SC - Christine Parcell 41, fatally stabbed by concert pianist, Greenville, 13 Oct 2021 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here’s a link…

New charges in child *advertiser censored* case against fiance of murdered Upstate woman

The report says LE has 40 devices containing child *advertiser censored*. That is a lot.

Somehow the murder and all this ugliness are related, we just don’t know how yet.
Or this is one of the biggest examples of coincidence ever.
I think it suggests that child *advertiser censored* is way more common than most people realize, unfortunately.

I think it suggests that child *advertiser censored* is way more common than most people realize, unfortunately.

It’s almost routine in the local news and my little local jail roster has several that are charged with sex crimes involving minors. A couple have long lists of charges.

I can't believe that not one piece of investigative journalism has been done on this murder. Are we to suppose that this Juilliard-educated piano savant met this woman via her musician ex and decided to kill her at random, all on his own? How long had Christine and the ex been divorced?

I had no idea how very common csam is. I Followed the Josh Duggar trial and I read a portion of the Willis trial transcripts and I wanted to cry. Snuff films for viewing pleasure. KAK is another and of course Bradley Post. Off topic, I apologize but I had no idea how much of this was out there and the poor victims of these sick bas.....makes me so sad. I thought we would have heard more by now but it seems LE does not have enough evidence yet to make further arrests imo. I agree with above that ZH did not act alone and I wonder if he is cooperating at all. mOo Hoping more info comes soon.

I can't believe that not one piece of investigative journalism has been done on this murder. Are we to suppose that this Juilliard-educated piano savant met this woman via her musician ex and decided to kill her at random, all on his own? How long had Christine and the ex been divorced?

I know local journalists were looking into this hard in the beginning because of some odd aspects to it. Then throw in the child *advertiser censored* stuff and then it’s really crazy.
After Hughes’ arrest they seem to have slacked off. Could be LE asked them to tamp things down a bit I guess.

I just heard about this case after listening to a True Crime Daily podcast. Shocking and bizarre stuff.

This is purely anecdotal, but I wanted to add my observations and thoughts about ZH considering what I know from my experience as a classical pianist who also graduated from a famous conservatory in NY and performed abroad.

First off, I know some think of musicians as more "sensitive" (they even said this on CrimeWatch) and for some, that is definitely the case. But not all are like that. Some musicians are great technicians which lends them success, but they may be quite robotic and not at all expressive/emotional in their performance or their personality. These people have pursued music performance mostly because they love the attention and spotlight.

Re: the Marine Corps Officer Candidates School, it seems to be a 10-week program which includes physical training among other coursework. According to Wikipedia, "the Officer Candidates Course, which is designed for college seniors or graduates and enlisted Marines, and consists of one ten-week training session. While the curriculum is identical to the 10-week PLC Combined session, OCC is held three times a year (winter, summer, and fall), and accepts only college graduates." I can say that it is quite unusual for someone serious about a career in piano performance -- especially at age 27 when you've more recently graduated and you want to take advantage of your connections from attending a prominent school, etc -- to take 10 weeks off away from any piano practice facility. I know I wouldn't travel anywhere unless I first researched where I could practice while gone. I also know that around his age (late 20s) was when I began yearning for a regular income and that is when I switched careers, eventually earning a PharmD. I tried doing both pharmacy and piano, but it's just not the same. You have to dedicate yourself 100% if you want to truly "make it" at the highest level in classical piano performance. So it seems to me he was definitely trying to leave the profession at that time but injury pulled him back to music.

From his achievements and scant awards listed, it sounds like he was decently successful as a teenager (one small int'l competition win at 18) but since then hasn't really achieved anything particularly remarkable. He seems like a self-starter who networks and has gotten himself a couple cool gigs, but I can also see why he was thinking about joining the Marines: he was probably running out of money. All the music gigs described in his bio make VERY little money. Probably some he is doing for free! So he may have been very strapped for cash.

Another thing I'll mention is that in music school in NY, I was shocked by how common drug use was. Hard drugs. I never was around it because I had no desire to do so, but even my famous piano professor asked us once in our studio class if anyone had suggestions on how to smuggle some drugs in from France. She also even told me I needed to try certain drugs to enhance my performances. I still remember her saying "To understand and play Scriabin well, you need to do mushrooms" (I didn't). So my next concern would be that perhaps ZH was using drugs or needed money for drugs and maybe that played a role in the murder. Unlikely, but possible.

