SC - Cristina Pangalangan, 13, special needs, died in hot car, Colleton County, Aug 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am glad she was terminated. I have been trying to wrap my head around this murder from the start. I get the mother was obsessed with the partner and she wanted time off from her daughter. I don't believe that she looked in the car at 3 pm (after 4 hours) and saw her daughter alive. Why look for keys? What was going on to lead this woman to wait another hour? Insurance she was dead? Drug use? Ugh. People like this make it hard to believe in the goodness of humanity.

So many freakin red flags in this story:

"Pangalangan allegedly placed her daughter inside her vehicle at about 11 a.m. on Aug. 5. When she allegedly went to the vehicle to get her daughter out about 3 p.m., she reportedly said she realized she had locked her car keys inside the vehicle.

King and Pangalangan allegedly left the home to search for a second set of keys, returning to King’s home at about 4:15 p.m.

They removed Christina from the vehicle and placed her on the ground. At 4:50 p.m., they contacted authorities."

WTF???

She placed her disabled child in the vehicle at 11am? What for?

She didn't return to the car until 3 pm. Why the HE!! did she wait four hours to return to the car??? Isn't that murder?

Then she goes to look for the 2nd set of keys? Seriously? She won't break one car window to ty and save her daughter?

Takes over an hour to look for extra keys, then they wait another half hour before calling 911, after finding her dead.

Mother of the year...

“According to a timeline given by police, Pangalangan was inside the store for at least about 25 minutes, but claimed she'd only been in the store for five minutes when confronted by officers after she returned to her car.

Two witnesses reported the children being left alone in the vehicle at 1:18 p.m. Police arrived at 1:27 p.m., and Pangalangan didn't come out of the store until approximately 15 minutes after police arrived, all according to police documents.”

—-
Update on the mother in this sad situation.

Pangalangan no longer in teaching position

“Last school year, Pangalangan had taught early childhood education at xxxx....She was employed by the school district for 25 years.”

(xs by me)

—-
Goes to show how much value those awards have tbh.

Well, let’s not diminish the value of the well earned awards at other schools by other teachers who really are deserving. I have a “teacher of the year” in the family and we are all very proud. It is an honor in some places. Obviously not here of course, as it is a disgrace.

I’m a former teacher. I’ve also worked with many special needs students.

Please don’t let this woman shine negatively on other teachers who have received commendations.

Last edited:
Bond granted for couple charged with murder, accused of deliberately leaving child in car (with clip)

September 12, 2019

"COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - Bond has been granted for a Lowcountry couple who were charged with murder after authorities say the two deliberately left a disabled 13-year-old girl in a car in Colleton County which led to the child’s death.

Rita Pangalangan was given a $100,000 bond, while Larry King was granted a $50,000 bond on Wednesday.

Both were charged with murder with malice and aforethought in the death of Pangalangan’s daughter, Cristina Pangalangan...."

Bond granted for couple charged with murder, accused of deliberately leaving child in car

According to the Colleton County Sheriff’s Office, Cristina Pangalangan was left to die inside a car by her own mother and her mother’s boyfriend.

Rita Pangalangan and Larry King are charged with Cristina’s murder, but they aren't in jail. They haven't even gone to trial.

For Cristina’s loved ones, it’s a source of pain and confusion. They want to know why, and what’s taking so long.

Late in the afternoon of August 5th, 2019, Colleton County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a home on Lowcountry Highway, about 10 miles outside Walterboro.

According to Rita Pangalangan, she’d briefly gone inside the home of her boyfriend, Larry King, to retrieve a pack of cigarettes.

Rita Pangalangan told deputies she left her daughter, Cristina, inside her 2012 Volkswagen Jetta. But when Rita came back outside, she claims her car doors were locked with Cristina and the keys trapped inside.

By the time Rita said she and King were able to retrieve a spare set of keys and get Cristina out of the car, it was too late.

First responders said when they arrived, Cristina was out of the car but wasn’t breathing. They said she was “beyond help.”

Quickly, the story Rita Pangalangan and Larry King told investigators began to fall apart.

I wonder how many of these special needs murders stem from the parent(s) simply not having the resources to deal with it, and not taking the time to deal with it rationally and figure out a sane solution.

She's batshit crazy or beyond super lazy to do something like that. Since she was just going in to Walmart she was clearly not going to leave them for hours or leaving them while she went in to work to die. But ...well since she's a suspect I guess we can discuss what she said on FB? Because on FB she described what her mother did as "something that could happen to anyone". Except no one sees their kid left in a car for hours and decides to go spend over an hour looking for spare keys. They must both be using a lot of drugs.....

drugs or bad DNA.
It seems bad decisions & murder runs in the family. They should study their brains for deformities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee
Back