Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it feels uncomfortable with hindsight, I can honestly see searching around on their own for a bit. Who suspects abduction instantly? More likely child wandered off, is just around back or in a neighboring yard. JMO
I agree. IMO, you would notice your child wasn't where they were supposed to be, you'd call their name a few times, walk around the outside of the house, go back in the house to check, come back out and then panic. So 10-20 minutes looking? IDK, I can't judge the time frame b/c I haven't been in that position. I just need more information before I can lean one way or the other.

Noting:
  • During an early morning news conference, Sgt. Evan Antley shared that the bus stop was not directly in front of Swetlik’s house, but very close.
  • He added that it is normal to see children playing outside in yards in this neighborhood.
  • Police have not specified whether Faye went inside the house or if she stayed in the yard after getting home.

So we now know that Mom walked FS home, a typical day for them. But were they alone after arriving at home? There is an hour between noticing that FS was missing and a 911 call. Why? Was mom out searching herself or is this typical for FS to go a friends close by and she was assuming this? I don't like the hour wait at all. MOO
Most parents would search first before calling police in a situation like this. She may have also asked neighbors and friends if they had seen her. Jmo

I hope LE clears this up at this afternoon’s presser. Some media reporting LE doesn’t know if anyone was home when Faye retuned from school (I’m guessing this is based on early msm reporting). Other media have stated Faye’s mom was at the bus stop to walk her home- per interviews w neighbors, but not confirmed by LE. Clarification would be good!

I
I am not a native of SC and while I must say they people in this area are very sweet and kindhearted perhaps grammar is NOT always a priority (no offense) I only wanted to share personal experiences!!! Again, nicest people you will ever meet .... I just wanted to share this so you take that into consideration when listening to local news
I don't give tense any weight unless other "things" are happening. This has felt like abduction within a couple of hours to me.

So we now know that Mom walked FS home, a typical day for them. But were they alone after arriving at home? There is an hour between noticing that FS was missing and a 911 call. Why? Was mom out searching herself or is this typical for FS to go a friends close by and she was assuming this? I don't like the hour wait at all. MOO

LE made it known that it is not unusual for kids in this neighborhood to be outside in their yard after school playing alone or together. It seems she was outside when noticed missing and police contacted an hour later or about 5 pm.

Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

They were searching near Congaree Creek last night but there is another one east of the complex - Sixmile Creek. I have not seen that one mentioned yet in MSM. MOO

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article240181278.html
In addition to homes and vehicles, the search is also covering a wooded area in and around the neighborhood, as well as terrain at nearby Congaree Creek, which has risen with all of the recent rain, Antley said.

Sixmile Creek: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
For a visual aid, amateur speculation only, I took the distance measurement, in miles, from FMS residence taking a direct line over to a location along SixMile Creek near the freeway. It’s 0.30 miles. ETA as the crow flies

Attachments

• A5C3E367-5B81-4449-8568-0FD86D0F66BA.jpeg
    A5C3E367-5B81-4449-8568-0FD86D0F66BA.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 31
Okay, so water is a very real concern here.

Do we know what exactly she was playing by herself in the back yard? I didn't see toys out in the yard...could she have gotten bored and headed to a friend's house?

I'm wondering if she has friends/playmates in her neighborhood.

Any playgrounds or parks nearby?
I'm hoping a local can chime in and answer this. There's Community Park about two miles away but I doubt that's the closest playground. I dunno... :( MOO

I saw this last night and I had hoped she would be quickly found, hoped she had just wandered off. Sorry to see that she's still missing.

If the parents truly saw her at 3:45 and reported her at 5, I don't think the timing is that off. I would imagine they searched first. I bet that's a tough call; I'm sure any good parent would be frantic but you don't want to panic and call the cops unnecessarily.

06B32B8B-185E-402D-A6AB-09ECB47645AD.jpeg UPDATE ON FAYE: The @Cayce_DPS says, "There are more than 250 of the best and bravest officers and investigators from agencies across the country looking for Faye Swetlik right now. Keep praying. Keep sharing. Keep calling 803-205-4444 if you have any information."

#PrayforFaye

Dawndy Mercer Plank on Twitter

I saw this last night and I had hoped she would be quickly found, hoped she had just wandered off. Sorry to see that she's still missing.

If the parents truly saw her at 3:45 and reported her at 5, I don't think the timing is that off. I would imagine they searched first. I bet that's a tough call; I'm sure any good parent would be frantic but you don't want to panic and call the cops unnecessarily.
Certainly everyone parents differently, I guess when you see the evil that is lurking and conquering here on WS daily, I would bother the heck out of LE after I get a quick look around without finding her. To each his own for sure. MOO

View attachment 231464 View attachment 231465 Happening now. Every vehicle that pulls in or out of this Cayce neighborhood is being stopped. I saw Deputies showing a picture of Faye Swetlik, taking down driver info and tag numbers. The six year old girl has been missing for about 24 hours now.

Greg Suskin on Twitter
Wow. Every vehicle stopped. Constantly pushing for media sharing & video surveillance tips. This team is well prepared for this scenario & rapidly implementing strategy. Impressed!

I'm hoping a local can chime in and answer this. There's Community Park about two miles away but I doubt that's the closest playground. I dunno... :( MOO
@PommyMommy...I believe there is swings nearby, I was planning to ask my son when he gets home as he played in that neighborhood as a teenager. I'll post later after I talk to him. And, Hey: we are an active duty family too. Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l