I really can't see ZH going out of his way to murder someone as some sort of vigilante. He comes across as very self-absorbed and concerned with how he is seen by others. He wants to be in the spotlight but not a bad spotlight. Maybe he did have a sicko side to him, though, and that paired with his [speculated] financial woes pushed him to accept a murder for hire position. If he were hired to kill CLP, however, why would the most likely person to hire him still be free and posting on social media?

Anyway, I hope sharing these insights & observations might spur some ideas from other posters here. It's surprising how short this thread is considering how strange and compelling the case is. I would love to hear others' thoughts!

As for JM, if he thought CP was sexually abusing children and that perhaps even his own daughter was in danger, wouldn't he go to the police? Since he apparently did not, that makes me wonder: perhaps he thought he could kill two birds with one stone. If the mother of his daughter gets killed, then his daughter presumably has no reason to be near mom's boyfriend. The fact that JM didn't even mention CLP in that news interview but says "[My daughter and I] went [to Italy] to finalize our citizenship and I wanted her to be away from these people and I wanted her to have a better life" seems to insinuate that he believed more than one person was involved in the child *advertiser censored*, and more specifically, seems to implicate CLP too.

The scenario that pops into my mind, and this is 100% conjecture - is that Mello came to believe that his daughter was being victimized and thought he could just take her off to Italy and it would solve the problem. It turned out it didn't and that because of his attempt at it, law enforcement was unwilling to listen to him (and the daughter may have been unwilling to file a complaint).

Hughes was perhaps someone who happened to be in some position of trust to all parties involved and Mello asked him to maybe just do some looking around for evidence at Parcell and Post's home where whatever he found (possibly including but not limited to dozens of devices containing child *advertiser censored*) sent him into a homicidal rage or what some others might think of as a righteous fury.

I wouldn't even necessarily go so far as to call this "my opinion" but it is one scenario that would fit all the currently reported evidence. Were this to turn out to be the scenario, I expect the public opinion and legal proceedings would be quite interesting to follow.

Well hell, it isn't the first time a young man from a tony background skulked around and killed an older woman for what seems to be a bizarre reason in South Carolina. Check out the Mary Lynn Witherspoon case...believe it or not it is even more bizarre than this one.

The foxcarolina.com outlet is reporting that the fiancé who was charged with the *advertiser censored* stuff has been charged with “buggary”. I haven’t read the report yet and my sorry eyes thought it was “burglary” at first.

Yikes. I had to search for the report as ch21 seems to have dropped in from the front page and I don’t blame them. I wrongfully assumed that buggary had to do with tapping a phone or such but I’ll leave it to the reader from here.

For clarity, "buggery" is an antique word for only slightly out of the ordinary sex acts that most people in 2022 would consider to be positively tame.

In the state of South Carolina, these acts "whether with mankind or beast" were punishable by death for over a hundred years and are still technically felonies.

This law has traditionally been used to punish homosexuals but in the current political climate I couldn't guess why it might have been invoked in this particular case.

For clarity, "buggery" is an antique word for only slightly out of the ordinary sex acts that most people in 2022 would consider to be positively tame.

In the state of South Carolina, these acts "whether with mankind or beast" were punishable by death for over a hundred years and are still technically felonies.

This law has traditionally been used to punish homosexuals but in the current political climate I couldn't guess why it might have been invoked in this particular case.

In the report it mentions a dog being involved, hence my “Yikes” reply. This gets more twisted as we go. I had to look the word up myself.

Can you post a link?

I’m sorry but I don’t know how in this tablet but thanks to @evilwise for bringing it. On some other sites, when I type an address like above, it will automatically underline it and go to that site if it’s clicked and I forget that it doesn’t do that here.

I don’t shock easy but I admit that I was a bit stunned with this. And we see/hear a lot of crazy following crime cases as you all know well. Apparently if these allegations are true, boundaries aren’t in this dudes wheelhouse but LE doesn’t seem to have tied him to this murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back