Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping this great post. Nobody can watch a child 24/7. Some do college online while working 2 jobs & raising kids. Some kids have to walk home from a bus. Some districts allow that, others don’t. Some parents let their kids play outside, others prop them up in front of TV & video games so they’re “safe”. Judging the mom at this stage isn’t going to help Faye. JMO
I agree. We don't even know if her mother was home; just that she was the one who reported Faye missing, but she may have been at work. It could have been Grandma at the home, or a neighbor who was supposed to be watching her. We are missing a lot of pieces to the puzzle at this point which is not unusual. MOO

Would the bus on Londonderry stop at the head of each road where the apartments are located so the kids could walk to their home? I don't think there is enough room for a bus to turn around in there.

I wish we would hear more about her. Was she a homebody who never left the yard or friendly and would greet everyone she saw? Even seek them out? Was she someone who didn't want to get her clothes and boots dirty or would she jump into each puddle she saw?
There's a video back a few pages in which the reporter says she was let out near Londonderry. MOO

FEB 11, 2020
Home security footage could help in search for Faye Swetlik, missing Cayce 6-year-old
[...]

Among the list of resources aiding in the search are canine units, a helicopter, and agents from the FBI. Now, home surveillance video apps could be added to the list.

Multiple law enforcement agencies around the Midlands have access to the Ring app's neighbors portal, including Columbia, Lexington and Springdale Police.

Through the app, these agencies are able to share information about crime or safety events and Ring customers can submit video recordings to help with active investigations.

In a press conference, Capt. Adam Myrick with the Lexington County Sheriff's Department said they're using the system, and those similar to it, to assist in the search for Swetlik.

[...]

(there does appear to be school district bus service, my original search must have been wonky)
Page 5 here shows a pickup time at Londonderry Lane heading for Springdale Elementary on a specific bus/route.
Page 6 shows a drop off at Londonderry on a specific bus/route.
JMO MOO
Springdale to Davis Bus Times.pdf
ETA: .pdf file states “Londonberry” with a b, which I believe is a typo

Forgive my soapbox- roll & scroll if y’all want...

BUT IF THERE IS ENOUGH CRITERIA TO YARD IN FBI, SHOULDN’T THAT BE THE SAME CRITERIA FOR AMERT ALERT?!!

Just say’n. Steppn’ off box.
I’m with ya.
I think it’s safe to say that the current amber alert although proven to be very successful could use some revising, esp with these children “disappearing” in alarming numbers lately, and in circumstances that don’t fit the criteria. MOO

FEB 11, 2020
S.C. officials continue search for missing 6-year-old last seen playing in yard
Community members told WIS they are organizing a prayer vigil for Faye on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Airport High School.

Cola Daily on Twitter
NOTICE: Community members will be holding a prayer vigil tonight at 6:30 p.m. for missing Cayce 6-year-old, Faye Swetlik. The event will be held at Trinity Baptist Church - 2003 Charleston Hwy, Cayce.
1:16 PM - 11 Feb 2020
2 takeaways:
-Family is not holding up well.
-Prayer vigil relocated from HS to Baptist Church due to weather.

What’s happening up there w weather? I wonder if Faye’s prayer vigil is at her home church? A pic a few posts back showed her standing in front of fridge nativity scene.

Well, just a thought... for example, there could have also been an arrangement where Faye usually goes to a neighbor's house after school and for what ever reason, that didn't happen yesterday, and maybe Faye's mom wasn't aware right away that Faye didn't go to the neighbor's house after school like she usually does.

I only say this because of the case of 11 yr old Shauna Howe in PA who disappeared on her way home from a girl scout Halloween party. Her mom was at work that night, but had an arrangement where one of the other moms always took Shauna home from all girl scout activities. Shauna's mom assumed these folks would be driving Shauna home from the girl scout party, but it wasn't until Shauna didn't return from the party, that her mom had suddenly remembered that that family was out of town on vacation that week.

I just wonder if wires got crossed here in Faye's case and for what ever reason, even something as simple as Faye knocking on the door of the neighbor, but the neighbor didn't hear it right away or Faye getting distracted by something in her yard, or something along those lines. That's at least one scenario where no one would know who was home at Faye's house, because no one was home.

