to harm the person they picked up--if they knew her prior or not--because they immediately took her to Georgetown county. You don't drive an hour out of the way for a quickie rape in the back of a car. Even a drug overdose doesn't happen that quickly...so the INTENT was to take her to Georgetown...an hour away for what? It couldn't have been ANYTHING good. IMHO.

So, with that being the actual information we've been given based on this new report, do you think it's possible that teens could have done this...that they had the guts, the planning, the sicko factor to do something like this?
Or would someone with a record be more likely?
All along I've been thinking about who Brittanee would get in a car with willingly. But if she didn't go willingly, it could literally be anyone of any age, race, background, etc.
I'm just trying to figure out what type of person would literally pull her up off the street--willingly or unwillingly--WITH THE FULL INTENT FROM THE START of taking her directly to Georgetown.

Or could it be BOTH.
My 'sticking point' is that I (currently) no longer feel that this was a random or 'quick' thought process....i.e..."Hey, that's the girl from the bar, pick her up''. I believe that the area was 'prescouted'...that the abduction was planned....not necessarily for Brittanee, but for some female victim. There are only so many places on Ocean Blvd where one wouldn't be noticed...where an abduction could happen without alarming someone. I believe that THIS place would be at or near the top of my list.
That said, I certainly think they could have still seen her around. In fact, wasn't it PB who said that Brittanee had been walking Ocean Blvd for the entire week? It's not like she would go unnoticed; she's a beautiful girl. She may have even gone to PB's room prior to that evening. If someone were watching her they'd know she wasn't staying there~but they'd also know that she was virtually alone much of the time. But even if they weren't watching her at all and it just happened to be her walking out the door at that time, that doesn't mean that they didn't indirectly know her from all of their time scouting the area. IMHO.

It is very possible Krista. It is great to explore every option. I wish police would clear up the not knowing her directly part. It wouldn't seem like the younger crowd would be patient/smart enough to pull off what you said but who really knows? What if they did know one of the people in her group and found out she was walking around by herself? Maybe one of the perps had a particular interest in her, similar to the guy who shot the video clip. Like you said she is a very pretty girl.

Another thing is after the article today, I wonder if she is with her cell phone or not. I am starting to believe now that she may not be.

Hi to you too Blondie in Spokane, and thanks for the friendly welcome. This is quite a tight-knit little community isn't it? back to lurking... ;-)

Young thugs could definitely have planned and executed an abduction with very nasty intentions IMO, as being young does not mean that you haven't already done some pretty serious crimes - just look at Eve Carson's killers for a good example (I could probably list off dozens more but I just got home from work and my brain's not functioning).

Hi to you too Blondie in Spokane, and thanks for the friendly welcome. This is quite a tight-knit little community isn't it? back to lurking... ;-)

Please don't go back to "just lurking"...You are always welcome to join in any time. I was hesitant to post in the beginning when I joined. I am not as "techy" as most of the group here, but have never been uncomfortable posting after I finally started.

I welcome you both and I am sure our whole group on this thread welcomes you both with open arms.

Young thugs could definitely have planned and executed an abduction with very nasty intentions IMO, as being young does not mean that you haven't already done some pretty serious crimes - just look at Eve Carson's killers for a good example (I could probably list off dozens more but I just got home from work and my brain's not functioning).

I agree with you and I base my opinion on the things I read in a couple of articles regarding the actual rapes and crimes that are committed at a couple of the high schools in and around Georgetown County.

Thinking about the Forensics Astrology readings, makes me give a second look at some of those high school kids and wonder if any of them come from a "well-to-do" family, as some of the readings from FA have stated the perp would be probably from an upscale neighborhood. I will not mention any of their names but one keeps coming to mind that has admitted his guilt in one sexual assault. Saw photos and he looks innocent enough. Could be him and his friends hang out in MB and especially during spring break to "look for some action".

**IF** this newest report is correct on the times, and Brittanee was texting in Myrtle Beach at 8:58pm, leaving BWR at 8:59pm, and her phone pings in Georgetown at 10:18pm, that means that she (her phone) went straight from MB to Georgetown and that the abduction took place very shortly after leaving the hotel...

Just for informational purposes: you cannot get from even the southern most MB city limits to northern Georgetown city limits by car in 20 minutes. Just can't be done, it's something like 35 miles.

Maybe you can get to Murrells Inlet in 20 minutes, which is in the extreme north end of Georgetown County. Then it's another 25-30 minutes to Georgetown. After Murrells Inlet, which have several traffic lights you pass through Litchfield beach and Pawleys Island which also have several traffic lights and a 45 mph speed limit (even if you speed a little, it's hard to make good time through there, and with an abducted person in the car, the driver would be crazy to do anything that might draw attention and there are a lot of police along that route, speed traps etc. Locals would know this).

