Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Faye’s mom, dad & grandma are heavy on my thoughts this am. There’s been some strong posts about whether autopsy should be released or kept private, with all kinds of thoughts about dignity, who should decide, when to release, etc. The more I think about it, the more I think today’s release is the best plan.

If LE/family never release it, speculation NEVER stops- and what family needs that? By getting it out in the open, people will chatter/post/opine a bit & then it will fade away so the family can grieve in peace. I think the chatter will be 90% over by Faye’s funeral Friday. Jmvho

I agree that both autopsy results should be released, at a high-level. How Faye died, and how CT died - suicide or...?.

However, and this is just MOO, IF it is the case that CT was responsible, and IF there was sexual assault, I believe that part should be withheld. I think knowing he was responsible with some concrete evidence should be enough. But I also know speculation will occur no matter what.

3PM seems like a really long way away...

I agree that both autopsy results should be released, at a high-level. How Faye died, and how CT died - suicide or...?.

However, and this is just MOO, IF it is the case that CT was responsible, and IF there was sexual assault, I believe that part should be withheld. I think knowing he was responsible with some concrete evidence should be enough. But I also know speculation will occur no matter what.

3PM seems like a really long way away...
I am selfish and curious, I want to know every little detail but I am not entitled to know that.

Tim Scott on Twitter
Here’s a look at the memorial taking shape outside the Churchill Heights subdivision honoring Faye Swetlik. We’ve seen several people stop by in the rain this morning to add to the memorial and say a prayer.
EREVg8IWkAA4bXd.jpg
EREVg8lXUAAMq7m.jpg
EREVg8KWoAEeCqI.jpg

10:20 AM - 18 Feb 2020 from Springdale, SC

Unfortunately, Autopsy results will most likely not answer the real question we all want to know, and that is 'why?'
My biggest question is how he managed to lure her to his house without anyone witnessing it. Assuming CT is the perp this will never been answered because he never had a chance to be interviewed.

Tim Scott on Twitter
Here’s a look at the memorial taking shape outside the Churchill Heights subdivision honoring Faye Swetlik. We’ve seen several people stop by in the rain this morning to add to the memorial and say a prayer.
EREVg8IWkAA4bXd.jpg
EREVg8lXUAAMq7m.jpg
EREVg8KWoAEeCqI.jpg

10:20 AM - 18 Feb 2020 from Springdale, SC
I really do hope once everything dies down the council will put a plaque or statue there representing Faye. She brought out the best of the community and deserves to be recognized permanently there.

Unfortunately, Autopsy results will most likely not answer the real question we all want to know, and that is 'why?'

In one sense, that's the answer we rarely get here. Because whatever led whatever perp to make whatever decision that led them to that point, wouldn't lead a rational person to make that same decision. But understanding people, and what motivates and incentivizes people, goes a long way to understanding why they make the decisions they do. Pretty sure that's why a good portion of us are here, to improve that understanding.

Something that I was thinking of this morning was why hide Faye's body? I was reading an article that states they believe that Faye's body was placed where it was found after a piece of evidence was found in the trash....so obviously he knew they were closing in on him. But IF he committed suicide due to police closing in on him, why go to the trouble of hiding the body? Was it merely to cause more pain to the parents of her and not being able to locate her still? If he had planned on committing suicide when they were closing in, what difference would it of been to him had her remains been with him or hidden?

EDIT: Hiding the body would risk getting caught and not being able to committ suicide...kind of where I am going with this.

OT: Is there a thread here for Shasta? I did a search but not coming up with anything.

Something that I was thinking of this morning was why hide Faye's body? I was reading an article that states they believe that Faye's body was placed where it was found after a piece of evidence was found in the trash....so obviously he knew they were closing in on him. But IF he committed suicide due to police closing in on him, why go to the trouble of hiding the body? Was it merely to cause more pain to the parents of her and not being able to locate her still? If he had planned on committing suicide when they were closing in, what difference would it of been to him had her remains been with him or hidden?

EDIT: Hiding the body would risk getting caught and not being able to committ suicide...kind of where I am going with this.
Deleted sorry again.

they went into FULL detail about Jon Benet. It was disgusting to read to say the least but it needed to be said. Which brings me to will a book be written now??

I think there's a good chance they will hold some back if they're not looking for a suspect, that's the main way this differs from JBR.

There is a press conference scheduled for 3 p.m. EST today with Lexington County Coroner, Margaret Fisher, and Cayce DPS Director, Byron Snellgrove. I do not want to see this thread get shut down again. Please review:
ADMIN NOTES:

At this time, the deceased CT has not been officially named by LE as the perpetrator of this crime. Unless/until LE advises otherwise (or Tricia makes a thread specific exception), do not sleuth him or make direct accusations of him being responsible.

Websleuths is fact based and rumors are not allowed. If your post starts with something like “it says on FB” or “i read somewhere”, that is considered hearsay or rumor and your post will be removed.

Inappropriate, crass or insensitive posts will be removed. Please don’t ask why.

It is against The Rules to discuss or solicit PMs on the thread. If you want to PM with someone, just do it without announcing it.

Please don’t drag other cases into the discussion. Details from other threads/cases detract from the case at hand and can end up causing confusion in the discussion.

Do not bring race or religion into the discussion. It is a violation of TOS. Race can only be mentioned as it relates to a physical descriptor released by LE regarding a POI/suspect.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, all information stated as fact must have a link to MSM or LE, and ALL images require a link to give credit to the source.

Threads are for discussion of the case at hand, so please don’t question or challenge moderation or The Rules on the thread. Just read The Rules and post accordingly. If you have a question about those rules, please just private message a Mod or Admin without derailing the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove