SC - Cristina Pangalangan, 13, special needs, died in hot car, Colleton County, Aug 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Genetics is the answer here... :cool:

The mother probably punished her kids by locking them in the car throughout their childhood.
Generational abuse.
Just wait kids that had her as a teacher will most likely start talking.
The school must be desperate for teachers they'd take anyone with half a brain cell.

I'd be interested in knowing what was in the phones of both Rita and Larry.
Had they discussed negative thoughts towards Cristina ?

I.e., LE can maybe add, 'premeditated' to the murder charges.
I am hoping for severe justice for both in their horrible treatment of this precious and vulnerable young teen.
Special needs children deserve an extra measure of love, understanding, and patience !
Omo.

Rest in gentle peace, Cristina !

Last edited:
Rita's Facebook, different last name but it's definitely her
Cristina looked extremely thin in the photos.
I wonder if she'd been starved ?
Was placing her in the car a usual 'punishment' for this poor girl ?
Depending on her disability, as another poster upthread suggested, she may not have been able to 'act out' very much.
Was Cristina able to express hunger or pain ?
:(
Omo.

I don't think a child with the disabilities Cristina had can act out. She appears entirely dependent. Her death is really one of the most cruel, heartless, selfish and evil things I've ever read of on this site. I shared the statement made by her school because it sounds like her school knew her better and cared about her more than her own mother. It stuns me that her mother is a teacher herself, it's extremely disappointing. I hope that if she does happen to get away with this (I hope she does not!) then she's never allowed anywhere close to a school ever again.
This ! ^^^^

Brittney Honeycutt testified that defendant Rita Pangalangan asked her if she could watch her 13-year-old disabled daughter Cristina. Honeycutt said she couldn't because she needed to go to work. Honeycutt testified Rita told her she could still take her, leave her in her car with the windows down because she (Rita) does it all the time.

last updated 10:59 AM, August 29, 2023

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (Court TV) — A woman once named teacher of the year and her boyfriend are standing trial on charges they killed a 13-year-old girl with special needs.

Rita Pangalangan and Larry King Jr. are charged with murder, criminal conspiracy and great bodily harm of a child for the death of Pangalangan’s teenage daughter, Cristina.

I don't know much about this case; however, Cristina though 13 years of age is still considered a child, as are 13 year olds, imo. Besides - because of her disabilities Cristina was dependent on her "mother" who should have been protecting her.

Seeking justice for Cristina and hopeful the monsters are given the most severe punishment possible.

All moo and speculation.

Judge Clifton Newman presided over the Alex Murdaugh trial. He is the judge in our new trial SC v. Rita Pangalangan & Larry King.

View attachment 443503
I listened to a fair amount of the Alex Murdaugh trial and was SO impressed by the professionalism and compassion of this judge. I trust he will be fair and I doubt he will show much mercy to these two - he lost a son in the last year or so and was (rightly) a bit emotional about this when sentencing Alex Murdaugh. I can't imagine he will feel much sympathy towards these two, especially a mother who so profoundly neglected her daughter.

DAY 2: Murder trial cont. for mother and boyfriend accused of leaving 13-year-old special needs child Cristina Pangalangan in a hot car to die in Aug 2019. Presiding Judge Clifton Newman in Coll Cty.

We are now hearing from the prosecution witnesses. State's first witness is a SLED special agent who was first on the scene - she tells the jury she saw the child laying in the tall grass near the car- she had to go into the house and retrieve the mother Rita Pangalangan.

State Witness: Brittney Honeycutt says she would watch/babysit Cristina for the mother Rita Pangalangan. Honeycutt says back at the beginning of August 2019 (near the time of Cristina's hot car death) that she told Rita she could not watch her daughter because she had to go to work- but Rita told her to just "leave Cristina in the car with windows rolled down" and that "(Rita) did it all the time.”

State witness Brooklyn Molina did the prelim toxicology on Rita Pangalangan and Larry King Jr. She says both were found to have Methamphetamine and Amphetamine in their systems at the time of Cristina's death. Results confirmed by another forensic toxicologist Lisa Mitchell

Breaking for lunch now…

For the next 4 hours and 14 minutes.. the jury is instructed to watch a surveillance video of the Pangalangan car. The video begins at 11am on August 5, 2019... Judge Newman said there will be breaks when needed for jurors, but it appears the state intends to show exactly how long it felt for the girl w/ special needs to sit in the hot car with no shade before she expired.

At @ 11:16 am on the video, you see Rita Pangalangan and Larry King Jr place Cristina in the backseat of the car and shut the door. it is unclear at this point whether the car's engine is running. Rita and her boyfriend have an animated conversation on the porch for nearly 30 minutes before going in

we are back in session... a state expert testifies that the temperature outside was in the 90's the day Cristina died with high humidity- a dew point hovering 75%.

Forensic toxicologist and state witness Mitchell: It was enough Meth to still be in the bloodstream and the individual would be under the influence of the drugs.

Just had a short break during the Pangalangan/King Murder trial- an opportunity to hear Judge Clifton Newman utter the words "Bring the Jury" once more- take us straight back to the days of the Alex #Murdaugh six week double murder trial....

Opening statements in the hot car child death murder trial began Tuesday morning. Rita Pangalangan is accused of purposefully leaving her daughter in a hot car to die — allegedly checking on the car every few hours. “The child’s brain gave up, the organs gave up, she had blisters all over her body and she died in the back seat of that car,” prosecutor Duffie Stone said. “When temperatures reach that high, kids — they are tortured and they are cooked to death.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back