The speed limit through Georgetown is 35 mph, with several traffic lights along the way, and it's several more miles (10-12) from the southern city limits to the bridge that crosses the N Santee river.

Now, I guess if the phone pings towers that are six or seven miles away in a direction favoring this timeline, maybe it's possible but towers aren't that far apart anywhere in the Grand Strand area, afaik. Maybe between Pawleys and Georgetown, yes, not sure.

I am doubting we have a way of knowing exactly which towers were pinged.

edit to add: this may come in handy for some, I use it for fishing but it works for mapping a route and checking distances on land as well, without opening Google Earth:

http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/atom/pmap.php#

Welcome Justice!!

Sorry I neglected to say hi earlier. I think you came in right as we'd found out some new info. Unfortunately, with the 1 year anniversary and the complete lack of info for so long, when the tiniest crumb is dropped it's all I can think about for days!!
As for your lurking.....please don't!! We need all the help we can get!! It's amazing how--with just a handful of people in here regularly--we manage to all have certain talents and knowledge that is invaluable. I don't know how much we're doing to help LE, but I feel like we've stumbled upon some really great ideas and theories thus far.
Maybe I'm biased, but this group for Brittanee is always focused, always concerned for and about Brittanee, and always friendly and thoughtful about ideas and theories. I wish we didn't even have to be here....wish we'd never had to ''meet'' under these circumstances...but I'm glad we can help keep Brittanee in the spotlight.
I hope you'll continue to post and help out with Brittanee's case. In fact, we've all been looking at it for so long that a fresh set of eyes and ideas could be just the thing that's needed!!

Just for informational purposes: you cannot get from even the southern most MB city limits to northern Georgetown city limits by car in 20 minutes. Just can't be done, it's something like 35 miles.

Ok, just smack me if I say something dumb here...lol
If she was pinged in MB at 8:58 and pinged in Georgetown at 10:18, that's an hour and 20 minutes.
According to google maps, it takes 1 hour and 7 minutes to get to N Santee River Rd from the BWR. Obviously, I wouldn't think she'd be that far...given traffic and speed traps, etc, but I still think an hour and 7 minutes would be enough to have her in Georgetown county if she was taken straight there from BWR. So, am I missing some obvious time gap?? :waitasec:

Maybe you can get to Murrells Inlet in 20 minutes, which is in the extreme north end of Georgetown County. Then it's another 25-30 minutes to Georgetown. After Murrells Inlet, which have several traffic lights you pass through Litchfield beach and Pawleys Island which also have several traffic lights and a 45 mph speed limit (even if you speed a little, it's hard to make good time through there, and with an abducted person in the car, the driver would be crazy to do anything that might draw attention and there are a lot of police along that route, speed traps etc. Locals would know this).

The speed limit through Georgetown is 35 mph, with several traffic lights along the way, and it's several more miles (10-12) from the southern city limits to the bridge that crosses the N Santee river.

Now, I guess if the phone pings towers that are six or seven miles away in a direction favoring this timeline, maybe it's possible but towers aren't that far apart anywhere in the Grand Strand area, afaik. Maybe between Pawleys and Georgetown, yes, not sure.

I am doubting we have a way of knowing exactly which towers were pinged.

edit to add: this may come in handy for some, I use it for fishing but it works for mapping a route and checking distances on land as well, without opening Google Earth:

http://mapper.angling-technologies.com/atom/pmap.php#

I agree with you on the timing to travel times,i know this area we use it every day and its not just stright shot,you have to many red lights and busy streets specially at that time of nite,it took longer,,,

I feel this **New News Report ** is the right timing,do to DD,CD had meetings with LE, that friday and then Carolinefive news did two day report from details that DD,CD gave them,so im sure this right time line,,

Ok, just smack me if I say something dumb here...lol
If she was pinged in MB at 8:58 and pinged in Georgetown at 10:18, that's an hour and 20 minutes.
According to google maps, it takes 1 hour and 7 minutes to get to N Santee River Rd from the BWR. Obviously, I wouldn't think she'd be that far...given traffic and speed traps, etc, but I still think an hour and 7 minutes would be enough to have her in Georgetown county if she was taken straight there from BWR. So, am I missing some obvious time gap?? :waitasec:

Lol, I am the one that needs smacking. I misread the time posted. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I have driven the Grand Strand for over 30 years and that travel time from Google maps fits fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214