Edited to add: I am not saying Faye went to a neighbor's house. I'm not saying that she was supposed to go to a neighbor's house. I was merely giving an example of a situation where LE isn't saying who was home at Faye's house, because, perhaps, no one was home. Thanks.
I agree with your point. She may have had afternoon care from a neighbor at her own home or theirs. Perhaps the mixup in times of when she was last seen and by whom, and the response from family to search for her first was due to this back and forth between 2 possible locations. I can see a potential misunderstanding or believing it to be a misunderstanding originally and then searching around the area first. JMO

FEB 11, 2020
Hundreds searching for 6-year-old girl who vanished while playing outside her home
More than 250 officers are searching Tuesday morning...

Lexington Sheriff on Twitter
Do you live in the Churchill Heights subdivision? Do you have security cameras? We're working with @Cayce_DPS and @CityofCayce to locate 6 y.o. Faye and we need your help.

Please call the hotline with any tips or video footage: 803-205-4444. #lcsdnews

EQgBYd_W4AI_WAF.jpg

Would the bus on Londonderry stop at the head of each road where the apartments are located so the kids could walk to their home? I don't think there is enough room for a bus to turn around in there.

I wish we would hear more about her. Was she a homebody who never left the yard or friendly and would greet everyone she saw? Even seek them out? Was she someone who didn't want to get her clothes and boots dirty or would she jump into each puddle she saw?
Google screen shot of walking route from bus drop off IMO 2218 Londonderry to FMS residence at 16 Londonderry.

Attachments

• 4C4D0E3E-E9B1-47BC-A050-97C2023DF82B.jpeg
    4C4D0E3E-E9B1-47BC-A050-97C2023DF82B.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 56
Why aren’t we hearing who saw her last? If it wasn’t mom, what was mom doing? Does she have siblings? Hoping LE are all over registered SO’s in the area. I believe I saw reported earlier that all family members have acknowledged that she is not with them. Who are these members? Mom Dad? Where does dad live? Is he present in FS’s life? BF in picture? Im sure I’m repeating questions already asked, my apologies MOO

Caroline Coleburn on Twitter
MISSING CHILD: These posters hang in gas stations and restaurants around Cayce to get the word out about missing 6-year-old Faye Swetlik. If you see her or have any information, please call 704-334-2750.
EQg-aRAWAAITMkc.jpg

1:33 PM - 11 Feb 2020

Sooji Nam on Twitter
CURRENTLY: Investigators on scene of where 6-year-old Faye Swetlik was last seen wearing a black shirt with neon colors, a flower print skirt and polka-dot rain boots. SLED, Cayce DPS, and Lexington Sheriff just few agencies on scene. DNR just rolled up. @wachfox
EQg-iSuXUAE75on.jpg

1:33 PM - 11 Feb 2020

(there does appear to be school district bus service, my original search must have been wonky)
Page 5 here shows a pickup time at Londonderry Lane heading for Springdale Elementary on a specific bus/route.
Page 6 shows a drop off at Londonderry on a specific bus/route.
JMO MOO
Springdale to Davis Bus Times.pdf
ETA: .pdf file states “Londonberry” with a b, which I believe is a typo
Great find! Route 21RP afternoon stop at 2218 Londonberry Lane @ 2:51 PM. Plus time to walk home. Plus or minus fluctuation in bus schedule.

FEB 11, 2020
https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article240191212.html
[...]

Faye Marie Swetlik hadn't been seen since shortly before 3:45 p.m. Monday after family members saw her get off the bus in her densely populated neighborhood, Cayce Public Safety Officer Sgt. Evan Antley said.

“At some point, the family realized they had lost track of her," said Antley, adding that the family called 911 about 5 p.m.

[...]

Hundreds search for missing 6-year-old girl
First-grader Faye Swetlik was last seen at about 3:45 p.m., after she got off the school bus and was playing in front of her home in Cayce, just outside of Columbia, according to the Cayce Department of Public Safety.

Why aren’t we hearing who saw her last? If it wasn’t mom, what was mom doing? Does she have siblings? Hoping LE are all over registered SO’s in the area. I believe I saw reported earlier that all family members have acknowledged that she is not with them. Who are these members? Mom Dad? Where does dad live? Is he present in FS’s life? BF in picture? Im sure I’m repeating questions already asked, my apologies MOO
I would like this information as well. Is there two actively involve parents? Any CPS investigations? Who got her off the bus? IMO, we typically get this information fairly quickly, but this seems a bit hush hush, or kept quiet on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l