SC - Cristina Pangalangan, 13, special needs, died in hot car, Colleton County, Aug 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the link, @legalmomma !

There are no words I can use here, for the part of the security cam where they are looking into the car, hands cupped around their eyes to block out the reflection of the sun that was slowly killing Cristina.
:mad:
Sometimes it seems like the punishment should fit the crime, but at the very least they need life without parole.
SC does have the dp which in this case.... well.
But more fitting would be for them to be locked in a small cell and think about their life choices as they slowly dwindle out their remaining days.

Cristina's school described her as smiling and welcoming interaction with others.
What's the hardest to fathom, is that she may not have even understood evil as we do, but she might have thought her mom whom she loved had merely forgotten her all those times in the car ?
Revolting.
Omo.

I hope she wasn't aware, I hope she passed thinking her mom did love her. It would be better that way than feeling unloved. MOO

How exactly does an immobile, non-verbal child disobey to the point of needing to be punished?

:(
Not sure, Trying to understand why the mother locked her in a car on a hot day. I recall reading and hearing it was how she controlled her when she was stubborn or needed a sitter. Now I cannot find that info. Please disregard my posts.

Last edited:
I have been trying, without success, to find the video showing RP going to the car alone at 12:30 per the info given during the direct and cross exam of LK today (the time was specified even by prosecution). (Supposedly, RP sits down in the front seat, and also speaks to poor Cristina per def attorney). Is the security cam clock off by 1 hour or am I just missing it?? TIA for any help!

Opening Statements August 29, video over 6 minutes.

‘Cooked to Death’: Rita Pangalangan Left Daughter in Hot Car to Die Like 'Baggage,' Prosecutor Says​

Opening statements in the hot car child death murder trial began Tuesday morning. Rita Pangalangan is accused of purposefully leaving her daughter in a hot car to die — allegedly checking on the car every few hours. “The child’s brain gave up, the organs gave up, she had blisters all over her body and she died in the back seat of that car,” prosecutor Duffie Stone said. “When temperatures reach that high, kids — they are tortured and they are cooked to death.”

I have been trying, without success, to find the video showing RP going to the car alone at 12:30 per the info given during the direct and cross exam of LK today (the time was specified even by prosecution). (Supposedly, RP sits down in the front seat, and also speaks to poor Cristina per def attorney). Is the security cam clock off by 1 hour or am I just missing it?? TIA for any help!
Unable to find it too. Here's Court TV's Closing Arguments, Discussion about the video. Not sure it helps, it's not LK testifying.

Timestamp 4:18, Video beginning @11:16 am when Cristina is put in the car.

RP going to the car alone @12:29 pm

Unable to find it too. Here's Court TV's Closing Arguments, Discussion about the video. Not sure it helps, it's not LK testifying.

Timestamp 4:18, Video beginning @11:16 am when Cristina is put in the car.

RP going to the car alone @12:29 pm

Well, that's another confirmation about the time frame (12:29/12:30) which is reinforcement for the topic... so thank you ;)

I suppose it's really only important that the jurors see it but I'd love to see it, too! I'd love to know what RP is doing if she actually sits down in the car.

Well, that's another confirmation about the time frame (12:29/12:30) which is reinforcement for the topic... so thank you ;)

I suppose it's really only important that the jurors see it but I'd love to see it, too! I'd love to know what RP is doing if she actually sits down in the car.
From my understanding, the video shows her entering the car, but you can't see what she's doing while sitting because the camera records when it detects motion, and apparently there wasn't much motion. There is a gap in the video because of that.

jmo

From my understanding, the video shows her entering the car, but you can't see what she's doing while sitting because the camera records when it detects motion, and apparently there wasn't much motion. There is a gap in the video because of that.

jmo

But wouldn't we at least see her open the car door and sit down? I can't even seem to find that.

Yeah, I didn't see that either. What do think she did while sitting there?

jmo

I don't know.

I'm just trying to figure out when (or if) the car was ever started. Not that an idling car would make a difference at all in the outcome... yet I would like to see what might have occurred via video.

IMO RP certainly didn't care about her child that day. RP used that car as a cage for her daughter so she wouldn't have to be bothered with her.

DAILY TRIAL HIGHLIGHTS

DAY 3 – 9/1/23

• Court is not scheduled for Thursday, August 30, due to a hurricane threatening the area.
DAY 2 – 8/30/23

• Forensic Science Network Director Dr. Demetra Garvin testified that Rita Pangalangan and Larry King Jr. both had levels of methamphetamine in their blood consistent with abuse.
    • Rita had 400 ng/ml of meth and 160 ng/ml of amphetamine in her blood.
    • Larry had 480 ng/ml of meth and 88 ng/ml of amphetamine in his blood.
  • A forensic pathologist testified that Cristina died of hypothermia after being left in a hot car for hours.
    • The coroner recorded her body temperature as 109 degrees, the highest temperature his thermometer could reach.
    • He found evidence that decomposition had begun, based on the nature of her injuries.
    • Found that Cristina had vomited and that had aspirated into her lungs as she was dying.
  • The state rested its case-in-chief.
  • Larry King Jr. testified that the car was running with the air conditioning on when he placed Cristina in the car on Aug. 5, 2019.
    • Larry said that he knew Cristina but did not consider himself responsible for her.
    • Larry said that he and Rita had been fighting that day over infidelity, but they made up and had sex while Cristina was in the car.
    • On cross, Larry admitted that he knew Rita was using meth that weekend and that neither he nor Rita opened the front door of the car during a portion of the video shown in court.
    • Larry said he didn’t know what Rita did when she opened the front door at 12:29 when she checked on Cristina.

Last updated 7:07 AM, August 31, 2023

#DISTURBING | Video shows the moment Larry King Jr. and Rita Pangalangan put her disabled teen daughter in the backseat of a car. They are accused of leaving 13-year-old Cristina in the hot car alone for hours, killing her. #CourtTV What do YOU think?

It looks like he's carrying and treating Cristina in a rough manner ?
My goodness she looks tiny for a 13 year old.
I believe it's possible she was malnourished ?

We only have the male defendants' word that the A/C was on, but in that case Cristina's core temps shouldn't have reached 109 ∘ (& that was as far as the thermometer could reach, according to above post # 119 ) !
Omo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back